announcements BINGO! MRA PUA red pill

MRA Bingo Brainstorming Thread!

In it to win it.
In it to win it.

A couple of years back. with the help of the commentariat here, I put together an MRA Bingo Card Generator. I’ve been meaning to do a new and improved version of this for a while — as well as a companion PUA/Red Pill Bingo Card Generator, and possibly even a couple of others (Derailing Bingo? Dark Enlightenment Bingo? GamerGate Bingo?).

I know some of you all have been playing Troll Bingo in the comments. So let me know which of these card generators sound like the most amusing to you. And then let’s brainstorm about what to put in the list for each!

Also, if you can come up a way to actually play MRA Bingo, let me know. Certainly in every big thread with trolls in it, commenters could print out cards for themselves and see how many squares they can fill. Or we could set a specific time, and one of us, acting as Bingo Boss, could send you all to a particular MRA post or discussion thread elsewhere and you all could compete to see who could get a bingo first.

I’m kind of thinking this could become a thing.

Anyway, let’s get brainstorming!

grumpycatisagirl

Coal mines.

gilshalos

I think a drinking game would just kill all our livers. Even if we took it in turns.

ryeash

It would literally be the drinking game to end all drinking games.

weirwoodtreehugger

For MRAs I can’t believe we forgot “Jezebel article from 2007!”

For PUAs
“Asian women are better than western women”
“Eastern European women are better than western women”

For MGTOWs
“Why do you care about us going our own way?”
“Wives are terrible because they want a house with furniture in it.”

For Dawkins fanboys
“I’m an atheist, therefore my misogyny is logical and scientific.”
“Rebecca Watson!”

Zolnier
Zolnier

Something, something child custody laws.

ryeash

Oh! Oh! Contradicting descriptions of men. Like: intelligent, sensitive victims of women/brutish animals who shouldn’t be provoked because they act purely on instinct.

Kel D

“women aren’t stupid. Well. They’re STUPID but they’re not retarded.”

Zolnier
Zolnier

At this point anyone actually winning this game will be rare and monumentous. On the other hand nobody really wins in the Manosphere so it fits.

idledillettante

General Bingo: (quotes are from actual MRAs)

Women just don’t want tough manly jobs

Women are too frail for tough manly jobs

Misdirection Bingo (from shit I heard yesterday):

But MY niece/daughter/girlfriend/wife/BFF never complains about sexism!

If you really cared about changing sexism in the FDNY/Army, you would join it

But men have to register for Selective Service!

But men die more often at the workplace!

Feminists just want to blame men!

The Village Voice is a biased source!

WHTM is a biased source!

NPR is a biased source!

*links to Breitbart article*

“Brenda Berkman’s just an anecdote”

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Berkman)

“Stop whining about [issue under discussion]”

“little girl” (or: “let me pause to laugh while you stomp your little feet in frustration”)

“femicunt cultist of David Futrelle”

This image (Credit Janet Bloomfield):

#gamergate Bingo (from actual shit I heard on Tuesday):

There were only like 5 people in that chatroom

There were only like 10 people in that chatroom

There were only like 30 people in that chatroom

It was just kids from 4chan talking trash in that chatroom

There’s no proof to connect 4chan and that chatroom

There’s no proof to connect the #gamergate hashtag to that chatroom

There’s no proof to connect the #notyourshield hashtag to that chatroom

Adam Baldwin came up with #gamergate

#gamergate is a grassroots movement

#gamergate isn’t about Zoe Quinn

Just because #gamergate started out harassing Quinn doesn’t mean it’s not about video game journalistic integrity now

#gamergate has ALWAYS been about fighting nepotism in the video game industry

4channers hate social media

No one believed Lawfag was a lawyer

Those threats weren’t really real; they were jokes

You don’t get the culture of 4chan

4chan can’t police itself, so the joke threats are inevitable

“journalistic integrity”

idledillettante

Huh. That new JB threadwinner image didn’t appear in my comment. Here’s the link.

It’s a stock photo of a crying toddler-girl with the text “I’m a feminist, you can’t use facts” superimposed in Memegenerator

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

“sure, I said [horrible thing]; but I’m a good person/nice guy”

cloudiah

PUA bingo:

thousand cock stare
something about dread game
a lock that can be opened by multiple keys is slutty

Lea
Lea

What facts? She has no facts. What does she even think she’s talking about? I’d love to know what exactly she considers to be as fact.

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

-patriarchy is a conspiracy theory
-tries to use [term] in argument but clearly doesn’t understand meaning of [term

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

@ Lea – but facts are what JB says they are! Not what everyone else thinks they are!

end sarcasm; Oooh, boy, do I ever feel sorry for the cognitive dissonance fairies. JB’s really making them work overtime!

pallygirl
pallygirl

Any reference to Valerie Solanas or the SCUM Manifesto.

Aerinea
Aerinea

“But I’m a nice guy!”
Dark Triad
*wearing a trilby*
Friendzone
Red Pill
“If he knew game..”
“Rape Culture doesn’t exist”
“Comic books objectify men too!”

Ugh, this stuff is hard to write.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Consent as a terrifying slippery slope, i.e.:

-if you find yourself alone with a woman, the only way to avoid jail time is to get a notarized agreement in writing. (Words, facial expressions, and body language, what do they mean?)
– marriage = blanket consent for eternal sexual availability (but only on the wife’s part)
– consent to one = consent to all. If a girl has ever had sex, even once, that means she has no right to deny any other man sex.

For PUAs:

Door theory
Wingman
Approach
Opening a set
Escalation (double points for “kino escalation”)
“Cool story, bro” anecdote
Vaginas Sure Are Icky

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Have we mentioned ebibophilia for all of the Bingo cards?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

No paragraph breaks
Random Capitalization of important Nouns

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

If you want to turn a woman on and drive her to heights of sexual ecstasy, spit in her mouth during sex. This works on all women because it worked for me once.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

In honor of the creepy expat in the other thread…

In Foreign Lands, everyone thinks it’s just fine for middle-aged men to “date” teen and tween girls, which is the only thing Foreigners are ever right about.

(bonus points to be given if the dude in question actually uses the word “foreigner” without realizing that while he’s in one of the countries he’s talking about it describes him, not the locals)

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

-The two dot ellipsis
-FALSE ACCUSATIONS ARE HORRIBLE *falsely accuses someone the mra disagrees with of something*
-links to lousy news sources (e.g. daily mail)
-Fractal wrongness
-Not even wrong
-Temporal weirdness in claim (E.g Feminism caused fall of roman empire)
-The GWW special (women have never been oppressed at any time in history ever)
-Quoting Orwell as an argument against socialism
-“you cant be a feminist, you like a video game that has a sexualised woman in it” (the Bayonetta gambit)

Robert
Robert

“You can’t call yourself a feminist unless you’re willing to do sex work.”

Don’t know how common that is, but once is too much.

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

-Infographic with misleading graph
-infographic is physically painful to read due to layout/eye searing colors
-COMIC SANS or other poor font choice
-no sources on infographic
-Koch bros thinktank connection

Michelle C Young

Soooo many good ones here. I haven’t even read the first page of comments, but I’m thinking I won’t think of anything new. Therefor, please forgive men if I’m repeating stuff:

Women don’t have the right to refuse sex.

It’s not rape if you badger her incessantly, until she finally gives in to the inevitability of sex.

Marriage is a life-long consent to sex
or
It’s impossible to rape your wife.

Any woman who won’t have sex with me is a whore.

Virgins are just whores who haven’t been paid, yet.

No one would want to have sex with you, anyway.

Michelle C Young

Don’t forget

Stopping to get consent is a mood-killer.

“Women’s work,” including jobs that were mostly done by women 2 or 3 decades ago, but were actually closed to women a century or more ago. Examples include secretarial work (once forbidden for women) and knitting (knitting guilds used to forbid women). These “women’s work” jobs are then described as being only suitable for women, because they require no brains, logic, skills, or reasoning ability.

Men are hunters, women are gatherers.

Women can’t fight.

Women fight dirty.

“We didn’t HAVE to provide for you cave-women!” Of course, completely ignoring the fact that if ancient people didn’t work together, there would be no people today.

Famous women with un-perfect bodies devalue the pussy.

“I deserve a 10!”

If you’re not at least an 8, you’re worthless.

Myoo
Myoo

-Men invented [thing nobody knows who invented] (the wheel, fire, agriculture, etc.)

strivingally

Any implication that being accused of rape (falsely or otherwise) is more likely to ruin someone’s life than ACTUALLY BEING RAPED. Guh.

Narrowing of the definition of rape to the Violent Stranger Jumping Out Of The Bushes In The Middle Of The Night, Who Only Preys On Girls Who Are Drunk And Dress Slutty And Walk Through The Bad Part Of Town, So What Did They Expect? Double Guh.

I feel kinda dirty playing this game. But I think it shows the MRA argument that we aren’t familiar with their thinking is pretty specious.

Michelle C Young

Oh, how about

Comparing human sexuality to lupine pack behavior, and then getting it WRONG.

Michelle C Young

hamster brains

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

-I got made fun of by a girl once for liking video games so any woman who says she likes games is lying
-women only started liking games recently
-Everyone gets slurs screamed at them in online games, women just need to suck it up
-NO IDEA WHAT FREE SPEECH ACTUALLY MEANS

ryeash

@A Wolverine

I’ve never heard of “the Bayonetta gambit”, but I will say that was a dime-a-dozen rpg. And the one-liners were so cringe-worthy and overly sexual. It reminded me of a PS2 game I picked up back in the day called Orphen. There were anime cut-scenes, and it was back when I was big into anime. The gameplay was eh, the story was [insert shounen anime here], but it was pretty enough. Bayonetta was about the same, and the name of the main was just as creative lol. I felt like they tried to play off of the final fantasy recipe for success in the later years: pretty cutscenes, forgettable battle sequences, and superfluous roleplay elements that just dragged the game down.

In any case, good fucking luck finding an rpg without a female main that wears gravity-defying cloth scraps or something shaped to an impossible body. Even Skyrim added boobs to their heavy armor for female mains. Completely ruined the otherwise gorgeous Ebony set and begged the question of whether or not breastplates had cup sizes.

ryeash

Rockstar should rock out another Red Dead. Now that was a game with some badass females AND males. Show me the person who says John Marston isn’t a feminist, and I’ll show you a gamebro lying to himself.

strivingally

The “Bayonetta Gambit” is just a game-related twist on the old “you wear lipstick/high-heels/shave your underarms/wear a bra/fuck guys/like looking sexy for a guy, so you’re not a *real* feminist!” canard.

Some people didn’t get the memo about women taking control of their own sexuality actually being a really important part of feminism, and still a contentious point of argument today between various flavours of feminist.

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

Think you might be a bit confused ryeash, i referred to the “feminists cant like games with boobs in them” argument as the bayonetta gambit, alluding to the Game Bayonetta which is an action game similar to devil may cry or ninja gaiden, not an rpg

ryeash

Um, excuse me?? I totally put ten hours into that game four years ago, I think I know what I’m talking about (no, no I do not). I remember a British demon woman in an Elvira-type catsuit, horrible dialogue, and being bored. I mostly segued into rpgs because I wanted to chatter about video games. Plus, Bayonetta really did remind me of Orphen.

Citizen Justin
Citizen Justin

“She doxxed herself”
“She sent that death threat to herself”
“She beat herself up”

ryeash

@strivingally

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn’t aware feminism had a dress code…do skirts automatically fail me, or can they be a certain length? Also, does trimming violate the “no shaving” rule? Can I wear nude lipstick ala George Sand, or is it a strict “no lipstick” policy? Can I wear chapstick? I’m guessing gloss is an automatic zero. How baggy do my jeans have to be? Do I *have* to wear white wifebeaters, or can I go with a lovely brown to suit my eyes?

I think I just failed feminism.

ryeash

Stupid stereotypes aside, as a woman who enjoys video games, I’ve had to begrudgingly accept the blatant sexism at times. I’ve played games that I have really enjoyed while uncomfortably noticing female PCs’ armor shrinking every time I upgrade it. That said, I try to avoid the games where it’s really in your face. I’ve heard wonderful things about God of War and how innovative it was and how fun the fight scenes were, but I couldn’t get past the ginormous ridiculously-muscled main character, the butchery of my favorite myths, and the disposability of the women in it.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

“Even I’v been raped myself I still think False rape accusations are worse than rape”

strivingally

Hey, I think fruitloopsie just started the FeMRA bingo card! šŸ˜€

“I’ve never been sexually harassed/assaulted, therefore no other woman has”
“I like it when men compliment me on my body!”
“Feminists just want [insert strawfeminist talking point], not equality!”
“I like looking/feeling sexy”

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

The way to play it would be for people to have cards with random selections in each column. B for a random selection of one sort and I for a random selection of another. That way each persons card is different and they mark their card as the the trolls comment till someone gets a bingo, I have no idea what the prize could be

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Thebewilderness
Maybe a free copy of David’s book?

redpoppy
redpoppy

If fruitloopsie came up with FeMRA bingo, that would basically expand our bingo empire. I’m trying to remember the name of this one FeMRA blogger. She dated this weird Norwegian guy who knew Anders Breivik? Do I have that right? Or at the very least agreed with Anders Breivik.

Anyway, I remember a particularly appalling, self-loathing post where she talked about how all women (even her) are prone to hypergamy because science. She talked about how because of this, she would try SO HARD in her daily life to remain humble, submissive and to keep her self-esteem “low” so she could remain loyal to her boyfriend and get his approval as well as male approval in general. The comments were equally appalling stating that she would never be able to do so because nature but it’s “nice” that she’s trying. But since she’s a woman she will always be bad. Watching that exchange was so painful. I honestly feel sorry for this girl. I get that she believes terrible things and may herself be not that great of a person but a part of me just wants to save her. Lord.

Anyway, something about FeMRAs believing that hypergamy stuff and “trying” really hard to please the menz by “promising” they will never do it to them.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

You’re thinking of Emma the Emo. I, too, feel kind of bad for her.

Aitch
Aitch

If fruitloopsie came up with FeMRA bingo, that would basically expand our bingo empire. Iā€™m trying to remember the name of this one FeMRA blogger. She dated this weird Norwegian guy who knew Anders Breivik? Do I have that right? Or at the very least agreed with Anders Breivik.

I think I know the bloke, E. Berge? He is the most prominent Norwegian MRA anyway, completely unhinged (got arrested because the threatened the police). So I googled that and I ended up with the same girl as cassandrakitty just mentioned.

Fuck internalization. (Doesn’t excuse the FeMRAs, but explains a little where it’s from…)

(Don’t have more ideas for the bingo card, sorry šŸ™ )

redpoppy
redpoppy

cassandrakitty, aitch, thanks guys. I believe those are the individuals. I could only read like one or two of her posts before I wanted to barf and cry. E. Berge (or whatever his name is) sounds like a Grade A piece of crap. Ugh. Either way, I say FeMRA bingo is a good idea.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I can’t help wondering what set of life experiences would lead a woman to a place where dating a man who described rape as affirmative action for men seemed like a good idea to her.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Even our various Christian patriarchy advocate ladies (like the recent one with the Alice in Wonderland gravater) would balk at that, I think.