advocacy of violence all about the menz antifeminism antifeminist women crackpottery creepy empathy deficit entitled babies grandiosity gross incompetence manginas men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA no girls allowed not-quite-explicit threats Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) post contains sarcasm

Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) warns women who comment on his Facebook ripoff site that he just might kill them for it

ManBook founder: No girls allowed!
ManBook founder: No girls allowed!

The last we heard from Men’s-Rights-adjacent eccentric Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c), he was falsely accusing an Ohio University student of being a false rape accuser and posting her personal information on the internet.

Now he’s back in the news again with an exciting new social media venture. While Paul Elam takes on the world of publishing with his Possibly Still Unnamed Publishing House for Men Who Don’t Write Good (not its real name), Nolan(c) is taking on an even bigger target: Facebook.

Nolan(c), who for complicated crackpot reasons now goes by the name Joschua-Brandon: Boehm(c), has just launched ManBook, his version of Facebook, but for men only. While ManBook might look to the world like a glorified blog, Nolan(c) Boehm sees it as a viable alternative to the alleged misandrist tyranny and “censorship” of “fascist book.”

Well, unless you’re a woman. If you’re a woman and try to post on ManBook, Nolan(c) Boehm(c) explains, he has the right to kill you.

Nolan(c) Boehm(c) explains this rather strict comment policy as follows:

We have asked politely for women to not register but you are registering anyway. This shows total lack of respect for our right to freedom of association. We do not wish to associate with women in this place. Period. …

We would ask you women to respect our rights as you wish your rights to be respected. If you are unwilling to respect our right to freedom of association do not expect men to respect your right to life. Ok?

So far ManBook is little more than a collection of blog posts by Nolan(c) Boehm(c) with a smattering of comments, but the site has gotten a bit of media attention, inspiring posts on Raw Story and Jezebel, mostly because of that whole “killing women” thing.

While Nolan(c) Boehm(c) is clearly delighted with all the traffic that his new notoriety has brought him, he doesn’t feel he’s getting a fair shake on the whole “right to kill women who post comments” deal. In a post today, he responded to one critic with this, er, clarification of his philosophy:

[Y]ou have to love the fact that he actually encourages women to go and join the site thereby encouraging women to violate the right of freedom of association. This is why men are now starting to kill women more often in divorce. Because men openly encourage women to violate the rights of other men and then pretend to be “horrified” when the men defend their rights with force, up to and including deadly force.

But, you know, if you’re a dude, Nolan(c) Boehm(c) would love you to sign up for his wannabe Facebook-killer site. You can even log into his site … using Facebook.

ManBook is not Nolan(c) Boehm(c)’s first attempt to take on an internet giant. He is also the man behind a little site called A-MAN-ZON. THE politically incorrect store for MEN.

… which also looks suspiciously like a blog. I’m not even sure that there’s a way to buy anything on the site. There are no links to actual products or categories of products on the site’s main page, and a search for books turns up one online “book” that you can “buy” for free.

In a welcome note on A-Man-Zon, Nolan(c) Boehm(c) can’t help but come back to the whole evil-women issue:

Stop spending your money with men who will sell products and services to men and then take that money and give it to women to spend on lawyers in  the divorce courts until the man is so harassed and so broke that he decides to kill himself like Robin Williams did this week.

And the FIRST such man-hating, mangina, white-knight, sexist, discriminatory, bigot that I recommend men stop spending money with is Jeff Bezos.

Jeff Bezos is one of the worlds biggest man-hating, mangina, white-knight, sexist, discriminatory, bigots.

Jeff Bezos openly employs tens of thousands of women who have committed crimes against fathers in divorce courts. He is completely un-apologetic about that.

Despite the name, Nolan(c) Boehm(c) makes it clear that women are allowed to buy from A-Man-Zon — at least if they are

“good women” who are “man enough” not to be “offended” by other peoples opinions … #WomenAgainstFeminism are welcome to be buyers of products and services here.

So he apparently has no problem accepting women’s money — just their opinions.

EDIT: Added links, fixed a few proofreading things.

daintydougal
daintydougal

I had never heard of this freeman of the land business and for the last day or so have been down the rabbit hole. The fact that the second googe hit leads to a mumsnet discussion makes me wonder how I have (luckily) avoided this phenomenon. My biggest take away is how all these ‘philosophies’ of being strong just massively prey on the weak. It’s fricking disgusting.

Lea
Lea

Hoist the Jolly Roger!

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

Yeah, ‘Freemen on the Land’ or ‘Sovereign Citizens’ are what you get when you start with a base of ‘Cargo Cult Law’ (as in, treating the surface appearance and actions as some sort of magical act with no understanding of the underlying principles, and believing that if you do things exactly right you will get whatever you want).

Then you add in a whole batch of conspiracy theories about things like the creation of the central bank being unconstitutional and thus the government being invalid, and the birth certificate being a contract in which people are sold off to finance the national debt (which is what leads to the weird punctuation names, as they refuse to identify with the name on the birth certificate).

Mix in with a large dose of religious fundamentalism from people who consider themselves citizens of Heaven just staying here on Earth for a while, and consider all Earthly powers to be at best unimportant and more likely the works of the devil.

Boil it along with the unfortunate human tendency to treat some beliefs as fundamental parts of their identity, with the result that any attempts to show that they are wrong become direct attacks on them, causing them to both entrench deeper into the beliefs and to lash out at anybody trying to correct them. And as the people trying to correct them are often employees of the state they already believe is illegitimate, such as police, judges, and court officers serving a summons…

On top of that, light the whole thing off with several people who actually can tell fantasy from reality and are just using this as a money-making opportunity to sell ‘how to beat the system’ schemes, who feed all the conspiracy theories even higher; though that group is becoming less important as the critical mass of conspiracy theory has become long since self-sustaining.

Season with the ability to compartmentalize: to these folks, the law is a set of magical phrases and an entity unto itself, dissociated from the evil government who merely uses the law to oppress people. The questions above on who they think enforces copyright law simply don’t actually register.

Let it all ferment in with militia groups and other distrustful souls who can live in remote areas where they don’t necessarily have to face the consequences of their actions until they’ve gone completely down the rabbit hole Clive Bundy-style.

Find a safe place before serving.

Amanda
Amanda

Err sorry, but what does ggg stand for? (Has tried google to no avail.) anyone have a link if for some reason it can’t be typed?)
Thanks

daintydougal
daintydougal

This whole thing makes my fondly reminisce about the catastrophe that was Galt’s Gulch. It’s almost as if empathy deficient selfish arses probably aren’t the most qualified people to set up a sanctuary for other humans. Even if those other humans are as morally corrupt as the first lot. Who knew!

weirwoodtreehugger

The first Game stands for government. The second G for gets. The third for girlfriends. He apparently Googles himself a lot so that’s why nobody wants to type the full name. Hopefully I put in enough other words to not attract his attention.

weirwoodtreehugger

Um. My phone auto corrected G to game for some reason.

daintydougal
daintydougal

Because you see it is illegal for women to work, this is why we have to date the government…no wait. Women hate working and love raising children alone! Because women are wholly responsible for sex and the consequences thereof! Now it makes sense….Wait?

Dedj
Dedj

It’s such a shame for his arguement that the expection of right to life is not in the hands of the women registering, but is a requirement of the f88king law.

Bina
Bina

Oh! Yes! Adam Ant!!!

Bina
Bina

“One member of the Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International argued that her car was not subject to motor-vehicle laws because it was “an ecclesiastical pursuit chariot”

That’s not an ecclesiastical pursuit chariot…THIS is:

The cats’ names were Bygul and Trjegul (“bee-gold” and “tree-gold”, respectively). In English, they’d be called Honey and Amber.

Ibis

Who is SSM? I mean what was her identity before this new blog?

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

Omg that is awesome. I like words and wordplay, and somehow Bee-Gold/Honey and Tree-Gold/Amber is making me so happy.

Bina
Bina

Isn’t it the best?

I actually had two cats by those (English) names, although I didn’t get the naming of either one. Honey was named by my sister, and Amber by my brother (whose cat she initially was). They were not a well-matched chariot-pulling team, unfortunately. They didn’t get along — Honey was antsy, and Amber a bit of a bully.

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

Next time I adopt cats, their names shall be Bygul and Trjegul, and I shall get a tiny chariot to place behind them while they sleep, so as to facilitate EPIC PHOTOS.

Robert
Robert

I saw a video taken by a Freeman on the Land/Sovereign Citizen type. He was in the anteroom of a courtroom, narrating himself preparing to go in and act a fool. When he attempted to enter the courtroom, still recording, he was warned by a bailiff (?) to turn the phone off. He refuses, attempts to push his way past, and is Tased. The phone keeps recording as he falls to the floor, crying out in dismay.

It is to ordinary Schadenfreude what brandy is to grape juice.

Wetherby

I have not seen the video in question but it upsets me greatly when people mock autistic children or make ignorant statements about people with autism. I have a 27 year old daughter with pervasive development disorder (autism). Do not diagnose people as having autism or not having autism based on what you think autism is.

Very much seconded. I know a lot of autistic children and teenagers, and one thing that you learn very quickly about the condition is that it’s impossible to generalise about it.

Just to give an example, I know a child who is undoubtedly autistic by any yardstick you care to name – so obviously so that he was diagnosed before his third birthday, which is unusually young. And yet he’s quite open to change, is relaxed about trying different foods, he’s never once lined things up in a particular order and thrown a tantrum if anyone disturbs it: you know, all the things that autistic people are “supposed” to have a problem with. In fact, hang out with him for a minute and you’d think he was neurotypical. But hang out with him for five, and you’ll quickly grasp that he’s anything but.

I do doubt that he has autism because he could control himself and stopped as soon as his father yelled at him from the other room.

I know plenty of autistic kids who would react identically – including the one I’ve just described.

Next time I have a pair of gray kittens, I am SO naming them Bygul and Trjegul.

I’ve also been waiting for a white kitten I can name Pangur Ban.

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

Who is SSM? I mean what was her identity before this new blog?

Sunshine Mary, I think. She had a blog which was all about being a traditionally feminine, submissive housewife. She’s MRA-adjacent, I guess?

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

Oh and the blog was also about being horrible to other women.

kittehserf - MOD

DO IT!

Robert – oh damn that would be worth seeing!

Karalora

I’ve also been waiting for a white kitten I can name Pangur Ban.

My BIL named his cat Pangur Ban and she’s not even white. He just couldn’t resist the name.

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

It is to ordinary Schadenfreude what brandy is to grape juice.

That actually sounds…pretty horrible. I only enjoy my schadenfreude without physical pain, thanks.

kittehserf - MOD

Norman Lindsay (Australian artist and writer – he wrote The Magic Pudding, among other things) had a cat called Pangur Ban, too. This is the portrait Lindsay did of him:

Bina
Bina

I am so looking forward to seeing this. And all the other little Beegolds and Treegolds, too!

It is to ordinary Schadenfreude what brandy is to grape juice.

Link please! I must see that, even if it makes me a Terrible Person.

I am starting to refer to these idjits as Slobberin’ Shittizens, myself. Because when you think about it, their name is an oxymoron. If you’re a citizen, you are in actual fact NOT “sovereign”; you are subject to the same noisome pesky laws of the land as everybody else, like it or not. And elaborate legalistic admiralty-flag mumbo-jumbo or not.

Zolnier

We’re almost certainly calling are next cat Abbadon, because of all the nicknames that it can generate, Abbey, Abba, Abe, Don….

ParadoxicalIntention

If I ever get another cat, I would be sorely tempted to call them Guppy. (‘Course, they’d have to be very visually similar to Guppy.) Because Guppy is the best character in the Binding of Isaac, and Guppy is the destroyer of worlds.

Or I’d call them Mjölnir because cats (and pets in general too) are a great indicator of who is a good person and who is not. If Mjölnir doesn’t like you, you are not worthy.

So is taking a person out to eat and seeing how they treat waitstaff. If you’re rude to waitstaff I don’t need you in my life.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Jenora Feuer, that was an awesome analysis!

While the sovereign citizen movement seems extremely alien to both my own society and mainstream American society, it also seems kind of a logical extension of regular American right-wing rhetoric I follow on various sites. Apparently it’s seeping into other English-speaking countries, but the movement seems distinctly USian in origin, I speculate that the movement originated in US because that country has large and unusually overlapping groups of:

1. Religious fundies who are well-trained in wishful thinking and seclusion from mainstrean society.

2. Rightwingers who obsessively hate taxes and have a kneejerk “freedom” reaction against regulations.

3. Patriots who think the Constitution is sacred and ultimate authority above humans, representing some ethereal “real” law which the contemporary imperfect government constantly violates.

Something like that. No offense to the majority of reality-based US citizens.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

But the word “citizen” is usually associated with rights rather than responsibilities, therefore something something people who obey the government are subjects not citizens!

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

… Except for the 14th and 16th Amendments, which to them don’t exist and people who bring them up might as well be speaking Martian.

dorabella
dorabella

Well, well, well, guess what? The flounce didn’t stick. This “gentleman” is still posting on manbook. Yesterday he posted a message commenting on a man killing 7 family members (I think) and then committing suicide, and how all this is the feeeeemales fault.
Luckily, the only comment (by a man) is not supporting any of this crap.

weirwoodtreehugger

Arctic Ape,
That’s right for the most part but I would add another factor. I think all the space we have is a factor. Because there are so many miles of sparsely populated country individual families and small communities can easily isolate themselves on huge tracts of land. That’s why these types are a lot more common in the western half of the country than the far more densely populated eastern half. This is why these people generally don’t live in metro areas. I think much of Europe and Asia is too densely populated for sovereign citizen movements to take off in they have here.

Lea
Lea

dorabella,

He sounds like he’s working himself up to murder and encouraging others to do the same. I hope the police are keeping an eye on him.

A man kills seven people and that proves that women are terrible. That’s…counterintuitive.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I’m still trying to figure out what the thing about Bezos was about. Why that company in particular? Did he just pick a company with a lot of female employees at random? I’m confused.

Bina
Bina

I don’t want to look, even on a donotlinky. Lemme guess…the Edmonton murders?

gillyrosebee

If I remember correctly, Colon there had his Totally Manly Book of Mens removed from sale on Amazon for violating their terms of service or something, which made him go ballistic about how Amazon was just another one of the many arms of the Feminist global conspiracy keeping men down and Bezos was some kind of gender traitor.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

And the bit about Amazon employees having blah blah divorce courts yadda yadda tens of thousands of them is just Panic being his unique self.

gillyrosebee

Well, you know, you’re either with him or with the terrorists, and ISIS has nothing against the family court system when it comes to crushing the bodies and spirits of righteous men.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Does Amazon even have tens of thousands of employees?

weirwoodtreehugger

They might if you include all their warehouses worldwide.

gillyrosebee

I don’t think so even then. Aren’t a lot of those folks independent contractors? They contract with the company that operates the warehouse, not for Amazon itself, I think.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

The internets tell me 110,000 in late 2013, having recently surpassed Microsoft.

Tracy

Wait, why did they dox SSM? When did this happen?

Seconding this question! Not a fan of hers at all, but yeesh – that’s horrible.

Trying very hard not to fall down the rabbit hole of Sovereign Freemen Strawmen whatsits. It is so hard to look away once you start reading, though. It’s not often that I can’t even, but I really can’t even with them.

gillyrosebee

Yeah, you have to be careful with that stuff. Sure, you start with reading about the Freemen on the Land folks, and it’s all fun and games, but then you move on to the Sovereign Citizens, and next thing you know you are parsing the shades of fractal wingnuttery between the American Homeland Movement, the Montana Freemen and the American Redoubt.

After that, it’s all chemtrails and long distance mind control programs and you in a basement office with a poster on the wall that says “I want to believe”

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Just watch Panic’s courtroom video, it kind of neatly sums up the whole movement.

gillyrosebee

I’d seen that one before, actually, along with a range of similar ones. These guys have an odd fixation on being able to record trial proceedings.

Sadly, though none of them go quite that far, a few of my friends are sovereign/freemen adjacent.

Tracy

@gillyrosebee well there goes my weekend. Also – I read that as ‘rectal wingnuttery’. Still works!

Off to find Panic’s courtroom video. Will show it to Busband, who has a hard time ever believing people like this exist, and even when presented with evidence falls into deep denial.

gillyrosebee

Enjoy, Tracy. I will admit to a kind of odd fascination with it myself!

kittehserf - MOD

“Rectal wingnuttery” needs to become a phrase. XD