#gamergate advocacy of violence all about the menz antifeminism crackpottery empathy deficit entitled babies excusing abuse fidelbogen gamebros gynocracy harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA no games for girls no girls allowed oppressed men playing the victim post contains sarcasm reddit sarkeesian! self-congratulation victim blaming

The Top Four Men’s Rightsiest things said about the recent threats against Anita Sarkeesian

top-4

Men’s Rights activists are the only ones asking these tough questions about the recent threats against Anita Sarkeesian and other outspoken women in gaming.

1) Why isn’t everyone thanking Men’s Rights Activists  for trying to keep women out of gaming?

DaNiceguy 5 points 1 day ago   You know, the worst part is, assuming this threat is real, we are the only people holding these damaged guys back. There are some guys who have been so totally and completely fucked over by women/feminism/gynocentrism that they've come out the other side really unstable. By having male spaces where they can feel safe, they don't feel like their refuge is under attack. Gaming is one of those refuges. Instead you've got feminists storming the castle walls and poking these guys with sticks and then being shocked when one gets ready to kamikaze.  If feminists aren't prepared to leave these guys who are actually dangerous alone, it's going to get bloody. And I don't say that as a threat, I point it out as a fact.

2) Why isn’t anyone focusing on who would be the real victims of violence against Sarkeesian —  teh menz?

Nomenimion 0 points 1 day ago   I sure hope you're wrong... the last thing we need is another Marc Lepine. Such an act of violence would be a crushing setback for men everywhere.3) Why are you hitting yourself?

4) Why aren’t we fighting the real enemy — feminist English majors?

Capitalsman 7 points 1 day ago   The fact that it starts off by informing you who, when, and where she will be speaking in the beginning in a seperate paragraph so it stands out is highly suspect on it's own. It starts like a campus news letter about her speaking there and has grammar better than anything I did in college. If it isn't a real threat like it seems, then surely either a staff member or a feminist majoring in English wrote this.

H/T — Cloudiah, Ami Angelwings

LBT
LBT

Safe spaces for women: places to discuss things like rape culture.

Safe spaces for men: places to discuss how women should be raped and killed.

Gee, it’s almost like there’s a total false equivalency here and they’re just trying to piggyback on the work feminism and actual social justice causes have already done!

Also, dudes. Stop blaming your behavior on your tragic backstory. I have a pretty shitty history, and I have yet to threaten anyone with murder, violence, or rape. Because I’m a grown man and have control of my actions. If you don’t, and feel uncontrollable urges to hurt others, that’s part of what mental hospitals exist for.

It’s not women’s job to organize themselves all around your failings as a human being. It’s YOUR job to own up to your failings and learn to adapt to them. Especially when that “failing” is uncontrollable violence.

Iogrey
Iogrey

katz – Sorry. I meant to offer a small window into life with an MRA type guy. I thought that would be ok here. Maybe I’m just frustrated today. Sorry, I won’t post like that again.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

“I love the chestnut about how outspokenness from women alienates men to the progressiveness of women’s rights. Just go along with your efforts to be treated like human beings without being too radical, dearies, because you wouldn’t want to piss off the men who so magnanimously let you exist in their world!”

I get the exact same reaction from homophobes whenever I bring up marriage equality. “[Gay people] would be tolerated more and be given their rights overnight if they’d just shut up, act straight and stop bringing [marriage equality] up all the time!” Yep, because that’s exactly what MLK, Rosa Parks and the suffragettes all did. =P

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

“Sorry. I meant to offer a small window into life with an MRA type guy. I thought that would be ok here. Maybe I’m just frustrated today. Sorry, I won’t post like that again.”

No, there’s no reason to apologise, absolutely rant here if you need to; I think Katz was just shocked at what you’ve been through. *hugs, if that’s alright with you*

LBT
LBT

My family actually uses similar logic with our rape and incest experience. They saw any discussion of these things as proof that we were “living in the past,” and that we “needed to move on.” If we did not obey those injunctions, they tended to get pretty mad; our father is STILL following our online activity, years after cutting contact, and sent us pissy emails about how dare we discuss our rape publically when I won’t discuss them with him?

(Actually, the last contact I ever had with him was an email explaining all of this history to us. His response was one line: “May God be with you.” Until I started writing public posts online about it a year later, when he immediately sent us a hearts-and-flowers email about how he would’ve LOVED to tell us, but see, I had said I would show his emails to other people and he cared about his privacy, you see…)

LBT
LBT

Ugh, typo, I mean to say, “explaining all of this history to HIM.”

sunnysombrera

logrey: there’s nothing wrong with what you posted. I’m just sorry you went through that. But thanks for giving an example of why David thinks of the MRM as the “abusers lobby”.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Falconer, yes, I bet they didn’t see that one coming. Le sigh. I hope the truth is uncovered in this one.

Inez Milholland
Inez Milholland

Laci Green posted info about the threat on her official Facebook page. I lamented the fact that women who dare speak out are still threatened with violence, even a hundred years after we were all branded hysterics, institutionalized, and subjected to force hysterectomies, and I might as well have said that I am evil bitch goddess who demands bloody testicles as tributes. And when I wasn’t being attacked personally by trolls, they directed their ire at me for supporting someone who is “clearly faking these threats for attention.” One even quoted Roosh V as conclusive proof that Anita is clearly faking it. Ugh.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

@Sarah, it’s kind of the same line of thinking that led that douchey Microsoft guy to say women shouldn’t ask for raises, they should just sit back and if they deserve one, karma will take care of it. Don’t want to piss off the men who so magnanimously let you exist in the workplace, right? What a douche.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Just realized “douche” and “douchebag” might be considered a gendered slur. Hope nobody was offended.

schwadevivre

logrey: You’re well rid of him and, from the sound of it, doing pretty well without him.

Iogrey
Iogrey

Thank you all for the support! 🙂

Kakanian
Kakanian

@Iogrey

You don’t have to excuse yourself, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with ranting about your history on a blog like this one. It’s good to hear that you managed to quit the guy, as I think we’re aware that exiting abusive relationships is hard and emotionally draining.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

The misandrist English teachers strike again! And they are here to inform you that no, helping someone work himself up into a frothing rage and suggesting that he would be justified in hurting women is not, in fact, what “holding him back” means.

Emmy Rae
Emmy Rae

@Fnoicby

My own sentiment (I am a woman) which is shared by many women I know, is that douches at best accomplish nothing and can actually be harmful, therefore I consider it to be a totally acceptable and apt insult for MRAs. But obviously others may disagree.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Also, (hugs) logrey.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

MRAs and douches also share that “things that I never, ever want to come into contact with my vagina” quality.

Bina
Bina

Lemme see if I can answer those questions:

1) Because MRAs are the problem.

2) Because MRAs are the problem.

3) Because MRAs are the problem.

4) Because MRAs are the problem.

See, fellas? That wasn’t even hard.

Sarah
Sarah

Logrey, that’s horrible. LBT that’s disgusting.
I’m shocked and sorry both of you went through all that, and I’m happy that you’ve survived it and are safer now. Well done and enjoy your asshole-free life 🙂

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Is ok, sorry that the douchecanoe still paddles by occasionally…
(17 staples? in your head??? OW! And scalp wounds always bleed spectacularly, too.)

Abusers/MRA’s/rapists sure do have a LOT of overlap in mindset, don’t they?

Skye
Skye

Logrey, just echong that it’s totally fine to share that information here. Just sorry you had to deal with it.

LBT, I’m sorry you have had to deal with all the crap in your life that you’ve been through

On topic, if these people weren’t so awful, they’d simply be ridiculous

LBT
LBT

RE: Skye

They can be awful AND ridiculous!

Skye
Skye

Valid point, LBT

beegees
beegees

@WWTH The sad thing is that this kid isn’t even the youngest Penn. child initially charged as an adult for murder- the youngest was only 9. Seems Penn. initially charges everyone as an adult no matter the child’s age, and its up to the judge to move the case to juvinial court. Seems to me that, being children, *ALL* minors should be in juvenile court.

There’s already a bunch of comments that are blaming the mother or saying that this wouldn’t happen if the boy had a father in his life. Never mind the fact that this boy does have a father in his life- his dad was supposed to pick him up from jail but didn’t feel able to because it turns out that this boy has a long history of behavior problems and violent outbursts. (Funny that; having men in a boy’s life doesn’t just automatically make everything OK! 9_9) Regardless, this boy certainly isn’t too traditionally “feminine”; if anything he is already too caught up in the toxic hyper-masculine ideal that the best way to deal with dissapointment or anger is by lashing out.

beegees
beegees

Oops I forgot to close my i tag. And *juvenile

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

They are awful and ridiculous…like giant toddlers deliberately breaking their toys, only their toys are people.

Dennis Jernberg (@dennis_jernberg)

1) Note the handle: DaNiceguy. But but but — you guessed it — he’s a Nice Guy™! :p As for “safe spaces for men” (read: from women), as The Arbourist put it above, traditionally that was all of society, all of it without exception. In some especially conservative places (the Islamic world is where everybody usually looks; think of the absolute monarchies in Arabia), it still is.

Oh, and MRAs (shut up, Woody, and GYOW, now!), I’m not thanking you for keeping women out of gaming, I’m blaming you and supporting the women who fight back against your persecution campaign.

2) A crushing setback for “men” if by “men” you only mean MRAs, PUAs, and other “alphas”, we “betas” and “manginas” being of course defined as unmen.

3) Memo to @fidelbogen: I’m not provoking you into hating me, I’m taking for granted you always did. After all, @GlennBeck and @RushLimbaugh didn’t block me for nothing.

4) You have to remember that for US conservatives, good English skills mean you’re part of the conspiracy against America. I’ve been reading stories online about how homeschool curricula are deliberately neglecting English proficiency so conservative parents’ kids won’t grow up to be evil liberals who sound like Yankee city slickers. The ideal American language would, by that standard, be the Unknown Tongue spoken only in Pentecostal churches.

Anita Sarkeesian uses complete sentences when she speaks, that misandrist. Men need safe spaces from complete sentences of the Sarkeeeesian.

I’m sure Jordan Owen agrees that The Sarkeesian’s complete sentences are proof that she’s an agent of the Hypnotoad. Complete sentences are hypnotic, after all, or at least they hypnotize MRAs…

I was severely disappointed to discover that in French (and German: Dusche) that word is a completely innocent word for “shower” in the bathtub or locker-room sense. It was the Mad Men who twisted the meaning into “vaginal wash”, for a client of course (Summer’s Eve brand, IIRC made by Procter & Gamble), to seduce suburban housewives with sexy French branding to go with their capitalism-induced body anxiety. Hence the “douchebag” is the resultant waste product, and inevitably it got the same secondary meaning as “scumbag” (slang term for a used condom).

Nick Kavanagh

Proud of the fact that he has bad grammar, probably by extension did poorly in college. Probably a jock on scholarship, passed because he’s a sports star. It’s teh intellectual elites like English majors ruining things for teh mens.

Bina
Bina

As a feminist who majored in English Lit, I can tell you that Dudebro #4 would never have hacked it for one day at my university. Stupidity was not rewarded there, even if it came with a penis.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

@Dennis Jernberg, Huh, I had no idea that’s where scumbag came from!
Douches aren’t totally evil, a mild vinegar-based douche is a natural cure that can do wonders for a yeast infection. But generally, yes, those you buy in any drugstore tend towards the body-shaming variety.

Skye
Skye

Wah? Why on earth would you purposely try to hamper your children’s language skills? This is also weird given that the majority of conservative folks I’ve met are big into “they should learn the language” type thinking regarding immigrants. Some of the more extreme varieties argue against ESL.

lunacoyote87

Reblogged this on Writings, Musings, and Everything… and commented:
Note to self: use some of this rage for a future post…