Uncategorized

Reactionary racist woman-hating fantasy author Vox Day has some helpful advice for street harassers on how to harass more effectively

"Buck buck buh-kaw!" is not a compliment.
“Buck buck buh-kaw!” is not a compliment.

So everyone’s favorite reactionary racist woman-hating fantasy author Vox Day has weighed in on that street harassment video that’s been going around. And his comments will shock you.

At least if you’re easily shocked and have never read any of my previous posts about him.

It’s not exactly a surprise that Vox thinks that street harassment isn’t really harassment, just a bunch of “unsolicited compliments and greetings” from friendly fellows.

But Vox does have one criticism of the non-harassers. They’re not doing it right.

Specifically, they’re being too nice to the women they’re pestering.

The ironic thing is that these men have it all wrong anyhow. They’d be much more likely to get a response from her if they glanced at her and laughed, rolled their eyes, or sniffed dismissively. Street neg, one might say.

So ladies, if you’re walking down the street and some angry weirdo sniffs dismissively in your direction, don’t be surprised if you suddenly feel a strong urge to bear his children. Because sniffing dismissively is a total Alpha move.

Vox’s regular commenters had a few thoughts of their own.

“The more we ignore them, the more they want us. Amusing creatures,” Laguna Feach Fogey sniffed dismissively.

“The day the catcalls finally stop will be far more traumatic for her than the catcalls have been,” Retrenched laughed.

“The poor thing ! but in a couple of decades she will be sexually invisible and all her problems will be solved,” PjBlue added, rolling his eyes dramatically.

Several others suggested that the woman in the sexual harassment video brought it on herself by dressing like a harlot … in a t-shirt and jeans.

“In other words,” cailcorishev wrote,

clothes that show off every curve of her body to greatest effect, so that everyone who sees her can tell from a mile away just how large and perky her goodies are. If her great-grandmother could see her, she’d be scandalized that she’s going outside practically naked.

Today I Learned that wearing clothes that cover up most of your body is the same as going outside practically naked.

Jimmy jambo offered the woman some style tips.

You’re supposed to wear baggy clothes and a hoodie so no one can see your face. I suppose this is what regular women face, but the world has already changed. Men are not required to be polite to women as in chivalry so catcalls are no different than name calling.

Wait, what?

freemage

Jimmy jambo is… not very bright, is he? I mean, that logic there… Ow.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

You’re supposed to wear baggy clothes and a hoodie so no one can see your face.

Quite right. This will totally stave off all catcalls and other forms of non-sexual non-harassment.

samantha

Who knew? Ain’t learning fun?

Emmy Rae
Emmy Rae

Obviously Vox has not tried his advice. If I hear a guy sniff, I MAY say bless you. Probably not, though. Other than that I am actively ignoring every dude on the street. You can roll your damn eyes all the way out of your head and I will not see it.

Shadow_Bee
Shadow_Bee

Sheesh, these guys are cattier about women’s outfits than celebrity gossip magazines.

So if women want to, say, walk to work, do they need to wear baggie clothes and a hoodie just so that they won’t get harrassed on their way there? But then that doesn’t exactly respect the dress code policy for many/most workplaces…so what’s the solution? And if she wants to go on a date? lol these guys would throw a fit if a woman showed up in a hoodie for their first date. I guess she has to walk there in the baggy clothes and change once she gets to her destination. Must she always carry to changes of clothes to suit whatever setting she is at that moment?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

But don’t you see, Emmy Rae? The more you ignore them, the more they want you. Amusing creatures.

grumpyoldnurse

“The more we ignore them, the more they want us. Amusing creatures,”

Please demonstrate this by ignoring all teh wimminz 4evAH!

But, they don’t stop. They have, in my experience, decreased in frequency, but they haven’t stopped. The last time some obviously Nice Guy tried to Start a Conversation with me, I was flying a kite in the park with my kids. Pretty sure he wasn’t just visiting, as he scurried away quickly when Mr. Grump came back from the loo and rejoined us. Also, the creeping starts way too early. The first time I noticed someone creeping on my daughter, she was only 3! What the Hell? Is she really going to have to wait 5 or more decades before she can expect no harassment when out in public?

You’re supposed to wear baggy clothes and a hoodie so no one can see your face.

Oh, my, how I luvs teh wizdumb here! You know what, dudebro? I do that, and have done that for over 2 decades. I still get harassed. It’s almost like the harassment isn’t a compliment, but an aggression. Also, the harassment isn’t all complimentary, either. Some men feel perfectly justified in telling women, in great detail, exactly how their appearance gives the harassers’ boners a sad. Also, why should women self-police their appearance to appease men? Do you really not see a problem here? Oops, of course he doesn’t. ::rage stroke::

Emmy Rae
Emmy Rae

I do hope to someday be catcalled by an amusing creature, like a goat or a corgi. Sadly it’s only annoying men and some very suspicious actual cats who nonetheless think I might feed them.

grumpyoldnurse

@ Shadow_Bee – Women only carry 3 changes of clothes with them at all times because they are vain and shallow!!!1!!!!11!!!!!!

/end sarcasm

grumpyoldnurse

@ Emmy Rae – I want to get cat called by a Pikachu!

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

It’s so cute that these guys and Creep Day think we desire them with them “sniffing” like dogs. Cute as in creepy.

“Rolled their eyes”
Please keep rolling your eyes, roll them far back hopefully you will see your brain back there.

Seriously if I saw a guy glancing, laughing, rolling his eyes and sniffing I’m calling an exocorist!

Shadow_Bee
Shadow_Bee

And about that quote…

“The more we ignore them, the more they want us. Amusing creatures,”

If by “ignore them” you mean “don’t catcall/harrass them in the streets”, then hell yeah. I’m much more attracted to people who aren’t total creepers.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Grumpyoldnurse
Here is your catcall

grumpyoldnurse

@ fruitloopsie – SQUEEEE!!!!!! Thank-you so much!

I needed brain bleach, as I (stupidly) clicked on David’s link to the original post and (more stupidly) started to read the comments. My unsolicited advice for the day – don’t do that!

tedthefed
tedthefed

Jimmy….Jambo…?

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

*exorcist* my bad

Shadow_Bee
Shadow_Bee

I unfortunately ignored grumpyoldnurse’s warning and read the comments too and uh. It’s the first time I see the term “vibrant” used in…the way that they use it, not sure how to describe it. It seems to have racist connotations? I don’t even want to know…

Also I DID NOT KNOW BABY GOATS WERE SO ADORABLE just just just d’awwwww

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Seconding grumpyoldnurse’s warning, unless you truly want to see people arguing that the woman only thought the “compliments” were harassment because they came from black men, or others arguing that the “compliments” were standard fare for black men addressing an attractive woman who may be a prostitute.

grumpyoldnurse

Yeah, everyone! Baby goat!! Look at the goat!!!

grumpyoldnurse

@ kirbywarp –

I hate this line of reasoning so, so badly! The argument that the woman only thought the harasser was a creep because he was the wrong kind of guy just leaves me frothing at the mouth!

“Well, you’d like it if he was handsome/white/rich/a hockey player/etc”, is one piss-poor argument.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Oh well that explains Twitter today.

And for my daily act of misandry I requested fair and equal treatment from Feminist Hivemind Central. And by fair and equal treatment I mean I asked for my share of “being a women” free money. It seems to have shattered the normal calm cool collectiveness of the Sarkeesian trolls. In related news I have sweet, sweet bitter white man tears for all. And I am not a rational or thinking person (*swoons* he almost called me a person, can I keep him?).

grumpyoldnurse

@ Shaun – have I missed another chew toy?

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Also my go to response for catcalls (when I feel safe) is “YES! Your obvious disdain for me has won my heart, let’s get married tomorrow and have lots of sex and babies! *extends middle finger*”.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Grumpyoldnurse
You’re welcome though it’s Pickachucall not catcall I guess. Yeah never ever read the comments.

Katz
So adorable

Jimmy jambo
“As a man I will share my manly wisdom to the Ladiz…”

Shaun DarthBatman Day

It was on Twitter.
He kept repeating himself. I called him tedious.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

I could copy paste if y’all like!

Bonelady
Bonelady

Mr Day uses “vibrant” in a consistantly sarcastic manner to refer to diversity, and his followers (who call themselves the “Dread Ilk”, btw) slavishly imitate him. This is an excellent example of people finding their own level. Basically, if a person is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc, Mr Day is the blogger for him. Scary/ disgusting.

Robert
Robert

Shadow Bee – yes, that term (vibrant) is a dog whistle for PoC. I do not understand the thought process behind it.

Shouting goat for the win.

I used to witness catcalling and wonder to myself ‘dude, does that ever work?’ Now that I know what it’s actually supposed to accomplish, I realize that it _does_ work. Unfortunately.

grumpyoldnurse

Ah, well then! A Twitter troll you can keep, if you really want to. It’s just the last few that came through here left such a nasty mess on the rug! Though, it was fun watching the one get told what an adjective is.

Robert
Robert

Shaun – please do. I could use some point-and-laugh today.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Speaking of fair and equal petitions to FHC can I get feminist misandry laws passed forcing Vox Day to misanderingly have to change his last name to protect the sanctity of mine?

grumpyoldnurse

Sounds reasonable, Shaun. Maybe his new moniker could be Dim?

Shaun DarthBatman Day

I don’t know how to Twitter paste, I thought that would bring them all up.

Lea
Lea

So if you dress to obscure the fact that you are a woman, men might treat you with a tiny bit of respect? How nice of them. I don’t know why I never thought of passing as male if I want to avoid sexism. Silly me.
>.<

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Well, Vox Day is right about this one. They certainly would get a response. The content of that response, however, is probably not what they’d like. That is, if the woman in question actually interpreted the rolling scoff laugh as a neg.

Which, honestly, I doubt would happen very often. Pretty sure women aren’t wandering around constantly worrying about how attractive they are to other people. So when Mr. Alpha man scoffs his laugh rolls, the first thought would probably be “the hell is his problem” rather than “oh no I have failed to live up to his high expectations of beauty I must get in his pants.”

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Don’t take that one. Someone hack my twitter and do this for me.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Basically troll stated that GG gave 70 thousand dollars to feminists. Was debunked. Kept saying this and was deeply wounded that he was disbelieved. I mocked, people engaged and we further mocked. Then troll twitted that Anita took all the money. I responded with poise (facts) and grace (mocking). He repeated twittings and was aggrieved that I was not baking him cookies. I said I muted him, he called me legbeard.

evewc18

want to know something truly, truly sad? The comment threads on Hollaback’s FB page featuring this video are rife with guys trolling the women–never the men, though there are guys involved in the discussions who side with Hollaback. In a 5 hour window, I was told: 1) I must be a lesbian (people still think that’s an insult for some reason), 2) I must not have a man in my life, 3) my father must have molested me (personal fave, blocked and reported that one), 4) I looked like an ugly, overweight prostitute, 5) I’m bitter because no one ever catcalls me, and 6) I have penis envy. Also, all of us feminists were invited to kill ourselves. These comments came from multiple guys.

So: in trying to discuss a video about street harassment, in an online space designated for that purpose, virtually all of the women on the threads were subject to its internet equivalent. The trolls were insisting that we were making the problem up while they piled on the insults. The stupid made my head hurt.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Because Anita took all the feminist and all the SJW and all the free for being a women money and that is why I didn’t get my share.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

evewc18 that is appalling. May I translate from troll to english for your entertainment?

Lea
Lea

The bit about how awful it will be for a woman to be sexually invisible is so creepy because he cannot even consider women existing as anything other than sex props. Who wants to be “sexually visible” on a public street? Physically being on the street where someone else’s eyes can see you is not a sexual act. If you get horny watching someone walk down the street that is you being horny not them being sexual. So fucking gross, especially when you consider that these guys harass underage girls.

Debra
Debra

Weird coincidence. I just saw this today at Lawyers, Guns and Money. Walking While Female:

evewc18

Shaun, please don’t take this as an attack: gamergate supporters have only themselves to blame for Sarkeesian’s Kickstarter exceeding its goal. The more people doxxed her and showered her with rape, bomb, and death threats, the more people who were horrified by that donated to her. The people who hate her the most are the ones who’ve created this juggernaut. She didn’t have to “exploit” anything. Her haters delivered that money and fame to her, and despite her success, I’m sure she’s prefer not to live in constant fear. I suspect the Hollaback campaign will have a similar outcome in terms of donations, and once again the trolls and haters will miss that point completely.

andiexist
andiexist

I would love to be catcalled by an actual cat. “Meow” is much more adorable from a cat than a human. And I would be more likely to take them home and feed them.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

I know. That’s exactly what I told the troll. I said that if it were still up and running I’d be donating every day.

vaiyt

See, this is where treating women as inscrutable mystery creatures takes you. “Sniff to draw the She-Beast’s attention! Don’t reason with it, it doesn’t understand human language!”

1 2 3 5