a voice for men advocacy of violence antifeminism evil wives evil women excusing abuse johntheother marital rape marriage strike masculinist India men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men paul elam playing the victim rape rape culture straw feminists zed

Masculinist India: A woman-hating "Men's Rights" group even more extreme than its Western inspirations

Feminists made me a misogynist: from Masculinist India
Feminists made me a misogynist: from Masculinist India

Congratulations, A Voice for Men. You are having an impact upon the world.

Or at least upon one organization in India, a truly reprehensible group called Masculinist India, which has adopted the histrionic rhetorical style, and even some of the specific arguments, advanced by AVFM and other North American Men’s Rights groups for a series of graphically challenged “masculinist” memes posted on Facebook and on the group’s web page. Masculinist India has even adopted AVFM’s preferred nomenclature, describing its members as “Men’s Human Rights Activists.” They are of course the complete opposite of “human rights” activists, campaigning instead against basic rights for women.

The influence of AVFM and other Western Men’s Rightsers can been seen again and again in Masculinist India’s posts and memes, which have all the sophistication and subtlety of Chick Tracts.

The “feminists made me a misogynist” logic of the meme above, for example, echoes the argument made in “Hate Bounces,” an influential MRA screed by MRA/MGTOW elder “Zed,” and by countless other MRAs including former AVFM Number Two John Hembling.

Other memes borrow not only the arguments of Western MRAs but recycle the same tired stock photos, like the angry woman in this meme, a favorite amongst Western MRAs.

2vvvv

Masculinist India’s graphics-makers are as obsessed with this “argument” as is AVFM’s Paul Elam.

Necessity of money

And they share AVFM’s fondness for threatening rhetoric — in this case complete with violent imagery.

8jhjh

And while AVFM’s Elam argues that men serving on juries should vote to acquit all men charged with rape, even if they’re obviously guilty, in order to protest an allegedly “misandrist” court system, the Masculinist India crew celebrates a court decision allowing married men to rape their wives with impunity. The following meme appears on their website under the taunting headline “Know Your Role, Girls.”  [TRIGGER WARNING for rape apologism, offensive imagery.]

3rape

I don’t even want to know why they chose bloody fingers for this graphic.

This meme, meanwhile, suggests that it’s an injustice that men are not allowed to forbid their wives from wearing blue jeans.

My life my way

Human rights: You’re doing it wrong.

Unfortunately, Masculinist India is not some obscure little group with no influence in the world. Its Facebook page has nearly twenty thousand “likes” — several thousand more, that is, than that of AVFM itself.

Apparently in India as well as the United States there is a market for this brand of hatred.

NOTE: Thanks to Cloudiah for bringing these memes to my attention.

hellkell
hellkell

Aitch: Bostonian is a regular.

hellkell
hellkell

Now excuse me, I’m off to wax philosophical on Richard Dawkins in the other topic.

Wax off.

LBT
LBT

Thanks for the apology, asshole.

hellkell
hellkell

LBT, glad to see you back around here! Was going to say something earlier, but chew toy.

LBT
LBT

Thanks, hellkell! You also might see another system member posting here besides me, if she sticks around. That has yet to be seen.

Aitch
Aitch

I thought it was just a lack of sarcasm tags that was the fail…

Aitch: Bostonian is a regular.

I do keep putting my foot in it today. Sorry, Bostonian. 🙁

Michael McG
Michael McG

How many guys get married just to have sex?

I’ve happily had sex for many years without being married…but I’m gay, so I don’t count.

LBT
LBT

RE: Michael McG

Hubby’s bi, and by all indications, he got around plenty before marrying me. Plenty of women were willing to bang him without marriage!

sparky
sparky

“Guy, do you agree with this: “If your wife stops having sex with you, have a conversation and proceed from there. But don’t proceed with rape”? Does “talk about it” answer your initial question?”

It does.

Oh, FFS. How many people told Just A Guy that over how many posts? I think Just A Troll needs a troll challenge for being so willfully dense.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Just A Guy | September 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I must emphasise that I wanted to push the discussion on the marital sex issue in a certain direction. I do agree with everything that you’ve said in response, except of course the notions that I’m somehow okay with rape. But I realise that I might have not expressed myself with a great deal of precision. Fear that sex stops is clearly an explanation. Not excuse. Hope the distinction is clear and nobody harbours any ill feelings towards me.

This whole comment is almost as disgusting and patronizing as the first one, but for the record? Plenty of “ill feelings” all around, dude, and you’ve earned them. Don’t do that “oh look at me, trying to cleverly manipulate the way the conversation unfolds” thing again.

LBT
LBT

RE: Cassandrasays

Furthermore, the idea he espouses, “Fear that sex stops is clearly an explanation,” ISN’T ACTUALLY TRUE. Our grandfather certainly didn’t assault the Kid because he was worried about sex stopping; we were his grandkid! And my rapist obviously wasn’t afraid of sex stopping, because he was raping us regularly. THEY HAD NOTHING TO FEAR, because they knew they could force sexual contact more or less whenever they wanted!

They weren’t raping us because they were afraid. They were raping us because they WEREN’T. They knew that nothing would happen to them, nobody would punish them, and they probably thought it was just awesome. They did it because they felt entitled to treat us like meat. They felt they had a right to our bodies, to our genitals, and that we didn’t have a right to stop them. And the worst part? PEOPLE AROUND US AGREED WITH THEM.

Even calling it an explanation, not an excuse, gives rapists more slack than I am willing to give them.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Fear that if the feminist framing of what counts as rape becomes generally accepted it will be a lot harder to get away with raping people, otoh, seems to be rather common among men like this dude.

brooked

@Sparky (who said what I was thinking about Just a Troll)

I mean, this is not a relationship blog. This a feminist blog that tracks and mocks misogyny. “Introverted and sexually awkward guys who can’t get sex” isn’t actually a feminist issue. Try Captain Awkward and Dr. Nerdlove, they have tons of great advice.

I’ve been interacting with these dipshits for over a year and it still surprises me how they can ignore any topic at hand because their personal dating/sex lives supersedes everything else happening on earth. Here’s a tip, try to not your base entire world view on your personal gripes with women you want to have sex with.

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

OMG Falconer’s babbies are wearing Mick Aston stripes! They’re gonna be Super Archaeologists armed with the power of Cute!

A.L.
A.L.

[blockquote]”If India–INDIA–is a “misandrist” society to these assholes, then WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR A SOCIETY NOT TO BE MISANDRIST??? Seriously! I’m asking![/blockquote]

didn’t girlwriteswhat at one point write an essay about how afghanistan – *afghanistan*!- is a gynocentric, misandrist society? these people think even the must extreme patriarchal societies are misandry because the men still have to share some of their food with the women they legally prevent from getting their own food.

A.L.
A.L.

sigh blockquotes idk what even

Bina
Bina

Truth.

And moreover, if you’re kvetching and they’re all backing away, consider that the common denominator in the problem is you.

alaisvex
alaisvex

I think that mandatory Goreanism would be the only thing that would satisfy these guys. Only the sex slaves would have to manual labor and grow and harvest all the food. Then they’d finally feel like they were living in an egalitarian society.

Bostonian
Bostonian

Aitch, I’m not a terribly common regular, so if I was unclear I apologise.

I do object to the idea that men must have rape and coercion in order to have sex in marriage, or the idea of mandatory sex, which was what Just A Guy was heading towards.

Syburi

I love (!) the way these guys start off arguing from the perspective that no woman will want to have sex with them, or that sex would have to be forced, or that it’s a punishment for her to have to have sex with him.

Yet somehow that’s not because of their arsehole attitude. It’s because radfems have indoctrinated women with this idea that they’re allowed to say “no.”

We’ll be wanting paid jobs next. And to be able to live autonomously.

weirwoodtreehugger

I sure missed a doozy of a conversation. What the fuck? Ad if absconding to another thread was going to make us forget rape apologia in this one!

Aitch
Aitch

Aitch, I’m not a terribly common regular, so if I was unclear I apologise

No need! But thank you 🙂

I think I just fell victim to Poe’s law. I’m absolutely on board with your second para, I won’t restate the hundred reasons why failing to get consent is not on and why consent at one point does not mean consent forever.

Zolnier
Zolnier

That logo in the corner, the absurdity of the main image completely distracted me from the fact this group’s symbol is a cock dragging along the ground.

Falconer

@Zolnier:

this group’s symbol is a cock dragging along the ground.

Oh god, CANNOT UNSEE.

Zolnier
Zolnier

At least they didn’t try making mangina into a visual pun.

Headless Unicorn Guy
Headless Unicorn Guy

Probably how they see themselves.
Talk about Truth in Advertising…

No wonder they think women are nothing more than a vagina support system. They’re nothing more than a giant penis support system themselves! Animals in rut, nothing more.

Zolnier
Zolnier

That guy’s life must be miserable, he’d probably die if he ever got aroused.

rohith
rohith

a man is sent to jail if he ask money from wife .

but he has to give his property to the same wife.

this is cruel for men .

thealterblog

I would not credit western MRAs with promoting this brand of hatred in India. It is the unfortunate reality of my country that education and access to technology has only put new tools in the hands of old haters. Misogyny and patriarchal attitudes have always been deeply ingrained here – women are as guilty of adding to their own misery and passing it on to newer generations as men.

One of the worst manifestations has perhaps been that horrible gangrape in Delhi two years ago. A documentary on that story was released only last week amidst much controversy in India. One of the convicts in the case, along with some lawyers go on record spewing hatred for women in the vilest terms. Most disturbingly, the documentary itself was banned in India – by our ruling government – under such flimsy pretenses that it provides a platform to the rapist, or that it embarrasses India in front of the world. As if the fact of the rape is less embarrassing than a documentary on the shameful incident.

As a measure of how much worse things are in India –
While Western feminists and MRAs are arguing over accountability in rape cases where the woman was intoxicated, in India, the debate hasn’t progressed beyond what young girls should wear when they step out of the home, or if indeed women need to step out at all. The rapist in the above mentioned documentary still maintains that the incident happened because the victim in that case – the 23-year-old medical student – was out at a late hour WITH A BOY!

Worse still, while some fringe groups and right-wing nut jobs in the West may be alone in their victim-blaming rhetoric, in India it is not uncommon for politicians, government officers, cops and assorted famous people to go on record saying insensitive, regressive things about rape victims.

As one of the saner voices – the writer, poet and member of parliament Javed Akhtar pointed out in parliament when the documentary came under controversy: the things that the rapist has said in the video, are the very thoughts many of our ministers have openly expressed in the past. The documentary in effect exposes the bitter truth of our society – the fact that so many of us think like a rapist.

Dexter J
Dexter J

MRA is always correct & good

Paradoxical Intention

Dexter J | August 23, 2015 at 1:09 pm
MRA is always correct & good

MRA also apparently cannot read, as this article is well over two years old.

Worst necrotroll yet.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Potato film quality aside, Dexter’s post just makes me think of this.

rohandharesh

This article is written by a male feminist white knight who is habituated to protect women by kicking other men irrespective of who is right and who is wrong in the hope of getting sexual favours from women. There are too many white knights and sexual slaves these days who would do any damn thing to get into bed with women. This article shows no logic and does not offer any explanation as to why masculism is wrong.

Hi everyone
Hi everyone

Can you grammar even?

PunkEdge
PunkEdge

I am an Indian man and I know what women and feminists have done in India. Last year, 70,.000 married indian men committed suicide bcoz of draconian bill Section 498A (which was pushed by feminist lobby).

Read that number again, 70,000 men……dead. A woman in india can legally , financially and emotionally rape a man in a court of law and broad daylight. Go to any arranged marriage website, read up any matrimonial profile, find out what % of indian women are ready to marry men who earns as much as them. Its all about money with women, always was and always will be. Website like jeevansathi have millions of profiles, and I would say 98% of women, demand that their would be husband earn at least twice as much as they do. In most cases however, amount can even go as high as 5 times! That’s equality from female perspective. I love the MGTOW and red pill movement. God bless paul elam and future leaders of men rights movement. Feminists have turned the world upside down in their man hatred. Marriage today is a bomb waiting to go off. It can not only leave the man emotionally, physically and financially destroyed. It can very righteously even kill him……and his murderer can later on shout “misogyny”…and simply walk out of the court with all the dead partners money….and find the next victim in next few months. Women need to be ashamed of themselves for what they are doing to men in India. This was not our culture. These bra burners have introduced this man hatred in india. Why cant culturally decadent countries like USA, keep their stinking pop culture and soaring divorce rates to themselves?

idli sambar
idli sambar

I know this is an old thread, seeing it 4 years too late. It was around the time I went offline so missed it but glad this group is getting covered by someone outside India. This as well as other mens’ rights groups in India sprang off of the old Save India Family. I actually have a family member who was part of Save India Family and you can’t believe the grief he created for our Indian family!

Your husband should not be your source of income.

OK so then why this…

For women money is a lifestyle. For men it is winning or losing. Stop reservation for women.

If you don’t want to be women’s source of income then why oppose affirmative action (reservations) for women?

Arranged marriage website? Really? Arranged marriages are not a matter of 2 individuals coming together because feelz. It’s a matter of two entire families coming together because same caste, religion, region, education and socio-economic background. The groom’s family wants a daughter in law with lots of dowry money and ongoing money for them. So before you say Indian women “demand” high earning husband, stop your own parents from demanding a high dowry daughter in law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auberus
auberus
1 year ago

Are you really surprised to see this coming out of India? There are still places there that practice suttee — they burn widows alive on their husband’s pyre.

Screen New Deal
Screen New Deal
2 months ago

I wonder if the this Masculinist India group has anything to do with Hindutva?

1 3 4 5