are these guys 12 years old? crackpottery evil women expats grandiosity manginas men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misandry misogyny no girls allowed omega males oppressed white men post contains jokes post contains sarcasm

Women are from Earth, Men are from Tau Ceti?

Where no man has been before, and no girls allowed.
Where no man has gone before — and no girls allowed.

The man behind The Black Pill blog – formerly known as Omega Virgin Revolt – would like to go his own way, he really would. But he’s been feeling a bit stymied on that front, because no matter where on earth he might go, it doesn’t seem far enough away for him.

In a recent post, he looked at some of the solutions that have been suggested for discerning Men Going Their Own Way like himself, and found them all a bit wanting.

Becoming an expat?

I have been sympathetic to the idea of expating, but I haven’t really seen its value. Most men who do it think they can find a different type of woman outside of the US or outside of Western countries. While that may appear to be the case for now, women are the same everywhere … Wherever you go, there you are in a misandrist nation and culture.

What about going somewhere where there aren’t any women – or men – at all? Still not good enough.

Even more radical expating ideas like seasteading, cities in Antarctica, etc. still are too limited. It’s too easy to travel to anyplace on Earth so such places can’t be used to escape women and manginas.

So Mr. Black Pill decides to look beyond the confines of this puny planet.

[W]e have to look to space to escape women and manginas.

But not even a one-way trip to Mars will get Mr. Pill far enough away from his earthly tormenters.

Even then the Moon, Mars, and anywhere else in the solar system probably still won’t be enough (although they too can be used as stepping stones for further expating/escape). We need to look to other star systems and beyond.

Mr. Pill has his eye on one star system in particular:

We need to look towards a place like the Tau Ceti star system. Places like that are where we can develop a civilization completely free from matriarchy.

Hmm. Tau Ceti is a sun-like-star only 12 light years away, and one of its planets may lie in what scientists describe as the “habitable zone” — neither too near or too far from Tau Ceti to support life.  That’s the good news. The bad news? Well, the planet in the “habitable zone” has five times the mass of earth. (Not a good planet for basketball. And you can forget about getting help from friends when you move.) Oh, and it’s being pretty much constantly battered by meteorites from the giant cloud of space debris that orbits Tau Ceti.

But no worries! Mr. Pill is confident that we can work out these little kinks.

While the planets around Tau Ceti may not be ideal for us, this isn’t a problem. Terraforming will take care of some of it. The rest can be handled by genetic engineering and/or becoming cyborgs. This is a good thing because we need to remove genetics that predispose us to be manginas anyway so we might as well make more changes while we’re at it.

Could we have tails too? I’ve always wanted a tail.

You may think this is some far off future that you will never see in your lifetime. While it will be a long time before there’s an exodus to another start system like Tau Ceti, other parts of this vision are already in progress. For example, the development of cyborgs in primitive form is proliferating in areas such as finance.

It’s true. Soon all bankers will look like this:

Banker-12

Mr. Pill ends on a hopeful note:

While no one is going to be getting on a spaceship to another star system tomorrow, this is a vision we can realize. …

Just as our ancestors had to choose to leave the Great Rift Valley a long time ago to find a better life, we must do the same on a larger level. It’s going to take a long time and a lot of work, but we must do it. It’s the only way to build a better human civilization.

There’s really only one way this plan could fail, and that’s if Mr. Pill’s counterparts arrive at the Tau Ceti system a couple of hundred years from now only to discover its habitable planet already inhabited.

By these gals.

D'oh!
D’oh!

Or maybe these, with a scantily clad mangina in tow:

Beata_Ariel_Trent

gelar
gelar

It feels like I can’t appreciate the full hilarity without going to the original post, but I really don’t want to do that.

seraph4377

So they have a planet five times the mass of Earth, and it’s constantly bombarded with space debris because there’s a huge cloud of the stuff that orbits around the star? And he wants to just…handwave that away with terraforming?

This requires restructuring of the entire solar system. Is there any major science fiction setting where humanity has magic technology on that scale?

vaiyt

At least he actually wants to Go His Own Way. Points for effort?

seraph4377

vaiyt – Nah. If his proposed method of “going his own way” is set in an endlessly distant future, using methods that may never exist, I don’t think he’s serious about it.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

I, for one, enthusiastically support this (young?) man’s plan. Please, by all means, boldly go where no man (or woman — ick!) has gone before — the sooner, the better. Live long and prosper, however it is done on Tau Ceti.

Thanks, David, for the second hilarious post in a row.

Zolnier

Won’t these guys have egg on their face when they discover Tau Ceti has already been settled by green skinned sleepless children and their telepathic siblings. *Is shot for unfunny joke only he’ll get*

I find it pretty funny that travel time isn’t even a factor in this guy’s reasoning, either the light barrier isn’t a thing according to him, stars are really close together, or he’s willing to spend the rest of his life cooped up in a metal tomb so…nobody can enjoy this brave new world because no women.

Zolnier

Also why Tau Ceti specifically? Why not say Gliese 832?

yutolia

The rest can be handled by genetic engineering and/or becoming cyborgs.

Mmmmmm-hmmmmm… they hate women so much that they’d rather live in a place where they have to become robots to survive. That’s totally rational, right?

cerberustheasexual
cerberustheasexual

ikanreed-

It’s that entitled attitude where they think technology will just solve their problems for them. These are people who’ve never even briefly considered the effort involved in raising crops on this planet that already supports human life.

They just think that they can shoot magic robots ahead of them that will “terraform” a planet for them.

And all the other observations in how libertarians and MGTOWs ramble endlessly about how they’ll totally have a utopic society if one day super technology will just let them get far enough away and how that’ll be so easy just hammers home how utterly disconnected from work these entitled crybabies really are.

I mean, looking at another group that had utopic delusions, lesbian separatists of the 1970s, we can see the complete failure all the more clearly. A bunch of lesbian women with far less power, money, and resources managed to make a number of semi-autonomous locales where they could test their theories and see how they worked in reality and yet a bunch of IT wankers making comfortable amounts of money and with all the advantages of white male privilege can’t get off their ass for a weekend to look into the cost of setting up a bloody commune?!?

It’s like all the malarky with MRA dudes claiming that women need to design men’s shelters for them, because the notion of just doing it themselves is somehow impossible. I mean for frick’s sake, the anarchists managed to set up a whole micronation in the middle of Copenhagen and get some measure of political and social autonomy, but the closest any of these douchebags have gotten is maybe that sovereign citizen thing which is basically just saying really loudly that you’re not going to pay taxes anymore.

Every time, when a dominant group is asked to do work to actually make the world they incessantly obsess about with sci-fi scenarios like this, they run screaming into hoping someone else makes the tech and they can just leech off it. And it’s the most obvious reason of why their better worlds would instantly fail, because the notion of not having an exploitable class to handle all the hard and difficult labor is a dealbreaker for these lazy assholes.

yutolia

Whoops, tried to make joking sarcasm tags and they didn’t show up! Oh well, I’ll do better next time.

Zolnier

Aren’t some of those lesbian only towns still around? With heavily aged populations of course but still doing pretty well. There is a pretty big difference in scope between “let’s set up a village” and “Let’s make Methuselah’s Children really dumb!”

weirwoodtreehugger

Daintydougal,

I can’t speak for WOC since I’m not one but I’m gonna take a wild guess and say most of them would be quite surprised to learn that only MOC (and apparently white men as well?) experience racism.

cerberustheasexual
cerberustheasexual

Zolnier-

True, but the only reason that these wankers are focusing only on Ultra Super Mega Sci-Fi Adventure Con as the only weal twue way to go their own way or form their super society is just an excuse for not actually following through. Oh, I’d totally copy this functional and semi-successful model used by endless queer districts of cities, commune living systems, and separatist towns, but for blah-de-blah reason that would totally be impratical so I need a system where I have my own giant mecha and a spare planet just because that means my dream is too far off for me to actually have to do anything.

I mean, how hard would it be for these MGTOWs to make a MGTOW house somewhere in the way people make kinky communes or QPOC communes or stoner communes or furry communes or socialist communes all the time? Or to form a semi-isolated living area where participants grow their own food and provide their own entertainment if the notion of seeing a woman at the grocery store when you head into town is too much misandry for them to be able to handle?

If they actually believed their own BS that is and this wasn’t just an excuse to fantasize about being a captive and trapped victim of a grave and powerful oppressive force?

Zolnier

Heh I just got this image of this guy managing to launch a colony ship of “Alphas” and beaten down women, and then this happens. http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/wise_12_10/

pendraegon
pendraegon

Cassie’s Major Domo

As someone who has dedicated a significant amount of his time studying Antarctica and developing a fascination with this amazing continent, I would like any MRA and MGTOWers to stay the hell away from it and keep their “menz colonies” out of there.

I just want to second this so hard. It’s one of my goals to someday set foot on Antarctica and I really don’t want to have to immediately suppress my rage when I do.

Zolnier

Won’t they be pissed when they find out some penguin species have been known to form same sex partnerships and that males often share childcare responsibilities.

Lea
Lea

I’m trying to imagine the ship this MGTOW would build to take him into the furthest reaches of space.

I keep picturing Wallace and Gromit’s ship in A Grand Day Out.

Zolnier

I look forward to seeing what these idiots will do with the ability to hack apart their genes.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

“They wouldn’t like the whore female penguins anyway.”

Don’t forget the Emperor Penginas.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Ninja’d by Zolnier…

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

This reminds me of Monty Python (skip to 0:42)

skiriki

I will…
1) Gladly chip in a fiver or tenner into the fund that allows them to leave this planet for good, forrrrrreeverrrrr. But only realistic spaceship plans, please.
2) Also assist in packing their stuff for the spaceship like a good little servant, if that’s what it takes to make them go away forrrrreverrrrr. I’ll take one for the team. Promise.

Frankly, considering that right now this technology does not exist, and is unlikely to exist for a long while, it reeks of “WELL I WOULD TOTES LEAVE EXCEPT I CANNOT SO I AM STUCK HERE AND WILL KEEP CRYING ABOUT IT” kind of thing.

ikanreed
ikanreed

@Cassie’s Major Domo

The word “bonkers” has never seriously referred to genuine mental illness. Come on. I know I’m new here too, but this abelism thing is the kind of argument that I see being referenced for trite unthinking dismissal over internet based social justice concerns all the time.

I don’t know what level of derail tolerance WHTM threads have for argumentation. No one making that kind of statement, is genuinely trying to conflate mental illness with misogyny. It almost comes off as an obsession with tone, not any sort of genuine concern for people with disabilities.

It’s absolute a bad argument, sure, for all sorts of reasons, but that’s just not the same as being a kind of prejudice. “Bonkers”, in particular has a clear cultural connotation of referring to irrational or nonsensical people, by virtue of the things they say or do.

I don’t know why I feel compelled to argue about this, I mean, I’m making the exact same sort of meta-argument I’m criticizing right now. I guess it just feels like cutting off criticism about the level of irrationality some of these arguments represent feels like it limits the pathos of their deconstruction? I don’t know. Sorry for the long-winded, unwanted response.

Zolnier

I would love to see these brave colonists encounter a parthenogenetic species.

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

@Ikanreed

Normally, I would agree with you. But Tyler has shown serious trolling activity before, and therefore deserves special consideration.

Robert
Robert

The idea of an MGTOW Paradise Island somewhere (like Galt’s Gulch, but even more unrealistic) has a certain appeal. The idea that women and sensible men would inevitably invade and ruin it is certainly risible.

These guys seem to see themselves as Heinlein heroes as written by Ayn Rand, or vice versa. Do they realize that they’re the only ones who do? No, of course not; introspection is for betas.

Regarding Antarctica, there is a SF story from a few decades ago, ‘Apartness’. It’s a postapocalytic tale set some years after the Northern Hemisphere gets fried in a nuclear exchange. One consequence is a bloody uprising in South Africa. The white elite flee in a convoy of ships and disappear. They are found to have landed in Antarctica and formed a new society of sorts, marked by rampant scurvy and malnutrition. The new South African government decides to leave them be – after all, wasn’t ‘apartness’ what they always wanted? Let them rot in it.

Professor Fate
Professor Fate

Wow. One of the things that just jumped out at me was when he wrote about the distant past – You know I could be wrong but I suspect that when our ancestors left the great rift valley there were at least a few women in that group so I’m not sure how that links to his vision of a human future without women. First time commenting – have been lurking for a bit.

ikanreed
ikanreed

@Cassie’s Major Domo

Oh, well, please forgive my personal ignorance of that particular piece of the puzzle.

@Robert

How do you disabuse them of those delusions of grandeur? I mean, there’s real world life experiences I’ve heard examples of curing Objectivetarians. Is there some way we could get them all into a coastal city that gets hit by a hurricane?

Karalora
Karalora

What gets me is the insistence that EVERY SOCIETY ON EARTH, NO REALLY YOU GUYS EVERY SINGLE ONE, IS DOMINATED BY FEMINISTS AND MANGINAS. India? Fem-topia. Saudi Arabia? Fem-topia! The FLDS? You better believe they’re a fem-topia!

What in the world (or a distant world) do these losers imagine a non-fem-topia society would be like?

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

@Ikanreed

No problem. I’m also a bit new on the commenting to usually point out abelism, especially if the person was a first time commenter. But I had some unpleasant run-ins with Tyler when he first started blathering yesterday (it starts here) that GamerGate wasn’t antifeminist, cited Christina Hoff Sommers as a feminist authority, and then starting to complain about tone, etc. He claims he’s not a troll, but he hasn’t shown any attempt to really learn about the site and the community. So when he reappears and pulls out “bonkers,” it’s just a huge warning sign to me.

cloudiah

I’m really busy today, but I just saw this hilarious example of how AVfM’s terrible graphics design has now spread to India:

(More graphics linked in the comments.)

Phoenician in a time of Romans

He hasn’t really thought this whole genetic manipulation thing through.

After all, one of the common tropes of sf is that when biotech gets up high enough, transsexual shifting will become routine and even recreational – wanna be a man, woman or neuter for a month?

Try to imagine what 21st century ninnies screaming about “manginas” will look like to people living in those cultures…

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

@Cloudiah

That graphic which basically tell a woman that the way to a man’s heart to literally act like his dog… there’s soooo much packed into that. The way I read it, the creator is trying to say, in the sweetest way he can, “Be my bitch.”

Also, “Learn the art of love from dogs”? Eeeeewww!

Phoenician in a time of Romans

David, you’re a mangina because you respect women and mock people who think they should be kept as sex-slaves. You can’t go! No tail for you!

I thought David was only a mangina so he could get tail? Now I’m confused…

roguepixie
roguepixie

@Zoinier—So true…

Leftwingfox:

ikanreed: I started writing a short story a while back where mankind discovers a cheap hyperdrive, and to solve overpopulation, they give any group with an ideological charter and 20,000 signatories a free trip off-world, then watch the results.

The most complete disaster were the Sovereign Citizen/radical libertarian movement of North America. Rugged individualism, no social safety net, and everyone armed. When faced with the consequences of “personal responsibility” for their own failures, the colony quickly descended into paranoia, banditry and complete horror.

Charlie Stross had that in his ‘Singularity Sky” universe, where the Eschaton seeded colonies of people throughout the universe. One of those colonies was a group of would-be space settler libertarian types which were settled in a space station rather than a terraformed world.

It turns out that on a space station dependent on myriad interconnected systems, there’s not a lot of room for libertarianism. After they shoved the last of them through the airlocks and settled down to as free a socialism as they could manage, they got on quite nicely…

Phoenician in a time of Romans

There are some women there, already, in research stations, but they don’t typically leave their stations to go wandering around in the deadly ice desert.

You’d be surprised. I once had an interesting conversation about how you pee while wearing a bunny suit in a blizzard…

sorceressensorcelled
sorceressensorcelled

“I thought David was only a mangina so he could get tail? Now I’m confused…”

That’s right, he’s a mangina as a sex strategy to get tail from women who will never give him tail because they’re too busy offering their tail to the guys who don’t want anything to do with their tail and instead want to blast off into space and create genetic modifications to give themselves tails…

Wait, now I’m confused too. I might have to take my brain out to make this equation work.

littlekatze

Okay, I’d love to send these guys to beyond the stars but since that’s not possible…may I suggest a mgtow fundraiser for a piece of land somewhere remote?
As for women and manginas following you, I heard fences help with that. And walls. Or you could pick one of those islands with deadly volcano gas. Seems quiet enough, couple of gasmasks and you’re good to go.
Bet you wouldn’t see a single woman or mangina ever again.
Just please, go !

Don’t worry, I got it.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Cloudiah
And they’re wondering why no good person takes them seriously and calling them a hate movement. Plus they couldn’t draw to save their miserable lives.

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

I decided to look into the manosphere’s connection to seasteading (which I’ve never heard them mention before, although I do know the concept) and didn’t uncover much. A forum topic on A Voice for Megalon with only three comments, and a video titled “MGTOW and Nationhood: A Proposal” which sounds fascinating(ly horrible) but is alas either private or has been removed.

Anyone else know about further MGTOW plans to Go Captain Nemo/Carl Stromberg? (Props to anyone who recognizes the second name.)

Kakanian
Kakanian

Wasn’t Captain Nemo clearly a dirty Fabian at heart?

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

Wasn’t Captain Nemo clearly a dirty Fabian at heart?

Since Jules Verne eventually became a French Nationalist and anti-Dreyfusard, the MRA/MGTOW crowd will probably meet him halfway on Nemo.

Don’t worry, I got it.

Well, off the top of my head, I thought Zolnier was either referencing Nancy Kress or Fred Pohl. I still don’t know what s/he had in mind, but I’m amused to see that it’s the setting for Barbarella too…

lkeke35
lkeke35

If I didn’t know better, I would, straightup, think this was an Onion article.

No, really! It has to be an Onion article.

Of course any planet this fool inhabited that he feels would be matriarchy free, no wait a minute…he is on a planet that’s matriarchy free.See the trouble is that he is a complete loser and e’s decided to blame women for having standards.

Phoenician in a time of Romans

Of course, this could be a subtle send-up of MRAs complete with an allusion to “The Lord of the Swastika” – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Dream#Novel_within_the_novel.E2.80.94Lord_of_the_Swastika

lkeke35
lkeke35

Let’s be blunt here. as much as they say they hate women, they also hate other men too. There’s no way any of them would go live in an all male society bc they know that sooner or later it would completely devolve into an alpha male pecking order version of Hell.All the problems you have with men now, would just be displaced onto all the men in that society who were perceived as being the weakest.

Just like their dreams of the apocalypse, where they feel they’ll be able to do hoard and abuse women with impunity. They don’t seem to realize that quite a large number of other male survivors will probably have the exact same idea. They’d really just end up spending all their time attempting to survive being robbed and killed by the other men. (Probably something very like McCarthy’s The Road.) There’s not going to be anything even remotely romantic about any of it.

Nequam
Nequam

Another forum I visit was discussing this and someone cogently noted that this plan sounds remarkably like the finale of Norman Spinrad’s The Iron Dream.