a new woman to hate a woman is always to blame antifeminism MRA oppressed men twitter

Harassing feminists for expressing their condolences for Robin Williams: Men’s Rights Activism at its finest

Another victory for Men’s Rights activism!

The guy who posted this was so proud of his work here that he pinned this Tweet to the top of his Twitter home page.

Naturally, he went after Jessica Valenti for the same, er, crime.

MRAs are so convinced that feminists hate men that when feminists express their genuine sorrow about a man’s suicide it doesn’t occur to MRAs to perhaps reconsider some of their beliefs about feminism. No, they’d rather use it as an excuse to attack individual feminist women.

Speaking of which, here’s how the  folks at A Voice for Men are mourning the death of Robin Williams — with a supremely nasty and opportunistic attack on Valenti.

More on Valenti in a bit.

naira8

Ah the true definition of activism: trolling people who express dismay at the deaths of others. Truly, MenOnStrike has helped change the world for the better through a witty display worthy of an adverserial child.

Good god…my four year old niece can muster a better argument. Granted, her topics are limited to defending why ice cream is an acceptable dinner option and why Elsa and Ana are the best princesses ever.

pallygirl
pallygirl

I would refer to them as tantrum-throwing toddlers, except most toddlers I have met are more articulate and better behaved.

Shut up Woody.

cosmicrays
cosmicrays

That’s the problem with “Ironic Misandry” too many dummies out there can’t tell it from Misandry.

Valenti made her bed.

cosmicrays
cosmicrays

This could be a learning moment for Jessica. And for you and your toxoplasmotics.

I’ll give you all sometime to reflect…

sparky
sparky

And if feminists said nothing about Robin Williams, they’d be accusing us of ignoring a prominent man who commited suicide because “men are disposable” and “feminists hate men.”

It doesn’t really matter what feminists say.

MaudeLL

Wow, that link for the AVfM image of Valenti is disgusting. What a bunch of suicide trivializing shitbags.

sparky
sparky

Misandry don’t real, cosmicrays.

What’s your movement doing about the epidemic of violent racism and demonization of Black men in the US, by the way?

Jenny (@dontgiveah00t)

It doesn’t seem to have actually occurred to them that maybe feminists actually do care about mental illness issues, that some feminists may actually struggle with depression themselves or have similarly lost someone close to them when that person lost their battle with depression. Nor does it occur to them that feminists may have actually enjoyed Robin WIlliams’ work and be sad that such a talented and compassionate man was lost.

Jenny (@dontgiveah00t)

Exactly. As sparky says, it’s less about genuinely calling someone out and more about using this as an excuse to hate on feminists. It’s hard to take them seriously when you know that no matter how these feminists had reacted they’d have found a way to make it wrong.

jayemgriffin

Except misandry is not really a thing, try again.

pallygirl
pallygirl

toxoplasmotics

I find it so cute when trolls try to do Science!

My cats are more intelligent than you will ever be, have more friends than you will ever have, and while I may have antibodies to toxoplasmosis, I’m also in the majority of people who have had no ill-effects.

Thanks for confirming that the MRAs are idiots.

magnesium
magnesium

@cosmicrays

Lol. Except that MenOnStrike’s replies are proof of why MRA’s have no right to complain about the “Male Tears” ironic misandry jokes. Antifeminists have already condemned all feminists of hating men without any actual evidence, so why should we bother to keep trying to convince them otherwise?

cloudiah

A feminist is the director of the UK’s male suicide prevention organization, CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably). How do you think they process that in their bigoted little MRA brains?

Johanna Roberts

@cosmicrays Contemplate what? The amount of sense you didn’t make? You made negative sense there. Are you even aware of what toxoplasmosis is and what it does to people?

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

Ah, another troll sitting up begging to be modded or banned.

How original.

contrapangloss

Toxoplasmosis is actually a really, really cool parasite.

It’s primary mission in life is to get the non-primary host eaten by a cat, by doing risky behaviors.

I would totally be fine with that name.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

IMO, men are offing themselves so much for two main reasons:
Increased economic pressure and not getting help.

The former is caused by systemic changes in the economy.

That latter is due to men being socialized to not talk about their problems, to not ask for help and to look at weakness as shameful. They are supposed to be tough, rugged, independent, yadda-yadda.
That is the traditional male social model, the ‘macho’ model.
It hurts men, and shortens their lifespan.

I don’t want men to be shoved into those hurtful, isolating male gender roles anymore.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I doubt my cats will take much time to reflect on this, as they don’t speak English, cannot read these tweets or anything else, and have no sense of human genders, who Robin Williams was, or what suicide means.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

It doesn’t really matter what feminists say.

Nope. The fact that we say anything at all is the problem, because we aren’t being obedient fembots.
The MRM engages in crazymaking on a group level:

Robert
Robert

It’s astounding with what ingenuity these ill-made sheep’s goiters come up with new ways to be revoltingly inappropriate. But, from their spavined and vomitous point of view, it is consistent – since they loathe and despise all things Woman, their enemies must, as a corollary, do the same to all things Man.

The fact that this is orthogonal to objective reality does not disturb them.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

these ill-made sheep’s goiters … their spavined and vomitous point of view…

*Applauds Robert’s admirable and colorful use of English*

strivingally

This is right on the money. I’m so sick of anything feminists say being twisted to “OMG MISANDRY” rather than accepted at face value, and anything MRAs say being twisted by them to supposedly not mean what it says at face value. It’s not even a dog whistle – it’s straight up bashing at strawfeminism and trying to disguise the hate in their own allies.

(And FWIW, troll, feminists don’t hate men – they hate social structures, cultural norms and trasitions that perpetuate the idea that women are inferior to men. To men who are heavily invested in maintaining those phenomena, and have easily bruised egos and no humility, that looks a lot like being attacked.)

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

And FWIW, troll, feminists don’t hate men – they hate social structures, cultural norms and traditions that perpetuate the idea that women are inferior to men.

*Nods* seconding Striving.
…Wanted to add that the cultural norms and traditions that we find fault with are perpetuated and enforced by people of all genders.

pallygirl
pallygirl

Who is using the MenOnStrike Twitter account?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I was going to contemplate whose sock cosmicrays was, and then I realized that I didn’t care.

Robin Williams, otoh, will be much missed. Did you know that he used to make it part of his rider for events that the people putting on the event had to employ a certain percentage of homeless people if they wanted him to attend? He was a good person.

itsabeast
itsabeast

“IMO, men are offing themselves so much for two main reasons:
Increased economic pressure and not getting help.”

Also, fantasies of violence is woven into our identities–pretty much all of us to one degree or another. Understandably a larger number of us would employ violence against ourselves.

lkeke35
lkeke35

“I’ll made sheep’s goiters”…????

GrumpyOldMan

Robert is indulging in a Scottish tradition that was called a “flyting” (though normally it was an insult competition between two poets).

fruitloopsie

It’s beyond sad and disgusting that, quoting Robert “ill-made sheep’s goiters”, have to use his death against the Evvviiils of Femnisim. May he rest in peace.

weirwoodtreehugger

That AVFM meme is disgusting. Putting an image of a hung man right next to Robin Williams like that is so inappropriate. That is not exactly a show of compassion for depressed and/or suicidal men there. Ick. I need a shower.

Usually their terrible memes just crack my shit up because they’re so full of bad design and non sequiturs but this one is just sick and wrong IMO.

redpoppy
redpoppy

Their full on attacks against feminists like Valenti and others just shows how little THEY actually care about male suicide. This gross behavior is not only dishonorable but insulting to Robin William’s memory. Way to class shit up once again, MRAs.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

I read some MRA commentary about that horrible Valenti image. It doesn’t occur to them that the reason Facebook forced them to take it down probably had nothing to do with Valenti but because of the depiction of the suicide method that Robin Williams used. They’re so fucking devoid of empathy. This takes their exploitation to a new low.

GrumpyOldMan

MRA logic:
Feminists hate all men.
Robin Williams was a man.
Therefore Feminists hate Robin Williams.
Therefore any Feminist expressions of grief and loss are totally insincere, hypocritical, and detestable. QED.
Unfortunately for them, no syllogism is better than its premises.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

You know, this really is extra disturbing in that normally even the most empathy-deficient people can sum up some small shred of empathy for people who’re a lot like them. Robin Williams was a middle aged straight white guy, just like half the MRM (the ones who aren’t teenaged or 20-something straight white guys). Divorced more than once, depressed, middle aged guy. That’s who they claim to be fighting for, right? That’s their exact demographic. But can they empathize with him? Nah, he’s just another useful tool to bash feminists with.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

Yeah. I guess so. 🙁 That’s a usual male socialization thing too.
Attempting/completing suicide and self-injury are violence against the self, but self-injury’s much more of a not-good coping tool.

I suspect men self-injure way more than advertised…and just hide it like they are encouraged to.

Aunti alias
“Some poor guy posted on a news article about depression in middle-aged men. He’s tried pretty much everything and nothing worked. In spite of mentioning he has a loving wife, one asshat recommended he look into MGTOW for a solution. Argh!”

Something bad happened how can I blame a woman for this!? Seriously I hope that guy finds help and not go to a place where all they talk about is blaming all their misery on women and femnisim. Because that’s all they’re going to be… Miserable.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@fruitloopsie

Fortunately, his reply began with, “Thank you for the suggestion, but when the first word I see is “Manosphere” I tend to become quite wary.” At least the misters posting there were nice to him even if their suggestions were misguided.

I replied to him, too. I guess that makes me a #feminist and a #hypocrite.

Auntie alias
That’s good to hear.

“I replied to him, too. I guess that makes me a #feminist and a #hypocrite.”

Sorry could you explain to me? I’m pretty stupid, what did you say to him?

GrumpyOldMan

Presumably she said something pleasant and empathic, which according to the MRA women cannot do sincerely.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@GrumpyOldMan

You got it!

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I always picture their faces turning into a blank blue screen when that happens. Does not compute, emergency shutdown commencing.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@fruitloopsie

That’s what MenOnStrike said.

Thanks

fruitloopsie

Oops, I also meant to put “sorry that you went through that and I still hope that the man will find help”

estraven
estraven

If I already mentioned this on another thread, I apologize for the repetition. Just wanted to say that I have read some nasty stuff by men on how selfish Robin Williams was and that he was a coward for committing suicide. When I replied that they didn’t have a clue what depression is like and added that I had suffered clinical depression I was told to just stop whining and go kill myself then. Also on one blog a guy suggested that Williams killed himself because of having financial problems due to two ex-wives to whom he owed alimony. Sigh.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I’m starting to wonder if there’s some sort of empathy removal surgery that one is required to undergo before becoming a full-fledged MRA.

estraven I’m so sorry ::hugs::

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@ fruitloopsie

Thanks. 🙂 I didn’t have any problems. It was just very sad to see someone feeling so hopeless. Hopefully the MRAs who recognize my user name will have the decency not to insult me in that guy’s thread.

The article touched on Robin Williams’ suicide and experts were interviewed. Some predictable comments:

It’s simple really. The cost of divorce is killing men. Trial. Outrageous alimony payments. Loss of visitation. Loneliness. Fighting a court system poisoned by extreme feminism.

Headline: “More middle-aged men committing suicide, and experts don’t know why”. Then common sense says they’re aren’t really experts.

Men and boys are disposable in todays society, we have been relegated to the trash bin of the human race.

One of the leading causes of Depression in men is hormonal degradation. At about forty-five males, as females do; go through a menopausal period.

Really?

“More middle-aged men committing suicide, and experts don’t know why.”
Because we have to live with middle-aged women?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

If they say they have menopause can we start using that to dismiss them the same way they do with women and menstruation? Oh, sorry dude, I know you’re frothingly angry and all but it’s just those menopause hormones, take a nap and you’ll feel better tomorrow.

1 2 3