Uncategorized

Reactionary racist woman-hating fantasy author Vox Day has some helpful advice for street harassers on how to harass more effectively

"Buck buck buh-kaw!" is not a compliment.
“Buck buck buh-kaw!” is not a compliment.

So everyone’s favorite reactionary racist woman-hating fantasy author Vox Day has weighed in on that street harassment video that’s been going around. And his comments will shock you.

At least if you’re easily shocked and have never read any of my previous posts about him.

It’s not exactly a surprise that Vox thinks that street harassment isn’t really harassment, just a bunch of “unsolicited compliments and greetings” from friendly fellows.

But Vox does have one criticism of the non-harassers. They’re not doing it right.

Specifically, they’re being too nice to the women they’re pestering.

The ironic thing is that these men have it all wrong anyhow. They’d be much more likely to get a response from her if they glanced at her and laughed, rolled their eyes, or sniffed dismissively. Street neg, one might say.

So ladies, if you’re walking down the street and some angry weirdo sniffs dismissively in your direction, don’t be surprised if you suddenly feel a strong urge to bear his children. Because sniffing dismissively is a total Alpha move.

Vox’s regular commenters had a few thoughts of their own.

“The more we ignore them, the more they want us. Amusing creatures,” Laguna Feach Fogey sniffed dismissively.

“The day the catcalls finally stop will be far more traumatic for her than the catcalls have been,” Retrenched laughed.

“The poor thing ! but in a couple of decades she will be sexually invisible and all her problems will be solved,” PjBlue added, rolling his eyes dramatically.

Several others suggested that the woman in the sexual harassment video brought it on herself by dressing like a harlot … in a t-shirt and jeans.

“In other words,” cailcorishev wrote,

clothes that show off every curve of her body to greatest effect, so that everyone who sees her can tell from a mile away just how large and perky her goodies are. If her great-grandmother could see her, she’d be scandalized that she’s going outside practically naked.

Today I Learned that wearing clothes that cover up most of your body is the same as going outside practically naked.

Jimmy jambo offered the woman some style tips.

You’re supposed to wear baggy clothes and a hoodie so no one can see your face. I suppose this is what regular women face, but the world has already changed. Men are not required to be polite to women as in chivalry so catcalls are no different than name calling.

Wait, what?

kittehserf - MOD

thebewilderness, the firm that put it out for them claimed that the white dudes were all out of shot or what they said was blurred by background noise or, or … very questionable excuses, I thought.

kittehserf - MOD

Misogynists like to pretend that “woman alone with cats” is a nightmare. It isn’t. It’s a dream.

jparsons42
jparsons42

As a well-endowed “women” (big boobs, big round ass) I do find that I tend to get a lot of unwanted sexual attention on the streets from pretty much only black men. I used to worry that noticing this made me racist, but I think it’s just an observation. (I would theoretically be just annoyed if it were white guys doing the same thing.) I *do*, however, think that the blurring out of the white doodz faces and not anybody else in the video is kind of racist. But I think it’s a good and instructive video anyway.

Sometimes I find myself daydreaming of a country of, by and for women.

Are you a sultana?

pallygirl
pallygirl
kittehserf - MOD

I have a bracelet made of “woman/girl with cat” paintings and both those are on it. πŸ™‚

jparsons42
jparsons42

I wish the Feminist Hivemind would step up and brainwash my landlord into allowing cats. πŸ™

samantha
Reply to  katz

Are you a sultana?

In my dreams I am a wild dragon rider, chief of a culture of dragon riders.

Sultana would be good, though… πŸ™‚ Why do you ask?

kittehserf - MOD

I love the Fat Cat paintings. Apparently the artist had trouble taking a big print through airport security once, because they thought it was an actual oil painting, and she had to remind them that, dude, Catherine the Great did not actually have her portrait painted with an oversized fat cat.

jparsons42
jparsons42

Hahahaha I have to wonder if she went through Russian security. They’re the worst, esp. with foreigners.

jparsons42
jparsons42

(I once almost missed my flight out of St. Petersburg because 20 min. before boarding, I was forced to rifle through an entire suitcase which had a “metal object” in it – a tin souvenier bank. There are some great stories of LGBTQ activists bringing loads of condoms into the country during the beginning of the AIDS epidemic.)

pallygirl
pallygirl

Is it bad that I misread the url as having “fart” in it?

jparsons42
jparsons42

RE: bringing loads of condoms into Russia back in the early 90s.

*Suitcase opened, condoms falling out everywhere.

??

“They’re for personal use!”

??

“Well, I’m here for three weeks!!”

Kim
Kim

@Nequam
I didn’t mind it being short, just I remember being a bit surprised when it finished all of a sudden – I guess it felt like they had planned more than they ended up doing. It’s been a while though so I don’t remember the details.

I have a few games I could be playing, but I’m on jigsaw puzzles atm. πŸ™‚

pallygirl
pallygirl

Was that you? πŸ™‚

The only funny condom story I have is not about me. A Navy work colleague was being deployed for 6 months on a land mission, and was given his kit, which included a medical bag. When he got home, he emptied out the bag on the bed. Apparently there were “a lot” of condoms which he was going to have to explain* to his wife (who wasn’t going).

* kits are standard. Condoms are given as literally prophylactics so everyone gets them, irrespective of partnership status.

kittehserf - MOD

jparsons42 – I think it was Russian security! She’s Russian herself, iirc.

pallygirl – fart is just as relevant as fat with kitties. πŸ˜€

Kim
Kim

Some kitty art that I’ve been futzing with. Not as good as the Cats in Art, but fun to do nonetheless. Models supplied by kittehserf.

kittehserf - MOD

I love Mr Hadji as a bear, especially. I always thought he looked like a little black bear in that pic. πŸ™‚

cassandrakitty

Why would some random dude’s apparent bad mood and/or hay fever issues make me want to pursue him? I guess I might offer him a tissue, if the sniffing was really bad.

@ samantha

Where I’m from a sultana is a type of raisin, so there was a moment of confusion there. Though hey, if someone wants to identify as a type of dried fruit who am I to object?

kittehserf - MOD

That’s what makes me laugh, the idea that a bloke sniffing and rolling his eyes is going to be noticed at all, and if he is, that it’s going to register as a neg (assuming the majority of women have ever heard that absurd term, which I really doubt). It’s just going to look like he’s got something wrong with him. Granted, he has, but it’ll look like “wrong” as in “unwell/drugged/not medicated” rather than “is fucking stupid misogynistic douchecanoe”.

cassandrakitty

Given that NYC seems to be heading towards an “oh shit, everything is Ebola!” panic I don’t know that wandering around sniffling in as obvious a way as you can manage is a particularly good idea right now if you live there.

Sultana would be good, though… πŸ™‚ Why do you ask?

kittehserf - MOD

Be fun to see Matt Forney try it and end up in an isolation ward, though.

Michael Lindsay

If Voxy actually stopped talking about women altogether, you know actually ignored them, that might actually be a good thing!

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

They couldn’t just make the logical step from “all this street harassment isn’t an effective pick-up technique” to “we should just go about our business and not bother women in the street”. It had to be turned into a reason to spite all women everywhere, forever.
Eye-rolling is not even a perceptible ‘neg’, so it can’t be for the women’s ‘benefit’. It just serves to reinforce the PUA’s own internalized hatred and contempt for women.

pallygirl
pallygirl

Apparently, it’s the women that should be doing the sniffing: http://www.livescience.com/28812-women-prefer-smell-of-manly-guys.html

Also, isn’t sniffing one of those non-verbal communications used by men in some cultures? So it has an extant meaning. But trust a racist not to realise that.

How on earth does one sniff “dismissively”? What are we, in a Barbara Cartland novel?

Kim
Kim

Another WHTM out and about. Model is the lovely Pan, provided by wordsp1nner

Kim
Kim

*another WHTM furrinati

pallygirl
pallygirl

Does Pan prefer their martini shaken or stirred?

What a classy boy Pan is. (And you even did the reflection. Nice.)

Ellesar

β€œThe poor thing ! but in a couple of decades she will be sexually invisible and all her problems will be solved,” PjBlue added, rolling his eyes dramatically.

I have to say I agree with this! 20 years later it is ALMOST all over for me (apart from the man half my age who said ‘hello lovely’ to me while I was walking my dogs, the man who told me he wanted to f*** me up the arse, these are 2 I remember from more recently) and I am VERY PLEASED about that. THANK YOU sexist men, for being so ageist, it really DID improve the quality of my life to have the harassment drop off dramatically once I passed my mid 20s. I feel safer, and I do not reach my destination infuriated.

titianblue
titianblue

Yep, I’m in the “sexually invisible” demographic and it’s bliss. One of the few drawbacks is that on a few occasions I am so invisble to entitled men that they push in front of me in queues or when waiting for service. And you can tell that it’s because they literally did not register my existence. I feel it’s a small price to pay for being able to walk unharrassed about town.

tfoz

Women in burqas still get catcalls.

sunnysombrera

Ellsar: meanwhile, in 20 years if not already, guys like Pjblue will whine about how ageist the 20 year old women are for not wanting to have sex with a man old enough to be her dad.

Luzbelitx

I just run into this, I’ve been laughing out loud for several minutes now…

ryeash

@Sam-I-Was

O_O pumpkin ice cream…? YES PLEASE!

My future mother-in-law brought home some pumpkin gelato that was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. I’ve been craving it non-stop since.

cassandrakitty

If you’re in the US and near a Trader Joe’s they have pumpkin ice cream.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I have a really hard time distinguishing between dismissive sniffing and complimentary sniffing.

ryeash

Ah hell, the nearest Trader Joe’s is an hour away.

At least I still have my pumpkin spice lattes. I’m so white it burns people’s retinas. I’m the white girl who shows up in the mirror to tell you all of her favorite things about fall when you say “pumpkin spice latte” into it three times. I come in two colors, and tan is not one of them. I am in the superhonkey race with Jim Gaffigan. I’m so white my autocorrect completely left “superhonkey” alone.

Speaking of which, on the race thing:

I’m what’s considered a “shawtie”–a short, thick woman with big boobs, a pretty face, and enough of an ass to get noticed. As such, I get hit on by a lot of black guys. My body type is the ideal for respect from the other guys in their peer groups, so it stands to reason. Thing is, I’ve felt threatened by black dudes maybe three times in all 9 years of getting hit on. The most recent instance of getting hit on–Tuesday–some guy tried to pick me up with the promise of weed (I smoke to maintain pain and mental symptoms). I told him I had some good waiting at home with my man, and he was like “That’s what’s up. Nice to meet you.” He hangs around the building I have my DBT group in, so I’ve seen him once or twice but never got a chance to talk to him.

Conversely, I turned down a white guy by saying “I don’t have time for this” to his cheesy pickup line IN THE DOORWAY OF A LIBRARY, and he and his friends followed me out to the parking lot making jokes about my appearance and, yes, raping me. They even tried to block my car when I was trying to leave, so I threw it in neutral and slammed on the gas and laughed at them diving to either side to get out of my way. Fuckwads.

Again, it’s anecdotal, but still–racist morons are so off-base.

ryeash

Bonus funny story about how fucking white I am:

I went to an outdoor concert without sunscreen while I was working at Red Lobster. I had to work the next day, and I finally started introducing myself to tables with “Welcome to Red Lobster, I am your red waitress” to cut down on time.

cassandrakitty

But they also have pumpkin bread and scone mixes, and pumpkin joe joe’s, and pumpkin ground coffee, and pumpkin oatmeal, and…

I quite like pumpkin, but I think TJs may have gone just a teeny bit overboard with this seasonal thing.

ryeash

I work at Starbucks, so I totally get the “pumpkin overload” thing. We have pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread (with pepitas, so actually it looks delish), the pumpkin spice latte of course (which I tried recently and it’s AWESOME), pumpkin muffins…oy. I love pumpkin so much that I don’t even care.

BTW fellow pumpkin lovers, I have a pumpkin spice pepita butter recipe that is out of this world.

Falconer

Only twenty-four more hours of pumpkin in everything, then it’s cranberries in everything.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

One time when I was groped in public is wasn’t a white dude. One time.

ryeash

Whoever came up with cranberries in everything is a sadistic bastard.

cassandrakitty

When you bite into a food item that has cranberries where you weren’t expecting them it’s like your scone is sneering at you and saying “fuck you”.

ryeash

@Shaun

I was molested in public by one of the big, bald white dudes that occupy every metal concert. Another pulled down my shirt and groped my breasts. Another pinched my ass when I was walking by so hard that it left a bruise. Yet another pulled down my shirt and groped me.

And then there were the ones who raped me. Fuck, come to think of it, I have had some terrible experiences with white dudes.

Black dudes mostly just complement my curves and my shoes and get on with their lives. There was one guy I lived near in Madison who hacked up bikes and made them into cooler bikes. He had his grandsons over, and one holla’d at me. His grandpa reamed him so hard, and I’m just walking on trying not to giggle.