#gamergate bunnies cuteness dawgies kitties no trolls allowed open thread

The We Hunted the Mammoth Tribute to the True Heroes of Gaming

tumblr_static_video_game_cat

Since today is Thanksgiving — also known as Thursday, to those not in the US — I thought I would take a break from all the negativity and celebrate some of the true heroes of video gaming.

Make sure to scroll down all the way for a video of cats and dogs and lizards legitimately for real playing iPad games. Enjoy!

7bd71a4e5e3b730ae8be0506a3ccc0dc

360-cat

0aedc975de940f10d3c89198ba00bd8d

cute-animals-pablo-and-his-favourite-toy

10-1-08-cat-playing-ds

funny_cats_play_video_games_1003

world-of-warcraft-cat

This kitten, meanwhile, just likes to watch.

Consider this a no-trolls, no-MRAs, no-GamerGaters open thread, not for personal stuff. I’ll be opening a new thread for personal stuff in a little bit. Happy Thanksgiving and/or Thursday!

diana6815

the cuteness is taking over!!!!

cynicism dwindling … heart growing …

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

Happy Thanksgiving, USian commenters!

Love how PO’d the fluffy white kitty at the top of the post looks. 😀

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

All together now: D’aaaawwwwwww…

M. Tremblay
M. Tremblay

The last one though.

I got a Wii U and I really like the fact I can play games on the gamepad’s screen without using the TV (so I can play in bed! YES!)

But then my kitty sits on my lap, starts pawing at the screen, lies on it, and otherwise forces me to get out of bed and actually play on the TV. 🙁

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

@ M. Tremblay – kitty loooooooves you and wants to play with you!

Mezza
Mezza

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the USA!

@M. Tremblay

My cat is the same, except I have a 3DS and he loves trying to grab the stylus while I’m using it. I’m 99% sure he only does it for attention (sadly, I don’t have enough hands to fuss him and hold a stylus + 3DS), it’s the same reason he bites my toes if I’m ignoring him…

naltia
naltia

I’m proud of the cat in the 8th picture down (just above the videos) for playing World of Warcraft.

Then I noticed she’s playing Alliance…. BOOOOOoo!

weirwoodtreehugger

Darrow’s electronic of choice is the TV remote.

Puddleglum

Happy Thursday!

irhk

Pretty awesome

Katherine XII
Katherine XII

Dick move, Cat#2.

Dick move.

Pocket Nerd

Happy Thanksgiving, all. And if you aren’t from the US, well, have a happy day anyway.

Sambarge
Sambarge

Happy Thanksgiving to all the USians! I’m not but I’m having a great day. I went to court on a traffic ticket and the charges were dropped! Avoided a fine but, more importantly, I avoided the 8 demerit points on my license. It’s fair though, because I was actually innocent of the charge. YAY!

Bina
Bina

OMG, that chinchilla kitty at the top is just too precious.

And what is it with all these gamebro kitties who just sit around with their legs apart and their ‘nads hanging out? Are they imitating their gamebro hoomans?

Happy US Thanksgiving to all you late-celebrators…

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

Congrats, Sambarge!

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Happy Thursday. 🙂

We don’t even celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK, so I’m not super familiar with all its attendant customs, but Black Friday is apparently now A Thing for most of our supermarkets.

Like, from what I understand about it, and I don’t know a lot about USian Lizard-people* and their religious/ cultural traditions (*Do they prefer the term Reptillian-Americans? Sorry, don’t mean to offend anyone), but I gather it’s a day that represents and celebrates all that is fundamentally wrong and broken with Consumerism, right? I’m assuming from the name “Black Friday” that it’s some kind of orgiastic feast-day for Capitalists to renew their Faustian bargains with Satan in return for ever more filthy lucre. I mean, why else would it involve so much gouging people being crushed to death?
Again, this whole thing is a foreign concept to me, as a Brit, so I’m treating it with extreme suspicion and distrust.
I mean, I don’t want to seem intolerant, but these Lizard-people come over here, demanding special privileges for their little profane ritual sacrifice and worship, riding roughshod over OUR cultural values. Why don’t they just integrate to OUR way of life if they like it so much over here? We and our lengthy period of no-particular-thing-going-on-until-December were here first!**

** Disclaimer: I have been watching recordings of Stewart Lee’s stand-up all afternoon and I feel his sense of humour has heavily influenced my post.

Kim
Kim
Reply to  AltoFronto

Also not American, but today my kitty decided to come visit me in bed which is not something she does very often. So it’s a special day. (It’s also a Friday)

zennurse
zennurse

No kitties or games here, watching movies and avoiding the holiday.

These totally lifted me and I appreciate that so much, thanks, David. I had no idea about putting a pet with a tablet, had only ever seen video catnip which I loved.

I hope everyone has a good day no matter where you are.

Bina
Bina

It has become one here in Canada, too. Our downtown merchants here have even adopted a “late” event, starting at 5 p.m. and running until 10, which I might have considered going to if only (a) I could drive, and (b) it weren’t already so dang dark out. But since I walk, and it’s darker than Satan’s balls, and a long way to go into town (I’m on the easternmost end of the main drag), alas, I won’t be attending.

As for “big” Black Friday sales, I’ve avoided them. In stores, it’s just a mad rush; online, meh. Anything I really want/need, I’ll buy at other times. They don’t need ME to survive, those big guys…

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Happy thanksgiving everyone

Jennifer Keller
Jennifer Keller
schwadevivre

@ Altofronto
I have said before that being the 51st state is actually Nigel Farrage’s wet dream.

to which my response is NOPE!

Kim
Kim

Parrots are gamers too. My bird will sit on top of the tv and peck and try to catch anything on the screen that comes close to her.

@AltoFronto
Can you link us to a good Stewart Lee video?

HowlOwl
HowlOwl

Awww! Now I so want a cat. Sigh, if only they weren’t hypercarnivores…

Regarding ‘Black Friday’ stuff: it probably would have passed me by if my local comic book/tabletop games store didn’t send me an email saying that they’re offering triple loyalty points on all purchases on the day. Triple Points! Wished I’d put off buying Betrayal at House on the Hill now.

@AltoFronto: I’ve felt that way after watching a lot of Stewart Lee. It’s quite a nice feeling 🙂

Happy Thursday Mamotheers

HowlOwl
HowlOwl

correction: happy Thursday mamotheers, unless you live East of me. In which case, happy Friday… I guess.

kittehserf

schwadevivre – you’d have to be the 52nd state, we’ve been the 51st here in Oz for decades.

Happy Thanksgiving, happy Friday and happy Thursday!

Robert
Robert

I posted my annual glurge to Facebook this morning. Condensed version: I like Thanksgiving because (among other reasons) there are no movies about someone learning the true meaning thereof; nobody ever has to save it; and there is never the threat of a year without it. If you have food you like to eat, people you want to eat it with, and a place where you can eat it with them, that is it. Take a moment and give thanks for it all. Doesn’t have to be turkey, your blood relatives or your own home – you can be feeding the homeless at a soup kitchen, or be homeless in a soup kitchen. There are many ways to say, ‘I love you,’ but sharing food has a sincerity that is hard to beat.

And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.

Ellesar

AltoFronto – I think you captured Lee’s style beautifully there!
Now you have said we have BF in the UK (?!) I think I might make tomorrow a No Spending Day.

mildlymagnificent

Happy whateverday wherever everyone is!

shartheheretic
shartheheretic

I’m encouraging everyone I know to skip Black Friday and shop small/buy local on Small Business Saturday. Spending your money supporting small businesses in your area helps the local economy, instead of giving it to the Evil Empire.

I’m having a sale on my Etsy vintage shop items on Saturday, as well as setting up at the local market as I do every Saturday.

kittehserf

Happy Caturday!

(every day is Caturday)

b.tom.darga
b.tom.darga

Those aren’t Gamers. Those are obviously SJWs pretending to be Gamers. Nice try but you’re not fooling me.

b.tom.darga
b.tom.darga

All you Blue-Pillars think those are just harmless adorable Kittehs who are the pets of Humans who are in control of things. Take the Red Pill and see that they are the ones in charge and that it is we who are the oppressed “pets” owned by them!

Robert
Robert

I took the Purple Pill, and now everything is a purplish wave of awesomeness. So much purplish awesomeness. I cannot contemplate such purpliciousness. Let all devolve into purple.

Michael Suttkus

@AltoFronto “I’m assuming from the name “Black Friday” that it’s some kind of orgiastic feast-day for Capitalists to renew their Faustian bargains with Satan in return for ever more filthy lucre.”

Just in case there was a serious question in there: the term Black Friday dates back a bit. In the old days, paper tape calculators would print negative numbers in red ink, while positive numbers were printed in black. Hence the phrases, “In the black” for doing well, and “in the red” for doing badly. Friday after Thanksgiving is a day many people had off, so became a day where lots of shopping naturally occurred, especially given it’s proximity to Christmas. It came to be called Black Friday because many business did enough business on that day that it put them into the black and made their entire year profitable.

Or that’s the story that is told to distract the public from our sacrifices to the Great Tzergwap, may his tentacles ever be long and spindly. All hale Tzergwap!

WeeBoy

Thanksgiving query: How does one eat pumpkin pie? Hot or cold? Because my flatmate made some but when I tried to heat it up it turned into pumpkin pie soup. But it is weird cold.

Puddleglum

Pumpkin pie… hot? Really? Not where I’m from. But this may explain why some people seem to adore pumpkin flavour in their coffee…

pallygirl
pallygirl

Pumpkin pie, warm not hot, with ice cream. 🙂

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

@ Robert – OMG! I had that happen once! I was following the Dead, at the time, and…well, the rest is probably best left unremembered.

Seriously, the only colour I could see was purple. Everything else was various shades of grey.

pallygirl
pallygirl

Were there 50 shades of grey?

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Room temp for some and chilled for others. Lavished with whipped cream for some and plain for others. Never tried it hot. Sounds messy.

kittehserf

b.tom.darga

Preach it!

Have you had your Welcome Package, btw? 🙂

pallygirl

Were there 50 shades of grey?

Or a whiter shade of pale?

talbotfish
talbotfish

Stop charming my heart and funny bone with these pictures David!

kittehserf

He is an agent of the Furrinati, talbotfish. Well, actually, he is quite a few Furrinati, so you can expect no mercy.

Unimaginative

Warm, with ice cream or whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Probably the one you had was a gelatine-based chilled one, rather than a baked custard. It’s a tragedy. I mean, I like pumpkin soup, but not when my mouth is set for pie.

weirwoodtreehugger

I hate pumpkin pie. I had apple pie today instead. Much tastier.

LordCrowstaff
LordCrowstaff

@naltia

Alliance is BEST FACTION

Zolnier
Zolnier

Sadly we Australians must wait another month for our holiday fix, but happy Thanksgiving anyway!

So the question that has been foremost in my mind: How could you escape being tied up with your hands behind your back using only whatever is in your hair?

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Sorry, I’m a bit late in responding, what with time zones and being made to go to bed and all (I’m a grown-ass woman, damnit!).

Here is some relevant Stewart Lee for Swahdevivre and Kim. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHi16zEsSFI

There are also a few brilliant annotated videos in which he kind of deconstructs his entire act, which is a bit meta, because that’s kind of what he does on stage as it is. It’s genius. 😀