a voice for men a woman is always to blame antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? empathy deficit entitled babies evil moms evil sexy ladies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA

Today In Inexplicable A Voice for Men Memes

Classic WTF-ery from AVFM's Facebook page
Classic WTF-ery from AVFM’s Facebook page

More brilliant public relations work by the AVFM crew.

The top “meme,” posted on AVFM’s Facebook page, isn’t inexplicable in itself — I assume someone said to the meme-maker that by “criticizing” women he was doing the same thing feminists were doing by criticizing men, and this was meant as an enormous insult? It’s just inexplicable as a way to, you know, reach out to a broader audience beyond misogynist douchebags who think that the idea of ironing a woman in lingerie is inherently hilarious. But I guess that’s not really AVFM’s aim, is it?

Another one from the AVFM Facebook page:

More of AVFM's memetic magic
More of AVFM’s meme magic

Ah yes, I remember the chants at the last feminist demonstration I went to.

What do we want!?

Childsupprtagencies’protecting’childrendivorcecourtspolicearrests cheaperworkforcecontrolofeducationworkerprisonsdisposablesoldiers!

When do we want it?

Now?

Let’s just finish off this edition of inexplicable AVFM memes with this lovely submission from the AVFM forums, which is ostensibly about child abuse.

BabyAint

AVFM, proving critics of the Men’s Rights movement right pretty much every time they post a meme!

That first meme:

OUCH. I wince in sympathy. Why the hell did the author think choosing that image was a good idea.

Oh, right. He has no empathy for women. So it is like an object getting ironed, but sexy.

ej
ej

Sexualizing violence against women (yes, violence…irons get really hot) and equating it to “criticism” is exactly why we need feminism. Thank you for once again proving our point.

wordsp1nner

I’m also wondering if the author has ever actually been burned by an iron… my mom is a quilter, and I’ve been futzing around with irons since I was in elementary school (supervised… usually*). I got myself good a couple of times, and ouch!

I lock my cats out of the room when I iron now, for obvious reasons.

*I kind of like ironing for quilting, and so I’d iron while she quilted. I think it was a personal project that got me burned, though.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Maybe I’m tired or something, but the first one isn’t actually explicable to me. Beyond the bizarre imagery, what are those words trying to convey to me? It looks like a word salad from my end.

However, I like how the AVFM logo looks like someone painted it on the wall in blood. Classy.

Policy of Madness,

Basically, the first meme is trying to say that when feminists criticize men, it is hateful and the product of a radical ideology (i.e., raping women is bad, you should pay women the same as men). However, when a man criticizes a woman (i.e., she’s ugly, a feminist shrew, weaker both physically and morally than a man) that is simply criticism and 100% correct and does not make him the male equivalent of a feminist.

Which, indeed, it does not.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

The second one. Wow. Cheaper Workforce? Worker Prisons? Disposable Soldiers?

Feminists are like combining all the stuff cold-war communists said about capitalists with all the stuff capitalists said about communists and then mixing that with reptilian alien takeover conspiracy theories.

But, still no idea what the point of the poster is supposed to be. Are feminists supposed to choke on their own evil? Or are they choking men?

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

Oh wait, I figured it out. The message of the poster is “Women are really scary.”

wordsp1nner

Also: Yay for tired misogynistic jokes that deny women’s subjective experience in favor of men’s:
comment image?oh=589592ad7f9be50bc4b6fbd53ee74fa3&oe=54BA4695&__gda__=1421463113_3f4692995ae747f5919ff81d6dd2a22e

strivingally

Actually I read the first one as being an in-house shot at other misogy-bros who (I’m guessing) throw out “You’re acting like a feminist!” as the worst possible insult they can think of whenever they get into a flame war. They’re basically saying guys can disagree with other guys and that’s cool (“criticism”), but it’s beyond the pale to stoop to insulting other guys by comparing them to feminists.

In other words, it’s Misogynist Godwin’s Law. 😀 (with a side order of sexual objectification in the imagery for good measure!)

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@wordsp1nner

Oh, I see. I guess I was confused by the way the words seem to blend into the background, and the weirdly smooth, CGI texture. “Like a feminist” just seemed like a non-sequitur, but I should have guessed that it was aimed at the choir.

strivingally

Sorry, upon reading again I think it’s more meant as a “rebuttal” to any heretic who tries to claim that AVfM’s dogmatic hatred of women is “just as bad” as their strawman version of feminism.

vaiyt

At least these memes actually don’t look like a computer barfed all over MS Paint?

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

If I could get ahold of that first image without the lettering, I would re-caption it to say:

“When practicing consensual kink, it is a really bad idea to melt your partner’s nylon hose into her skin.
…Doughnut-heads who do things like this make other kinky people look really bad when they show up in emergency rooms…
They are almost as bad as those old guys who just happened to have fallen on the shampoo bottle in their butt.”

The second image? Yeah, we know you blame women for every social problem ever.
Because vagina.

The third image?
WTF is wrong with y’all, anyway? I mean, it’s not like you MRAssholes argue about this shit with any honesty and desire to hash out positive solutions that actually help people.

…I mean, a lot of the MRA rants sound a lot better if you mentally read them in the voice of Droopy Dog, the cartoon character.

strivingally

Wait, worker prisons? WTF? Are they seriously trying to blame feminism for the way the prison system works?! And “cheaper workforce”? What about the 77c/$ that women earn for doing the same work? (it’s 81c/$ here in Oz, hooray feminist utopia!)

This doesn’t even make superficial sense.

Patrick O.
Patrick O.

I’m so confused right now. Disgusted and confused.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

And I would just like to add WHEEEE…I think I might be running a fever…

Robert
Robert

To paraphrase Dean Wormer, incoherent, unpleasant and mendacious is no way to go through life.

Also, disposable soldiers do not include women, apparently.

ej
ej

@viayt

I was thinking the same thing. Their messages are still incomprehensible, though.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Hah hah, here’s something hilarious. Google image search turns up this image on a bunch of Russian websites, and that place where a serial killer has smeared AVFM’s logo has, in the original, A CAT.

I don’t read Russian so I am spared the commentary around this image. Clever of AVFM to steal art from someone in a non-Western country.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

This doesn’t even make superficial sense.

…Oh, but it DOES make sense!

You know, because vagina.

magnesium

I like that the creator of the first image went and found himself an ad (I’m assuming that’s a magazine ad or something) that depicts pretty unambiguous violence against a woman by a man (sexy violence) and thought to himself “Yeah, yeah this is the type of photo I want to use in my poster to prove that men are oppressed by women. Yeah.”

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Man, I can’t open that at work…so recaptioning the pic will have to wait…:(

ej
ej

@wordsp1nner
I just clicked on that link and that is horrible. Glad to know the cramps I get that leave me screaming into a pillow are an inconvenience to men. I’ll try to stay out of their way when I’m limping around because those same cramps sometimes decide to spread to my leg. Such an inconvenience for those guys, but me, no, I’m not suffering at all.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

It is an advertisement for a torture chamber, obviously. Bloody logo and women being tortured.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Are torture chambers legal? I can’t think they would be.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

“Fuck you, advertising industry” is my main response to the first image. The text is babble, who the hell knows what it’s supposed to mean? But professionals made that image.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Torture chambers are legal.
Torturing someone without the torturee’s express consent is illegal.

Bina
Bina

Oh gawd, let me see if I can parse any of this shit at all:

First drecky meme: Men “criticizing” women are indeed not like feminists at all. They are misogynists, which is exactly what we’re up against here. Also, ironing nylon stockings is a no-no. Those suckers MELT. And irons, like “criticism”, burn…badly. Just like this meme burns my eyes.

Second drecky meme: Women eat money? Not last time I checked. US money, in particular, has a nasty odor, so I don’t imagine it would taste great, either. Also, all these things attributed to “feminism”…have fuck-all to do with it. We’re not about industrially incarcerating anyone, OR bringing wages down (pro tip: “Equal pay for equal work” means PAY WOMEN MORE, YOU FUCKING CAPITALIST CHEAPSKATES.) But hey, dude, by all means, feel free to choke on it yourself.

Third drecky meme: Considering that Mama usually does the lion(ess)’s share of childcare, housework, etc., usually in addition to a paying job that only pays 70 cents to Dad’s dollar, it’s hardly a surprise that she ain’t happy. But I don’t see many of them taking it out on children, much less in the manner pictured. Why do I get the feeling that this “trampling mama” is really just a projection of what the dude would do in her shoes — and what a lot of family patriarchs do, literally and figuratively, anyway?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

The first image seems to come from Russia. It looks CGI to me. It may be someone’s fetish art. I can’t tell, I don’t read Russian.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

If I had to guess my guess would be that it was advertising the suit the guy is wearing, but who the hell knows. The fashion industry in general, well, all I can say is that in this picture at least the woman doesn’t look dead.

beegees
beegees

I love how in the first one the man is looking at the audience instead of his sex “partner”. I think the caption should read “Can you see me performing masculinity men? Can you see me can you see me can you can you can you?”

PLEASSSE approve of meeeeeeeeeee.

Bina
Bina

“…or shove your shame where it belongs.”

Um, who’s shaming whom here? Dudes “criticizing” women, again? Sure smells like it.

Or maybe that’s just the molten nylon I smell.

Bina
Bina

Dear AVFMangryBozos:

If your memes require parsing and explanation, you haz a fail.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I just noticed the patented MRA double period after “criticism”. Bless their fondness for, um, let’s just call it creative punctuation.

WeeBoy

I may be wrong, but is the last one really fucking racist sounding to anyone else?

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I think the John Galt part of the logo tells the whole story.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Found the shutterstock photo! New game, everyone! Try to guess which subset of key words were used to find this image.

Or, better game, try to figure out what the fuck the message is. Was the image merely a lazy reference to the use of the word “iron out?” Is the iron supposed to be criticism? Where does my shame belong, and why do I get really squicked out when you tell me to shove it where it belongs while you are wielding an iron?

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

The original image has the I Can Haz Cheezburger cat in it.
He does not look amused.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

So, the second image has a picture of a woman eating money. Very unhygenic. But that suggests that she will be the one “choking on it.” Yet every single talking-phrase listed is something they feel negatively affects men and positively effects women. So why would the woman be “choking on it?” According to you, MRA meme-maker, those things are everything she wants.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Wowww… So the shutterstock site has “other images with the same model” as well. Guess who the model they’re referring to is?

Did you guess the one in the middle of the frame, performing the action, and taking up most of the presence of the scene?

*BZZZT*

Did you guess the one lying passive in the scene, literally objectified and acting as a prop rather than a person?

*DING DING DING*

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Hmm. Shutterstock lists the owner of the image as (among other things) a vector artist, and living in Poland. Unfortunately I don’t see a way to contact this individual to let zir know about this theft of zir work.

grumpyoldnurse

@ wordsp1nner – Thanks for that cartoon! At least now I realise that the knots my uterus is currently tying itself in and the alarming amounts of blood spewing from it are inconveniencing my family (at least, the male members of my family) and not me. My frequent refrains of “menopause, where the #@#! are you, you @#$%?” are obviously way more of a problem for those trapped in my presence than they are for me. Wow! I think I’ll give up this feminism nonsense now, and ask my husband to please iron me.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

“Honey, I’m feeling a bit rumpled today. Would you mind ironing me before work?”

wordsp1nner

Now I’m thinking back to the “rolls” of the last post… bad image bad image.
But now I shared it, and its gone 🙂

grumpyoldnurse

Exactly! I just hope Mr. Grump can also get the spots out and mend the worn bits. I may have to pick myself up from the drycleaner’s later.

grumpyoldnurse

Wouldn’t rolls be better handled by a seamstress or tailor, rather than at home with an iron?

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m really confused. MRAs profess to be upset by men being imprisoned at high rates and the conditions in those prisons, men dying in war and being treated as disposable and men working in unsafe and exploitative conditions. The thing is, feminism is not responsible for any of these issues. Capitalism is responsible for all these issues.

Yet, MRAs tend to have a right wing/libertarian bent. They complain about Marxism all the time. They reject the progressive politics that if implemented, would go a long way towards solving men’s problems. Why? If any MRAs are reading this and would like to comment, please explain this.

Of course, I’m sure I know the answer. Progressive political ideologies are also far more feminist/woman friendly than conservative ideologies and opposing feminism and hating women is much more important than actually helping men.

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

Well that first meme falls once again into the “Hans, are we the baddies?” basket…

grumpyoldnurse

Shhhh, WWTH – logic is MISANDRY!

wordsp1nner

This thread needs more furrinati:

1 2 3 4