#gamergate $MONEY$ antifeminism entitled babies evil SJWs expats false accusations harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny no games for girls no girls allowed nonpology PUA reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh sarkeesian!

Did Professional Sarkeesian-hater Davis Aurini Commit Felony Wire Fraud? Hell if I know, but he’s definitely an unethical dick.

Davis Aurini, doing his best "Blue Steel" for the camera.
Davis Aurini, doing his best impersonation of a cartoon villain.

On Friday, expat woman-hating woman-chaser Roosh Valizadeh put up a post on his Return of Kings blog with the sensationalized headline Did Anita Sarkeesian Commit Felony Wire Fraud?”

Roosh breathlessly “reported” that

Two independent journalists have confirmed with the San Francisco Police Department that Anita Sarkeesian, a video game social justice warrior, may have used false pretenses to raise money for her non-profit entity. The police have said that she has not contacted them as she claimed after receiving a Twitter death threat in August. Under Federal law, this may put her on the hook for felony wire fraud.

The two “independent journalists” in question are tech journalist and self-described “fan of 4chan” Milo Yiannopoulos of Breitbart, and Davis Aurini, the cigarette-smoking, scotch-drinking, Anton LaVey-looking blogger who’s trying to raise money to make a “documentary” about the evils of Anita Sarkeesian and “social justice warriors.”

Both journalists – well, the one dude who writes for a sleazeball right-wing site and the other dude who’s not actually a journalist at all – did indeed contact the San Francisco Police Department and were told by a media spokesman that he couldn’t find a record of Sarkeesian contacting them about the threats she received in August.

This bit of “news” sent #GamerGaters and other Sarkeesian-haters around the internet into a bit of a frenzy.

But it turns out they got worked up over nothing. The police spokesman just hadn’t looked hard enough. A day after Tweeting a number of accusatory questions to Sarkeesian, Yiannopoulos had to backtrack, noting in a series of Tweets that he’d had another conversation with the SFPD, who told him that Sarkeesian had in fact reported the harassment to the FBI.

Another writer posted emails he’d gotten from the police spokesman that seemed to confirm Yiannopoulos’ updated information. In the emails, SFPD Public Information Officer Albie Esparza said that Sarkeesian had indeed contacted the SFPD in August but that the case had been handed off to the FBI. (I’ve confirmed this with Esparza .)

Given that the main “proof” that Sarkeesian was lying about the threats she said she received had just vanished into thin air, you might expect that Roosh and Aurini might, you know, correct their now-clearly incorrect posts on the subject and retract their accusations. Well, not so much.

Roosh’s post remains up, with only a brief “update” at the end, noting that “the police have changed their story and now state that they were contacted.” Aurini’s post remains unchanged, and as I write this he’s posted nothing more on the subject.

Even considering the people we’re dealing with here, the hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Roosh ends his post by declaring that

these new revelations concerning Sarkeesian show that no form of media is safe from the SJW and feminist agenda, and that we must do all the fact checking ourselves. The entire media establishment in the United States is potentially corrupt. Proceed accordingly.

Yet he refuses to frankly acknowledge that the “new revelations concerning Sarkeesian” were based on faulty information, offering instead a weasel-worded “update.”

Aurini, for his part, claims in his post to be “fight[ing] for openness and integrity within Tech and Video Game circles.” But he hasn’t bothered to update his post.

When ethical journalists discover that they were wrong about something, they acknowledge their errors and post straightforward corrections. When they get something spectacularly wrong, they apologize.

Somehow I don’t think we’ll be getting apologies from either of these guys.

And thus we get to the whole wire fraud thing. In his post, Roosh repeated a claim made by Mike Cernovich of the “game” blog Danger and Play, who tweeted:

As it turns out, there’s zero proof that Sarkeesian lied about anything here. And she made no direct connection between the threats and her Tweet asking for donations.

Indeed, by Cernovich’s logic it’s Davis Aurini, not Anita Sarkeesian, who’s guilty of felony wire fraud. Why?

Because in his post, he made a direct connection between his accusations against Sarkeesian and his own fundraising efforts. Here’s how he ended his piece:

Personally, I’d like to see a lot MORE documentation on Sarkeesian, because this isn’t the only claim she’s made which I suspect is fraudulent – and not just her, but all of the individuals hiding behind the shield of Social Justice, and the journalists who have been aiding and abetting them, culminating in outrage known as #GamerGate. That’s why Jordan Owen and myself have started a Patreon page, so that we can create a feature-length documentary about these people and their methods, and how they bully and victimize the very people they claim to support.

So please help us get this documentary made, so that we can fight for openness and integrity within Tech and Video Game circles, and expose the professional victims for the con artists that they are. Please support our documentary, The Sarkeesian Effect: Inside the World of Social Justice Warriors.

Given that Aurini now knows that his post was based on faulty information, and given that he hasn’t corrected his post or retracted his insinuations, could he now be guilty of felony wire fraud?

For what it’s worth, I don’t think so. While admittedly I’m no lawyer, Cernovich’s logic seems to me like a bit of a stretch.

I do feel safe in saying, however, that neither Roosh V. nor Davis Aurini should be lecturing anyone about ethics.

UPDATE: I confirmed with the SFPD that Sarkeesian had indeed called the SFPD and that the case was handed off to the FBI; the post has been updated to reflect that.

pecunium

The rest of his tweets are a mixed bag… pretty typical glibertarian stuff, mixed with being a follower of WF Price and some other terrible pick-up lines.

Not a deep thinker.

strivingally

@ WWTH: that would have to be assfax, to my knowledge. No studies on people who fabricate rape reports has been done, at least not that I have found.
Of course, some of those were actual victims hectored into recanting, so it’s hard to tell which false rape reports are really false.

There is this one study that Yes Means Yes wrote about, which suggests the false allegation rate is 2-6%. Their methodology excludes a lot of cases that’d likely be included if you were interested in giving a higher result.

vaiyt

feminists talking about misogyny are being implicitly transphobic because they assume that women (meaning cis women, of course) actually exist and have a particular set of problems worthy of consideration.

This is the misogyny equivalent of “colorblindness” – you’re talking about gender binary as if it’s a Thing, therefore you are the real bigot. Well, yeah, race/gender are a thing that people believe in, and it has an impact on our lives regardless of its truth value.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

@ striving…Salon had an article about a meta- analysis that said 6-8% of reports are false.
But as to how many of those false reporters ID’ed themselves as feminists, we have no data.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Race is a social construct with no genetic validity, but racism’s real.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

So, he straight-out says he’s a stalker (assuming it isn’t a made-up story) as if it’s some sort of pick-up line, and he links to RoK.

That says he’s likely a rapist or wannabe rapist, to me.

Yeah, I don’t think false accusations are going to be his real problem.

“My dear?” Ewwwwww! That reminds me of Harold from The Stand. Or any of the m’lady type guys.

Reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood. “The better to stalk you with, my dear”…ew.

Thank you. I was going to make this point, but then he was banned and I had to get back to work anyway.

Bina
Bina

P.S. I don’t date or sleep with feminists, so scat – I’m not getting falsely accused of rape .

That’s okay, trollboy, I have zero interest in sleeping with the likes of you.

And I bet your shitty blog doesn’t get many female visitors anyway.

GrumpyOldMan

“P.S. I don’t date or sleep with feminists, so scat – I’m not getting falsely accused of rape.”

This is actually a rather interesting statement. Is he saying that only feminists make false accusations of rape? I don’t think I’ve ever heard that from an MRA — to them, all women are deceitful hypergamites who will do anything to make life miserable for any man they encounter. Or is he admitting to being a PUA and only dating/sleeping with non-feminist women, defined as those with such low self-esteem that they’d never reject any male sexual attention? In other words, is his definition of a feminist “any woman who is not totally grateful that I would deign to fuck her”? By that sort of definition, one might well say that feminism has won the Battle.

pecunium

I think it’s the idea that “Real Women” don’t regret bad sex, so they don’t end up with “buyer’s remorse”.

This is, of course, bullshit. On that model it’s non-feminists who are the greater threat (esp. to any PUA) as they are more invested in sex being, “special”, and “with the right person”, since they are more likely to be accepting the idea that “purity = moral/decent” and so have a reputation to maintain.

But coherent ideas about men/women are not their strong suit.

Myoo
Myoo

And why would not sleeping with feminists prevent false rape accusations anyway? According to their world view, feminists/women accuse men of rape all the time and the courts convict those men based on nothing but the feminists word, so why does sex have to happen for them to be falsely accused?
I think they are very much aware that false rape accusations aren’t a thing. The reason they avoid “sleeping with” feminists is because feminists tend to know more about rape than non-feminists, and thus are more likely to rightfully accuse rapists of being rapists.

GrumpyOldMan

@Myoo I don’t think they are really in danger of finding feminists that are willing to get near enough to fuck in the first place.

Chris Jacob

“the police have changed their story and now state that they were contacted” Wait, is he implying that the POLICE are in on the SJW conspiracy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *Wipes a tear*

RandomPoster
RandomPoster

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

So acknowledging women as humans rather than fuck-and-kill toys emasculates you, does it? Having games exist that aren’t entirely about white dudes fapping is soooooo threatening?

And you’re the one wanting women to hero-worship you? What a loser you are.

weirwoodtreehugger

Wow. RandomPester seems to be really desperate for attention right now.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Thank you, he was particularly tedious.

sparky
sparky

Yes, thank you David!

It’s amazing how a little mild criticism of sexist tropes in video games is “emasculating.”

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

I suggest we destroy model trains! Who’s with me?

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

No, Cassie’s Major Domo, let’s be even MORE ebil!!! We’ll leave the trains, but paint them all pink and make everyone act like SJW!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! And boys will only be able to watch, while their mommies and sisters control the switches!!!

hellkell
hellkell

All the model towns must have shoes stores and a Yankee Candle Company!

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

And lavender seals along the tracks! With whore penguins! And to watch the train, all boys must sit on hard chairs!

GrumpyOldMan

“When (hetero)male-oriented gaming is emasculated and castrated, what other straight male hobby, will feminazis decide to attack and ruin and destroy next, I wonder?…”

Jeez, these guys emasculate/castrate pretty easily, don’t they.
The feminazis are already trying to deprive the dudes of sexual assault and domestic violence, and football is on its way to self-destruction because the level of violence among such large men is more than human brains and joints can withstand — so might I suggest the ultimate straight male hobby — war.

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

New: SJW Scale Train Set! More reverse-racist and misandrist than HO Scale!

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

Is Yankee Candle Company a scented candle company? This is very important!

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

Uh, oh! I sense a problem, here. Is SJW scale compatible with G scale? Or have I just (inadvertently, I swear!) angered the FHC, again? Can’t I just paint the G scale tracks pink?

hellkell
hellkell

grumpyoldnruse: Yankee Candle is exactly that.

grumpyoldnurse
grumpyoldnurse

Excellent, hellkell! Continue the misandry!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH::cough::HAHAHAHA!!!!!

cloudiah

Speaking of penguins (nice segue, cloudiah), I participate in a series of Citizen Science projects called Zooniverse, where they ask people to help them tag and otherwise enhance large collections of scientific data. Now there’s one specifically about penguins! Make Tom Martin cry by setting up an account and tagging images of penguins, chicks, and eggs–FOR SCIENCE!

contrapangloss

… I seem to remember some MRA/PUA type a while back who was already totally convinced women were evil…

… because his mother never bought him a train-set.

LBT
LBT

To really make them suffer, we’ll also insist there be lesbian POC trains on Thomas the Tank Engine! MWAHAHAHA! That’ll really emasculate them!

Sean Hall

LMAO, oh dear where does one even begin. Is this all you have??? Name calling?? Are you serious? You ever sit there and say to yourselves, yeah, what I do is righteous because when someone presents facts (like some scamming huckster named Sarkeesian who obviously lied about threats) you say, hey, we can call these people names I feel justified in my beliefs now. Seriously, what goes on in the minds of people like you? Is there no separation of emotion and logic? The worst thing is, you know in your hearts she made it up.

cloudiah

I couldn’t let that flaming contradiction pass without comment.

cloudiah

“I mean, I’ve presented no evidence that she made it up, Aurini has presented no evidence that she made it up, but LOGIC DICTATES THAT YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEARTS SHE IS GUILTY, GUILTY I SAY, GUILTY!!!”

marinerachel
marinerachel

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!1!!1!11!1!1!1!111!1!111111

Sean Hall
Reply to  cloudiah

Please explain how that is contradictory? She made it up and got flat out busted. She then takes it to another level and claims the SF Police department blew her off and told her to switch occupations. Again, another lie. So now she’s attacking men for something she wrote up (I want to drink your blood and drink in your smiles..ARE YOU SERIOUS) and now she’s mocking the SF Police for another imaginary incident. These people have proven this. My point is, if you want to be a feminist or have some lame blog where you name call anyone who points out this stupidity thats fine. But why back a false prophet? You understand you don’t have to support any person out there who says naughty things about guys playing video games (giggle). She’s a con artist and a fraud and used many false statements and lies to gain sympathy, ink, and cash. If you want to be a sucker your whole life and propel these people into immense wealth…then you have my sympathy. BTW, don’t donate too much to her. You never know when those EBT benefits might run out.

Sean Hall

They just proved she lied. Many people have called the SF Police and they have no record of her calling. All she has to do is provide one name, one Police report number, something, anything? They will run the IP address and she who this person is. Why hasn’t she done any of this? Why not make her nemesis look like idiots and haters. The answer is she wrote it all up (no man would write that) and now is trying to back away from it. She knew sheep like you would swallow it up because you think with your emotions and not logic. Case in point.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Sorry, I’m not following your Logick ™. Can you break it down into something more familiar for me? Is this syllogistic logic, or propositional logic? Is this second- or third-order logic? Can you put this into a proper logical formulation? Because to me this just looks like a word salad made of emotion.

Sean Hall

Woman = good, man = bad. It’s sad but thats all thats needed to sell something to a woman in this country. A country where women live far better than women anywhere else. What a simple and sad and one dimensional creature to be allowed to be mind molded using that one simple sales technique.

cloudiah

Sean, please stick around for a while. You show some small promise as a chew toy. You’ve mentioned EBT; how come you haven’t said anything about our weight or our cats?

:: sharpens fangs ::

weirwoodtreehugger

Citation needed Sean Hall. On everything you’ve written.

Sean Hall

I call it simple logic. Lets simplify. She has made a career of doing nothing but attacking video games (my god….how trivial) and making false statements (she’s been threatened, she’s a gamer, etc.). All of these things have been proven false. However, where you come in is she is attacking men and that tickles your fancy. So therefore you back her even though her statements are clearly false and the SF Police has proven that. That is called using emotion instead of logic. This is also the reason why women vote for security over freedom.

cloudiah

Woman = good, man = bad.

You know a man writes this blog, right? (Well, technically, it’s a bunch of ferrets in a man-suit, but I’m pretty sure they’re male ferrets.)

But I am getting closer to BINGO!

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

That is pretty much the logic in its essential form.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

Please explain how that is contradictory?

You demanded that we separate logic from emotion, then demanded that we use our emotions (“you know in your hearts”) to reach a conclusion.

Sadly for you, we deal in truth here, not truthiness. If you have any actual proof that she lied, please feel free to present it. Appealing to our “hearts” isn’t terribly logical, bro.

Sean Hall

I don’t know if you have cats or if you are heavy. To be honest I don’t really care about that. But i’m sure i’m gonna be hearing a “you hate your mother”, “you are just bitter”, and “wow, just wow” coming my way real fast.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Alos too and besides thanks for the mansplaining square, Sean.

Sean Hall

Emily, you are not always going to get a video tape showing someone is lying. But clearly she has made false statements here. Do you honestly think she wouldn’t want to fry her critics and not present the truth to this? The SF Police has stated they no record of her speaking with them and have even stated they have tried contacting her to no avail. I mean…..come on…..what you want here, a note from God.

cloudiah

her statements are clearly false and the SF Police has proven that.

Dude, dude, dude. You may want to read the original blog post at top, which has links to the SFPD acknowledging that Sarkeesian filed a police report and it was handed over to the FBI.

You are really showing your ass in a spectacular fashion!

1 5 6 7 8 9 12