evil lying women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA racism rape rape culture reactionary bullshit red pill vox day

Vox Day: If a woman says she was raped by a white man, she's probably lying, because only blacks and hispanics rape

There's at least one group that might welcome Vox Day
There’s at least one group that might welcome Vox Day

This is the final day of the We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive! If you haven’t already, please consider sending some bucks my way. (And don’t worry that the PayPal page says Man Boobz.) Thanks!

I thought I’d seen every variety of rape apologism known to humankind. But this is a new one for me: Fantasy author and garbage human Vox Day (aka Theodore Beale) has decided that all claims of rape directed at white guys are suspect because … white guys don’t rape.

No, really. That’s his actual argument:

White American men simply don’t rape these days. At this point, unless a womann claims it was committed by a black or Hispanic man she didn’t previously know, all claims of rape, especially by a college woman, have to be considered intrinsically suspect.

His, er, source for these claims? A post from the website Women For Men — founded by familiar names Suzanne Venker, Helen Smith and Christina Hoff Sommers — about a video of unknown provenance of a shouting match that involves a white woman accusing a presumably white man of rape. (There are no details on the alleged incident, and it’s not clear from watching the almost literally unbelievable video what exactly happened or if the video is even real.) Needless to say, even if the video is 100% real it doesn’t actually provide anything even remotely approaching evidence for Vox’s racist claims.

Which isn’t surprising given that they aren’t, you know, true. When it comes to rape, of course, whites and blacks are overwhelmingly — roughly 8 out of 10 times — victimized by members of their own race.  And in most cases, as is well-known, rapes are committed by people the victim knows, not the proverbial man hiding in the bushes.

Vox continues on, pulling more “facts” from his posterior:

No one believes that women don’t lie about rape anymore. Even the average feminist is now rolling her eyes when a college woman comes forward and cries rape. This was the inevitable result of creating St. Rape Victim, now every attention-seeking young woman wants to have been raped.

One of Vox’s commenters puts the cherry on this shit sundae:

It’s a sad state of affairs when women have to resort to these tactics to get attention. And even more sad state when they are the ones who put themselves there in the first place by embracing everything that makes them unattractive to men.

Back when Vox was expelled from the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, you may recall, he purported to be outraged that people were calling him racist.

Bina
Bina

Yes, the German Föhn is a real problem there. Headaches, crankiness, the whole nine yards. One time, when I was visiting relatives over there, the München U-Bahn (subway) had to be shut down because a woman had committed suicide by hurling herself on the tracks. The Föhn was blowing at the time. My grandparents lived in a suburb way out the outskirts of the city, where, if you were lucky, you could see the Alps on certain days…but yup, it was always THOSE days. Meaning headaches, crankiness, nausea, lassitude. I can remember feeling really sick one day too, but I’m not sure if it was that or jet lag (because I’d arrived less than 12 hours earlier). I only know that I’d never felt that horrible before, or since. I couldn’t get up or do anything, and I can still hear my brother insulting me over it because I was in pain and crying. (We were in our late teens at the time, for whatever that’s worth.)

And yes, Fön (no h) is the German word for a blow-dryer. No doubt the two are cognates.

(BTW, all German nouns are capitalized. We’re very proper that way!)

As for Chinooks, well, I guess it depends where you are when one hits. I imagine that the closer one is to the Rockies, the more unpleasant it can be, because the winds would be strongest there.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I had no idea. What a tragic story about that woman who killed herself.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Thanks bina, Kittenserf and grumpyoldnurse

Mizuki
Mizuki

On the subject on translation, if there is some Japanese text you want to translate for that video, I can attempt it. My Japanese is pretty rusty but I can give it a go.

kittehserf

Harold Lloyd, the first PUA! And to think these clowns think they’re so original … they’ve been parodied ninety years already.

“One who know, and knows, and knows” would make a great line for mocking this lot.

Falconer

I’ve seen Buster Keaton’s “The General.”

Talk about million-dollar shots…

I enjoyed it, but was also kind of meh about it later, because he’s Confederate, and I know I live in the South but fuck ’em for fighting to keep slavery.

yamamanama

Vox offering to e-mail people interested in harassing me and anyone I am friends with or associate with, so I’ll just have to send some infiltrators. E-mail voxday at gmail dot com with a message about how you’ll love to get back at me (in your own words, please).

kittehserf

Sorry, what? I don’t know what you’re talking about, yamamanama, but I’m not emailing Vox or any other misogynist/racist/bigot generally, and I’m not wild about you phrasing this like it’s something people here have to do.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Vox Day…he has assfax. Lots of assfax.

Oh yeah, The General is great. And that was back when, if you wanted to film a train going off a bridge, you had to actually send a train off a bridge.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

@ yama…make a few throwaway email accounts with free services you don’t have your main account with.
Pose as your own would-be harassers.

contrapangloss

Yeah, no.

Yamamanama, I’m really not comfortable with folks sharing other people’s emails, especially when it’s to spam (regardless of ultimate intent).

Could we not?

kittehserf

Not to mention that not everyone here has the slightest idea how to do the whole fake-IP thing, and I’m really side-eyeing what’s essentially asking other people to set themselves up for harassment, doxxing etc. by Vox and his mates.

yamamanama

I didn’t even think of the IP thing.

kittehserf

Also, asking us to troll Pox? How is that any better than him and his kind trying to troll us?

yamamanama

Hmm, maybe it isn’t the best idea I ever had.
It’s not the worst idea I’ve ever had, at least. I won’t talk about that, because it’s stupid and would never work.

kittehserf

LOL! I reckon we’d all have stories about “ideas I will never mention in public” … except we’re never gonna mention them in public.

yamamanama

It’s one of those ideas that sounds brilliant when you come up with it but when you think more about the details, it’s terrible.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

There’s also the question of why a bunch of strangers would want to serve as your flying monkeys.

yamamanama

I never thought of that either, heh.

kittehserf

I’d rather be a flying kitty any day. Never been fond of monkeys, flying or otherwise.

I dunno. I like monkeys.

All animals are important in some way. That’s ecology 101.

kittehserf

Important, absolutely, but that’s not what I was talking about: I said I’m not fond of them. Nothing to do with their place in the environment.

Bonelady
Bonelady

I missed this entry 1st time through. Vox has just posted a “brilliant” and withering response on Vox Popoli, claiming that David can not do the math. Btw, according to him, and at one time confirmed by his Wikipedia entry, he has 3 children; a son and two daughters. The son is around 15, the daughters 12 and 10 or so. The reference has been removed, probably by him. He is very protective of his family’s anonimity, I’ve noticed, something with which l have to sympathize. He lives in Italy, so the best you can hope for are wolves, lynxes, wolverines or brown bears. Sorry to burst any fantasy bubbles.

Lea
Lea

Bonelady,
“Brilliant” as usual, huh? I bet it is. 😉
I don’t believe he has a family. I suspect that Spacebunny and the kids are make believe.

yamamanama

It’s funnier because he doesn’t care about others’ anonymity.

xdpaul
xdpaul

Change the photo on this post immediately. It is racist, and has no place in society. I can’t believe 120+ posts in, and no one else even noticed such an obvious and sickening act of bigotry. Such silence speaks volumes.

DeepThought
DeepThought

You do realize you did not show/state/link or whatever you wish to call it, any data supporting your position. All you did was say Vox Day is a bad man because…

You seem to ignore much in trying to counter Vox Day. Not sure why you try, you come out looking so poorly.

Bonelady
Bonelady

@Lea in his Wikipedia entry was a link to a British newspaper about Day’s son who seems to be the youngest male to have a book published. It also mentioned two younger daughters. You can google it and get the article.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

You do realize that there are 5 links in the article: two to articles by Vox, one of which is partially quoted just in case one doesn’t feel like subjecting oneself to the entire article; one to the article to which Vox is referring in the first link to him; and two to articles refuting Vox’s premise, such as he has a premise.

It’s almost as though you don’t have reading comprehension skills!

grumpyoldnurse

@ xdpaul – so, photoshopping a picture of Vox Day onto a Klansman is racist, but him saying stuff about how only men of colour rape teh white laydeez is OK and not racist?

If that’s what you’re actually saying, I have two questions for you;
1) Do you know what the word ‘racist’ means?
2) How do you tie your own shoes?

@PoM – the straws, they must be grasped!

Bonelady
Bonelady

@deepthought the 1st link takes you to one of Mr. Days blogs (Alpha Game) where you can read the original post. Then, in yesterday’s Vox Popoli blog, he defends his statement. What other proof is needed? Day said what he said. The later links above disprove Day’s contention. He said something that is false and was called on it. Now, this is not an isolated incident. I have been reading Day’s blogs for two years now, and this is part of a well established pattern of biases against various groups of people. If you do not believe me read the last twoyyears of Vox Popoli & Alpha Game and judge for yourself.

I think that a number of people counter Vox Day quite effectively. The fact that he refuses to admit being/doing wrong does not change that.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

Deep thoughts indeed.

grumpyoldnurse

@ M. the Social Justice Ranger – Perfection! 😀

weirwoodtreehugger

Xdpaul,
David was equating Vox Day with the KKK in order to mock racism. Not promote it. Unless you’re an idiot who thinks criticizing racist white people is “reserve racism”

Deepthoughts,
The burden of proof is on Vox, not David. He’s the one who put forth a claim “only black and Hispanic men rape” that is contrary to all common knowledge. He’s the one who needs to prove it.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

@WWTH

If XDPaul is the same XDPaul that shows up as the first result on Google… He’s a #Gater that posts long, militaristic, nonsensical Twitter screeds about “SJWs” taking over the world and, yep, retweets Vox’s racism. So yeah, you’re spot on.

And no, XDPaul, Googling your fucking Twitter account is not “Doxxing.”

weirwoodtreehugger

I thought the name sounded familiar. I’m pretty sure he was recently featured in a post but I can’t remember which one.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

Yeah, I thought so too, which is why I Googled it. Man, considering how obsessed #GamerGate is with sockpuppets, I’m surprised that this dumbass posted under his own username.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I’m sure he’s screencapping the thread as we speak.

pallygirl
pallygirl

Is xdpaul’s basic contention that it is bigoted to call a racist a racist?

The only people I know who support the “right” of people to be racist (e.g. freeze peach) are other racists.

It’s “projection.”

According to them, if you claim someone’s racist, it must mean that you yourself are racist.

Lewis
Lewis
aada
aada

your links are old and with an agenda. give me the data that is raw

weirwoodtreehugger

Again, the burden of proof is on the one who is making the extraordinary claim. That would be Vox, not David.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

your links are old and with an agenda

The “agenda” of the linked sources, the New Mexico Clearinghouse on Sexual Abuse and Assault Services and RAINN, appears to be dealing with the realities of sexual violence. The first was formed to fulfill the terms of a statute to provide training, and the second is “the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization.” You’re gonna have to provide a more convincing argument that these sources are biased than that you don’t like their results.

And google is your friend if you want more current data.

Ellie M
Ellie M

@Lewis So because more black/brown suspects got their mugshots taken and posted on the internet that’s data to you? You must not be that bright….

Wendy Christopher

Let’s go to Google shall we? Campus rape suspects straight from google. https://www.google.com/search?q=campus+rape+suspects&biw=1360&bih=623&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=U1ufVNzAJNSmyATguYGgAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

And this proves… what, exactly? That if you type the words ‘campus rape suspects’ into a Google search you end up with a metric ton of pictures of men of ALL races AND women? *slow hand clap* What a ‘genius’ you are…

Mattie
Mattie

Gotta love the cracks at trolls’ and racists’ intelligence in this thread, because we all know people of low intelligence are to blame for racism and misogyny, rather than people who are privileged assholes.