antifeminism antifeminist women FemRAs harassment imaginary oppression judgybitch lying liars misogyny MRA rape rape culture schadenfreude statutory rape apologists straw feminists

Did devious feminists scare Janet "Judgy Bitch" Bloomfield's literary agent into dumping her? Or is she just terrible? [UPDATED]

Janet Bloomfield's agent exists, pursued by feminism. (Artist's conception.)
Janet Bloomfield’s agent exits, pursued by feminism. (Artist’s conception.)

UPDATE: Oh, the drama! Bloomfield now says her agent is back on board. Gosh, maybe she should have waited a few days before posting about how evil feminists scared him off? Nah. Much better to stir up a lot of shit about nothing, huh? Wow. Such public relations. So integrity.

Ah, sweet schadenfreude! Janet “Judgy Bitch” Bloomfield — A Voice for Men’s lying, harassing PR maven — has evidently been dumped by her literary agent.

According to Bloomfield, the agent she’d been working with for more than a year on a novel of some sort has decided to wash his hands of her. “Sadly,” she writes on her blog,

something has happened (I don’t know what) and my agent has decided to drop me as a client and forego any and all income the book might potentially generate. He does not wish to be named or acknowledged in any way.

Bloomfield, naturally, blames feminists. While admitting she actually has “no idea what spooked my agent,” the headline of her blog post declares that “a man decides feminists can ruin him and wisely opts to not engage.”

In her post, she expounds on this theory:

I do not question his decision at all. No one should have to sacrifice their career and livelihood.  I have always known resisting the tyranny of feminism would come with a price, but this is my battle and I do not require civilians to go down with me.

Huh. Bloomfield notes at the outset of her post that her agent was aware of her, er, “online activism” and had no issue with it. So what could have sent him scurrying off in another direction?

I mean, what on earth could it be?

Let’s look at some possibilities:

1. Her novel is fucking awful.
  2. She’s a pain in the ass to work with.
  3. Her agent has discovered that her “activism” consists of gleefully libeling and harassing her opponents and has decided that just maybe he doesn’t want his name associated with such a terrible person.
  4. Her agent has read some of her blog posts — possibly including her multiple posts attacking rape victims, including the underage victims of Jimmy Savile, as “whores” — and has decided he doesn’t want his name associated with such a terrible person.
  5. Evil feminists have ordered the agent to stop representing her, even though she is a wonderful human being and her novel is totally awesome and a friend of hers has already created some “beautiful cover art.”
  6. All of the above, except that last one, because seriously.

I leave you to decide which of these options makes the most sense.

Oh, and while we’re talking schadenfreude, did I mention that my little blog gets more traffic than A Voice for Men?

H/T — r/againstmensrights

Tracy
Tracy

Hmmm… Elam was recently upset that GooberGate got more attention than he’s ever gotten. Perhaps JB is feeling the same way about Anita et al? Why should they get all the death threats? Where are MY death threats? *stamps feet*

kittehserf
kittehserf

David my cat Nemmy is an RCMP Staff Seargeant (Royal Cat Misandrist Pawleece)

::gasp:: Is this a photo of Nemmy at work?
comment image

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

OK, y’all, I’m only down about half of the first page of comments and I cannot stop laughing. Your individual and collective takes on the JB’s predicament are pure hilarity, and spot on.

Thanks for the wholesome entertainment.

Bina
Bina

That Mountie kitty is magnificent. Looks like a Maine Coon, though.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

With the universal “fuck you for putting this hat on me” facial expression too.

Kittehserf: LMAO at that picture.

kittehserf
kittehserf

Mountie Kitty does look like a Maine Coon, yup. I loved that “you have to sleep sometime” expression too.

Be afraid of the RCMP. Be very afraid. The Misandries always get their man human.

Tracy
Tracy

@Kittehs yep! That’s Nemmy when he was working undercover NARC (Narcatics) very early in his career. He worked the streets busting organized catnip smuggling rings and grow ops. He’s back to being a tubby grey tabby now, and rarely speaks of those dark times.

weirwoodtreehugger

Oh and haters take note: My cat Pantz is a tenured professor of Fluffiness at the University of Chicago (for Cats). Sweetie Pie Jonus is an adjunct professor of standing on me while I try to sleep, but she can’t remember what school she works for, or much of anything..

Uh-oh. Have you had an MRA troll heavy day on Twitter or something? Because I see a two dot ellipses.

Just to make sure you don’t stray from the righteous and true path of the Feminist High Council and kitties, you need to look at this cat and get reeducated.comment image

Zolnier

So her novel can’t keep it’s tenses straight, constantly wanders between perspectives, and has an omniscient narrator despite being in the third person? This sounds like the sort of thing I sent to beta readers to help me fix years ago, not anything to be proud of.

At the moment all I can imagine is some bizarro version of Katz’ Night Witches book.

sunnysombrera

Did you know?

According to Heartiste, ugly women are driving men out of the workforce and ruining the economy.

Also the best way to avoid an accusation of rape is to stick around until the morning and then borrow $10 from her. Instead of, you know, making sure you have consent.

Zolnier

You know the big mistake of all new or truly terrible artists is assuming the rules don’t apply to them. They look at outrageous, experimental works that fly in the face of convention and conveniently forget that their authors first needed to learn the rules of their medium very well in order to break them so spectacularly. For example:

Various Comic Artists:

“So what if my anatomy classes tell me women can’t show off their breasts and butt at the same time outside a gruesome crime scene, swivel backs are hot!”

A Certain Author:

“Who says characters have to be likeable in order to be impressive, my ten year old protagonist will eat as many Mexicans enslave as many young girls and commit as many genocides as he pleases!”

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Do you suppose she had a falling out with Elam and the AVFM crew? They and the gamers are the only ones who are likely to threaten her for getting uppity. Has she drawn the attention of the gamers by posting about them? Does anyone know?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Nah, I think she just likes pretending that “feminists do it too!”.

kittehserf - MOD

NARC (Narcatics)

ROFL!

katz, that meme!

::dies::

Bina
Bina

I’m just waiting for her to post “proof” on her blog. And the hate-mail will, of course, have come from inside the house.

brooked
brooked

I refuse to believe anyone, even haters, who ever interacted with her on twitter would voluntarily call JudgyB. She could answer it.

brooked
brooked

Now she’s announced that in light of her agent returning

I guess her check finally cleared.

Bina
Bina
Karl
Karl

Hey all – for those who are curious, I’ve tracked down a dramatic reading of one of the chapters of her book!

It’s here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a17ul-afTCE

ParadoxicalIntention

WWTH

I love how she excludes “genre fiction.” With one fell swoop she manages to erase women who write male protagonists such as Agatha Christie, Mary Shelley, J.K. Rowling, Anne Rice, P.D. James, Martha Grimes etc. etc. until she becomes that lone special snowflake. Because gods know, the male perspective is missing in our culture and we need JB to come along and fix that.

I like how she excuses fiction, then goes on to describe her obviously fictional genre herself like she’s amazing and totes a special snowflake who we should all bow before.

Because WIMMENS can’t write GOOD MENZ (except JudgyBitch).

Tracy

Is she under some sort of threat? Or is she sort of… making herself into a victim here? Is this the ‘manufactured victimhood’ I hear so much about masquerading as ‘come n’ getme hataaaaahs’ bravado? My head just asploded. My narrative just fractured. My tenses just shifted midsentence. “I am confused” she said and hugs a kitten while a sip of her tea she took.

No, no, no…you misunderstand! When FEMINISTS say they’re being attacked and hurt, THAT’S “manufactured victimhood”. When SHE (or other MRAs) do it, it’s “martyrdom” and “taking one for the team!” and “BEING A GODDAMNED HERO”. [/sarcasm]

*snicker* That does sound like something she might do. “I want MORE attention! Stahp ignoring MEEEEEEE! *stompy-stompy-stomp*”

Like the little child in that banned French advertisement for condoms:

WARNING: There is screaming. (And a really shitty picture resolution.)

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Hers is a rather unique approach to public relations.
I confess I am not disappointed that she is going to pay the d00d to shop her break all the rules masterpiece.

Karl: Sounds about right. It’s even being read by a middle-aged blond lady.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

So this popped up on my twitter feed:

Notice that there are three (and only three) types of men, but there is only one type of woman: normatively beautiful and wearing underwear.

It is like all these MRA meme-makers only know where to find images of beautiful women in sexual poses.

brooked
brooked

I oddly like the photoshop job of the two guys on the left even though the whole thing’s a mess in general, which that’s par for the course when it comes to MRA meme atrocities.

“Pussy whipped puppy slave” is the title to my slam poetry work in progress, it’s a nod to the beat poets of yore.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Also, that one type of woman is called “girl”.

And pussy whipped puppy slave sounds like the tags on a piece of femdom erotica.

Look at this pussy whipped puppy slave.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

One more!

kittehserf - MOD

Needle-sharp kitty claws in the face ow ow ow!

pallygirl
pallygirl

Do you think JB will mention a skull in the first 10 pages, and then copy paste that mention into every chapter?

Kootiepatra

Wait, does this mean that grammar is officially misandry now?

Moggie
Moggie

You know how some authors will have sock puppets post glowing reviews on Amazon and elsewhere? I suspect JB will post fake negative reviews, if the novel is ever published. In fact, she probably wrote the reviews before the novel.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I think grammar has always been misandrous at AVFM.

Kakanian
Kakanian

@Catherine von Überwald

The combination of “men doing manly things while thinking man-thoughts” and “icky feeeemaaaalllees” reminds me of what I’ve read about Landser-fiction, which is a pretty… conservative genre of early-to-mid 20st century war fiction.

Shaenon

Thank God a woman is finally writing a book with male protagonists, because that’s so rare in our oppressive femocracy.

Except for the two bestselling female writers in publishing history, J.K. Rowling and Agatha Christie.

Ah, but that’s genre fiction. Look at, say, Time magazine’s list of the 100 greatest novels of the 20th century, where books by women are represented by the likes of Mrs. Dalloway and To the Lighthouse, about dumb icky girls. Of course the list also includes The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter, White Teeth, Possession, Death Comes for the Archbishop, The Man Who Loved Children, and Under the Net, all books by women with male central characters.

True, there are a lot of books on the list by men about men, sometimes to the point of having no female characters at all, but that shouldn’t be taken as evidence that men are self-absorbed creatures of feeble imagination whose poor little brains would snap if they tried to write deeply nuanced, fully realized, fully human characters. Because things are only bad when women do them.

The point is, this novel about soldiers by a writer who takes pride in knowing nothing about what soldiers do will finally give us the first believable male characters ever created by a woman. Get packing, Edith Wharton.

Melyanna

Bloomfield now says her agent is back on board.

That’s too bad – So many trees are going to be killed to print that garbage…

pallygirl
pallygirl

@katz: love the comic, and yes I did read the framed writing on the wall. Nice touches there too.

brooked
brooked

Wahoo, we got awesome new Voice for Pierre comic out of this nonsense, hot off the presses. I guess I have to thank JudgyB for that.

This is awkward.

I’ll stick to thanking Katz. Thanks Katz!

weirwoodtreehugger

That was a great wall hanging. I of course, was too busy looking at the cat to notice it at first.

kittehserf - MOD

Pierre! Poutine! It’s been too long since we’ve seen them! <3

Love it, katz – Pierre's gritted teeth, Poutine rolling around and laughing at him at the end, and those certificates on the wall! XD

schwadevivre

JB seems to be a narcissist and the “agent” picking her up again was probably because she gave him more money.

In the interests of openness I am a bearded male living in the UK with a cat called Imperatrix and Mistress (of my heart) who uses the name Felis Monstrosa

Myriad
Myriad

Bloomfield now says her agent is back on board.

Do agents really drop clients then pick them back up? That seems a little wishy-washy if you ask me. If said agent actually exists that is.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Her agent’s using dread game on her.

Tracy
Tracy

lol!

@Katz *applause*

Bina
Bina

“Buh, individual humanity, whut’z dat?” Certainly not a concept MRAssholes will ever be even remotely acquainted with. But they think they can scare us by saying that “good” men are only interested in Nikola Tesla, a noted celibate with probable mental issues, meaning that we evil wimminzes are shit out of luck because now there’s only bad boys and Nice Guys™ left. That’s hilarious.

I just love that poor model’s pose, too: twisted at an unnatural angle so you can see both boobs AND butt. Her spine must be so sore.

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

Her agent’s using dread game on her.

Ha!

Zolnier

I’m on limited bandwidth at the moment, can anyone enlighten me to the contents of that chapter?