antifeminism dark enlightenment heartiste literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny oppressed white men PUA racism twitter

Red Piller wins the culture war with innovative "panty sniffer" insult

pantees

My post about Heartiste and the sour slut grapes the other day inspired the following highly ironic series of Tweets from Mr. H and one of his fans.

RedPillPhil ‏@RedPillPhil  @DavidFutrelle you on your best day could never match intellects with @heartiste. That's why you and your ilk must resort to mewling snark      Reply     Retweet     Favorite  11:30 AM - 9 Oct 2014 Tweet text Reply to @RedPillPhil @heartiste       heartiste ‏@heartiste 11h11 hours ago      @RedPillPhil @DavidFutrelle Fatrelle, have you ever talked to a cute girl without loading your fat boy diapers? Online doesn't count.         Reply         Retweet         Favorite     RedPillPhil ‏@RedPillPhil 11h11 hours ago      @heartiste @DavidFutrelle Futrelle is definitely a panty sniffer.

I am overwhelmed by the intellectual firepower on display in these Tweets!

RedPillPhill has offered other highly erudite critiques of my writing in the past.

Hmm. This last one seems debatable, given that RedPillPhil is a Dark Enlightenment “race realist” who recently retweeted this lovely cartoon:

Apparently posting racist cartoons and calling me a womanly panty-sniffer is how Phil plans to win the war. What war? THE CULTURE WAR.

Is the Dark Enlightenment called the Dark Enlightenment because everyone involved in it has their head permanently up their own ass?

Jenny (@dontgiveah00t)

@bbeaty

Snark is inherently disrespectful. And the one thing these dudes seem to need more than anything is respect — to be taken seriously. To be seen and the big, powerful, intelligent, authoritative alphas they know they are.

They don’t seem to enjoy sex. Sex with a woman is just a marker of how much she “respects his authority and power. Any disagreement is disrespect (hence the in-fighting). Rejection is disrespect.

But snark, well, snark says I don’t respect you enough to even bother to disagree. I am just going to make fun of you.

Precisely this. They rely heavily on being completely respected by people, even (and perhaps especially) those they plan to use, control and humiliate. Then they get very angry whenever people don’t give them the respect they think they’re entitled to. I think it’s because that deep down, they really do know they aren’t the ‘big, powerful, intelligent, authoritive alphas’ they like to think they are, and so it becomes all the more important for other people to confirm that they are in fact alphas and all the more enraging when people give them exactly the respect they deserve – none. If they were really alphas and David was really a beta or omega or whatever it is they think he is, nothing David said would bother them. They know he’s not actually inferior to them, which is why it stings.

Bina
Bina

Cathy Young…feh. I got tired of her around the same time I learned that Camille Paglia is an idiot.

strivingally

Aren’t the Dark Enlightenment types akin to the Dawkinstrolls of cold rationality?

Surely they’ve heard of Occam’s Razor? As in is it more likely that there’s a conspiracy of educational institutions, businesses and governments colluding to keep people brainwashed into having pretend feels for the “oppressed” people” or that people who are calling you a jerk for being a pretentious, racist, sexist shitbag are correct ?

HJ
HJ

Congrats, David, for hitting a nerve!

And that cartoon…whoa.

Dennis Jernberg (@dennis_jernberg)

Code translation: “Cathedral” = The Evil Liberal Conspiracy That’s Destroying America. Nothing new or interesting, just the same dreary old conservative conspiracy theory under a pseudo-clever new name. “Cathedral apologist” is just their “intellectual” way of saying “libtard”.

“Dark Enlightenment” strikes me as just a Kewl! and Disruptive! rebranding of the old Counter-Enlightenment or Endarkenment which has fought against the Enlightenment that created our modern West since it began and of which the Nazis were merely the most extreme manifestation. Since so many of these guys are Silicon Valley types, Kewl!-type rebranding’s a big thing with them. I call it “Moldbuggery”. Speaking of which, Moldbug is a monarchist.

And yes, like so many American conservatives, these guys’ heads are indeed permanently planted up their own asses.

Fun Fact: the Reason Foundation, which publishes the magazine, is part of the infamous Kochtopus along with the Cato Institute whose founding president is, surprise surprise, David Koch himself. The Koch Brothers’ daddy Fred was one of the founders of the John Birch Society, and the sons remain faithful to the creed. I suspect that, like Pat Buchanan, the Kochs are the kind of retrograde conservatives who are convinced the US fought on the wrong side of World War II, hence the Holocaust denial in their propaganda outlets.

I am just popping by to share this shocking turd of soft-MRA journalism in TIME magazine… has anyone seen this yet? “NO FEMINISM UNTIL YOU SOLVE MAN PROBLEMS TOO”

First Camille Paglia, now Cathy Young pops in to call Emma Watson a “feminazi” in terms we’re all too familiar with. What next, Christine Hoff Summers for the FemRA trifecta? Time marches on…

Fatrelle

Has this Heartiste guy ever even turned 13? This sounds exactly like the playground bullies who liked to provoke my childhood temper by calling me “Dentist Junebug” when I was all of 6. And he and his buddies wonder why we don’t respect them…

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Emma Watson must be so sad that a washed-up contrarian and a hack who can only get work writing for publications as ridiculous as she is don’t approve of her speech. Oh, the pain of being disliked by such admirable people! Luckily she can dry her tears with the pile of money that she presumably keeps on hand for such occasions.

thebewilderness

Watson is the goodwill ambassador for the UN! The UN is the ebil!

Bina
Bina

Moldbug is a monarchist.

And with a name like Mencius Moldbug, you just know that His Authoritah Shall Be Respected! Honestly, how aggressively pathetic can one get? He even LOOKS the exact way I’d expect someone with such a pitiable monicker to look. Sad, strange little man…

Also, TIME needs to get with the times. Camille Paglia AND Cathy Young? They were new voices twenty years ago. And in all that time, they haven’t evolved a hair.

Dennis Jernberg (@dennis_jernberg)

I think Emma Watson’s strong enough to hold her own against the real-life pseudo-feminist equivalents of Dolores Umbridge.

And speaking of trifecta: it struck me that both the Paglia and Young articles are not just #mrafail but #msmfail as well (since they were posted by that most MSM of media outlets, Time magazine). They need only one more snarktag for the hat trick, and that can only be #winning.

Fibinachi

The monarchy’s a weird one.

I don’t mind autocratic dictatorships, historically, they’ve worked fairly okay for millenia, I just prefer democracies. But the “in a monarchy, you’d be better of” is actually a recurring thread. Dark Enlightenment folks have it, there’s bit in The Myth of Male Power where Warren Farrell is (I paraphrase) going on about how having ultimate authority ultimately makes the man the ultimate protector. Uses ultimate a lot, hyperbolic.

How does that work?

Part of me wants to just take a shortcut and go: “well, clearly, these people are power-starved and have fantasies about being the top-dog of the kingdom, so that’s why they want to resurrect crown-rule, they think they’ll be the kings”, but I’m sure that can’t be it.

It just doesn’t make much sense because by any record I know, monarchies were utterly shit places to live, prone to warfare and destruction on a grand scale exactly because tightly controlled small countries with standing armies and a motivation to murder their neighbors is so not conductive to peace. But no! No! Let’s bring all that because, hey, women having the right to vote means I get cooties. Or something.

kittehserf - MOD

Might have something to do with the fact that they attribute the birth of “progressivism” to Calvin.

That crack you heard was my jaw hitting the floor.

What’s a cathedral apologist?

“I think cathedrals are the finest of buildings. St Paul’s! Salisbury! Canterbury! Coventry! Look how many kitties live in cathedrals! Also, Christopher Wren!”

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I guess if you want to fantasize about being top dog king/emperor is more emotionally satisfying than CEO because you can have people who piss you off executed, and also they’re aware that CEOs do have to work occasionally.

kittehserf - MOD

The monarchy’s a weird one.

Same here, Fibi. I’m all cheering when France is being centralised under the monarchy, not entirely because of who’s involved but because of the whole shit of the Wars of Religion and what a pack of self-serving arseholes so many of the nobility were. Would I want to live then? Nope. Certainly not as a woman, least of all as a peasant, which I doubtless would be.

I do like living in a constitutional monarchy, because it’s my history, my connection to Britain, both for my ancestry and to people I care about from past centuries. I’d hate to lose that, and I know that if we do become a republic here we will make such a fucking awful mess of it that it’ll be just another way our politicians embarrass the hell out of us.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

I see your embarrassing politicians…
I raise you…one GOHMERT!

…I will say I have had occasion to drive through his constituency, and the dude is REALLY representative of the sort of people you’d encounter within that area.

weirwoodtreehugger

I live not too far from Michelle Bachman’s district. So I know from embarrassing districts. I’m just glad she’s not my representative. Mine is Keith Ellison and he’s actually one of the few good politicians. http://ellison.house.gov/ He’s the co-chair of the progressive caucus. It’s amazing how wildly different neighboring districts can be.

weirwoodtreehugger

Embarrassing politicians. Not embarrassing districts. Although I guess that works too.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

WWTH, all I have heard about Ellison, I like.

Skye
Skye

One of these years, Texas will have decent politicians at state and national levels again. (I desperately hope.)

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

@ Skye…Here’s hoping.
…Maybe the Texas Med Center will begin to medically address the epidemic of CI
I mean CI is all over the place, but you see a LOT of CI in Texas. It’s so tragic.

…Won’t you think of the Craniorectally Inserted?
Bring hope, give generously.

Skye
Skye

Blahlistic, too true. 🙁

phasma
phasma

@strivingally

Yes…and no. While they certainly fancy themselves “rational”, as opposed to the emotion(or ideology)-driven “irrationality” (simplistic theories of cognition FTW!) of progressives, reason in their philosophy seems to function mainly as a source of rationalization for their preferred inegalitarian (and “natural”. Have I already mentioned that they are heavily invested in such simplistic theories?) social order, rather than a tool which can be used to critique and/or improve it.
So, not exactly Dawkins-more like subversion.

It seems you’re oversimplifying/misrepresenting their position here a little. In fact, they are quite carefull not to claim the existence of any kind of conspiracy. Although it’s sometimes hard to say what they exactly mean by “The Cathedral”, I think it can actually be imagined as something similar to less nuanced conceptualisations of kyriarchy, but inverted. And ridiculous.

@kittehserf

That crack you heard was my jaw hitting the floor.

No, for real. They seem to be *really* into memetic theory, and claim that “progressivism” is some heavily mutated offshoot of puritanism…or something.
Really, I can even produce here their explanation if anybody’s interested. It’s fun, actually-I mean, they’ve even managed to veawe inquisition somewhere in there.

Fibinachi

Sure, go for it.

I, for one, would love to know how the absurdly straightlaced puritans are being interpreted as progressives.

And why they’d be associated with cathedrals.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

That crack you heard was my jaw hitting the floor.

I don’t know how the actual DE rationale goes, but the idea is not completely stupid. Calvinism inspired other separatist groups, including the Quakers, who were and are (depending on the branch) pretty egalitarian.

More fundamentally, Calvinism has this really negative predestination thing going, but attached to it is an interesting and, at the time, radical idea that the individual is the only one who can know if they are predestined to be saved. Nobody is allowed to tell you, “You are totally not predestined to be saved!” I mean, people would do it, but that’s not something Calvin endorsed. Calvin believed that if you have the “mystery of grace” that predestines you to salvation, you’ll know it, and nobody except you can know or can gainsay your knowledge.

Calvinism also contains an anti-establishment theme that if the rules of the state conflict with your conscience, you are not required to follow the state’s rules. Obviously autocratic regimes and wannabes are going to have an issue with this.