a new woman to hate actual activism antifeminism attention seeking dark enlightenment davis aurini dudes who look like anton lavey empathy deficit entitled babies grandiosity mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny patronizing as heck PUA racism reactionary bullshit red pill

Woman-hating Internet losers attack Malala Yousafzai for … not being a good enough advocate for girls and women

malala

Return of Kings contributor “Billy Chubbs,” whose previous contributions to the wisdom of the ages include posts titled Men Should Not Help Sluts, Bangable Women Can Still Be Gross, and Unmarried Older Women Need To Go Away, has outdone himself in the awfulness department with a post this week attacking 17-year-old Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai as “A Coward And A Hypocrite.”

Apparently inspired by Chubbs’ bold move, the Sarkeesian-hating, Anton LaVey-looking far-right nitwit Davis Aurini has junped on the bandwagon with his own blog post dissing Malala.

We’ll get to him in a minute. But first, Chubbs.

It’s hardly surprising that a writer for a site that portrays women as emotionally immature, intellectually inferior, and “inherently terrible people” would have a problem with a young woman known around the world for her courageous advocacy on behalf of education for girls.

But Chubbs attempts to portray himself as a true defender of “oppressed girls in crappy countries” and an enemy to “anti-female extremists.” Yes, that’s right: a man who has described young women as “society’s mobile sperm banks” and single women over 30 as “unappealing and repulsive … hoebags” is trying to pretend that he’s better advocate for girls’ and women’s rights than Malala Yousafzai.

His evidence that Malala is a “coward and a hypocrite?” The fact that she has not returned to Pakistan since being literally shot in the face by a Taliban assassin.

The reason the Taliban shot Malala in the head was to send a message that they would attack girls who wanted to get a western-style education. …

Getting shot in the head is pretty extreme, and I could respect Malala if she took it and continued to live in Pakistan. But she ran. She gave up. The extremists won unequivocally …

Malala has done more harm than good to oppressed girls in crappy countries. She says books and education are what we need to change the world, then proved that completely untrue after she ran away when a man with a gun fired a bullet into her.

Yes, what a coward for “running away” after a guy shot her in the face, say Billy Chubbs, a dude who claim to fame in the world is writing clickbait blog posts attacking women, under what I assume is a pseudonym, on a website run by a professional pickup guru who feels resentful that he has to wipe his own ass in order to appeal to women.

Malala has been an activist for education and against the Taliban since the age of 11, when she started writing a blog for the BBC on life in the Swat district of Pakistan, then under the control of the Taliban. A tireless advocate for girls while still a girl herself, she started receiving death threats, some slipped under her door, after her identity was publicly revealed. In 2012 she was shot in the face in an assassination attempt.

And Chubbs — who lives in Canada, and who is unwilling to even post a real picture of himself on the internet — thinks she’s a coward for not returning to Pakistan — where she was shot in the face, and where bookstores won’t even stock her book because of threats from the Taliban.

And he also seems to think that she’s “lucky” for being able to move to England.

Malala was lucky that she was co-opted for an agenda and was given a great place to live in the western world, because while she is touring the globe, advocating girls rights to education, those same girls are the ones forced to continue to live in places where they can be hurt and killed for trying to attend school.

And what were the “lucky” circumstances that led to her relocation to England? Oh yeah, she was shot in the face in a country without the medical infrastructure necessary to treat the injuries she received from being shot in the face.

Chubbs also throws in some old-fashioned imperialist arrogance and racism into the mix:

While Malala was laughing, playing and enjoying the safety of receiving an education in a predominantly white country found upon Christian morals, school girls in Africa were being kidnapped. …

So yes, never fear you ladies of the 2nd and 3rd world. You, too, can brave all those bad men and receive an education: so long as there are prosperous countries founded upon and still more or less exercising European Christian morals that still exist for you to run to (and which you can afford to run off to in the first place), and that you’re willing to be a hollow mascot for the powers that be in those countries.

At one point, Chubbs actually belittles her for … reading books:

Instead of reading text books and trying to fill her head with words, Malala would have been better served to take that textbook and hold it in front of her head to try and stop the bullet.

That doesn’t even make a tiny bit of sense.

Davis Aurini, meanwhile, has weighed in with an equally ridiculous, if not quite as outrageously offensive, attack on Malala for her … alleged unoriginality.

In Aurini’s view, Malala is a mere “youngling,” and a copycat of “Civilized” Western ideas. who doesn’t deserve the Nobel Prize or the money that comes with it.

[F]or the most part, love ‘em or hate ‘em, the past recipients have at least made their mark on history. With few exceptions, they’ve all walked a dangerous path and stayed committed to their cause, and they’ve brought forth intellectual and political blossomings that were unprecedented. They’ve all been inventors.

You cannot say the same for Malala Yousafzai.

Thus far in her life, she’s been little more than a poster child for the prevailing superstitions of our times.  Arguing that women should be allowed to read books is not revolutionary when you live in Britain, and while it may be brave for a girl in Pakistan to make such statements, they’re still not creative in nature; she’s merely channelling the culture of the Civilized West, repeating words that were written by others.

This from a guy whose main claim to, er, creativity consists of this “film.”

So brave, dudes. So brave.

ikanreed
ikanreed

Look, if you want my respect, women, you’re going to have to fix all the worlds’ problems, no matter the personal cost.

Men, on the other hand: ya’ll are good, I respect you even if you get accused of rape, because women are all liars.

Karalora

They just can’t stand that a brown Muslim girl has accomplished ten times more for herself and the world by age 17 than they ever will in their lifetimes.

hellkell
hellkell

Way to punch down, dudes. These guys have never done one brave thing in their lives and never will.

K.R. Syncanna

Clearly these men hiding behind their screens know all about bravery and being shot in the face.

ikanreed
ikanreed

@hellkell, how dare you make light of the bravery of standing up to feminists with opinions?!?

beegees
beegees

@hellkell, You forgot their bravery in speaking out for the menz, as no-one in our evil matriarchy ever thinks or speaks out for the menz.

beegees
beegees

Ah ninja’d.

Luzbelitx

Wait, what?

textbook… her head… stop the bullet

Is this guy by any means a fan of really bad action movies? Maybe a fan of Aurini himself?

cassandrakitty

This argument would make more sense if I wasn’t pretty sure that the author, much like the Taliban, would prefer if girls didn’t attend school.

Luzbelitx

*pet the Blockquote Mammoth* Here, darling, have another quote.

Sarah
Sarah

How long ’till they add one or another denigrating form of objectification?

ikanreed
ikanreed

I have a theory Luzbelitx.

Fiction-as-reality is a really common things for these guys. Atlas Shrugged as economics textbook, space-operas as science lessons, action movies as self defense classes. Vacuous, viscous harpies from comedy television as how women work.

cassandrakitty

Also, “youngling”? Maybe Anton the Younger should read some books written after 1900, it might help him to update his vocabulary.

anemonerosie

Brave Sir Chubbs: Hey! I get shot in the face too! I was playing CoD and I totally got shot in the face! I know what it’s like!

The poor dears are so brave. Just so, so brave, to face the Canadian wilds of roving women. It’s just astounding how brave they are, to see women every day.

sunnysombrera

Awwwww, the MRA’s are jealous. Because a young girl who spoke out despite a very real threat of violence (before and after she was shot) has gained more praise than a bunch of dudes who whine and harass despite a very imaginary threat of having their human rights taken away.

naira8

Aren’t we forgetting the horror of feminists with boxcutters?

Leah
Leah

Karalora, you are right, the grapes are so obviously sour. I’m sure Chubbs would’ve respected Malala if she had returned to Pakistan after miracously surviving the gunshot, because then she’d be almost as fucking BRAINDEAD as him. Almost.

cassandrakitty

I dunno, Leah. She was more literate at 11 than he is now, I think writing as poorly as he does may require special training.

GinnyN

Oh… for… ARGH.

If god decided to create the worst things possible god totally succeeded.

Oh, and the fact Malala is safe? The talibans throw two airplanes in American Soil if they can’t remember that. The only way for her to be really safe is to stop speaking at all.

This guys should be in a Zoo, in a display saying “Everything wrong in humanity in one package”.

Cartoon Villains are real.

Lids

Well I for one am ECSTATIC to hear the opinions of men who hate women and think harassment is activism. Clearly these men who have never put themselves forward in any way that wasn’t entirely selfish and safe for them are much better at being brave than her. So glad the MRM could change my entire outlook /sarcasm.

Well whatever. Malala has more bravery and kindness in her left thumb than the entire men’s rights movement has altogether.

jbgarner58

I can only state was has been stated and everyone knows to be true: These so-called-men have no room to talk until they’ve taken a bullet to the face for their beliefs and then kept to those beliefs. Until then, kindly shut the hell up.

Bina
Bina

No, that would have happened if she’d DIED. Guess these guys think she’d be more useful as a mere martyr to the cause of female literacy. Sure says a lot about the real esteem in which PUAssholes hold women, eh?

Yeah, Billy, you can go collect your prize over there on the right. Sadly, it’s not a Nobel.

Luzbelitx

@ikanreed and don’t forget sticoms.

But only for women. We all know how stereotypical and offensive their representation of men is…

batcatmonday
batcatmonday

They’re actually mad at her for not going back to a place where she’s likely to be assassinated. It’s like they want her to die. The sheer audacity of these woman-hating assholes exploiting the oppression of girls to write this hateful, hypocritical garbage is just… I would say astounding, but I’m honestly not surprised at all.

greebo
greebo

How fucking stupid can these dudebros be? I’d bet one bite from a bull and and that ignorant as a baby would be out for two hours with an icepack and stingoes. These are dudes who think feminists who critique video games are ‘literally teh worst’ and that tumblr SJ Ws are a serious threat to society, yet Malala gets shot in the face and she’s not hardcore enough… Dudebrahs so whiny and oversensitive that they spit the dummy and shit the bed over their sacred cow (vidja) being touched by a carrier of girl cooties. Smh.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

You know, Chubbsy here might actually have a point.

If Pakistan were in a different dimension.

Sadly it is not, so all of the speeches Malala gives and all the courage she demonstrates actually have an impact on Pakistan without her being required to stand in front of a gun again. The petition she’s started has been signed on by millions, and she’s been fundraising to put money behind her words.

To say Malala has simply run away is bullshit of the highest degree. She’s done more for children’s education (tangibly more) than the entire MRM will ever do for men.

greebo
greebo

*bullant. Thanks Obama/autocorrect.

Falconer

The way I heard it, the Taliban gunmen stopped a bus with Yousafzai and some other young women on it, and demanded that Yousafzai come forward, or they would shoot all the young women. So she did, and they shot her, and she didn’t die.

She deserves far more than the Nobel Prize and the vitriol of internet haters.

Falconer

To be honest, greebo, I wouldn’t want to get bit by an ant whose jaws are that long.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

When even the sexist, racist, Islamophobic assholes of the Tea party couldn’t bring themselves to openly go after this modern-day civil rights hero but the sexist, racist, Islamophobic assholes of the MRA could, that’s a bad sign for their “Movement.”

Can’t say I’m surprised, though.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

*Tea Party, damn shift key. =P

grumpyoldnurse

A couple thoughts from a random Canadian woman.

First, I am so very, very sorry that my country lets these guys annoy the rest of you. I thought every good Canuck knows to hide their inner asshat, as it ruins our fine country’s international PR.

Second, young Master Grump looked at my computer screen as I was reading this and exclaimed, “Hey! I know her [Malala]. She’s AWESOME!”.

He asked me why her picture is on a Mammoth article and I explained that some guys on the internet think she’s a coward for not going back to Pakistan.

Master Grump said, “Wut?” and looked very confused for a good long moment. Then added, “Really, Mama? That’s crazy!”. (I apologise for the ableism, I’m working on that).

My point being, a nine year old on the Autism spectrum can see why asking a 17 year old to sacrifice herself for politics is a bad idea. But then, Master Grump lives in the same universe that I do, and doesn’t hate feeeeeemales.

Bina
Bina

Gasp…you mean the terrorists didn’t WIN?

And Malala did step up for other girls even when she was shot?

Well, gee. I guess that if Billy only had a brain, he’d be feeling pretty foolish ‘long ’bout now…

cassandrakitty

Or a heart, or courage. He’s the entire cast of Wizard of Oz minus the charm, Dorothy, and the little dog.

(He had a dog but it realized that he was an asshole and ran away.)

Bina
Bina

You’re doing something right. Young Master Grump has more sense at 9 than this “Billy Chubbs” dude (who, I’m guessing, is well into middle age) ever will.

sunnysombrera

Malala stepped forward to save the other women? That is HARDCORE courage. I don’t think any MRA would risk his life to save a bus full of women. I don’t think he’d even do it for a bus full of his fellow Red Pillers.

Sarah
Sarah

Wasn’t “youngling” a word made up for “kids” for the Episodes I, II, and III of Star Wars? I haven’t even seen those movies in years (and I’m not watching them now or ever again).

Aurini and his friend started filming on their Sarkeesian Effect documentary, btw. Apparently $8600 monthly is a “shoestring budget.”

cassandrakitty

I just realized that by calling himself “Chubbs” he’s probably trying to tell us about his penis, as is the custom with this kind of asshole. Why bother, dude? If anyone wanted to know about your penis you wouldn’t have ended up hanging out on ROTK whinging about “sluts”.

Emmy Rae
Emmy Rae

The reason the Taliban shot Malala in the head was to send a message that they would attack girls who wanted to get a western-style education… She says books and education are what we need to change the world

So her continuing to get the education they don’t want her to have is letting them win? Mmhmm.

cassandrakitty

I guess mood lighting is expensive these days, and Anton Junior presumably needs to oil his facial hair hourly.

Holytape

Getting shot in the head is pretty extreme,… but not as extreme as drinking red bull and blogging from your basement.

hellkell
hellkell

How fucking stupid can these dudebros be?

The sky’s the limit.

freemage

M. the Social Justice Ranger | October 17, 2014 at 9:43 am

Can’t say I’m surprised, though.

Yeah, the TP brigade has mainly tried to just ignore her, or co-opt her for purposes of explaining that we need to bomb her former playmates in order to make the world safe for McDonalds.

andrea harris

That bit about England being a country “found (sic upon Christian morals”… I looked it up on Wikipedia and found this:

The earliest known evidence of human presence in the area now known as England was that of Homo antecessor, dating to approximately 780,000 years ago.

And modern humans have lived there since the Upper Paleolithic. Christianity has only been around a couple of thousand years.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Hi y’all, I apologize in advance for hijacking the thread. I’m just wondering if anyone is familiar with an organization called Save Services? Someone directed me to an article there claiming that a CDC study showed that more men than women are victims of intimate partner violence. What was written in the article seemed quite unlikely, so I went to the actual CDC study, which was very different (surprise, surprise) from the article on the Save Services website. Just wondering if this organization is on anyone’s radar? The article made claims such as victims of both rape and physical violence were being “double-counted” (because there should be a bulk discount, dontcha know!). I looked at the study and “rape only”, “physical violence only”, and “both rape and physical violence” each had their own category. So the article fudged things, to put it mildly.

cassandrakitty

I think someone needs to explain to the poor man that the term “moral compass” is figurative, and this means that you can’t use your Christian morals as an actual compass when you’re attempting to find a new landmass.

phasma
phasma

David, I believe your second paragraph should read

Apparently inspired by Chubbs’ bold move, the Sarkeesian-hating, Anton LaVey-looking far-right nitwit Davis Aurini has jumped on the bandwagon with his own blog post dissing Malala.

Daeran Zemaitis
Daeran Zemaitis

It’s funny. Yousafzai is the kind of activist that the MRA has used for a long time to undermine what they refer to as “First World Problems” feminists. Whenever a feminist in a developed country talks about the issues in developed countries faced, you hear a chorus of screaming about “WHAT ABOUT THE WOMEN IN PAKISTAN OR AFRICA WHO ARE FACING GENUINE OPPRESSION FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!!!11!!” Basically saying that misogyny is only a problem in underdeveloped countries. But now you actually have someone working on behalf kinds of countries, advocating for girls in an extremely misogynistic culture like Pakistan and she’s getting shat on because she’s living in the UK (key word: living, as opposed to dead because the next time the Taliban tries to take her out she didn’t survive having her face blown off)

I guess to the MRA, the only good feminist is a dead feminist.

CJ
CJ

Of course if the Taliban wanted to (and could) shoot these guys in the face they’d crap their pants in terror. But that doesn’t fit with their ridiculous fantasies.

M. Tremblay
M. Tremblay

@Sarah, thanks for the update on the Creepy Crew’s filming! Part of me is a bit disappointed that people actually thought their project was worth backing. The other part of me, however, is anxiously waiting to see what a train wreck the movie will turn out to be. 😛

1 2 3 6