#gamergate a voice for men antifeminism attention seeking entitled babies evil SJWs men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men paul elam

Men's Rights elder Paul Elam to #GamerGaters: Pay attention to MEEEEE!

I don't think you're going to make it, dude
I don’t think you’re going to make it, dude

Pity poor Paul Elam! The Men’s Rights elder has spent, by his estimation, nearly half of his life ranting and raving against the supposed evils of feminism, and for what?

The movement he claims to lead has had no tangible victories in the real world beyond sullying its own name; traffic at his website has stalled out; and his latest publicity stunt – appropriating the name of the White Ribbon antiviolence campaign for his own dubious ends – has put him and/or his allies at legal risk without garnering him much of the attention he clearly craves.

And now a bunch of video gaming whippersnappers are generating more buzz than he ever has by launching their own misbegotten campaign against the so-called Social Justice Warriors they think are trying to take their hobby away from them.

The straw that broke Elam the Camel’s back? Some GamerGater on Twitter — perhaps this fellow? — telling those who’ve worked themselves into a rage about feminists criticizing rocket scientist Matt Taylor’s shirt that “this is what GamerGate has been fighting all along.”

That was enough to send Elam through the roof of his condo — and then to his keyboard, to pound out one of his angrier rants.

What. The. Fuck. Since when did people who never noticed jack shit was happening (and still don’t notice most of it) until their hobby websites went south a few months ago, come up with the words “all along”? For that matter, “we.” …

Perhaps there are a few in the gaming community that need to hear that “all along” for some people means decades. And they would do just as well to remember that we have been dealing with flak, and a lot more than flak, working in a filthy swamp of social indifference and hostility trying to prevent there ever having been a GamerGate or Matt Taylor fiasco to begin with.

As they say, respects is earn. And Elam, an old hand at the fine art of making a great deal out of nothing, thinks he’s earn a lot more respects than he’s getting from these vidya gaming upstarts.

I am just a guy who has been doing battle with these sociopathic fucks in one form or another for the better part of a quarter century.

Translation: PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEE!

Well, Paul, I just did. Hope this helps!

tiko72
tiko72

I tracked Paul Elam down earlier and snapped an exclusive photo the moment he saw Davids photoshop.

I think the person behind him is Dean Esmay.

Tracy
Tracy

If this crapumentary actually gets made and released, I think we should arrange a special WHTM screening… even if it’s just over Twitter or something. We’ll eat bon bons, burn scented candles, and sit on really, really soft chairs. Then after we can watch something even better, like The Room or Troll 2.

I will now always picture Paulie as Mario.

vaiyt

The guy who literally called gamers mass murderers in training and literally waged a legal battle to literally get video games banned.

This guy calls Anita Sarkeesian a censor and #GargleGhasters nod in agreement.

COME THE FUCK ON.

teacat1

That awkward moment when Jack Thompson is getting more love from GamerGate than Paul Elam.

I’m dying. Not sure if it’s of laughter or a deep, twisted, mournful cry for the death of irony.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I second the call for a crapfest viewing party. Needs cupcakes and…actually we’ve yet to figure out the misandry drink of choice.

Jennifer Keller
Jennifer Keller

Yesterday i saw a retweet in which Elam claimed he was going to join or lead #gamergate and was bringing an “army” to help them. I guess he heard they were looking for help on tumbler and the like because their faux revolution of bullshit and harassment was a failure or failing and he like the two numb nuts doing the Sarkessian effect mindnumbing movie which will probably never be produced wants to ‘MONITIZE” the issue or in other words get cash out of gamergaters pockets. They deserve each other.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

It’s all about the benjamins.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

In case anyone tries to claim the Jack Thompson thing was a one-off, here is a_man_in_black to the rescue:

I think it makes total sense. The #gamergators, MRAs, reactionaries, censorships = you criticize me or you don’t let me yell at you on your personal internet turf, but trying to hound people off the internet, trying to take down sites with more liberal politics, and banning on our own sites != censorship.

volt
volt

I think Davis Aurini was trying to order another skull on Amazon so he wouldn’t have to move the one skull between rooms all the time, but he forgot what skulls were called so he called them up and asked them to “send me a bone head”. Amazon sent him Jack Thompson and he just went with it.

kittehserf - MOD

volt, ROFL!

Puddleglum

@tiko72 I think you were mislead. I mean, I can see the resemblance, but damn, those beets look tasty. Elam does not look tasty. Eww, I put ‘Elam’ and ‘tasty’ in the same sentence. Twice.

I hate it when I manage to gross myself out.

Bina
Bina

Between this and “crapumentary”, it will be a wonder if I get up off the floor tonight.

BarnBurner
BarnBurner

Aside from the fun entertainment, Elam does occasionally distract feminists and put them on the defensive. WomenAgainstFeminism comes to mind and now White Ribbon…but thats about it. He runs a blog. Its just written words.

Cthulhu's Intern

From KotakuInAction:

Jack Thompson is now agreeing with us.
Welcome to the Twilight Zone people.

This should be a learning experience for them, but in their minds, they have used the power of logic so well that they have swayed Jack Thompson. They’re like bad superheroes whose power is super-rationalization.

I’m just waiting for the day in which Gamergate is pretty much over and then someone asks “What was all of that, who are you people?” and then they all look over at that guy and respond “The Aristocrats!”

weirwoodtreehugger

I vote for cosmopolitans as the misandry drink of choice because of their association with Sex and the City.

kittehserf - MOD

I’m just looking forward to when GamerGate is over, period.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

WWTH
Love your meme! XD

teacat1

@kittehserf If they can apparently survive adding Jack Thompson to their team, I’m not sure what will cause them to implode.

Of course, maybe they’ll eventually peter out if they don’t find another shirtstorm straw to grasp (they were starting to fade into the background then), but I like to think they’ll implode.

Ugh. I’m brought back to waiting for the Ron Paul Internet fan mob to end, except that actually DID end (except for a couple of stragglers as far as I can tell) because they had a time limit.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Plus the glasses will enrage the misters just because they look fancy. Cosmos it is!

pallygirl
pallygirl

Am I the only one who noticed the demographic info on Alexa for his site?

The largest percentage of traffic to his site comes from non-college-educated males accessing his site from their home.

I can only see univariate statistics, so that gender is analysed separately to education, is analysed separately to viewing location.

In this situation, it is incorrect to combine across the analyses and draw a conclusion – the data analysis that would allow us to interpret that type of multi-variable analysis is not there.

leftwingfox

Oh my god. Tiko72, I’m dying 😀

ryohji
ryohji

Wasn’t Jack Thompson also using harassing technique for his “crusade”. I remember he wrote a letter to the mother of the Houser brothers (the two founders of Rockstar Studio and the GTA games) telling her about how her sons are murdering children via their games and other obnoxious things of the sort.
Odd! It feels like I’ve recently seen something like this. But what was it again ?

friday jones
friday jones

Well, there was this shining moment in radfem herstory: https://twitter.com/jaythenerdkid/status/420252725486444544/photo/1

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Two things people should be aware of.
1, Brennan insists she is not a radical feminist.
2, There dozens of fake Brennan accounts on twitter, Facebook, and Tumble.

Plus a piece of advice. Be skeptical of just so stories.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

WTF does Brennan have to do with Gamergate, or Paul Elam?

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

@friday jones

Yes please, I would love some eggs on toast.

What? I thought we were making random non-sequiturs.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Did I forget that it was Radfems Are All Evil Bitches, Just Thought You Should Know day again? (Sigh) Have to figure out how to get those updates to stop going directly to my spam folder.

pallygirl
pallygirl

I watched tv and did some crochet and came back to this weird post from friday jones.

Is it “identify one person in a group who is viewed as problematic and use that to smear an entire group” month?

Gee, and I thought it was the MRAs who were doing that to us.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

After that bizarre thread the other day I’m blaming everything on drugs. Everyone is tripping balls and that’s why people are acting so weird, it’s the only explanation.

pallygirl
pallygirl

If this is my trip, I demand better drugs.

Boogerghost
Boogerghost

I laughed well at that picture and at the fact that “gynocentrism” is the highest listed search term leading to AVFM on Alexa. (I guess “whore” is a more competitive category.) Thank you.

In my heart of hearts I like to believe that Jack Thompson sought out Aurini and Owen, not the other way around. He was fading into an irrelevant joke, and seems just desperate enough to think aligning with these people will work out to a good career move. They took care to make him look reasonable, saying all he disapproved of was graphic sexuality and violence in CHILDREN’S video games. And never you mind whatever silly things you’ve heard about his past.

Sarkeesian’s past, on the other hand, is a free-for-all. Mind you, if the best dirt they can dig up is a publicly posted video of her arguing against advertising to young children (an argument with the support of both precedent and, interpretatively, science – their unthinking dismissal of concerns about the effects of rigid gender roles on young brains certainly ignores evidence too), well let’s just say I’m not super worried.

There is the production quality, though. That production quality. There’s always a risk they’ll win us ALL over with that.

kittehserf - MOD

It might just interest you to know, friday jones, if you’ve missed it, that there are radical feminists (though, as has been pointed out already, Brennan doesn’t claim to be one) right here on this board. So you might want to learn to read the room a bit better, perhaps. Just a thought.

proxieme
proxieme

This is completely OT, but a number of posters had expressed interest in non-MMO games that are atypical for the industry, and this one seemed like it may interest some of you:

Newt
Newt

Is the idea that Thompson is their token dissenter? So that Aurini & Owen can say “see, it’s not one of those dishonest productions that only interviews people who agree – we aim for *balance*”?

sparky
sparky

I can’t believe I’m saying, but I think Elam does have a point. He was being a raging misogynist asshole on AVFM before gamergaters were being raging misogynist assholes over “ethics in game journalism.”

I will give him that. He was a raging misogynist asshole first.

Though I don’t think that’s anything to be particularly proud of or wanting to be reminding people of or anything like that.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

A walk down memory lane with The Poor Man via C&L reminding us just who Dean Esmay is lest we forget.

Lea
Lea

He battles?

That’s rich.

Siting behind a keyboard telling men to hate women while you fleece your rubes isn’t battle.

It’s nice to see he’s so frustrated at his irrelevance, though.

Hey Paul,
You didn’t invent misogyny. You can’t take all the credit every time some dudes send death threats to women or call a bomb threat into a school. Well, you can. But, you’ll have to take credit for Elliot Roger’s too. If these upstarts need to be put in their place about riding on your shoulders then you need to tell the world that wipper-snapper stole all your press. You have worked so hard to convince men that women are less than human and deserve abuse, rape and various kinds of punishment for being women. Don’t let one guy with a gun steal your thunder. You get out there and tell ’em all that you did all his heavy lifting for him. All he had to do was believe the kind of shit you spew and pull the trigger. After all, you’ve been encouraging men like him for half a century. Your work was bound to pay off in bodies sooner or later. You really do deserve some of the credit. Don’t worry, buddy. I think your work has had an effect on the world.

Lea
Lea

I would get a Twitter account just long enough to take part in that.

Lea
Lea

Wha..?
*looks at tea cup containing only tea*
*feels a sad*

Why isn’t anyone sharing with me?

*kicks dirt*
Shucks guys. I wanna get high as Queen Kong’s twat too.

Puddleglum

Maybe it’s not that we’ve taken drugs. It’s that we’re coming down off of them, and now nothing makes any fucking sense.

Re: friday jones’ link, which has nothing to do with the article or misogyny. Yes, CB doxxed people. Doxxing people is bad. Are we done now? Can we get back to the mockery now?

paulcarlton

Who comes up with the pictures? Lol!!! Someone’s got a sense of humor. XD

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

I do love the various reactions #gamergate has been garnering from people outside their echo chamber.

Older non-misogynists and/or women.into gaming: “Shut up, assholes, I’ve been gaming longer than many of you have been alive!”

Paul Elam: “Shut up,whippersnappers, I’ve been hating women longer than many of you have been alive!”

Everybody else: “Shut up, Woody.”

Or something to that effect. I might have gotten a bit confused towards the end there.

kittehserf - MOD

paulcarlton – I think David put together the Super Paulio Brother one there. It cracked me up, too!

Falconer

@Lea:

I wanna get high as Queen Kong’s twat too.

That is an astonishingly evocative phrase, there.

Puddleglum

@proxieme, video games are never off topic. This looks freakin’ amazeballs (this is what my 14 yr old called the game).