antifeminism attention seeking bears dark enlightenment drama kings evil ugly women grandiosity hate men who should not ever be with imaginary women ever men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA post contains sarcasm reactionary bullshit transphobia vox day

Vox Day: "Feminism is a Satanic, anti-Christian, anti-reason, anti-science ideology that destroys literally everything it touches and everyone who embraces it."

Man protecting himself from the evils of feminism
Man protecting himself from the evils of feminism

Oh dear. Fantasy author and garbage person Vox Day is having one of those (vox) days, and has decided to take it out on, you guessed it, feminism, pounding out an overwrought little rant on his Alpha Game blog.

Never give feminists an inch. Don’t agree with them, don’t tolerate them, show them no mercy whatsoever. Feminism is a Satanic, anti-Christian, anti-reason, anti-science ideology that destroys literally everything it touches and everyone who embraces it.

Wow. He’s so mad he’s practically plagiarizing Pat Robertson’s famous quote about feminism being “a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.” I’m not sure how Vox managed to forget the lesbian witchcraft angle.

Reject it and its adherents the way you would reject someone offering you plutonium on their bare hands; to accept it is to begin to die a slow and painful death.

Might I offer you some notes, Vox? This bit seems a little understated. I mean, the plutonium thing is pretty good, but a person handing you plutonium isn’t anywhere near as scary as having, say, a bear do it. Or a shark. Or a bear-shark. Or a bear-sharknado.

The problem isn’t merely that feminists are ugly and hateful, or that their ideology is incoherent and deluded, but that by mere toleration of them, through mere intellectual contact with it, you are permitting your life to be infected and degraded.

Clearly Vox, a dude who clings to memories of his D-list celebrity as a former member of an angsty dance band two decades ago, and who devotes much of his life to pounding out hateful and unintentionally self-parodic rants on the internet, offers us the very model of a healthy and happy life well-lived.

Reject all of it. Reject their appeals to equality. Reject their pretense to intellectual standing. And most of all, personally reject all of those who subscribe to it in any way, shape, or form. Any man who calls himself a feminist is ideologically transgender and mentally unstable.

Ideologically transgender? Wow. He’s come up with an even more obnoxious way to call someone a “mangina.”

Vox, you’re so cute when you’re angry!

And by cute I mean a you’re a pathetic, hateful, disgusting excuse for a human being.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

His argument seems pretty sound: he wants people to just reject feminism out-of-hand, without bothering to listen to it or consider what it has to say, because otherwise, if people do pay attention to what feminism actually is, they might *gasp* become feminists themselves. The only way to absolutely ensure that people don’t use their minds is to inure them to all attempts at reason, and that’s what would make Vox happiest.

isidore13

Okay, okay, he got me: as a feminist, it is in fact totally my goal to infect everyone with feminism. Damn him and his tricksy trickses for revealing my true intentions! *shakes fist*

Miss Andry

[blockquote]Any man who calls himself a feminist is ideologically transgender…[/blockquote]

Bina
Bina

Meh. Patwa said it better:

Of course, he’s also anti-science and anti-reason.

Miss Andry

Well I messed up the brackets but my reaction face still stands.

andiexist
andiexist

Whee, Voxie said something stupid again. Can we even what he is saying? No, no we cannot.

Robert
Robert

I believe that if you showed this to Pat Robertson, he would vigorously disavow any affiliation with Mr. Beale. Not that Robertson isn’t vile himself, of course.

One of the sites I frequent has occasional updates on Robertson – he hasn’t gotten any closer to consensus reality since that statement. He does seem to have gotten farther from relevance, though. Thank the FSM for that.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

He does seem to have gotten farther from relevance, though.

He’s so irrelevant that I honestly thought he’d died a couple of years back. Whoops. =P

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

What in the hell kind of filter was that pic of Pat Robertson put through? It’s deep in the uncanny valley.

Robert
Robert

PoM – no, that’s what he looks like WITHOUT a filter. Not one of Herbert West’s successes.

chaltab
chaltab

Vox sounds pretty desperate there, like he’s terrified that feminism might sound reasonable to people who aren’t total assholes and needs to nip that in the bud.

Vanir (@Vanir85)

So, basically; “Don’t talk to them, they have COOTIES!!!”

I don’t think Vox would recognize reason and science if it clubbed him over the noggin’!

Bina
Bina

Yup, that’s unfiltered Patwa…he comes across all grainy in real life, too. On him, an inch-thick layer of pancake is needed to make him look halfway natural.

lkeke35

Isidore13: Well, to be absolutely fair ,we weren’t doing very good at keeping that whole thing a secret, so people like that were bound to catch on to us at some point. However, I vow to be much better at not caring if they know about that whole “feminine agenda” thing in the future.

Antiexist: Your message really could’ve been a lot more effective, if you had followed that up with a “nope-topus” gif. C’mon now! Style is everything.????

Shaun Day
Shaun Day

“Reject their appeals to equality.”

Kinda says it all.

Gregory Lynn

He’s a comic book villain without the cool toys and the gumption to try to take over the universe.

andrea harris

I was curious about his band, so I looked it up. I’d never heard of this Psychotronik, apparently an early 90s techno band. Hmm, I like techno. There are some videos on Youtube. I listened to part of two… and it’s the sort of stuff I’d use at the club as an opportunity to refresh my drink or go to the bathroom. Not memorable.

And then there is his writing which is… competent, in that sentences are more or less grammatically correct, but his plots and characters and settings are all both derivative and again, unmemorable.

So basically what we have in Mr. Beale is an also-ran, someone who has always gotten no further than honorable mention, who probably made average grades, and had an average upbringing, and is destined to never rise above an average capability. But somehow he has the idea that he deserves more, and is entitled to more, and this enrages him. In an earlier age he’d have joined the military and brown-nosed his way to sergeant, and made recruits miserable in boot camp, and ended by somehow getting “accidentally” shot while on maneuvers, or if he made it out of the military alive, be the sort of unmarried “that neighbor” who freaks out if the neighborhood kids walk too close to his hedge, and who died alone in front of his television, his half-eaten (by his dog) corpse being found when the smell finally got too strong.

bodycrimes

The tagline on his blog is:

“I don’t expect you to agree. I don’t even expect you to understand.”

So he got one thing right, anyway.

RAL
RAL

vox, along with that ‘colon nolan’ creature, should be on an otherwise uninhabited island.

RAL
RAL

“should be put on”
(left out the “put”)

blanktie
blanktie

I find it it interesting that he claims feminists are anti-reason but in the same breath encourages everyone to not even intellectually engage with them and reject them just because they’re feminists. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Wait… but… someone offering you plutonium with their bare hands is no more dangerous, for you, than offering it to you in any other way. You don’t have to pick it up in your bare hands just because that’s how they’re proferring it.

volt
volt

isidore13

Volt, I would worship that as my god.

NonServiam

Someone want to change that crybaby’s nappy or…?

I may be Satanic at times, but I have NEVER been anti-science. The dark lord loves some science.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

@volt

Somebody get Hollywood on the horn, because that’s a movie I’d actually watch.

Catalpa
Catalpa

Honestly one of the things that stood out to me the most about that rant is that you could replace ‘feminism’ with basically any other noun and it would make the same amount of sense. He didn’t address any so-called issues in feminism, the rant entirely consists of “X is bad and anyone who likes X is a bad person!”

weirwoodtreehugger

Nothing says reason and science like accusing people you dislike of being satanic. We all the greatest all time purveyors of science and reason were 16th century witch judges.

Bonelady
Bonelady

Which is typical of his debating skills. Vox knows best, and no one needs logical arguments when they have Vox’s word for anything. I have to say, yesterday’s VP, where he “proves” that John Scalzi is a dangerous narcissist was the funniest thing he’s written in a while. I was giggling while reading because every point he made was true of Day himself, NOT Scalzi. Just hilarious due to Day’s lack of self-awareness.

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

“I know the whole thing makes a lot of sense, okay, I know! I know if you listen to them you will probably want to join them or at least think they seem like decent people, and I know that talking to them will probably convince you that they have some good points!

THAT’S WHY YOU CAN’T LISTEN TO THEM! It’s WITCHCRAFT!”

I also had no idea I wanted to kill children. I mean, I knew I was a Satanist (my mom gave me a very helpful pamphlet when I was eight, which explained that manipulation is a form of witchcraft and witchcraft is Satanism, and since I had on more than one occasion waited until she was half asleep to ask for candy, when she was more likely to say yes, I was obviously manipulative and going to hell. I have made my peace with this.) but I also didn’t realize I was a lesbian. Mr. Farts will be so sad.

Everything else is spot on, though. I am super ugly and hateful. *nods vigorously*

isidore13

Mouse Farts, all feminists are lesbians because any man we consume becomes a mangina. Obviously…

mythago

I’m guessing this is related to John Scalzi putting a long ‘yes, I am a feminist’ post on his blog while trying to be coy that he was, like, just so happening to post on this topic. VD really has a *thing* about Scalzi, for tedious yet obvious reasons.

Mezza
Mezza

You know, I’d like to see Vox annotate his description of feminism with a few sources. No, seriously. I’d love to see where he got that definition from. After all, he must have a wide knowledge of feminism to write a statement so specific, so annotating it would be easy!

Joking, I’m aware the only source for that description is his ass.

Yeah, I’m just going to agree with Miss Andry’s reaction to the ‘ideologically transgender’ comment. I just… What? I’m not even going to touch that phrase.

ghilie

“The problem isn’t merely that MRA’s and Gamergators are ugly and hateful, or that their ideology is incoherent and deluded, but that by mere toleration of them, through mere intellectual contact with it, you are permitting your life to be infected and degraded.”

There ya go, Vox; fixed it for ya.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

@ WWTH – Satanists themselves are apparently pretty OK with the science and reason stuff – they describe themselves as atheists who believe more in self-fulfillment than any kind of supernatural entity or external morality.

My favourite bit about VD’s little rant, aside from urging his followers not to think for themselves, is when he says all Feminists are ugly.
A.) because It’s just so puerile. B.) because upon reading that section, I glanced up and shared a knowing look with myself in the mirror.

Sorta like this:

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Ugh, I clearly have no idea how Tumblr works. ^ Y’all know the one, though.

grumpyoldnurse

Hey, Mouse Farts! ::waves:: My mother has also frequently assured me that I, too, am going to Hell!!

Naughty girl high-five! 😀

I’m also a bit surprised to learn that I am a lesbian, TBH. Wonder how Mr.Grump impregnated me twice? Oh, well, guess I have to eat the little grumps or something. They’re a bit skinny, though, so maybe I should fatten them up first? That’s it, double servings of meat loaf and mashed potatoes tonight. Let the misandry begin at the supper table!

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

But I thought a mangina was different from a vagina and that you were only a lesbian if there were two vaginas and – damn, I am failing Feminazism 101. I – I’m so sorry! I will remit myself to the local Furrinati immediately for appropriate chastisement.

weirwoodtreehugger

AltoFronto,
I do know that. I just don’t think that is what Vox meant when he said feminism is satanic. I’m pretty sure that he meant the wit h judge definition.

Shiia (@cerebral_artery)

Volt:

“Treat feminism the same way you would treat a gigantic, eight-legged kaiju robobear that hands out plutonium ink-spitting eldritch sharknadoes, each of which spawns fire-breathing undead gorgon frankenwasps that can summon three-headed venomous satanic weredinosaurs that campaign for womens’ rights.”

I want this is comic, game, movie, and novel form immediately. I especially love how the scariest part is the last few words.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

@ WWTH – I didn’t mean to assume that you didn’t know, I just hopped on to what you said because it seemed like a natural point in the conversation to mention the Satanism thing. It was more aimed at mocking VD’s use of the phrase.

And yeah, it’s abundantly clear that Vox doesn’t know much about anything beyond the most superficial definition. 😛

sparky
sparky

Well, that’s quite the tantrum there. So, basically, he’s telling people to put their fingers in their ears and run away screaming,”La la la, I can’t hear you!” any time they encounter anyone with even the slightest feminist leaning? That’s nice. It’ll make the stupid misogynists a little bit easier to identify before wasting too much of your time interacting with one.

Bina
Bina

This sounds like a novel I would actually read.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Absolutely full of truthiness! Be warned! That which is seen cannot be unseen!

Miss Diketon
Miss Diketon

Hmm, he says “Satanic” like its a bad thing. The Satanic Temple people seem pretty okay to me (they seem to be a lot nicer than VD.)

RAL
RAL

“they seem to be a lot nicer than VD”
That should not be too difficult, Miss Diketon.

kittehserf - MOD

Ahahahahaha!

Oh, poor Pox, he’s all upset. Poor widdle fellow has the sads, or ragesads, whichever.

So, let’s see, if a dude has a boss who’s a feminist, he has to reject anything that person says.

Boss: I’m giving everyone a pay rise.

Dude: No! I refuse! You can’t make me take your filthy feminist anticapitalist money!

Boss: Um, okay. How about more time in lieu, then?

Dude: No! You’re just trying to destroy my family life and make me a Satanist!

proxieme
proxieme

Absolutely full of truthiness! Be warned! That which is seen cannot be unseen!

*dramatic sigh*

I already miss The Colbert Report.

lkeke35

Yep, you pretty much had me at eight-legged, Kaiju, Robobear! I would watch the Hell out out of that movie!

1 2 3 14