#gamergate a voice for men a woman is always to blame antifeminism evil fat fatties evil sexy ladies gross incompetence memes men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA no girls allowed sarkeesian!

Ladies, your weight is somehow a Men's Rights issue, and five other lessons drawn from six terrible A Voice for Men memes

10523683_715765021812315_1527593344116565177_n
Subtlety is not considered a virtue at AVFM

Well, I took another look at the A Voice for Men Facebook page. Lo and behold, their little meme makers have been working overtime! So here’s a little gallery of some of their latest work.

I have to admit that these aren’t quite as baffling as the John Galt meme originals we looked at a couple of weeks ago, or these also-very-confusing AVFM memes I posted last spring. But they are pretty darn terrible, in all respects.

Click on the pics to see the originals on Facebook, complete with thoughtful commentary from AVFM’s fans (except in the case of this next one, which I found reposted on an anti-MRA Facebook).

"No fat chicks" is apparently a very important Men's Rights issue
“No fat chicks” is apparently a very important Men’s Rights issue
If a guy "can't control
Wait, what? I was going to write out a clever caption for this but I’m not sure I can cover all the layers of wrongness and WTFuckery in this meme in a mere caption.
Yeah, because Marvel's male version of Thor was exactly what the ancient Norse people would have wanted.
Yeah, because Marvel’s male version of Thor was exactly what the ancient Norse people would have wanted.
No misogyny at AVFM, no siree!
No misogyny at AVFM, no siree!
Hey, a meme just for me, by AVFM meme king "John Galt." Apparently MRAs have only ever watched two movies, The Matrix and Fight Club.
Hey, a meme just for me, by AVFM meme king “John Galt.” Apparently MRAs have only ever watched two movies, The Matrix and Fight Club.

As always, if any of you are inspired to make EVEN MORE TERRIBLE AVFM memes, please post them in the comments below!

Malitia
Malitia

O.o Whut? (More “seriously”: the 1th issue of the new Thor was cool; what they try to say about fatness and emotional intelligence is not even wrong … on the others I got nothing, just ‘Whut?’)

Faint Praise
Faint Praise

AVfM tagged the Three Witches in that first photo.

“with Gloria Steinem, Hillary Clinton, Anita Sarkeesian, and Michelle Obama.”

Puddleglum

what they try to say about fatness and emotional intelligence is not even wrong

Huh?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

She’s a witch! I’m just not quite sure why her crystal ball is sweating. Perhaps the beer glass angry dude was contemplating while thinking “I’m so lonely! Why don’t women love me? I know, it must be because of the feminist witches” was the inspiration for that little detail.

The clawed hand holding the sweaty, um, ball is a representation of what proper manly hands should look like, because manicures (and basic hygeine) are for manginas.

Kane Thari

I don’t get the Thor one (actually, I don’t get all of them, but that one in particular). What are they mad about? That Thor is a woman in the comics, because really, that’s gonna last only about a run or two and I didn’t see them raise a stink when Loki was female. Or are they mad that someone photo-shopped a female Thor in an Avengers photo. Apparently, they’ve never heard of rule 63. Logic? Logic? Are you there?
Hilariously enough though, they don’t seem to have read very many Norse myths, because they’d be shocked to realized that Thor has actually pretended to be a woman and got married to a male frost giant in order to recover the stolen mjolnir and that Loki got knocked up by a giant’s horse and gave birth to Sleipnir…mythology is weird.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

From wikipedia:

The phrase “not even wrong” describes any argument that purports to be scientific but fails at some fundamental level, usually in that it contains a terminal logical fallacy or it cannot be falsified by experiment (i.e. tested with the possibility of being rejected), or cannot be used to make predictions about the natural world.

Yeah, I don’t really like the phrase, it’s misleading.

Judas Peckerwood
Judas Peckerwood

I find it infinitely disturbing that these “people” walk among us — assuming that they ever leave mom’s basement, of course.

TheTrue Pooka

I said this on my facebook about it;

“I try not to make a point of mentioning ‪#‎AVFM‬ in my feed anymore. Like Stormfront, I recognize you can only take so much of it and I respect that.
But this Fat-Shaming by AVFM is positively disgusting. Is there any group they won’t abuse and hate on in their quest to spread hatred against men, women and feminists? ‪#‎StopTheHate‬”

In case AVFM, due to being out of touch with reality missed it, women aren’t the only ones who are overweight in this country.

AVFM; please man/ women up and join us in the real world.

Malitia
Malitia

Well, I’m not the most sober but they seam to imply that “fat = beautiful” in feminist circles (as far as I can tell it’s just a denial of “thin = beautiful”) the emotional intelligence thing they seem to use it to rehearse the “women don’t love” tired meme, which has to my knowledge nothing to do with EQ.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

That is to say, I get that it means “so very fractally wrong that it doesn’t even approach basic, everyday wrongness” but that just doesn’t come instinctively. Every time, I have to parse it through and make sure it doesn’t mean, “well, you’re factually correct, but I have some nits to pick with it”.

Lea
Lea

Whoa.
Let me break this down for the MRAssholes:

What a woman decides to put in her body =/= who you decide to put your body parts in.

A woman eating a doughnut is not like men sexually harassing or assaulting women, FFS.

Ellesar

What I can’t stand, or understand, is why the manosphere clings to The Matrix and Fight Club and yet are so conservative. Fight Club make strong statements about class oppression and how capitalism fucks us all. The Matrix can definitely be interpreted as how materialism is used to dupe us. But in the manosphere these films are somehow analogous to the battle against female supremacy, when neither film touches on any kind of feminist issue at all!

(I do not believe that CP was attacking women or feminism when his deranged main character creates Fight Club, and all the other stuff – there is NO mention of ‘the feminisation of society’, but that is clearly how the manosphere have chosen to interpret it)

Karalora
Karalora

With that third one, are they trying to say that fat women are the moral equivalent of male rapists?

Not that I wouldn’t believe they actually think that…in fact they probably think fat women are morally worse than male rapists, because to these guys, morality begins and ends with boner-pleasing.

Fibinachi

I always find it mildly chuckleworthy that they, of all the things to pick, pick Fight Club.

For gods sake, it’s a love story about a man who, in an effort to chase the girl of his dreams, re-invents himself as what he thinks all women want, a primo-anarchivisit cult-leader out to destroy the world. It’s literally a movie about sacrificing everything you have for the sake of winning womanly approval, and it’s only a situation that reverses itself once the narrator half blows his own head of with a gun to destroy the part of his brain that’s Tucker Max. Hell, it’s even got that entire “We are all the people who couldn’t make it in this world, so we’re going to burn it all down and revert to a primitive state wherein we subsist as hunter-gatherers, because at least there, our insistence on masculine superiority will be somewhat useful”.

It’s the “I’m so bad at finding meaning in my life that I must resort to antagonizing the world and vowing to destroy it, because only once I dance across the ashes of all everything else hold dear can I, in my nihilism, at least pretend that I’m better than you (If I wasn’t, you wouldn’t have let me wreck all your stuff)”.

Oh, wait no, that fits perfectly.

AnonaMiss

There is, actually, a bit in Fight Club where the narrator and/or Tyler (it’s been a while) talks about how they’re a “generation of men raised by women” and implies or outright states that the whole Fight Club thing is about earning back their masculinity.

That whole movie fills me with Poe’s Uncertainty.

Ellesar

On the Fat Acceptance thing. I don’t know a lot about it, but I assume that women (and some men presumably) who accept their size rather that diet continually, etc etc are not really thinking about how men are going to feel about it. They would just rather not spend so much time worrying that they are not ‘acceptable’.

Of course the misogynists often like women to be young, thin, uneducated – it makes them a hell of a lot easier to manipulate, but there are also misogynists who call themselves Fat Admirers. I saw a vile blog from a so called FA, who clearly saw fat women as easy targets as they often have lower self esteem.

Lea
Lea

Ick at the guy who hates his wife (and thinks all other men do too) and has turned to video games specifically to feel “in control” and act out his macho power fantasies away from the evil overladies. Ick also at his melodramatic bs. He’s “retreated”? As if he is a soldier on enemy territory and all he can do is run for his very life!

Aw…did puddin have to pway him games? Did the bad wady make him pway him games? Ah, here’s a juice box, have a widdle pout and get over yourself, you toddler.

Ick at every creep who ever expects women to treat their bodies as they exist for his entertainment. So foul.

Ick, ick, ick, ick! All the ick.

How do these people think they will ever be taken seriously?

proxieme
proxieme

Fuck these guys.

I’ve been playing video games ever since I got an NES for Christmas.

It’s not a boy’s only playground.

Deal with it.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Thin does not mean healthy, and fat does not automatically mean unfit. (As if these dregs even care about women’s health…all they care about are numerical ratings and SMV)

On that last one, it looks like the little arrow is meant to be pointing from “B*tch T*ts” at John Galt’s name. I don’t think they thought that one through very carefully.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

These are hilarious….I just can’t stop laughing long enough to come up with an insightful comment!!!

Macha
Macha

So, let me get this straight. Hurting nobody but yourself is totally the same as actually hurting *another person*.

That explains a lot.

About MRAs.

weirwoodtreehugger

Is women having a higher EQ even a common feminist position? I’ve heard women say it, but not women identifying as feminists.

In fact, I would say the concept is anti feminist. It provides cover to men who want to act like assholes and assumes it’s the job of women to mommy grown men.

Bina
Bina

All that ill-thought-out vomit about the size vs. health/beauty false dichotomy is bad for my brain. So I won’t brain about it. Instead, I’ll just ask: Does that smeary M logo look grosser in blood red, or slime green? I’m having trouble deciding which.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

WWTH, I think that anything any individual woman says that they don’t like is, to them, a feminist position. :/

Lids

Ah yes, overeating and sexual assault are CLEARLY comparable. Why did I not see it before??? /sarcasm

I’m not even going to get into the fact that they correlate being overweight with overeating. I’m so done with ignorant fat shaming bullshit. Especially since they don’t care if men are overweight, only women.

littlefish
littlefish

“I’m just not quite sure why her crystal ball is sweating.”

Because Anita, like most femminist, is fridged with an icy heart.

Though that’s probably more thought than was actually put into it and with less words referring to how awful teh wimmenz is.

Bina
Bina

Teh Menz are soooo oppressed by any woman who gives their boner the sads.

Poor widdle fings.

Inez Milholland
Inez Milholland

You know, for all their whining about video games being a “male-only safe space,” these idiots sure love to troll predominantly female spaces. Like the comments section of any feminist site or NARAL and Laci Green’s posts on Facebook.

bekabot

Hugs and kisses from the MRHMyou can let go of me now, I need to go shower…”

Dear Mr. Futrelle:

They seem to harbor feelings for you which they haven’t addressed.

{end of second mash note}

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@WWTH:

It reminds me of when I was a kid and the war of genders and cooties were still a thing. Culture had taught us that boys were more intelligent in the maths and sciences, so girls needed something to be superior at as well to achieve some sort of cosmic balance. Therefore, they were the more nurturing and emotionally intelligent.

I don’t know any feminist who thinks this is a real thing beyond something culturally imposed.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

That second one has a really nicely-done stock photo.

humourlessRadicalFeminazi
humourlessRadicalFeminazi

feminism’s version of beauty comes with: sisters who will support and celebrate you, active rejection and activism against garment worker exploitation and animal cruelty, comfort and functionality, a foundational belief in your worth as a person, spare dosh. The fact that it also distresses these precious chaps who opine that 99.9% of the female population of the world aren’t good enough for their boners is the icing on the cake.

SittieKitty

Once again, AVfM showing the world that teh wommenz is not doing their job pleasing them and just using them all up! In totally clear and comprehensive ways! Not at all confusing, illogical, ill-researched, incorrect, or ill-presented. AT ALL.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

Oh yeah? Well, your position on this matter is easily refuted by the fact that cakes regurgitate Dublin Tuesday meth. Unless you have some response to this assertion, I win all the debates forever.

(I find it a useful phrase to classify certain statements that are not worth even responding to. I agree with you that the literal meaning is unintutive.)

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Waaaiiiit a second…

The image in the Fight Club one is from a scene where Robert Paulson has his first fight (I think?) and ends up winning, thus placing himself in the organization and proving his manliness. His weight and body structure never become an issue, and in fact never change IIRC.

So… David is Robert, and the MHRM is Tyler? Therefore:

1. David (by metaphor) is winning (and will win) the conflict.
2. A man’s body does not define his manliness, so the insults are completely out of place.

What a bizarrely shallow image choice.

andiexist
andiexist

I know I take nonconsenting food items and slap them on the skillet, yell about how tasty all the random food around is, before devouring my sister’s cooking project.

Oh wait, I don’t do any of those things and overeating and being fat are totally different things.

I don’t even have a sister, so I don’t know why I added that part.

humourlessRadicalFeminazi
humourlessRadicalFeminazi

@kirbywarp,

Yes, I thought that second image was great too. It undercuts their argument. Sorry “argument”! She has such assurance.

sunnysombrera

The idea of women being the emotionally intelligent ones can allow for some men to throw their weight around and be assholes, thinking that they’re not expected to consider others feelings in the same way women are expected to. Likewise, these same men can throw a tantrum when a woman says anything to challenge him or upset his bloated ego, because how dare she? She’s supposed to be thoughtful and submissive! WHAT A BITCH!!!!!

Workplace gender dynamics at their very worst, people.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

What I got out of the memes:

1. First Marriage is good and now it’s bad again? And “Listening to feeeemale opinions is too much!”

2. “Women are not pleasing my peen and that makes me sad”

3. “Women eating mcdonalds and not pleasing my peen is as bad as rape.”

4. “Women are heros! Even though there are way more heros and villans that are men, this is so mean! What about teh menz!? Women shouldn’t get anything! It’s misandry!”

5. Women have superior emotional ittelegence, Coming from men who can’t control themselves from sexual harassment, fighting and rape and think women rule the world.

Mras complain about women not knowing the difference between love and financial security but they support rape, harassment, abuse and just treating women less than trash. They are hyprocrical misognists. They don’t know what love is.

And time for music videos

6. John galt is in love with David by giving him hugs and kisses but quickly turns into a tsundere (japanese term for someone who is cold towards the person they like)

And now I need brain bleach.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

And also stop comparing pigs to rapists/harassing creeps! Will someone think of the pigs!

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

@kirbywarp

I might be reading too much into this, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the only thing they remember about Robert Paulson is that he gets shot, considering that MRAs are seemingly obsessed with murdering anybody who disagrees with them (see: JB threatening to kill David yesterday).

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

Additional: I’m sure the fact that Robert might represent fear of feminisation yet turns out to be a friend and hero to their cause – that is, one potential reading is that feminism is good for men as well – is completely lost on them.

ej
ej

“Don’t like society’s definition of beauty?”

Well, no, I don’t. Because society’s definition of beauty is unattainable without Photoshop. At least that’s true where I live, you know, that place called reality.

Also, here’s a pick-me-up: Taylor Swift shutting down John Cleese after he makes an insulting joke about women (and cats).

humourlessRadicalFeminazi
humourlessRadicalFeminazi

@M,
…while probably forgetting that Robert’s death was the catalyst for him starting to actively work against tyler’s cult. Interesting that militaristic obedience is seen as hypermasculine in that film and independent thought as weakness. Though if you start thinking, the next thing you know, you start feeling. It’s a slippery slope.

SittieKitty

@fruitloopsie

Marriage has always been bad. Because it’s now Modern Times and feminism has ruined the world. If you get married now you’re a beta loser who is going to be cuckolded, spermjacked, divorced, have all your money stolen, and have to pay alimony and child support for the rest of your life, and potentially be put in jail on your ex-wife’s say so for reasons. They’re really just advocating for a return to Biblical marriage times, when women were property and you could do what you wanted without them having any ability to protest…

Actually, I’ve just been reading a massive I HATE EVERYTHING condemnation of fifty shades that someone linked me, and it kinda sounds 100% exactly like an MRA fantasy/handbook… (Disclaimer: I’ve never read the book, and after reading several of these recaps by different people, I never will.)

Also;

“Women eating mcdonalds and not pleasing my peen is as bad as so much worse than rape.” FTFY.

Inez Milholland
Inez Milholland

Ah good ol’ emotional intelligence. Code for, “women must be perfect, submissive little door mats who think of every one else other than themselves.” Enter female professionals forced to remind their subordinates and/or clients that no, they are in fact NOT mommy, could you please STOP treating me like mommy?

Anyone watch Downton Abbey? Mrs. Hughes had a great line in the ep that just aired, “If only men worried about our feelings as much as we’re required to worry about theirs.”

kittehserf - MOD

Ellesar:

Easy, because the manosphere is so incredibly stupid.

Also context is for manginas.

I’ve read of that being a rape tactic favoured by footballers (yes, those big, strong, manly AFL types who apparently all the HB10s adore) here.

humourlessRadicalFeminazi:

WIN! 😀

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Some of john galt’s memes before I added some stuff of my own to them.

lacerta viridis

I have a horrible cold and haven’t felt like eating anything all day, but now I think I’m going to go eat a doughnut just for these guys. Hell, if getting fat will keep MRAs far away from me I’ll eat a box of them a day.

Also I can’t even tell who’s supposed to be hugging who/talking to who in the last one.

SittieKitty

Something confuses me about the overeating=rape thing though. The premise is overeating is just like sexually assaulting someone, and they’re saying to stop shaming people who sexually assault someone because OMG MEN ARE JUST ANIMALS EVEN THOUGH WE’RE MRAS MMMMKAY??? But they’re still ALSO saying to fatshame…

So, to sum this poster up, overeating = sexual assault, but it’s not men’s fault that happens, they just can’t control their urges, silly menz, so don’t shame them for it since you don’t shame fat people, oh, but also shame fat people because ew gross fat people are ugly for my boner…? THIS POSTER MAKES NO SENSE (not that it really did before but it’s not even internally consistent…)

1 2 3 5