a woman is always to blame antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? dark enlightenment drama kings entitled babies evil women funny ha ha I tricked you harassment I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny oppressed white men red pill sarkeesian! YouTube

Hilarious video: Anita Sarkeesian vs The Legion of Doom

The saga of that still-just-hypothetical “documentary” about Anita Sarkeesian and other evil Social Justice Warriors just got a little stranger.

The dogmatic duo behind the project — lady hating YouTube blabbers jordanowen42 and Davis Aurini — are still having a bit of trouble raising the necessary funds (so much so that Aurini wrote an angry, rambling blog post aimed at those who think he and his pal are too inept and biased to make a decent film).

But a new video  — put together by Kav P and a friend, and posted above  — reveals that the dogmatic duo has found some surprising new allies.

Enjoy!

inurashii
inurashii

omg perf

unnaturalphilosopher

Is it bad that I kinda want them to make this idiocy, just to laugh at how bad it is?

drmrsthemonarch1
drmrsthemonarch1

I don’t think “inept” really covers it. According to Aurini himself, in his delightfully titled video “Is Race Realism Racist?” he says:

I’m not very good at statistics. I find social sciences confusing, and […] I tend to trust bloggers, other writers, who are generally honest people to interpret the data correctly.

But fear not! He’s still super superior to decades of gender theorists.

NonServiam

Smoky has a blog?! OMG it’s a disaster! I tried to read an entry but for someone who writes A LOT, this kid can’t write.

Lee
Lee

Bwahahahaha. And this is double-hilarious because I loved Challenge of the SuperFriends when I was little!

cloudiah

That clip at 1:18 made me LOL. This is great.

contrapangloss

So, we should trust the analysis of data from a guy who can’t analyze data? That makes so much sense.

cloudiah

Someone posted this funny “Great Figures of the MRM” on r/AMR:

cloudiah

So that’s how WordPress handles imgur photo albums, eh?

weirwoodtreehugger

Are they trying to cast themselves as villains ironically? It really reads more like they’re just admitting that they are the bad guys and “social justice warriors” really are on the side of good. This looks more like a satire an imitation (and nowhere near as good) Stephen Colbert would make.

I am curious to find out what they mean by people having their lives ruined by political correctness though. Are they talking about rapists actually facing consequences? Assholes getting banned from various forums and comments sections for violating comment policies? Right wing talk show hosts losing sponsors over bigoted comments?

Cassie's Major Domo

Sorry, but Lex Luthor would just never align himself with these incompetent asshats. Only Solomon Grundy is dumb enough, and he’d still be a better debater than them.

Unimaginative

Sully! Shall we start calling trolls Sully? And never explain why.

vaiyt

The Legion of Doom? Seriously? They’re unironically branding themselves after one of the most inept supervillain squads of all time? The one that has Bizarro as its most competent member?

Cassie's Major Domo

Sully! Shall we start calling trolls Sully?

But Sully from Monsters Inc. is cool! I wouldn’t want his name, uhm, sullied by association.

[Dunks head in bathtub for awful pun.]

Kong
Kong

The bald guy from “legion of doom” links/supports stuff from a large rascistic party from Sweden. https://twitter.com/Aurini/status/496699219478994944

Best regards from Sweden

Lea
Lea

Oh, LOL! The crickets!

Now I want to watch Sea Lab.

cloudiah

@WWTH, This video is making fun of the original. Here’s what they say on YouTube:

So… This is a light parody video I made with my partner when we saw that a white supremacist/evil overlord (That’s not actually an exaggeration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdkB2-… ) and some other kid on YouTube were starting a bizarre campaign in the name of investigative journalism. We thought their dialogue sounded exactly like the kind of thing you’d see in a Golden Age superhero TV show.

We spent about as much time making this as the stars of the video did making theirs. You can tell by the production quality.

Hellboy
Hellboy

Maybe it’s just me, but I think that Jordan Owen would be able to pull off a Vandal Savage cosplay rather well.

BTW: This video is missing significant speculation on Superman’s upper lip, or how Martian Manhunter tries to make himself look “greener” whenever he fights crime.

Lea
Lea

They didn’t make this video y’all. Someone mocking them did. They don’t compare themselves to the Legion of Doom, though reading that blog post makes me think they should.

cassandrakitty

Why is the ghost of Anton LaVey sitting in tacky hotel bar talking conspiracy theories about video games?

Lea
Lea

ninja’d!

davidgerard

David Aurini isn’t just an MRA. No, he’s a neoreactionary: techno-libertarians who seriously think we can keep all the technology but otherwise wind civilisation back to before the Enlightenment. TWICE THE LULZ.

davidgerard

Seriously, Anton LaVey may have been a bit of a ‘bert, but he woulda laughed this idjit out of the room.

cassandrakitty

He’s just trying so hard to be cool, and failing so miserably. Cringe in second-hand embarrassment, folks, and be grateful you’re not him.

Lee
Lee

That and it only gets worse when he tries to talk with that cigarette in his mouth.

cassandrakitty

At least he didn’t drop it while he was mumbling and set his pants on fire, I guess that’s something.

Cthulhu's Intern

Whenever I see him talk, I always imagine him to say something like “I’LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET. NEXT TIME.” Except with a less cool voice.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Speaking of funny things, someone posted this on the bluepill subreddit the other day:

If you TL,DR it (I totally did the first time around) skip to the bottom for the punchline.

And for all us crafty Mammotheers, I found this loom knitting kit at Michael’s the other day and giggled:

(Look closely at the craft items in the pic if you don’t get it.)

Also, gratuitous cat pic:

I adopted him about a year ago, and he used to be so small he would struggle to jump high enough to get onto my bed. Now look at him.

Cassie's Major Domo

He’s also apparently a tacky novelist.

From one of the reviews (a three-star review, mind you!):

It seems no one edited this book. There are grammer [sic] and spelling mistakes all through out [sic], and for me personally, it detracts from the story when I need to pause and figure out what the author meant to say.

Copy editors and proofreading are for betas!

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

Well, they could hardly call themselves the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants since a gay guy played their leader in the films, could they? Having to separate themselves out from association with a queer would totally distract them from their mission of hanging with their bros, whining about how terrible women were, and competing to see who had the biggest penis.

No homo.

cassandrakitty

Is he serious with this shit! Fucking dying over here. Are we sure he’s not a comedian involved in a really long-drawn-out sketch?

Two men from a previous era, surviving through steel and cunning in a world of degenerated philosophy

cassandrakitty

BTW, his hero is named “Raxx”.

davidgerard

Does anyone feel up to writing a RationalWiki article on Mr Aurini? You don’t need a great deal of wiki sk1llz, and opinionation is fine if it’s substantiable (we are not Wikipedia and we feel free to call a spade a bloody shovel). All you need is coherent sentences and a few references to back you up. I’ve added him to the to-do list: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/To_do

Cassie's Major Domo

BTW, his hero is named “Raxx”.

I guess “Dirk Steelboner” seemed too over-the-top.

drmrsthemonarch1
drmrsthemonarch1

@davidgerard

First thought: “Hellz yeah I’ll do that!”

Second thought: “Oh fuck no. Watching one of his videos was more than enough.”

I may come around, though.

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

No, cassandrakitty, they just editted that bit out.

vaiyt

Before the Enlightenment? You mean, back when everyone outside of certain families had fuck-all when it came to rights?

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

Yeah, vaiyt. It’s funny to me how this sort of people always assume that they’ll be in the exploiting, rather than the exploited, class. And, somehow, they think we’re stoopid for not agreeing with them.

Cassie's Major Domo

I’ve read that RationalWiki entry on Neoreactionaries before, and I was always struck by this line:

Neoreactionaries are the latest in a long line of intellectuals who somehow think that their chosen authoritarian thugs wouldn’t put them up against the wall…

Which immediately makes me want to paraphrase Douglas Adams: “Neoreactionaries will be the first with their backs against the wall when their own revolution comes.”

cassandrakitty

Why would anyone value these guys enough to keep them alive in a post-apocalyptic society? It’s not like they have any useful skills.

davidgerard

@drmrsthemonarch1 – yeah … the trouble is that you know you’ve written a good RW article when you feel stupider afterwards. Recovery is slow and involves copious Skeptic Fuel. #drink, as we say. OUR LIVERS – YOUR PROTECTION.

Cassie's Major Domo

It’s not like they have any useful skills.

Oh that’s not totally true. “Lighting a cigarette like a total douchebag” could come in very handy! In fact, I think that’s an actual skill in the current incarnation of Gamma World.

idledillettante

It’s a shame that Jordan Owen turns my crank a little, in a “no one __________s like Gaston” way. I would fill his g-string with twenties if he would just dance at Chippendales, instead of run his mouth on YouTube.

Then again he probably doesn’t look good with his shirt off.

(Is it working? Am I objectifying him yet?? – ID.)

cassandrakitty

He’s the one who doesn’t look like Budget LaVey?

idledillettante

Yeah. The one with the wild rock-star hair who gave the above interview in his bathrobe. I want to put my fingers up to his lips as he starts mouthing off about Anita Sarkeesian’s makeup and say

“You’re so much cuter when you shut the fuck up.”

cassandrakitty

Well, I guess logically speaking there’s someone who’ll feel that way about just about anyone.

(It’s so hard to avoid sinking to their level when they start picking at the looks of whatever woman they’re angry at this week. It would be so easy! But still, I will try to resist.)

marinerachel

Being the bigger person sucks.

cassandrakitty

Oh, I’m only the bigger person in public spaces where it’s been made clear that the community prefers that kind of snark not to happen. In private spaces all bets are off.

Kakanian
Kakanian

This is dumber than self-identifying yourself as a monster by reproaching people for being white knights.

davidgerard

I’m thinking a bit about Mr Aurini’s post about the Patreon for their film. The interesting bit is the claim they’ve reached “20% of the goal” – Patreon is not Kickstarter, where you sign up to reach a goal – it’s a thing to sign up as a monthly patron of an artist, where you like them just doing stuff and figure artists do better with money coming in. You can put a goal on it, but it still goes slowly and monthly.

I’m betting he’s calculated his “20%” on the basis of “if these people keep giving us money all through, and don’t cut us off at any point …”