#gamergate 8chan bullying conspiracy theory entitled babies evil SJWs homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny transphobia

8channers defend themselves against charges of transphobia with more transphobia

Panning for poop on 8chan
Panning for poop on 8chan

Yesterday, I noted some of the nasty transphobia that had shown up in a recent /gg/ thread on 8chan, undercutting somewhat the claims to respectability we’ve been hearing a lot of from GamerGaters recently. Well, 8channers noticed my post, and weren’t exactly pleased about it.

But their responses to my post, well, they didn’t exactly suggest that the transphobia I saw in the earlier thread was some sort of fluke.

Oh, sure, some of the commenters complained, as my critics often do, that I had “quote mined” the earlier thread.

8den1

8den2

Sitting cheek by jowl next to these comments were comments of a rather different sort. Trigger Warning for threats, transphobia, homophobia, etc.

8den3

8den4

8den5

8den6

8den7

So, yeah, there’s really no need to posit vast conspiracies sending paid shills to shitpost on 8chan when it’s pretty clear a sizeable portion of their userbase is happy to post crap like this for free.

And there’s no need to mine for quotes like these when there are so many of them just sitting right there on the surface.

contrapangloss

And they were singing:

“My, my this here Anakin guy;
Might be Vader someday later,
now he’s just a small fry…”

Sorry, had to. My inner American Pie was murdered by a parody…

contrapangloss

Or their posts went through, and they was expecting us to have a massive change in feels upon reading them, so they assumed we didn’t even though I’m pretty sure someone quoted their longest…

Or they be liar-mc-liarpants.

kittehserf

contrapangloss, LOL! Love that parody!

Singing “This’ll be the day that I die”

sparky
sparky

Wasn’t there another troll who was fixated on their comments being in moderation?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I went back and checked and there are no comments by Mackey that I didn’t see the first time around. It’s just a lot of doubling-down and “why are you all so meeeeean” complaints back there. I see not even a single apology.

kittehserf

Quite a few trolls get hung up about that, or spend time squealing in moderation after they’ve been banned.

Unimaginative

Damn my day job! Making me miss the musical threads >:(

Can you hear the guns, Fernando?

Bina
Bina

I have known some with paranoid schizophrenic episodes. They can get quite scary when you think about what they will do upon others or themselves when they live up to their delusions (thankfully none I know did, and I was never a part of the delusions, so not scared for myself).

Oh, PLEASE. I’ve met my share of them as well. And I can honestly say that I’ve met “normal” people who were scarier. If I am afraid around a schizophrenic, I’m not afraid OF them, but FOR them, because the person they are most likely to harm is themselves. I’ve never been harmed by one, but I’ve seen plenty who were harmed by others. Usually it all starts with prejudice.

And your attitude is not helping. Now lay off your willful obtuseness and smarten up.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Stats suggest that schizophrenic people in particular are at an elevated risk of being victims of violence, rather than of being violent towards other people. You know, if that was at all relevant to this thread.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above?

(uh oh, I hope that doesn’t attract more trolls)

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Can music save your mortal soul?

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Helter skelter in summer swelter
the birds flew off with the fall out shelter

Unimaginative

I wish I was a brakeman on a hurtling, fevered train.

Anecdotal evidence agrees, at least in my experience.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Kim
Kim

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby

Eight miles high and falling faaaaaaaaast

Unimaginative

I met my love by the gasworks wall

kittehserf

contrapangloss

… and a nightingale sang in Berkeley Square!

contrapangloss

Puddleglum

I’m not sure which is worse, the gators who think we care or the trolls who use smileys all the fucking time. G’night, and have fun!

kittehserf

Niters!

Mackey

All this attacking here, it is not nice. However, if you know someone well
and they unexpectedly get an episode, this can scare the shit out of you.

Now, think of me as you like, I will not be around here any more. Bye!

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I will not be around here any more.

Good riddance.

weirwoodtreehugger

I’ll just leave! That’ll show them!

Mackey

Lack of self-awareness… Think about it. (I decided to reply after several days thinking about It)

Mackey

>And unreflected, I do not care what you think about it. Learn some manners, please

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

JFC don’t promise to leave and then not leave.

(I decided to reply after several days thinking about It)

“several days” being “about 30 minutes” today.

Mackey

Stop being stupid. I didn’t comment for several days

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

You said you were leaving. I celebrated! Then 30 minutes later you commented again after having thought about it for several days? You said you were leaving. Fucking leave.

kirbywarp

Ah ha ha ha. Mackey’s still trolling around, complaing about how mean everyone is?

Christ.

Now, think of me as you like, I will not be around here any more. Bye!

This is some sort of performance art, right?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

We skipped the light fandango, did cartweels across the floor.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

(Or is it tripped? Don’t remember.)

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Oh dearie me, Mackey, Mackey, Mackey, there is a time stamp on every post, fer crying out loud.
Enormous mendacious disembodied anus…
Sing it to the tune of Kokomo, if you would pls.

kittehserf

kirbywarp

In January, we’ll get another post.

“Lack of patience… think about it.”

Just after another “alright, I’m leaving” post.

Pocket Nerd

Thus Spake ZaraPolicy of Madness:

JFC don’t promise to leave and then not leave.

That’s gotta be some kind of record for yo-yo flouncing.

kirbywarp

Just the fact that it took two days to make one post saying they’re leaving, then 30 minutes to fail the landing. It’s like watching someone psyche themselves up for twenty minutes to attempt a cartwheel or something, then they immediately fall on their ass.

kittehserf

Which would at least make an entertaining video!

contrapangloss

*snorts*

Been there! Only, not the internet flouncing with immediate yo-yo. The cartwheel! Yep. No videos because I’m clever like that. BWAHAHAHA!

weirwoodtreehugger

I don’t care what you think! I’m totally going to prove I don’t care by coming in here and telling you how much I’ve concluded I don’t care after I spent two days thinking about my not caring!

Wehuntedmorepeoplefromourwebsite

“You don’t fit in here. We don’t want you. Nobody here wants you. You said you’d skip so fucking skip. Why is “nobody wants you” not getting through your thick skull?”

How do you know? Both wrt to your suggestion and that I do not get it?

“Mackey, I will put in a vote for you to be allowed to stay, but only if you admit that when you were complaining about your comments being in moderation, they weren’t.”

Of course they were.

“Enormous mendacious disembodied anus…”

Like that one 😉

“Fuck off, troll. This is a mockery blog, not a niceness blog. You’re not wanted and you’re just proving again that you’ve no respect for boundaries. Keep this up and your comments will just get deleted.”

Why? Did I offend anyone? Did I say “Fuck off, troll.”? Did I forget to mock anyone?

“Just the fact that it took two days to make one post saying they’re leaving, then 30 minutes to fail the landing. It’s like watching someone psyche themselves up for twenty minutes to attempt a cartwheel or something, then they immediately fall on their ass”

Sometimes I really don’t care, it is not like comments on Internet blogs are really important. Sometimes I just can help myself 🙂

kirbywarp

I guess it’s the Mackey Hour again. Tune in for your one or two smug comments, then sit back and wait til tomorrow for any sort of response.

Of course they were.

Briefly, perhaps. You can tell because above your comments in italics there would be a little “this comment is awaiting moderation” message.

However, by the time I arrived here, there were no comments of yours that I missed when reading through the thread the first time. So no, when you were complaining about moderation, there was none.

And making the long and tedious hike back to your original point, no, the comments I read did not excuse your first post as you claimed they would.

Now, how about finding a more interesting subject to troll with than “you are all so mean, but it’s not like I care about comments or anything, which is why I keep coming back to make one more post,” hmm?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Oh dear, he peed on the rug again.

kirbywarp

I think the long delays in commenting are for him to go out and refill his bladder…

Robert
Robert

Thebewilderness – thanks so much for the Kokomo. I am in a pharmacy trying to get my son’s prescription filled (long story), and I think it’s the first time I’ve laughed out loud in hours.

Mackey – how can we miss you when you won’t go away? Then again, we won’t even if you do.

Kirbywarp,

Where should I upload the screen shot?

@Mackey:

Any image sharing service would do. There are plenty. How about imgur? Or tinypic or something. You’d be aiming for a screenshot that confirms you had comments still in moderation by the time I posted this comment, not just any old screen shot of a comment in moderation. That happens to every new commenter.