alpha males creepy entitled babies evil sexy ladies mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny post contains sarcasm PUA pussyconomics red pill rhymes with roosh vaginas

Roosh V warns: “Pussy Inflation is starting to force men out of the market”

Inflated Pussy on parade
Inflated Pussy on parade

Noted pussyconomist Roosh Valizadeh offers these sobering thoughts on the rising costs — and decreasing quality — of vagina:

The quality of women—both their appearance and their attitude—is sliding to the bottom while the work we have to expend to meet these more inferior females is increasing. This phenomenon of pussy inflation is starting to force men out of the market, for what “average” man can find the time, ability, and motivation to seduce a merely cute woman who may only want to fuck him a couple times before becoming distracted by the next shiny object that gets placed in her path? If this inflations proceeds, the only men who will get laid consistently are ones who approach it like a job, blocking out a minimum of two hours a day to the task.

If anything Roosh is underestimating the dangers here. During Germany’s hyperpussyflation in the early 1920s, men had to devote as many as 3700 hours a day in order to score with merely cute women. Indeed, it is rumored that some of these men were forced to wipe their own asses in order to make themselves more appealing to women.

The reality we face right now is this: the quality of men around the world is increasing to compete with a decreasing quality of women. This is great if you’re a woman, because without lifting a finger you can get better than a couple years before. If you’re a man and didn’t step up your game recently, however, you will get lower results. If you don’t stay on top of the latest game scientific data or dating app, you will be out-competed. Or you’ll just get nothing. Inflation often helps those who have debt, but if you have no debt, if you lived life prudently and with virtue, inflation destroys your purchasing power. As much as men improve themselves, women are appreciating in relative value as they make all the wrong decisions with their lives. This is the world we live in.

To be honest, Roosh, I don’t think you and I live in the same world.

cassandrakitty

Wow, that song. Never saw that movie so I missed what is apparently Disney’s all time scariest villain.

sunnysombrera

Paradoxical: they’re different actors, but apparently on the very last line the dubbing switches to the English version cause the french guy couldn’t hit the high note.

ParadoxicalIntention

cassandrakitty

It’s worth a watch. Definitely Disney pushing an envelope when they needed to. It dealt with a LOT of kid-unfriendly stuff like Lust, Abuse of Power, and Religion. I’m surprised it was tolerated as much as it was by parents. (Try to release a “kid’s movie” like that NOW and I’m sure you’d have a full-blown boycott on your hands.)

Of course, I didn’t know how scary Frollo was until I learned about male entitlement and what men will do when confronted with a woman they can’t have and I watched it again. *shiver*

At least the movie ended happier than the book did.

cassandrakitty

Actually that’s a good question, what percentage of the kids who watched that movie when it came out understood what they were seeing, and how their parents framed it for them if they asked questions.

sunnysombrera

Yeah that book did not end well. But neither did Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid or (I think) Snow White. I guess that’s where the term “Disneyfied” originates from, meaning to make a child friendly version out of something that’s actually pretty grim.

In all seriousness, The Little Mermaid true ending hit me hardest when I found out (and I was still a kid). So sad.

cassandrakitty

Some post on Tumblr the other day reminded me of the most depressing children’s story of all time – The Little Matchstick Girl. WTF, parents? Was having your kids bawl their eyes out at bedtime the goal?

OTOH, great way to start instilling a political consciousness in kids when they’re still young.

sunnysombrera

That is a good question, cassandra. I have a feeling that parents framed it as “well Frollo loves her so so much that he’s doing anything he can to marry her!”

Blech. If they were my kids I’d just be honest. “He doesn’t think that Esmerelda is a person like you or me, he thinks she’s a thing, and he really wants her like you’d really want a toy. But if he can’t have her he’d rather she died, because he can’t stand not getting what he wants.”

weirwoodtreehugger

All fairy tales are messed up. They weren’t even originally meant for kids. The Grimm brothers sanitized them and then Disney sanitized them further.

alaisvex
alaisvex

Sunnysombrera, they were adapting The Hunchback of Notre Dame for kids. It was bound to be dark. At least in their version, though, Frollo was always evil. In the book, he’s driven to evil by lust for Esmeralda, which he doesn’t know how to handle because his holy vows require him to be celibate.

Also, I don’t think that Disney framed it as Frollo being so in love with her that he’d do anything that he could to marry her. He was the villain from the beginning and clearly didn’t view minorities (whether it’s the Romani people or the physical disabled people) as people. It’s pretty clear that we’re not supposed to pity him and are supposed to think that he sees Esmeralda as a thing and that’s he’s determined to either have her or kill her so that no one else can.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Oh man, I love hunchback if just for the music. Frollo is an amazingly dark Disney villain too, I was shocked he was even written. There’s this great shit-eating grin he gets at the end of the movie when he makes what he thinks is a great deal; “be mine or be burned.” His smile… you can tell he’s expecting Esmerelda to fold, and when he doesn’t he looks genuinely shocked he didn’t get what he wanted.

The french version is great! I’m gonna have to go on a Disney marathon some day where I watch them in the language of the land they’re supposed to take place in when possible…

pallygirl
pallygirl

@cassandra: the one that made me cry most as a child was The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde.

dvarghundspossen

The little mermaid, at least, was originally a fairytale with a tragic ending. Hunchback was originally a dark and violent book for adults where everyone dies at the end. When I first heard that Disney was making it into a family friendly animated story I honestly thought it was a joke. Husband believes that someday they’re gonna turn Macbeth into a cute musical, with the dagger that he sees before him in the famous scene as an anthropomorphized singing sidekick. Remember where you heard it first!

weirwoodtreehugger

I could totally see a Disney Macbeth happening. After all, there’s witches!

dvarghundspossen

Regarding Belle… Liked that story as a child. As an adult, it’s HELL of problematic that she falls in love with the man who holds her PRISONER. Like, first he scares her with his violent temper, but then her sweet nature makes him soften up (look, girls, you can totes change violent men by love!), and then she falls in live with him (hey, Stockholm syndrome!).

cassandrakitty

I would totally watch Macbeth the comedy musical, though I probably wouldn’t take a small child with me.

cassandrakitty

Beauty and the Beast really is is Stockholm Syndrome, The Musical. Teaching little girls that an abusive man will eventually come to love you if you’re just pretty and nice enough seems like something that we’d recognize as grooming behavior if that particular kind of misogyny wasn’t already deeply embedded in most societies.

contrapangloss

Hunchback of Notre Dame and Lionking were my two favorite Disney movies. Beauty and the Beast always skeeved me out, because it was like:

“You meanie! No, pretty dinners and singing plates don’t make up for locking someone up and scaring their dad, and being a roar-y meanie!”

Yes, I was that kid, holding a grudge the entire movie.

I liked Belle, but did not like beast. It didn’t help that he was actually prettier as the beast than as the prince. Seriously. Little kid me would have been perfectly content if he never changed back.

I thought Belle was silly for thinking otherwise… Also, for not holding a grudge. Little kid me was peeved that my Disney nerd-soulmate couldn’t hold a decent grudge.

Little kid me totes did not get stockholme syndrome, at all.

Now I watch it and the classic stockholme is disturbing. Also, the implication of him and belle being roughly the same age meaning the sorceress lady must have cursed him at, like, eight. What kind of person curses an eight year old to be transmuted into a monster and essentially abandoned just for being a jerk?

Eight year olds screw up!

I mean, good parents try to teach them not to, but little kids screw up. It ‘s what they do! I mean, I wouldn’t have gotten away with chronic misbehavior but even I was a right little selfish brat on occasion! Oh, yeah, and where were his parents, anyway? Here, eight-year-old! Run this country. Oh, yeah, and talk to strangers! It’s fun! Especially if you’re rude to them! Go for it!

So, yeah. I’ve forgiven Belle for not holding a grudge now that I understand the dynamics of that sort of relationship, so at least age has given me back a bookworm, brunette bestie.

contrapangloss

And, yes, I may be hiding on this thread. I need a little simplicity, and don’t want to deal with the other shenanigans now. Not without a long day, excess caffeine, and a word processor.

cassandrakitty

Come join us in the MGTOW thread, where we are discussing Sea Monkeys and popular snack foods. Hopefully that one won’t end in people shouting at each other.

contrapangloss

Sea monkeys? I’m in!

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Gaston was a scary dude when you think about it, but he’s not the scariest Disney villain for me personally when it comes to rejection or male entitlement.

Judge Frollo is. He’s the epitome of “Love me or Else”.

I recently saw a new anime film by Isao Takahata, the “Tale of Princess Kaguya”, and it really mocks the courtship entitlement of medieval noblemen. It’s based on a Japanese fairytale, basically child-appropriate but with one subtle, realistic sexual assault that probably needs a trigger warning.

An old classic of Takahata, “Grave of the Fireflies”, dwells on realistic wartime horror and tragedy. It was apparently made for all audiences, but I wouldn’t recommend it for children, very sensitive people or war survivors. For others, yes.

Beauty and the Beast – French?

Little Mermaid – Danish?

Aladdin – Arabic or Persian?

Lion King – Growling

Pocahontas – East Algonquin

Hunchback of Notre Dame – French

Hercules – Greek

Mulan – Mandarin?

cassandrakitty

There is actually a live action Chinese movie about Mulan (in Mandarin, obviously). Worth seeing not only because the cutesy Disney spin and weird “how white American people see China” stuff is absent, but also because it stars Zhao Wei, who’s consistently awesome.

(Not even close to her best movie, though, so don’t judge her acting ability by this one.)

sunnysombrera

…okay? I knew it was a dark book and a dark ish film and I don’t think I said anything to indicate otherwise. Maybe this is meant to be aimed at someone else?

Yeah, Disney does make that pretty clear. I’m not sure if small kids would necessarily comprehend it, which is why I said parents might tell them the “he’s in love” crap up above. I dunno.

cassandrakitty

Turns out the movie itself is on YouTube too. Convenient!

contrapangloss

My parents didn’t try to spin it as a “He’s in love”.

Mostly because I didn’t really ask questions the first few times I watched it. Frollo was just legit scary.

When I finally did start questioning, they went with the angle of:

“He’s a bad man, but it’s sometimes really easy for people to convince themselves they aren’t being bad, by blaming someone or something else instead of asking for help dealing with their bad thoughts or actions.”

They had to go through a bunch of examples before I actually got it, though.

I don’t remember what all of them were, but one of them was definitely a cookie. Because I remember thinking that blaming cookies for making you want cookies almost made sense, but didn’t make any sense at all… Partially because a cookie really can’t make you do anything, but mostly because Esmerelda wasn’t a cookie. She was a person. People are not cookies. I’d thought that was pretty obvious.

I then spent a great deal of time thinking Frollo was doubly stupid: blaming other people for his own problems and because he thought people were cookies.

Is it bad that the more I tell you about my kid-let thought processes, the more I think little kid me must have been a pain? I think I get why my dad was grey before I turned ten…

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

I dunno, the ending of Hunchback kinda bugged me. A movie with the basic moral of “Appearances are less important than what’s on the inside,” and that‘s when they chose to finally dodge the usually-annoying hero-gets-the-girl trope and have her fall for a boring conventionally-attractive guy instead?

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

I mean, I sure as hell don’t mean that in a “FRIENDZONED OWED BLARGH” kind of way or anything, it just didn’t really mesh with the rest of the movie and glossed over its own message, you know?

contrapangloss

M… You have a point.

Although, towards the end, the thing that kind of stuck out to me was that Frollo just had lust, Quasimodo was stuck thinking of her as an angel for being the first to see his character instead of his face, but Phoebus actually got to the point of seeing her as her.

Still, Clopin would have been an interesting direction. Maybe? Or they could have just mad Phoebus less of a standard pretty boy.

kittehserf - MOD

Does Esmerelda die in any of the films? Because in the book she’s hanged, thanks to Quasimodo’s mistaken intervention on behalf of the troops who were out to arrest her, not save her, and Quasimodo starves himself to death by her corpse (after pushing Frollo to his death from the tower of Notre Dame). Dark doesn’t begin to describe it.

sunnysombrera

Contrapangloss: Fair enough. When I first watched it I didn’t ask any questions, but later on when I was a young teen and was with my older and wiser friend, I asked her what Hellfire was about and she said “he’s wanking over her and feels guilty about it.”

grumpyoldnurse

@ contrapangloss – I think little kid you sounds adorable, actually! What you’ve related here sounds like some of the conversations at my house. And, from a parent’s perspective, there’s lots of worse things to deal with than an intelligent, inquisitive child!

My favourite Disney princess is Merida. She just seems like a believable person, and watching her grow from a wilful teenager into a strong woman is awesome! Brave’s actually a movie about the mother/daughter relationship, and I love to watch it with Little Miss Grump. I didn’t (still don’t) have the greatest relationship with my mom, and I’ve often worried about how that will affect my parenting, especially with regards to my daughter. I also love, love, love the scene where Elinor sees the bad bear about to eat Meida and bursts out of the bonds that she was unable to break before to go all mama bear smash! And, I’m tearing up just talking about it.

alaisvex
alaisvex

Kittehs, all I know is that the Disney version ends with everyone alive except Frollo. Quasimodo rescues Esmeralda, who then marries Phoebus. I think that there are live-action versions where Esmeralda died though.

Catalpa
Catalpa

I missed the troll, but I’m gonna take a potshot at him anyway. I’m fond of shooting fish in a barrel sometimes.

Now you claim there must be 3 men for every women in MC for what I say to be true, but your premise needs that these 3 men are assigned to each women.

The same 3 men that are courting a woman will be courting another.

So… what you’re saying is that every woman in Mexico City has approximately 3 suitors, and each of those suitors are presumably pursuing ~3 different women. Possibly more, due to the apparently overwhelming number of men who are tragically bowing out of the dating pool.

To sum up, you describe a scenario where women have a shot at 3 men, and men have a shot at 3 women, yet this is a system that is unfairly stacked against men. And it is the fault of the women, who have absolutely no say in what dickwads decide to come after them, and not that of the men, who are the ones ACTUALLY TAKING ACTIONS.

Unless the unfairness you’re implying is that the women might actually turn down their suitors, while the men would jump at the chance at any of their targets. I can see how this might be confusing for you, poor dear. You see, the false dichotomy you’re seeing here is because the men look at ALL the women and pick out a handful that they think they’d like. The women also get to pick the people they might like, and these prefered folks don’t necessarily have to be the same ones as the dudes that come after them. I know, it’s a difficult concept.

Alex

Well, all this Hunchback of Notre Dame talk means I have to watch that movie again. I was obsessed with it when it first came out.

Falconer

Whole lotta Disney content just dropped on Netflix.

We streamed parts of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 for our kiddos. F2K has a Rhapsody in Blue sequence that just absolutely makes me grin, although it’s got problematic elements (a Walter Mitty character, complete with humorless spendthrift wife and pampered poodle, for one).

Oh, and the Dance of the Hours in the original strikes a blow against the patriarchy! All the dancing ostriches are male, and they’re wearing bows and ribbons and pink ballet slippers. And then, when the rest of the troupe is full of African animals, the elephants are Asian.

The kiddos could take or leave the Fantasias, but when I showed them the original Disney Winnie-the-Pooh they just sat on my lap and watched it reverently. Oh dear.

maistrechat

As to watching movies in the language where the movie is supposed to take place…

The original Aladdin story is set in China.

It’s pretty clear that the author had never been to China and had probably never met a Chinese person.

Magpie
Magpie

Back in the old newspapers. From 1920, on the opposite of pussy inflation (dick inflation?)

DO YOU WISH TO MARRY?

The girl of to-day is in a very different position to her pre-war predecessor as re gards matrimony. To begin with she lives, luckily for her, in a franker age, and, therefore, there is no necessity for her to start her grown-up career by loudly announcing that she never means to marry. To-day, if she wishes to marry she says so, and no one is shocked. In the old days people would have wondered if she was ‘quite nice’ had she done that and then decided that she wasn’t. To-day, as I have said, things are different; for one thing there are, as we all know, many fewer men. Then, for another, men and women meet on far more intimate terms than they have ever done before, and a great deal of the illusion both sexes cherished as regards the other has been destroyed, and a good thing, too! But there is another change which it is even more important that the girl of to-day should realise if she wishes to get married, and that is this: In the old days, when a man and a woman married, I think the first conscious step towards that end was generally taken on the part of the man — now I think the position is reversed and it usually occurs on the part of the woman. For example, before the war, man went perhaps to a dance and met a girl he took a fancy to— he cultivated the friendship and ultimately proposed. In that case the initiative was certainly on his part, the girl simply acquiesced. Even in little things the procedure was the same. The man asked the girl to go to a dance or to the theatre — now invitations are issued to the girl ‘and partner,’ and she asks the man. Nowadays, in everything but the actual proposing of marriage, it is the custom for the girl to do the inviting, and as far as the one exception goes I shouldn’t like to say that to all intents and purposes it isn’t by now a pretty empty form. She marries him to-day I fancy far more often than he marries her, and it is only natural, for the sex which is greatly in the minority is bound to be the one pursued. So the girl to-day who takes a fancy to a man had better remember that she won’t go far wrong by letting him see it if she wishes him to propose. I don’t suggest that she should fling herself at head, or write him by every post or in any way make a fool of herself, but it’s no use her doing what girls did in her grandmother’s day and sitting at home waiting for him to ‘come and call’ — be- cause it’s more than likely he won’t come! Men expect encouragement these days. One man I know is very much in love with a pretty girl, but he never goes near her. ‘Why, she’s never taken the slightest notice of me — never even asked me to come and see her!’ he said when I wanted to know why he was so retiring. And that pretty well expresses the matter. He expected Her to take notice of Him — and, no doubt, if she had liked him much she would have. So the girl of to day who wishes to marry had better take that fact to heart. Things have changed, you know, and she must change with them! — ”Woman’s Life.”

nellodee1010
nellodee1010

Sorry for the necro, but earlier someone (Cassandra I think?) Mentioned the little matchstick girl. I never actually heard that story, but I have heard this sci-fi version that I enjoyed. I don’t know if there’s a text version online but here’s the podcast link

1 14 15 16