#gamergate misogyny PUA red pill rhymes with roosh

Pickup artist and wannabe video game media mogul Roosh Valizadeh tries to lure gamers to his site by insulting them

Dating women can be an umpleasant shore, if you hate them
Dating women can be an unpleasant shore, if you hate them

Roosh Valizadeh — the pickup artist and would-be video game media mogul — is still trying to convince gamers that even though he’s not one of them he’s on their side. Earlier this week, Roosh reached out to GamerGaters with a paid advertorial in The Ralph Retort, a GamerGate-centric internet tabloid, in which he tried to explain who he was and why gamers should trust him.

But he couldn’t even make it to the end of his little spiel without insulting the dudes his new video game website Reaxxion is trying to appeal to, contrasting the escapism of video games with the difficult but necessary work he and his followers do. By which he means the hard work they do trying to convince drunk women to have sex with them.

[A]ll guys devote a certain amount of time of their day to consuming entertainment that breaks up the drudgery of life. Meeting girls, make no doubt about it, is work. Approaching women and dating them is difficult and takes a serious devotion of energy and mental resources. Playing games, on the other hand, while tactically challenging, is more relaxing for men in that it’s a method to unwind from life’s stresses.

Also, if you’re trying to pick up women, you have to remember to clean out the boogers in your nose and wipe your ass. And we know how Roosh feels about that.

tomtom94speaks

This is just so… perfectly Gamergate. Paid editorial? Check. Hypocrite? Check. Misogyny Reinforcing Asshole? Check.

ikanreed
ikanreed

He’ll succeed too.

Ray
Ray

So he’s “negging” them. Ha.

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

Well, apparently “negging” is a sure fire way to get people to give you whatever you want from them, so you can see why he might try it.

And, in other news, when “negging”, harrassing and hassling to get the phone number of a woman seen completely at random on public transport, you can always go James Franco and put her in a headlock… That’ll definitely work.

apeculiarpersonage
apeculiarpersonage

Why does he devote so much energy to trying to meet women if it’s only hard work?

Wait, I probably don’t want to know the answer to that.

Bina
Bina

Negging: Not just for picking up chicks anymore!

Lea
Lea

Meeting girls, make no doubt about it, is work.

Meeting “girls” should be as difficult as meeting “boys” because both are human beings who exist in equal numbers. Of course, he does not mean “meeting”. He has no intention of befriending and getting to know people or appreciate their company. He means harassing women (At least I hope he did not literally mean “girls, but that may be to charitable.) for sex. That’s why his claim is gendered. The truth is, no one wants to interact with a smarmy guy who thinks wiping his own ass is hard work. He’s not saying that being gregarious and charming is difficult for him, though I have no doubt that it is. He’s saying that constantly being a jerk to and attempting to manipulate women while keeping the crust out of his eyes is haaaaaard you guuuuuys.

grumpyoldnurse

Awwww, lookit! Rooshie’s negging #GG! Innit cute!

(gag)

grumpyoldnurse

Multiple ninja’d!

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

TheRalphRetort? Isn’t “ralphing” an old slang word for vomiting?

Huh, makes sense after all. Though I do still wonder how they chose the name.

freemage

Bluecatbabe: Ugh. Happened in my home city. And there’s a slew of links on the side of that article describing similar incidents on the CTA, though that one seems to be the most severe.

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

Sorry, I meant Julien Blanc for the headlock idea – not James Franco!

I apologise to James Franco (I’m not sure who he is but I haven’t heard he recommended throttling strangers as a pick-up technique anyway).

Freemage – that is horrible stuff – must be terrifying to go through.

The only bright side is that at least it does look like the guy has been arrested and will be charged.

sunnysombrera

Public transport is the worst for creeps. London Underground is no exception. I once had a guy behind me push his crotch against my ass/subtly dry hump me while trying to pretend it was the swing of the carriage. I felt awful afterwards but I didn’t want to cause a fuss in front of my manager and colleagues, who were riding with me. I know that if I’d spoken up he would have feigned innocence and things would go nowhere slowly.

sunnysombrera

Of course Roosh thinks that manipulating women is hard work. Mind games and being dishonest and insincere always takes way more effort than casually talking to someone like they’re a person.

M. Tremblay
M. Tremblay

Every GG “hero” I know of will insult video game fans and defend Gamergate in the same breath, whether it’s Milo Yannopoulos, that Mytheos guy from a short while ago, or others I can’t remember at the moment. Roosh is just the latest “gamer-negger”, and something tells me he won’t be the last.

I find it tremendously interesting how the GG crowd will greet these guys as allies while willfully ignoring their history of insulting gamers. I know these “journalists” are just trying to make a quick buck out of Gamergate, but still, I can’t help but marvel at the level of industrial-grade cognitive dissonance necessary to hail someone who clearly hates you as your hero. Has any Gater ever addressed this contradiction?

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

Sunnysombrera, I had a similar experience once. The guy made it seem like he was just keeping his balance on a moving train. The way he was staring at me made it crystal clear what he was really about, but he had plausible deniability if I tried to call him on it, so I didn’t bother. I just felt gross all afternoon (how fucking sick is it that we feel gross when they’re the gross ones?)

becausescience
becausescience

Speaking of horrifically disgusting incidents of street harassment, there was a story in the news recently about a young woman in Germany who died after being attacked by a man when she intervened to protect other women from being harassed. But how could this happen? The manosphere & fiends have spent the past few months assuring everyone that street harassment “isn’t a big deal”, and the guys are “just being friendly”, right? Friendly enough to murder people who get in the way of their friendliness, apparently.

sunnysombrera

Emilygoddess : it’s the feeling of being dehumanised, sexually objectified and dominated. Violated even, in a way. Dude sees us as objects to get a perverted kick out of, to impose himself upon, to invade a very personal space with no care for our feelings or consent and he knows we won’t like it but does it anyway – that’s the kick. In that moment, we’re forced to be penis pleasing material.

It’s a horrible feeling and I wish men like him (and all the rape culture apologists) would experience it. Even just once.

Ira Shantz-Kreutzkamp
Ira Shantz-Kreutzkamp

I think you meant ‘unpleasant Chore’, Mr. Futrelle. Though Heaven knows Pick Up Artistry is an ill wind that blows nowhere good.

I wonder what it says about these men that they can’t even approach people for something as casual as “hey check out my site” without treating their hopeful audience with vicious contempt and self-righteousness.

sparky
sparky

bluecatbabe:

Eh, James Franco hasn’t, as far as I know, advocating throttling random people, but he’s still a creeper. So you’re not that far off, really!

If Roosh finds “approaching women and dating them” such exhausting drudgery, maybe he should just not do that anymore. Really.

Ira Shantz-Kreutzkamp
Ira Shantz-Kreutzkamp

Also what is it with these old-timey photos of people looking like they just smelled something awful? There seems to be hundreds of them.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@M. Tremblay:

Ah, I see you’ve fallen prey to a grave error: thinking that #gamergate is really about games. It isn’t. It’s all about anti-feminism and anti-SJ these days. This is why they’re taking the stance of “the enemy of my enemy is my based mom/dad.” If Eric Thompson, the king of true anti-gamers, speaks out against a SJW, he’ll be welcomed into the fold.

It was probably like that from the beginning. They targeted Zoey Quinn not just because of the ex’s prodding, and not just because she was a female developer, but because she was a SJW and making SJ games.

From that perspective, it’s almost inevitable that these assholes would start teeming up with MRAs and PUAs, and why Paul Elam was so angered by #gamergate’s media attention. Fundamentally, they all want the same thing, and they are all part of the same backlash.

sunnysombrera

Sparky: but giving up on pursuing women as a lifestyle would mean maybe he made a mistake in choosing that lifestyle in the first place. Admitting mistakes puts a dent in Roosh’s ego. And we all know that his ego has the strength and resilience of bubbles.

Crissa
Crissa

Yeah, but how many people use CTA? Millions. And so even if it happened less often than other public spaces, there’d still be a slew of incidences. Even if there were only thousands of users, there’d still be incidences! Incidence of error is high enough that would occur. We can’t let the tyranny of massive numbers get us down.

I have to say, I found CTA one of the more enjoyable systems to ride of the major cities I’ve been in.

Crissa
Crissa

(Why doesn’t my spellcheck work in these text boxes?)

weirwoodtreehugger

I always find it so fascinating the Roosh seems completely joyless and yet remains convinced that his way of life is the best, most superior.

schwadevivre

@ sunnysombrera – But it is the resiliency of snot bubbles

Puddleglum

@becausescience, that was so horrifying and awful. I feel so sad for her family.

Karalora

(how fucking sick is it that we feel gross when they’re the gross ones?)

The culture does a very good job of convincing us that harassment inflicted upon us is our fault, for being too attractive or too available-seeming or whatever the flavor of the day is.

Jason
Jason

Searching for joke incorporating the PUA concept of game and condescending to people who play games…. joke not found: pity overflow.

ej
ej

A friend posted the Guardian’s Zoe Quinn interview on Facebook this week and one of the “related articles” was from the Ralph Retort. I didn’t read it and after seeing this, I am really glad I didn’t. The title told me everything I needed to know: “Internal Email Shows Guardian Had Mind Made Up on GamerGate.” They are whining about the fact that an interview with a victim of harassment came to the conclusion that harassment is bad.

Here’s a link to the interview with Zoe Quinn for anyone who hasn’t seen it.

indexshrugged

It seems this guy is trying to get gamer gaters to his side using similar negging pickup methods he’d try to use on women. Makes perfect sense :

Leah
Leah

Haresssing various unfamiliar women is “hard Work”? I’d say fending off predators like Douche V is harder “Work”. And absolutely no one is going to profit from his “Work”. I pity any Young woman that crosses his path.

Bina
Bina

Shorter Roosh: “You game, I game. So…you game?”

(I tried. Sigh.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I’d say fending off predators like Douche V is harder “Work”.

It’s also very hard work snarking on Roosh’s exhausting, busy day of deboogering, objectifying women, and having other people write his clickbait posts for him. Sometimes I need a Power Bar just to make it through typing a single comment.

Plaatsvervangende Schaamte

Man, just wait until Rooshie finds out there are female gamers…

weirwoodtreehugger

On an unrelated note, Canadian politician doesn’t understand what motivated Marc Lepine’s murder spree. http://jezebel.com/canadian-pol-we-may-never-know-why-marc-lepine-killed-1666660775/all Sigh. I guess I should thank him for reminding me that in the wake of the lack of indictments in the Ferguson and Eric Garner cases, it isn’t just the US that is awful!

freemage

Crissa: I’ve been riding for about two decades now. While I won’t say it’s a daily occurence, I can think of at least two incidents during that time that were obvious enough to get my attention:

1: One was a classic case of a guy standing near a woman, and just softly saying something; she eventually shouted at him to back off–he did, but did so while pulling the whole, “I didn’t say anything, I wasn’t even talking to you” bullshit.

2: The second one was more disturbing. A guy said… something to a woman who was passing him as she boarded the train. She responded by pulling out a HUGE kitchen-knife from her purse and pointing it at him. I can’t remember her exact words, but I was left with the definite impression that I was seeing someone who had come to the conclusion that this was her only option for safety–that the cops and bystanders simply would not come to her aid, and that the odds of an attack were too high. Unfortunately, ‘angrily shouting woman with a knife’ is difficult for the rank-and-file commuter to actually support. She eventually got off the train a couple stops later and most of the other passengers made snarky remarks about her.

freemage

Dammit I wish I could edit. Prior post has a bit that should read, “angrily shouting person with a knife”–after all, if anything, a man with a knife is going to be scarier, because there’s a bit more concern he’s actually going to use it.

mistressoflarry

(how fucking sick is it that we feel gross when they’re the gross ones?)

Because we’re reminded everyday how if it happens to us it is our fault.

Case in point, I was in the check out lane yesterday and overheard the cashier and two customers (all women) discussing the Cosby rape accusations. It was all about how it was the women’s fault: “You have to use your head. What do you think is going to happen if you go into a dressing room with him.” “yes, it takes two, the blame is on both sides.” AND THEN, “Why didn’t they come forward sooner?”

The only, ONLY thing they said about the serial rapist was: “Yeah, using drugs makes it creepier.”

I really wish I said something, but I didn’t. That sort of chit chat every day, especially among women, reinforce the idea it is always our fault.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Longer Roosh:

We’re both strangers to love
You know The Rules, and so do I
Cooperation’s what I’m thinking of
Although you all are a bunch of Beta guys

I just wanna give you all a safe space
No agenda, this I swear

Never gonna beat you up
Never gonna keep you down
Never gonna give you ground and pervert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna tell a lie
Never gonna mock and try to convert you

You’ve known in your heart for so long
That Social Justice chicks
Ruin games for you, so
The Game I play makes losers into men
Not that you’re losers… umm… just keep that in mind, so

I have made you a brand new website
Please hurry up and follow me

Never gonna beat you up
Never gonna keep you down
Never gonna give you ground and pervert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna tell a lie
Never gonna mock and try to convert you

Kakanian
Kakanian

Latest news on 8chan apparently was that the mod gave mod power to a troll. And that troll shut down the board, forcing everyone to migrate to a new one.

In other news, they’re really happy that Gawkers insurance company refused to cover the costs of gawker’s apparently pending trial concerning them distributing Hulk Hogan’s sex tapes through some parts of their corporate structure.

Leah
Leah

Plaatsvargende schaamte: No such Thing exists. Gamers are oppressed, misunderstood White male snowflakes.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

WWTH: I was going to mention that. Politician says something wrong and stupid, people call him out, and IMMEDIATELY there are a bajillion people crying that EVERYONE ELSE is playing politics. Sickening.

ParadoxicalIntention
ParadoxicalIntention

sunnysombrera

QFT. You’d think if he’d actually try approaching a woman like if she was, oh, I don’t know…a person? Eh, his head would probably explode from the sheer effort of not being a hideous, sexist, creep.

Also, I read that Guardian article that ej posted, and through some clicking, I found this:

There’s some ableism in there, but also some great commentary.

When people think of “gamers,” I want them to think of Child’s Play, and athletes who play competitive League of Legends, and all the normalization we’ve accomplished over the years. I want them to think of feminism, and games as an art form — something more than mass entertainment. I want them to think of all the amazing things that video games have done, and can do, because that means we get to keep playing more games.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Meeting girls (or boys) just involves leaving your house and going to a place where there are people. What he means is “getting exceptionally attractive women to allow you to use their body as a receptacle for you to masturbate into, and making them feel really bad about it afterwards”, but I guess that’s the part you don’t disclose until the customer has already paid for the product.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Hey, Crissa, how about you refrain from brushing off other people’s experiences of harassment on public transit? If it’s not a regular occurrence for you, great, awesome, you sure are lucky! But for many women who take public transit, it’s a frequent problem, and when they’re telling you that, you should listen.

Plaatsvervangende Schaamte

@Leah: I know every time I turn on my XBox, I hear a chorus of feminists creep up behind me with their persecutin’ pitchforks in hand.

kittehserf

WWTH

I have a nice warm glow of schadenfreude every time I read about how things that most people would look on as a pleasure of life – spending free time with someone they like, even having (gasp) sex with them – are just chores and drudgery and haaaarrrd worrrrk for Roosh. All the things that can be enjoyed for their own sake are just obstacles in the way of reaching orgasm inside someone he is at best indifferent to … and he doesn’t even seem to enjoy that part of it much.

Serves him right. Let him be miserable forever, he’s earned it.

kittehserf

See? I just said it on the Red Dog post: Crissa’s little more than a troll, at best.

1 2 3