dawgies kitties off topic open thread

I'm still here! New posts later today. In the meantime, here are some cats

This cat is up to something; I can just tell.
This cat is up to something; I can just tell.

Sorry no posts the last couple of days; offline stuff came up that I had to deal with. I should be able to resume my normal posting schedule today with a couple of new posts. In the meantime, here are some cats. (See more after the jump.)

ab900747b3bfbec7101c94dc80da3f5c

007caa3e063f4668f380d3666187ebda

0ff0d3789782a51cd8b0a14b25e1f195

be7163d08da68bfd07e90a27413e0410

498397f16ca29d76d8ca3d0f415ed2bb

This last one worries me a bit. They seem to be working together, to what diabolical end I cannot even imagine.

me and not you
me and not you

o good, I was starting to get worried!

Pocket Nerd

Hope all is well.

davidknewton
davidknewton

I’m always a bit disappointed when I come here and see no new post in the morning… but at the same time a little relieved because it means that nothing truly godawful has happened overnight. I hope you’re doing okay, and I love the cat high-rise flat 🙂

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

Yay!!!! The Dark Lord returneth! With cute animal gifs!

Also hope you resolved your “online stuff” to your satisfaction.

contrapangloss

David, hope you’re doing at least kind of all right! It’ll be good to have you back, but we can endure.

Good luck with corporeal matters! May it resolve to something decent. Pet the kitties, too!

scalyllama

The kittehs have appeased me.

kittehserf - MOD

So the Furrinati and Featherinati have joined forces.

We are doomed, doomed I say.

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m not sure the cats will be able to ally with the scalenatti though. Tuna and salmon are just too tasty.

Mercy
Mercy

Hey, it’s the Bremen town musicians! The donkey seems to have been turned into a hen, though

freemage

I’m gonna leave this here–the Gators have managed to achieve a massive own goal: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2015/01/07/victory-for-gamergate-all-hail-gamergate/

When your biggest ‘victory’ becomes a $300 million campaign against everything you stand for, it’s time to go home, chumps.

Miss Diketon
Miss Diketon

The cat in that last picture is cute but definitely up to no good.

kittehserf - MOD

Mercy, I love that story!

But it’s evident there’s MISANDRY happening here. Not only has the donkey gone, so has the rooster – to be replaced by hens!

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

Meanwhile, I love ExcitedLady holding ExcitedCat.

gillyrosebee
gillyrosebee

I hope it wasn’t the flu, because the flu that is going around completely sucks. Welcome back, David!

saphy
saphy

Filing Cat is so helpful, I need a Filing Cat to organise my life.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I suspect that Filing Cat would not organize your life.

saphy
saphy

Would Filing Cat just shed all over my life instead? Filing Cat might be a shedder.

blanktie
blanktie

Hey, I’m pretty bad at this kind of thing so forgive me if it comes across a little awkwardly, but i just wanted to say don’t sweat it. Take care of yourself first and when a new post shows up it’ll be that much more awesome.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I think Filing Cat would go into your files, and you’d look at them later and discover that they’d been all moved to the bottom of the cabinet and crunched into a furry nest.

brooked
brooked

You haven’t a new post in ages and then insultingly try to distract us with cutesie anima… Chickens with a kitty and a pooch!

saphy
saphy

Filing Cat probably thinks that is helpful for everyone. Filing Cat cares, but just doesn’t understand.
Or else understands, but just doesn’t care.

You are an enigma, Filing Cat.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

This seems appropriate at this juncture.

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

Henri just needs professional help:

Rachel
Rachel

I can’t speak for the animals in the picture but when my chickens and dog team-up it is usually to steal my oatmeal.

skiriki

I need that cat to my lap, and I need that sammich.

Robert
Robert

Miss Andry – great gif! But shouldn’t it have a pancake on its head?

kittehserf - MOD

Eeee! Sammich Cat!

While we’re looking at filing kitties, behold The Great Librarian:

Bina
Bina

Sandwich Kitty is the purrfect way to neutralize all those chucklefucks who keep telling us to make them a sammitch.

The other way is, of course, this:

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

I think I recognize most of the books that Librarian Cat is sitting with, actually.

/missing the point completely

kittehserf - MOD

Or if one’s magic powers didn’t run to making said chucklefuck into a sandwich, one could make a sandwich full of cat hair and give it to him …

Bill
Bill

I’ve been working on a GamerGate dictionary to help other people better understand various words and phrases as they are used in pro-GamerGate rants, YouTube videos, memes, ect. Please tell me what you think.

GamerGate Dictionary:

Biased: Not being a GamerGate propaganda mill.

Censorship/Cultural Imperialism: People having and expressing opinions that differ from our own.

Criticism: Death threats

Defending freedom of speech: Using threats of violence to silence people we disagree with.

Diversity: Having a very small number of female and minority supporters, but giving them disproportionate coverage in GamerGate propaganda.

Ethics in Game Journalism: Absolutely nothing. (See also: Red Herring)

Professional victim: A person targeted by GamerGate that has gotten financial support and positive media attention because of the harassment. (See also: Streisand effect)

Social Justice Warrior: A fictitious entity, known for its nagging and misandry, created to mock people that dislike misogyny and the use of death threats. (See also: Straw Man Fallacy)

Successful: A movement that loses momentum over time rather than all at once.

kittehserf - MOD

Mouse Farts, cool! Librarian Cat is our Mr Hadji. Never did work out if he was looking for a particular book, trying to reorganise them, or looking for a secret panel. 😛

kittehserf - MOD

Bill, excellent work! ::applause::

Bina
Bina

Successful: A movement that loses momentum over time rather than all at once.

Snurk. That reminds me: Anybody hear another squeak out of Metalgate?

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

So I got a new puzzle feeder for my cats. Hopefully they will eat slower and maybe bug me for food less. They both seem to have figured out how it works, but apparently not every cat does. I haven’t laughed this hard at a serious product review ever:

Sarah
Sarah

Echoing the “Take care, David!” crowd.

We really like your posts but we can wait. Especially if the wait involves cats 😀

nightmarelyre

The cat party box tower is the best thing ever, I want that framed on my wall

A bit OT though, but anybody else here regularly follow Channel Awesome (previously That Guy With The Glasses)? It got a lot of good shows like Nostalgia Chick, Needs More Gay and others but lately there seems to be a influx of loads of pro-GG crap from the looks of it and I wondered if I am just being paranoid and looking too much into this or if anybody else also have noticed? Seems especially weird considering the guy owning the site claims to be a feminist (even if he fails at it regularly)

Sorry if this is a dumb question-thingy, just getting kinda worried about seeing those videos popping up more and more on there

Kestrel
Kestrel

I hope offline stuff gets better soon. Take care David.

thebewilderness

You are such a prolific poster we develop unrealistic expectations. I sincerely hope you have been good busy and not bad busy.

Miss Andry

@Bina

According to the Twitter Machine…not much is happening with that. Genuine #metalgate hashtags are dwarfed by sarcastic Tweets and ones about actual metal gates. Of the supporters I saw some GG regulars using it as an obligatory hashtag in order to get it trending but to no avail. And one person “polymer pulpit” is warning about the “PC Metal Inquisition” while linking to the Radix Journal — which is a white supremacist publication. #notyourshield?

@nightmarelyre

I mainly watch the Nostalgia Critic and Cinema Snob, but that’s about it. If there are GGers on there, it’s disappointing but I haven’t seen it yet. Probably people I don’t watch anyway.

brooked
brooked

I’ve saw a screenshot of 8Chan doxxing that have David’s picture and gator, erm, activists have been very active and particularly atrocious lately. Hopefully that’s not the cause of any of the busyness, though David should probably monitor his credit report because they have dug up people’s SS numbers.

Miss Andry

…though David should probably monitor his credit report because they have dug up people’s SS numbers.

Actually it’s about ethics in identity theft.

No but seriously, I hope that’s not what’s happening.

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

@Bina: Literally nothing has happened after that one weekend where gators tried to make it a thing. It failed to catch on super hard. The guy who originally used the term made another whiny blog post defending that it was definitely a thing, definitely new, and definitely something to be concerned about. Absolutely no one outside the gators were convinced. XD

Bina
Bina

Heheheheh. I looked for the scene from the Wizard of Oz where the Tin Man squeaks for his oil can, but alas, couldn’t find it. They need one, they’re sounding kinda rusty about now.

kittehserf - MOD

Snurk. That reminds me: Anybody hear another squeak out of Metalgate?

I think it’s rusted shut.

ParadoxicalIntention

Snurk. That reminds me: Anybody hear another squeak out of Metalgate?

Nope.

weirwoodtreehugger

I have a librarian kitty. If librarian means knocking books off the shelf while I’m trying to sleep and sometimes chewing on or shredding them.

kittehserf - MOD

Wordsp1nner, that has to be the best review of anything ever on Amazon! XD

WWTH – yup, that sounds like the definition of a librarian kitty. Or a senior librarian kitty, maybe!