#gamergate a woman is always to blame antifeminism doubling down douchebaggery entitled babies feminism harassment homophobia imaginary oppression irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny

Former-#GamerGate-r (and continuing douchebag) Internet Aristocrat fights WAM! with slurs, abuse, dumb photoshops

Internet Aristocrat: Fighting corruption with targeted abuse
Internet Aristocrat: Fighting “corruption” with targeted abuse

YouTube garbage blabber Internet Aristocrat — you know, the guy that helped to kick off #GamerGate with the first video attacking Zoe Quinn but who’s since broken from the “movement” for reasons — has been working himself into a lather over Women, Action & the Media’s Twitter reporting initiative.

So he’s decided to take a principled stance against this terrible threat to free speech — or at least free speech that includes targeted abuse and bigoted slurs — by posting a series of detailed, logical essays elucidating the dange …

Nah, who am I kidding. He responded by posting a series of inane photoshopped images on Twitter and calling WAM! Executive Director Jaclyn Friedman a, well, it starts with a c.

Here’s his photoshopped pic of one of WAM!’s webpages, with testimonials from assorted feminists turned into jokes about poop and patriarchy:

Click for larger version. Not an actual page on WAM!'s website.
Click for larger version. Not an actual page on WAM!’s website.

Here’s his photoshopped picture of Anna Holmes, a member of WAM!’s board of directors, sitting on a toilet:

intaristholms

And here he’s combined an attack on WAM! with a weird misogynistic attack on … Anita Sarkeesian’s collaborator on Feminist Frequency, Jonathon McIntosh, a frequent target of IA’s abuse.

intaristmcintosh

This little bit of photoshop wizardry inspired one of IA’s followers to concoct an even worse photoshop disaster featuring McIntosh, working some extra racism and homophobia into the mix.

While IA continues his, er, protest — his Twitter timeline is currently filled with puerile, slur-filled personal attacks — there are other more heartening reponses to WAM!’s program. Here one concerned #GamerGater warns his comrades not to let evil SJW’s “trap” them by … luring GGers into abusing them.

trap

The logic here is a bit absurd. If you’re abusive on Twitter, or anywhere, that’s your fault, not the fault of someone “provoking” you through the devious strategy of asking you questions. But the effect of warnings like this may be that GGers will think twice before abusing people. Thus cutting down on abuse on Twitter.

Hey, I’ll take it.

FULL DISCLOSURE: WAM! is awesome. Jaclyn Friedman is awesome. Fuck you.

Harry Thornton

I heard about this “InternetAristocrat” guy around 3-4 years ago, when he trolled the “Commentary Community.” (If you want a basic idea of what that community was like, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGyVBVZmZA ) He’s been doing this kind of shit for years, under other names, such as “GamesGoodMeBad”, and “Jim81Jim”. If you’re morbidly curious, you can find some of his old videos if you search around on youtube and other sites. Here’s a great post on reddit talking about what he’s done: http://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/2hyrcy/best_new_twitter_account_to_come_out_of_gamergate/ckxaqk2

Faint Praise
Faint Praise

I love that Internet Aristocrat’s followers can’t tell photoshopped jokes from reality, and call it “Poe.”

That’s not Poe. That’s delusion. You’ve convinced yourself feminists are caricatures, so that even vile stuff like IA’s seems real. They accuse feminists of humorlessness but their rage prevents them from seeing obvious (terrible) jokes.

titianblue
titianblue

David, you’ve got a typo. I think you meant “bigoted slurs” not “bigoted sluts”. Ironically, your typo is a bigoted slur …

Harry Thornton

P.S, one of the people he did a video on, spax3, wasn’t much better. Here’s a reddit post from a former friend of his on a /r/GamerGhazi post of a reupload of his video on him: http://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/2izzjy/internet_aristocrat_in_2009_turns_out_he_was/cl7gdvn

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

I still laugh at gamergators promoting free speech, since their most coherent goals are (a) NO WOMEN ALLOWED and (b) SJWS SHUT UP! And there is nothing free-speech about trying to claim that people with different politics than you reviewing games is journalistic corruption that requires a coordinated harassment campaign to deal with.

Also, fucking freezing rain, man. I was sliding on the pavement trying to scrape my windows clean when I thought to check to see if work was closed. And yes, it is delayed for “nonessential” staff.

I’m a researcher on flex time. I have decided that applies to me. But I don’t know if it will be much better at 10 am–it hasn’t gotten above freezing in a week.

weirwoodtreehugger

There’s only one adult I know of that has complained about having to wipe their own ass. And it’s not a feminist. It’s Roosh.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

I’m trying to wrap my head around that “Sitting in the bog with pants on” ‘shop and failing. Is she only in the bathroom to escape the kids for a few minutes? Does IA not know that you’re supposed to remove your pants before taking a shit? Do her jeans have a secret buttflap? Do jeans with secret buttflaps even exist? Why are my ears bleeding?

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner
Ellesar

So his way of ‘satirising’ WAM is to doa load of toilet ‘jokes’?! Sorry, I have to say it again – is he a child or just behaving like one?

Lea
Lea

Uh-huh.
Well.
I guess he…told…them?

People like this think they are clever.
That still blows my mind.

Charles Montgomery Burns
Charles Montgomery Burns

It’s somewhat ironic that not only his name, but also his worldview is outdated by about 200 years.

schwadevivre

Cue sick joke about “the (Internet)Aristocrats” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats

The “activists” whining about women/games/journalism/Cheetos/basements have actually moved beyond self parody.

becausescience
becausescience

Isn’t Gamergate’s own mascot’s slogan “Shut up and play!”? Kinda hard to claim you’re fighting for free speech when your mascot is telling people to shut up.

sparky
sparky

So he photoshopped a picture of a member of the board of directors or Women, Action, & the Media sitting on the toilet, and this is supposed to be “cleaning up corruption in videogame journalism?”

And it’s “baseless accusation” that “gamergate members love Jack Thompson?” Wasn’t it just yesterday that they were celebrating Thompson as a champion of free speech, or something? Weren’t they just calling him “based” (which is supposed to be a good thing) just yesterday?

Do they listen to themselves? Do they actually think about what they write and post?

davidknewton
davidknewton

I was pointed to this Gamergate-approved recommendation list today: http://t.co/cwbhrdEOxI . http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6859671/ . There’s a definite theme among the games there, and I’ll give you a clue – it’s not about quality or ethics.

chaltab
chaltab

I have no idea what Internet Aristocrat thinks he’s proving with this juvenile BS but then I was stuck on the ‘bigoted sluts’ typo for two minutes trying to make sense of that sentence.

Plaats

@davidknewton – I can’t think of anything more ethical than refusing to play games from people who don’t support GG.

“Matt Roszak supports GamerGate. According to him, he just wants to make videogames without the risk of backlash just because of politics.”

Replace “Matt Roszak supports GamerGate” with “Zoe Quinn does not support GamerGate” and see how amenable they’d be to that excerpt.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@davidknewton:

It’s a nice racket they’ve got going. Anything remotely related to a political group must therefore be politics, which means they must not be a part of any game criticism. Therefore, QED, since feminism exists as a political movement, you aren’t allowed to talk about gender in games.

Ow. My brain.

Does that mean that, since #gamergate is basically a political movement, this list embodies exactly what they wish to fight? A list of games approved by their political relations to a topic rather than by merit? If they had any credibility whatsoever, they’d be honor-bound to fight themselves.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

… There’s a #NotYourShield on Twitter whose profile says “Resident house [racist slur I’m not typing] of GamerGate.” I think I’m done with Twitter for today.

DJG
DJG

This is one of those rare moments when I am tempted to emulate Kevin Thompson from *Daria* and confuse Aristocrat with Aristocat.

ikanreed
ikanreed

@M

That’s fairly typical 4chan “self”-deprecation going on there.

weirwoodtreehugger

Proof that gamergater “oppressed nerds” have much in common with the macho dudes they complain about being bullied by.

vbillings

Poopy butt jokes? IA is either actually a child or never matured past seven. But that’s true for most GGers, too.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

On that Gawker thread, Miz Jenkins immediately comes in to support the rapey frat bros. I remember her from Jezebel – did she eventually get banned? She used to troll a bit less obviously, I guess she’s decided that subtlety is too much effort.

Also, frat bros in my homeland? No thanks. I say we punt them all into the North Sea.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

No True Gamergater?

chaltab
chaltab

@weirwoodtreehugger

Kind of makes me glad my graduate residency got moved from Edinburgh to Lisbon. Though I’m sure there are creepy Portuguese frat-bros too.

Pocket Nerd

SNRK @ the first photoshop citing “free bleeding” as a stereotypically feminist thing. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen misogynists citing their own false-flag straw-feminist campaigns as examples of why feminists are horrible. I’m just surprised IA didn’t include a whine about #EndFathersDay as well (which several gamergits have thrown at me as proof that feminists hate men and manhood).

tedthefed
tedthefed

One of the descriptions of a game from that Approved By GG game list says that a designer was “forced into self-censoring.”

I can’t get around that. Forced into self-censoring. Blatantly writing it as something bad while also making it clear that no one forced anyone to do anything, and also there wasn’t any censorship.

Kootiepatra
Kootiepatra

[CW: violence]
This seems to be something that internet dudebros have a super hard time grasping. I was on an image site one time, where one of the current popular gifs were two people obviously fighting and behaving poorly towards each other, culminating in one of them clobbering the other. Like, not in a joking way. Like in a, “Uh, did that person have to go to the ER, and why the crap are we laughing at this” way.

I said something to the effect of how wrong this was. Several different dudebros commented back at me, “Well, okay, yeah, he got out of control, but he was really angry.”

Uh, yeah…? But being really angry doesn’t justify committing assault. And having a concept of morality is kind of exactly for those situations when you really, really want to do something wrong, but should restrain yourself anyway. Just because someone else “provokes” you — even assuming that they are being a genuinely awful person — does not mean you get a free pass to be awful yourself.

It’s disheartening how many people refuse to get this.

Bina
Bina

And he stretched her horizontally and lopped off the top of her head, too. No doubt in a desperate effort to make her fit his image of “what a feminist REALLY looks like”.

Dude really needs to give Dolly Parton back her wig, BTW.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

I take it that this guy is one of… The Aristocrats?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Isn’t forced into self-censoring just “thought about saying something, realized it would piss people off, didn’t say it”? Which is something that most people who weren’t raised by rabid wolverines do all the time? And a good thing, because we live in a society and ugh, why is it even necessary to explain this to these guys, no wonder they don’t have any friends.

Crissa
Crissa

Shantae is gater approved? Yuck. And it was one of the first crowdfunded projects I supported. There aren’t alot of games with female protagonists… The new game has her a little lighter, but isn’t it the same art director as before? Heck, I suppose Ebony should be on the ‘gater list, as they’ve found themselves propagating lighter-is-better accidentally? It happens.

Yeesh.

Michael Lindsay

Gamergate are losing people?

Does this mean some of them developed…self awareness?

Skynet, it’s alive!

pallygirl
pallygirl

Nah, Skynet has logic circuits. 😛

plutosdad
plutosdad

Wordsp1nner
I moved from Chicago to DC last year, and the most amazing thing to me is we get snow days. If there’s 2″ or so of snow we get to work from home. So awesome compared to Chicago when I only got to stay home if there was a blizzard.

I used to think most of these truly awful gamergaters were kids, but it seems obvious the active ones are adults. How much do you lack self awareness to complain about lack of ethics in reviews and then complain about “SJWs” creating reviews they don’t like or are critical of games they likem. For years gamers wanted games to be taken as a serious art form, and then are upset when they finally are taken seriously.

And yes, GGers, corruption is everywhere, in most reviews of any products. Welcome to adulthood where people disagree with you and have different goals and incentives.

Dan
Dan

This is fairly funny, I see that half the people here are saying its offensive to caricature all feminists as a single thing and the other half characterizing GG’s as a single thing. The IA is immature at times (most times to be honest) but his videos are good critiques of the hypocritical nature of Feminists and SJW’s. IA might be an insensitive piece of shit who acts like a toddler but he makes logical arguments and sheds light on all the shady shit going on in Video Game journalism. I see a lot of bitching and whining about how much of a bad guy he is which is fine considering the content of most of his videos and tweets but at the same time I don’t see how people can be so hypocritical as to compare one person to everyone involved in GG then take offense to someone comparing all the batshit crazy, hypocritical, professional victims in the Feminist movement as a representation for all of them.

sparky
sparky

An immature, insensitive, piece of shit toddler who…makes logical arguments. You realize that’s a contradiction, right?

Not all gamergaters! It’s just a few bad apples! No true gamergaters!

then take offense to someone comparing all the batshit crazy, hypocritical, professional victims in the Feminist movement as a representation for all them.

“I’m not saying all Feminists are hypocritical, ableist-slur, professional victims, just a lot of them. Most of them. Probably all of them. Hypocrites!”

Joel Mac Donald

Sorry to necro the thread but I had to write something. The first photoshop of the WAM! site is something that another human being thought of. A fellow human brain thought those words. And then typed them with hands. From a home, on Earth. Is that weird to anyone else? Am I the only one who can’t wrap my mind around it? Someone spent time making it. An what was typed really speaks to a deranged personality doesn’t it? Seriously deep insecurities.

sigh
sigh

Oh for God’s sake. Did you do no research whatsoever? Internetaristocrat deleted all his accounts after he was done with GG. This was his account after it came back for awhile after it was deleted. It is mainly assumed that it was not Jim on that account and it was hacked. That account was used mainly to troll GG after it was reactivated in case you hadn’t noticed. Sure, it might be Jim, but what evidence do you have to support that? It seems like you didn’t even know that nobody is sure if that was Jim doing the trolling. There was a lot of weird behaivior on that account that calls into question whether it was Jim. His final message to GamerGate makes it seem dubious that he would start fucking with GG, as even though he still hopes GG succeed it felt hopeless so he disconnected from it because it was “depressing”. After that statement of his thoughts on it, it seems odd that he would do this. Were you unaware of all of this? Of course you were you have no idea what you are talking about.

Frostbite883
Frostbite883

sigh: Did you do no research whatsoever? Internetaristocrat deleted all his accounts after he was done with GG. This was his account after it came back for awhile after it was deleted. It is mainly assumed that it was not Jim on that account and it was hacked. That account was used mainly to troll GG after it was reactivated in case you hadn’t noticed. Sure, it might be Jim, but what evidence do you have to support that?

What evidence do YOU have that it isn’t him?

Frostbite883