are these guys 12 years old? crackpottery evil women expats grandiosity manginas men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misandry misogyny no girls allowed omega males oppressed white men post contains jokes post contains sarcasm

Women are from Earth, Men are from Tau Ceti?

Where no man has been before, and no girls allowed.
Where no man has gone before — and no girls allowed.

The man behind The Black Pill blog – formerly known as Omega Virgin Revolt – would like to go his own way, he really would. But he’s been feeling a bit stymied on that front, because no matter where on earth he might go, it doesn’t seem far enough away for him.

In a recent post, he looked at some of the solutions that have been suggested for discerning Men Going Their Own Way like himself, and found them all a bit wanting.

Becoming an expat?

I have been sympathetic to the idea of expating, but I haven’t really seen its value. Most men who do it think they can find a different type of woman outside of the US or outside of Western countries. While that may appear to be the case for now, women are the same everywhere … Wherever you go, there you are in a misandrist nation and culture.

What about going somewhere where there aren’t any women – or men – at all? Still not good enough.

Even more radical expating ideas like seasteading, cities in Antarctica, etc. still are too limited. It’s too easy to travel to anyplace on Earth so such places can’t be used to escape women and manginas.

So Mr. Black Pill decides to look beyond the confines of this puny planet.

[W]e have to look to space to escape women and manginas.

But not even a one-way trip to Mars will get Mr. Pill far enough away from his earthly tormenters.

Even then the Moon, Mars, and anywhere else in the solar system probably still won’t be enough (although they too can be used as stepping stones for further expating/escape). We need to look to other star systems and beyond.

Mr. Pill has his eye on one star system in particular:

We need to look towards a place like the Tau Ceti star system. Places like that are where we can develop a civilization completely free from matriarchy.

Hmm. Tau Ceti is a sun-like-star only 12 light years away, and one of its planets may lie in what scientists describe as the “habitable zone” — neither too near or too far from Tau Ceti to support life.  That’s the good news. The bad news? Well, the planet in the “habitable zone” has five times the mass of earth. (Not a good planet for basketball. And you can forget about getting help from friends when you move.) Oh, and it’s being pretty much constantly battered by meteorites from the giant cloud of space debris that orbits Tau Ceti.

But no worries! Mr. Pill is confident that we can work out these little kinks.

While the planets around Tau Ceti may not be ideal for us, this isn’t a problem. Terraforming will take care of some of it. The rest can be handled by genetic engineering and/or becoming cyborgs. This is a good thing because we need to remove genetics that predispose us to be manginas anyway so we might as well make more changes while we’re at it.

Could we have tails too? I’ve always wanted a tail.

You may think this is some far off future that you will never see in your lifetime. While it will be a long time before there’s an exodus to another start system like Tau Ceti, other parts of this vision are already in progress. For example, the development of cyborgs in primitive form is proliferating in areas such as finance.

It’s true. Soon all bankers will look like this:

Banker-12

Mr. Pill ends on a hopeful note:

While no one is going to be getting on a spaceship to another star system tomorrow, this is a vision we can realize. …

Just as our ancestors had to choose to leave the Great Rift Valley a long time ago to find a better life, we must do the same on a larger level. It’s going to take a long time and a lot of work, but we must do it. It’s the only way to build a better human civilization.

There’s really only one way this plan could fail, and that’s if Mr. Pill’s counterparts arrive at the Tau Ceti system a couple of hundred years from now only to discover its habitable planet already inhabited.

By these gals.

D'oh!
D’oh!

Or maybe these, with a scantily clad mangina in tow:

Beata_Ariel_Trent

Nequam
Nequam

Whoops! How did I miss Phoenician’s post?

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

This calls for brain bleach

LBT
LBT

It is simply unthinkable for 99.9% of African men to agree to “open marriage” or polyamory, as is the current relationship trend in the West.

Jeez. I joke that all my friends are bi and poly, but even I don’t think I have a 99.9% ratio. Also, lolz, nobody tell them about multiple wives being a thing in various countries over there.

RE: Zolnier

Heh I just got this image of this guy managing to launch a colony ship of “Alphas” and beaten down women, and then this happens. http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/wise_12_10/

…oh man that story actually really creeped me out. Since I’m pretty sure that’s what was going through our parents’ minds when we started coming out, that we were changing into some kind of crazy alien.

RE: ikranreed

No one making that kind of statement, is genuinely trying to conflate mental illness with misogyny.

Uh, I beg to differ. I’ve been here for a few years, I’m disabled for reasons of mental illness, and… yeeeeah, mental illness gets conflated with all sorts of bad behavior. I had an argument with some troll on the very subject just when I was last here, where he was arguing that the misogynists were just temporarily mentally ill because their lives were soooo hard and that we should therefore be nicer to them.

RE: Karalora

Saudi Arabia? Fem-topia!

Tom Martin argued that!

vaiyt

There’s no way any of them would go live in an all male society bc they know that sooner or later it would completely devolve into an alpha male pecking order version of Hell.

That’s assuming the men are all like them, of course.

Kim
Kim

“Could we have tails too? I’ve always wanted a tail.”

While a prehensile tail would be really useful, surely a human tail would be as bald as most of the rest of us. A bald tail would be pretty gross.

GrumpyOldMan

Do you think the Feminist High Commission would be willing to support giving these guys a guaranteed woman-free scrap of land for their dudetopia — and perhaps even throw in a laundry-bot or two to keep things from getting too rank?

steampunked (@steampunked)

ANTARTICA, WOMEN MAY FOLLOW YOU –

We’re already there, apologies, dude.

My organisation sends scientists, observers, and so forth to Antartica where we maintain one of the bases, we have six month and eighteen month rotations. There are constant pleadings for people willing to do eighteen month shifts (that’s two winters and a summer, so it’s hard to convince the seasoned to do it, as you really do suffer quite a lot under those conditions). I’m intending to apply for a six month session once my wee one is a bit older and we can tolerate being apart.

In order to qualify to go, you must pass a mental and a physical exam – the mental one is to examine your responses under stress conditions and how you resolve problems and deal with social conflicts. In other words, to make sure that you are the sort of team player who everyone else can get on with. This guy? Would not pass. Getting there is not a snap of the fingers thing, living there involves having negotiation skills. A holiday can cost $20,000, but you sure don’t stay there for long.

Pro tip: You must be pretty cool headed. As evidenced by an awesome doctor (since passed) who performed her own biopsy without anaesthetic in order to examine a lump that had appeared.

spukikitty

Just wait til he gets to Tau Ceti and finds…..THE GREAT TYRANT a.k.a. THE BLACK QUEEN! WE WOMEN ARE EVERYWHERE!

(Okay, so ‘Barbarella’s’ a guilty pleasure for me, even if said heroine is mostly useless)

Michelle C Young

Now I want to re-read “Ethan of Athos,” by Lois McMaster Bujold.

LBT
LBT

RE: steampunked

Wow, that’s a really interesting job! It sounds really difficult, but interesting! (Perversely, it actually sounds like the kind of stress might be something I’d be more capable of handling.)

And yeah, there are plenty of women on Antarctica, last I heard. A trans woman I knew once said that it was not uncommon for other trans women to try and get into Antarctic positions, on account of the Dutch base apparently having estrogen. You go to Antarctica, transition down there where you only have a handful of people to deal with, then you return to society. Have you heard of anything like that, or is that urban legend stuff?

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

Now I want to re-read “Ethan of Athos,” by Lois McMaster Bujold.

The lead hero is a pacifist who looks after children for a living. Total mangina. Despite coming from a no-girls-allowed utopia…

steampunked (@steampunked)

I haven’t heard the trans stuff in Antarctica, but the place is pretty different, so I wouldn’t be hugely surprised. We get a lot of cool stories coming out of there, as well as tales of how some people crack a bit under the stress (and in one case, decided and tried to walk home to Melbourne).

LBT
LBT

RE: steampunked

From what little I know, I actually feel like Antarctic stress would be a kind I could deal with better, perversely. At least I wouldn’t be obligated to be in perky customer service mode eight hours every day! Definitely wouldn’t want to pull an eighteen-monther, though, I think my circadian rhythms would flee screaming into the night!

Michelle C Young

@leftwing fox

I started writing a short story a while back where mankind discovers a cheap hyperdrive, and to solve overpopulation, they give any group with an ideological charter and 20,000 signatories a free trip off-world, then watch the results.

The most complete disaster were the Sovereign Citizen/radical libertarian movement of North America. Rugged individualism, no social safety net, and everyone armed. When faced with the consequences of “personal responsibility” for their own failures, the colony quickly descended into paranoia, banditry and complete horror.

I want to read that!

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

I mean, how hard would it be for these MGTOWs to make a MGTOW house somewhere in the way people make kinky communes or QPOC communes or stoner communes or furry communes or socialist communes all the time? Or to form a semi-isolated living area where participants grow their own food and provide their own entertainment if the notion of seeing a woman at the grocery store when you head into town is too much misandry for them to be able to handle?

They could live like an enclosed order of monks, but that would mean having to do hard work. Not going to happen.

Nequam
Nequam

David: No, you don’t necessarily want to go to the other forum. It’s the remainder of a long-dead atrocity tourism site, and while there can be fun discussion there’s also a lot of smartassery and jerkassery.

The OP seems to not have figured out the inherent problem that’s staring him in the face: If one person can get somewhere, other people can get there too.

Bina
Bina

Also, “Learn the art of love from dogs”? Eeeeewww!

Seconded. Everything I needed to know about love, I learned from my kittehs. They are excellent teachers.

I would read the living bejeebers out of that! Please submit it for publication and let us know when it comes out!

You guys are making me want to go to Antarctica. I bet my allergies would clear up amazingly.

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

You guys are making me want to go to Antarctica.

Look, you really want me to repeat the comments I heard about the problems women have peeing while in bunny suits?

Karalora

Saudi Arabia? Fem-topia!

Tom Martin argued that!

I remember! That’s why I included it. Wasn’t his argument that women there get to be chauffeured everywhere, by men? Completely missing the fact that THAT’S BECAUSE THEY’RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE DRIVER’S LICENSES, SHITHEAD.?

LBT
LBT

RE: Karalora

In Tom Martin Land, sex workers rule the universe. Black is white, up is down, and the more oppressed women are, the more they are in charge of things! He was a special, special man, our Tommy.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I decided to look into the manosphere’s connection to seasteading (which I’ve never heard them mention before, although I do know the concept)

If only we could get them to try legosteading.

Michelle C Young

All this talk of Antarctica reminds me of my fourth-grade teacher. She wasn’t very good at her job, I’m afraid.

When we started studying the continents, she taught us that there are FIVE continents: North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa.

Trouble-maker that I am, I raised my hand, and asked about Australia. She said it “didn’t count.” So, I asked, was it part of another continent? If so, which one? Seeing as how it was this HUGE land mass, all off by itself, I was really confused.

She just told me that it didn’t count, and to move on.

So, I moved on. “What about Antarctica?”

“It doesn’t exist. Now shut up!”

She didn’t like me, very much. When we moved away, I was rather glad to have a new teacher, even if she couldn’t read my writing (I wrote in the style of the Dutch, and moved to America, where several of the numbers and letters look different).

Although, I do remember that new teacher annoying me, by saying stridently that “Liberry” is spelled just the way it sounds, and why were all the students misspelling it? She had a fit at us about that awful spelling test, with words like “liberry,” “Worshington,” and “Febyouary.” But mostly she was cool, and she never told me that continents didn’t exist, and to shut up about it.

Michelle C Young

@Buttercup – You made me crack up!

Unfortunately, this alarms my sisters, as it sounds like I’m choking.

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

Antarctica doesn’t exist?

Wat

I don’t even

Also, Oz is, I think, the only country that is also a continent, as well as a bloody big (biggest?) island. So there, iggerant grade four teacher.

Octo
Octo

Oh god. MGOTW mixed with starry eyed space cadet. Two delusions for the price of one! (though, to be fair, a harmless delusion at least in the case of the overly optimist spacefare idealists).

Also why Tau Ceti specifically? Why not say Gliese 832?

Apart from Alpha Centauri A (which apparently would still be too close, as the womenfolk could still follow him to there) Tau Ceti is the nearest Class G Star (i.e., same general class as our Sun). Gliese 832 is 5 light years more away, and a dim class M star – a red dwarf. While planets have been detected in its habitable zone, the problem with class M stars is that their habitable zone is very near to the star indeed. At such distances, it is likely that planets in that zone become tidally locked to the star, in the same way as the Moon for example is tidally locked to Earth – i.e., they would always only show the same side to the star. That means, that planet would have an overly hot eternal day side and an overly cold eternal night side. Now, life might still be possible in the “twilight zone” (heh) between them, especially if you believe in space magic terraforming, and it isn’t 100% inevitable those planets become tidally locked…

…but still, it makes more sense to seek out the class G stars.

Not that we will ever reach either Gliese 832 or Tau Ceti within the next, say, 200 years or so, mind. At least, IMO we won’t.

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

a dim class M star

Sounds perfect for these dim MGTOW.

Zolnier
Zolnier

My joke didn’t even make sense, they live on a spaceship. And I feel like the terraforming remark comes from too much Firefly which seemed to think you could make any planet no matter how removed from its parent star inhabitable.

Also the genetic engineering reminds me of the Petabyee series, where some weirdo decided the best way to adapt to an Ice World was selkies. Like literal selkies.

weirwoodtreehugger

The funny part is that the outer planets that have been terraformed in Firefly are only just barely habitable. The settlers there don’t have much food, they get attacked by reavers or they develop horrible diseases from working in mines. I’m sure they think a life of danger and hardship is glamorous and romantic but in reality they probably couldn’t deal with it.

Wahl
Wahl

@ Pendragon, Cassies Major Domo
Thirding you guys. I’m finishing up a year at McMurdo, and have done a winter at Pole, and there is no way we need guys like the OP down here.
Yeah, it’s a little bit “Island of the Misfit Toys” here, but for the most part the people who come down are friendly, hard-working, and hard-playing. From what I’ve seen, MGTOWs definitely would not fit the bill.

@Phoenician in a time of Romans
There are a lot of places here that are way more civilized than the field camps. I mean we even have internet (sometimes).

Michelle: Did you have any teachers who didn’t teach you patent misinformation?

(I got taught that “fuck” was an acronym, but in fairness, this was before Snopes.)

Syburi

This reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw *years* ago: “Why send one man to the moon, why not send them all?”

Did he just seriously argue that becoming a mangina is a bio-rule?

Also, if we get tails, then we can be cats. And take over the IT and other industries. Can I have one of those big, fluffy ones like the cloud leopards?

vaiyt

@Michelle C Young

I’m afraid of your teachers. They make me a lot more appreciative of the shitty national curricula we get – at least the schools respect the damn things.

RandomPoster
RandomPoster

I think these scenarios are what he’s going for…

Aitch
Aitch

That sounds boss. (I wonder why just trans women, though.)

Zolnier
Zolnier

Anyone else kind of reminded of that Tiptree short story?

Andrea McDowell

I’m very confused. How do they see a civilization being remotely sustainable, without these awful women around to handle the reproducing part? Or do they also have womb-vats in progress somewhere?

Robert
Robert

The SF story I’m reminded of is Cordwainer Smith’s “The Crime and Glory of Commander Suzdal”. The inhabitants of the all-male planet in that one were thoroughly unpleasant characters. I won’t spoil how they’re defeated, but the Mammothariat would approve.

dorabella
dorabella

Hahahaha listen to this:

A comment asks:
“are you really really sure that if you moved to a city in Anctartica women and manginas will follow you there? Because I think they’re doing great wherever they are now.”

And the genius responds:
“Yes, Because that’s what happened to video games”.

Moving to Antartica = Playing a video game.
It’s obvious, right? from any point of view, the two activities are absolutely similar. It takes a similar effort, engagement, interest, amount of money, clearly, if somebody is willing to play a video game to ruin my life, they’re also willing to move to Antartica to do the same. It’s hilarious.

This is more telling then it looks at first sight, it may explain the total delusions of this guy about space travel: it’s all a video game to him.

GrumpyOldMan

The same sort of thinking that makes guys think that life after the apocalypse would be fun. My quarrel with sci-fi (which my wife and son love and are always trying to get me hooked on) is that so much of the time you have to ignore obviously impossible assumptions. For example, in Star Trek (which I was forced to watch occasionally) a spacecraft that can carry enough spare parts, materials, and machinery to make major repairs on the fly.
I am an insulin-dependent diabetic. I would like someone to explain to me who would be manufacturing insulin in what labs after the apocalypse, or among some quarrelsome misfit MRA video-game addicts in some anti-feminist dudetopia.

Zolnier
Zolnier

Octo
Octo

Well, that dude apparently simply assumes FTL and terraforming will be right around the corner. Compared to that, artificial uteri are completely plausible. In fact, I’d assume we’ll still see them within this century. Whereas we’ll see FTL and terraforming… well, basically never is my guess.

GrumpyOldMan

“To be fair in most Star Trek series they had access to space docks and stuff, now Voyager….”

I am really only familiar with Voyager because it was on during the time that my wife had some lingering hope of converting me …

Zolnier
Zolnier

Ever seen SF Debris’ reviews?

LBT
LBT

Also, can anyone give me the context for the last image in David’s post? I’m really curious about basically any portrayal of someone who’s trans or gender nonconforming!

Falconer

@LBT: From the image quality, the lighting, and the costume design and patterns I’d say it’s late 80’s to mid 90’s in vintage, and that leads me to guess Star Trek The Next Generation, but I’m stumped for a precise answer.

Falconer

The person on the right has an earring that almost looks Bajoran, but none of them have the Bajoran nose makeup.

Aitch
Aitch

@LBT: Google image search suggests it’s a Star Trek episode, as Falconer said: Angel One.