#gamergate $MONEY$ antifeminism entitled babies evil SJWs expats false accusations harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny no games for girls no girls allowed nonpology PUA reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh sarkeesian!

Did Professional Sarkeesian-hater Davis Aurini Commit Felony Wire Fraud? Hell if I know, but he’s definitely an unethical dick.

Davis Aurini, doing his best "Blue Steel" for the camera.
Davis Aurini, doing his best impersonation of a cartoon villain.

On Friday, expat woman-hating woman-chaser Roosh Valizadeh put up a post on his Return of Kings blog with the sensationalized headline Did Anita Sarkeesian Commit Felony Wire Fraud?”

Roosh breathlessly “reported” that

Two independent journalists have confirmed with the San Francisco Police Department that Anita Sarkeesian, a video game social justice warrior, may have used false pretenses to raise money for her non-profit entity. The police have said that she has not contacted them as she claimed after receiving a Twitter death threat in August. Under Federal law, this may put her on the hook for felony wire fraud.

The two “independent journalists” in question are tech journalist and self-described “fan of 4chan” Milo Yiannopoulos of Breitbart, and Davis Aurini, the cigarette-smoking, scotch-drinking, Anton LaVey-looking blogger who’s trying to raise money to make a “documentary” about the evils of Anita Sarkeesian and “social justice warriors.”

Both journalists – well, the one dude who writes for a sleazeball right-wing site and the other dude who’s not actually a journalist at all – did indeed contact the San Francisco Police Department and were told by a media spokesman that he couldn’t find a record of Sarkeesian contacting them about the threats she received in August.

This bit of “news” sent #GamerGaters and other Sarkeesian-haters around the internet into a bit of a frenzy.

But it turns out they got worked up over nothing. The police spokesman just hadn’t looked hard enough. A day after Tweeting a number of accusatory questions to Sarkeesian, Yiannopoulos had to backtrack, noting in a series of Tweets that he’d had another conversation with the SFPD, who told him that Sarkeesian had in fact reported the harassment to the FBI.

Another writer posted emails he’d gotten from the police spokesman that seemed to confirm Yiannopoulos’ updated information. In the emails, SFPD Public Information Officer Albie Esparza said that Sarkeesian had indeed contacted the SFPD in August but that the case had been handed off to the FBI. (I’ve confirmed this with Esparza .)

Given that the main “proof” that Sarkeesian was lying about the threats she said she received had just vanished into thin air, you might expect that Roosh and Aurini might, you know, correct their now-clearly incorrect posts on the subject and retract their accusations. Well, not so much.

Roosh’s post remains up, with only a brief “update” at the end, noting that “the police have changed their story and now state that they were contacted.” Aurini’s post remains unchanged, and as I write this he’s posted nothing more on the subject.

Even considering the people we’re dealing with here, the hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Roosh ends his post by declaring that

these new revelations concerning Sarkeesian show that no form of media is safe from the SJW and feminist agenda, and that we must do all the fact checking ourselves. The entire media establishment in the United States is potentially corrupt. Proceed accordingly.

Yet he refuses to frankly acknowledge that the “new revelations concerning Sarkeesian” were based on faulty information, offering instead a weasel-worded “update.”

Aurini, for his part, claims in his post to be “fight[ing] for openness and integrity within Tech and Video Game circles.” But he hasn’t bothered to update his post.

When ethical journalists discover that they were wrong about something, they acknowledge their errors and post straightforward corrections. When they get something spectacularly wrong, they apologize.

Somehow I don’t think we’ll be getting apologies from either of these guys.

And thus we get to the whole wire fraud thing. In his post, Roosh repeated a claim made by Mike Cernovich of the “game” blog Danger and Play, who tweeted:

As it turns out, there’s zero proof that Sarkeesian lied about anything here. And she made no direct connection between the threats and her Tweet asking for donations.

Indeed, by Cernovich’s logic it’s Davis Aurini, not Anita Sarkeesian, who’s guilty of felony wire fraud. Why?

Because in his post, he made a direct connection between his accusations against Sarkeesian and his own fundraising efforts. Here’s how he ended his piece:

Personally, I’d like to see a lot MORE documentation on Sarkeesian, because this isn’t the only claim she’s made which I suspect is fraudulent – and not just her, but all of the individuals hiding behind the shield of Social Justice, and the journalists who have been aiding and abetting them, culminating in outrage known as #GamerGate. That’s why Jordan Owen and myself have started a Patreon page, so that we can create a feature-length documentary about these people and their methods, and how they bully and victimize the very people they claim to support.

So please help us get this documentary made, so that we can fight for openness and integrity within Tech and Video Game circles, and expose the professional victims for the con artists that they are. Please support our documentary, The Sarkeesian Effect: Inside the World of Social Justice Warriors.

Given that Aurini now knows that his post was based on faulty information, and given that he hasn’t corrected his post or retracted his insinuations, could he now be guilty of felony wire fraud?

For what it’s worth, I don’t think so. While admittedly I’m no lawyer, Cernovich’s logic seems to me like a bit of a stretch.

I do feel safe in saying, however, that neither Roosh V. nor Davis Aurini should be lecturing anyone about ethics.

UPDATE: I confirmed with the SFPD that Sarkeesian had indeed called the SFPD and that the case was handed off to the FBI; the post has been updated to reflect that.

Lea
Lea

Fail?
Rage?

The troll has an active imagination. I’ll give him that.

JoergR

So even before the lying, I hit angry at why the police would even answer them. Then i6 remembered this article about gun nut groups who request information on who complaint about them to the police, and that they have to give out that information – I think depending on the state. They use it to then even get home addresses and phone numbers of people complaining about them, and of course then harass them. So I wonder if that here was the goal as well – get Anita Sarkeesian’s address or phone number from the police.

cassandrakitty

Maybe that’s why men are so afraid of women laughing at them? They assume that there’s homicidal rage lurking underneath the snickering?

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

He was an annoyance. I don’t appreciate wasting effort in composing an actual, thoughtful reply to someone who’s going to totally ignore it.
All future versions of assbag get one serious reply. After that I’m going rabid.

Cassie's Major Domo
Cassie's Major Domo

Nationalist Dude was useful as a troll in one way: we now know that the 4channers are also attempting to sockpuppet as trans* people.

pendraegon
pendraegon

Cassie’s Major Domo – The best way to anticipate what 4channers are doing is just think of the most pettily, mean-spirited, juvenile stunt you can. Then assume they already did that and are now behaving even more poorly.

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

She reminds me of Judgy Bitch, like if you genespliced her with Sunshine Mary.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

GrumpyOldMan

Our recent troll (I am avoiding using his nym because I don’t want to slur Armenians in general) seems to be arguing that feminists talking about misogyny are being implicitly transphobic because they assume that women (meaning cis women, of course) actually exist and have a particular set of problems worthy of consideration. Feminists are always transphobic because they are exclusively cis women who think they are special snowflakes because vagina. (In fact, vaginas are transphobic even if they are not dentata.) I think I have this more or less right — isn’t logicking fun!
In fact, I think he was only here to shit on the carpet in as many places as possible. I don’t think he could possibly have read the Great Blowup Thread — or was even a lurker, because his comments were so unrelated to actual discussions here, and his later comments were so unresponsive to replies he received. He indicated he felt bullied by normally negative responses (he’s obviously far too sensitive for 4chan). He anticipated some pretty strange responses — when is the last time “small dick” was used as an insult at WHTM? He was mainly trying to push as many buttons as possible — the transphobia thing was just another one of the series, since nobody had said anything transphobic (unless you assume that feminism and discussions of misogyny are always binary and therefore per se transphobic) It would have set off my trolldar if it had not already been ringing at full volume.

I’ll be honest about one thing. I now dismiss feminism entirely – regardless of who is espousing it or the validity of some of their points

In other words: “Just because they are right I don’t have to believe them.” Way to be taken seriously, buddy.

cassandrakitty

I’m just curious to see if they’ll be successful in infiltration any of the communities they’re targeting. The smart money is on “LOL no” so far.

cassandrakitty

I really don’t think they put that much thought into it, it’s just “oh, this is something I’ve seen feminists arguing about, bet I can use it to rile people up”.

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

I think I need an asshole to English translation for “contradiction theory”. And yeah, anyone whose trolldar didn’t immediately start ringing the moment trolly tried the whole “we trans people” thing needs to take theirs in to the shop for repairs.

Ha, he was an obvious troll from his first post.

GrumpyOldMan

The problem is that to be an effective infiltrator, you have to understand the other side and its arguments fairly well. Judging from what I’ve see, I don’t see how nay of them can get there.

cassandrakitty

He tried “Armenians win the oppression olympics and if you don’t agree you’re a big meanie” first, but nobody was biting so he moved on to something new.

cassandrakitty

Also misogynists seem to think all women despise Kim Kardashian? In a specifically hate/envy/girls all hate each other way rather than in an “ugh, reality TV way”. So I’m guessing mentioning her was supposed to rile us up too.

proxieme
proxieme

Nationalist Ass’s level of half-assery makes me sad 🙁

Poor guy.

He tries and he tries but he still sucks.

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

LOL he’s forgetting that some of us know no more about her than “someone on American television” and care less either way.

Bina
Bina

Whelp. That was a confusing word salad.

::burp::

Yup. Followed by a watery word soup.

I’d tell him to fetch me a word sammitch, but I know it would only be baloney on Wonder Bread.

contrapangloss

Uh, so I’m American. Regardless, who is Kim Kardashian? I haven’t the foggiest. Why am I supposed to know who she(?) is?

I’m not sure I want to google anyone a troll brings up as a gotcha.

pendraegon
pendraegon

The entire Kardashian clan is the current pop culture pinnacle of conspicuous consumption. You’re not missing much on not knowing who is she is, frankly it’s not worth the brain space.

cassandrakitty

Former reality TV person who’s now married to Kanye West.

chronic lurker
chronic lurker

She’s a celeb who got famous for reasons I don’t understand.
I first heard about her when she was being accused of using sweatshops associated with child labor that used unsafe work practices. I don’t know much else about her, and I’m getting frustrated googling “Kim Kardashian child labor” because apparently she’s having a baby, so google thinks I want to know everything about her pregnancy. -_-

Bina
Bina

She’s a celeb who got famous for reasons I don’t understand.

The main one being a sex tape rumored to have been directed by her obnoxious fameball plastic surgery addict mother. Basically, the whole “leaked sex tape” that just happens to sell like hotcakes thing can be traced back to her and Paris Hilton. Both of whom are legendarily vapid. (I’m willing to bet their tapes are, too…zzzzzzz.)

In short, she’s famous for precisely NOTHING.

chronic lurker
chronic lurker

And according to Southpark she’s a hobbit

chronic lurker
chronic lurker

@Bina
Thanks for the explanation 🙂
Well, sex sells I suppose. But wow, that one sex tape went a long way I guess. o_O

weirwoodtreehugger

Thanks for subjecting yourself to the troll’s inane ramblings so we don’t have to. I knew damn well he wasn’t trans.

I’m picturing him as Billy Madison having to go back to troll school and hang with all the trollets.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Well, trans guys have 2X chromosomes…this gives them precisely double the chance to carry the gene for male pattern baldness.
Makes me very hesitant to try a partial androgenization…I’m afraid I’ll go bald. I’m not a guy, but I envy beards.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

@ joergr..I would not be surprised if Aurini tried to weasel Sarkeesian’s personal info out of SFPD. I would guess that he’d fail, that’s not a small-town PD.

contrapangloss

Blahlistic, did your mother’s male relatives (dad, sibs) have great hair? Did your maternal grandmother’s male relatives? If so, you’re probably safe.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

I found this gem on Armenia’s blog, right after a link to RoK (in case you weren’t convinced he was a dumbass and a douche):

P.S. I don’t date or sleep with feminists, so scat – I’m not getting falsely accused of rape .

Because I’m sure feminists were lining up around the block to date this guy.

contrapangloss

Blahlistic, I’m also pretty sure it’s an autosomal recessive on the X chromosome, so you’d probably be safe, regardless.

Ladies can have male pattern baldness, too! (In multiple ways).

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

@ pan…nope, mom’s dad went bald. Otoh, the uncle who’s still in the family has good hair.

weirwoodtreehugger

I don’t suppose Armenia has any actual evidence besides assfax that feminists are more likely to falsely accuse someone of rape?

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

…it’s a moot point ATM,money. But if I do T, it would be gel, which works slowly. No sudden surprises.

pendraegon
pendraegon

I always assume the chain of false rape accusation logic went thusly:

1: Say feminists make up rape accusations.

2: ???????

3: Profit!

cassandrakitty

“I’m safe from being falsely accused of rape because I don’t date feminists” is one of those things that prompts the “huh? wait, what?” responses in people being exposed to its ideology for the first time that the MRM is best known.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

@ WWTH: that would have to be assfax, to my knowledge. No studies on people who fabricate rape reports has been done, at least not that I have found.
Of course, some of those were actual victims hectored into recanting, so it’s hard to tell which false rape reports are really false.

Jamall
Jamall

@contrapanglass autosomal genes are genes other than the sex-linked genes.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

@ jamall,Thx for reminding me…college biology is becoming a pre- breakdown blur. Barr bodies are partly deactivated…um…sex chromosome thingies in the females of species that use chromosome- based gender selection.
Wow, I really lost a lot of intellect. At any rate, females inherit two copies of the sex chromosomes, males of species that use xy sexual selection get the y chromosome, which is….oh fuck.

It’s why it is exceedingly rare to ever see a male calico cat and why I need to go look some shit up tomorrow because I fucking learned this. GRR!

pecunium

Pecu? really…? Where is the cleverness of insult you demand? I bet you don’t give a reacharound either.

I didn’t see shit, and I have no idea who Ally is.

Nice to see you admit you don’t limit your dishonesty to mere intellect, but also engage in plain old everyday mendacity.

I literally love you people. Haven’t been this amused since ‘Nam.

Haven’t been this amused since ‘Nam.

I’ve seen your photos, read your comments about family. You weren’t in Viet-Nam (not unless you were a tourist… is that how you avoid those rape accusations you are worried about?).

Your profile declares you to be an MRA, and a misogynist… embrace the suck, cause you’re livin’ in it.

pecunium

bahlistic: I suspect the reason the cloned cat was calico, was to show that clones aren’t quite the perfect copies people think; since the randomness of the off-switch for the duplicated color patter on the x chromosome means you can’t get the same exact cat (or that, if you did; esp. more than once, you’d have a Babelfish-level proof of God).

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Nah just the genetics of plain old’ calico cats, not cloned ones…tho if you cloned a female cat her xx expression would be different, because one half of the x chromosome is deactivated during development.
Thus, even in a genetic copy, expression varies.

This is also why there’s no telling if I could grow a beard without going bald, as the deactivation is somewhat random. Maybe, maybe not.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Well, each cloned kitty would express differently, therefore look and act differently, despite being identical genetically.

contrapangloss

Jamall, correct. But genes on the x-chromosome can be wacky with respect to expression in females, with some (not all) acting similar to autosomal recessives.

I was oversimplifying.

Genetics is so wonky. I love the math, but it’s so wonky. And, despite the simple dogma, nothing is simple.

Even if you know the alleles and their position, you still have to figure out the turning on and off, and how the resultant protien function to express the trait, and shenanigans.

contrapangloss

Favorite thing from genetics: birds are backwards with regards to gender. Hi rooster with WW? Hi, hen with WZ! Wait….

Then, (all but seven or eight species of) turtles being all: I no need your sex chromosomes to choose my gender!

contrapangloss

*sex, not gender. Bah. Long day.

Armenia’s final score is -10.

pecunium

And Nationalist Boy is a real asshole: This is one of his tweets:

Girl at Goodwill asking rather puzzled: “What are you doing?” Me: “Stalking you, my dear.” Girl: Jaw dropping astonished expression.

From his photos… not terrible to look at, but not all that and a bag of chips either. Scruffy looking sort of average.

But the inner man… not pleasant.

kittehserf - MOD
kittehserf - MOD

So, he straight-out says he’s a stalker (assuming it isn’t a made-up story) as if it’s some sort of pick-up line, and he links to RoK.

That says he’s likely a rapist or wannabe rapist, to me.

weirwoodtreehugger

“My dear?” Ewwwwww! That reminds me of Harold from The Stand. Or any of the m’lady type guys.

1 4 5 6 7 8 12