a voice for men antifeminist women cuteness evil sexy ladies evil women female beep boop FemRAs infighting irony alert kitties misogyny MRA no girls allowed patronizing as heck PUA red pill rhymes with roosh YouTube

Misogyny Theater: Roosh vs. the Lady MRAs

In this edition of Misogyny Theater, we hear from pickup guru Roosh V, who has some thoughts about the female Men’s Rights Activists – FeMRAs – that we’ve seen so much of in the media of late.

He doesn’t much like them. Not because they’re hateful nitwits like their male comrades in the Men’s Rights movement. But because, you know, they’re women, representatives of what Roosh so memorably calls “a gender who has no loyalty to men.”

He accuses them of pandering to men for attention, and accuses male MRAs, in turn, of being too easily ensnared by their feminine wiles. It’s a mirror image of the accusations that MRAs like to throw at male feminists, and likely to infuriate more than a few MRAs, both male and female.

All of Roosh’s bits in this video come from his recent video “The Men’s Rights Movement Is Making A Huge Mistake.” I’ve indicated all my edits with beeps.

We may be seeing more from Roosh in Misogyny Theater in the future. For the dating-guru-cum-reactionary philosopher, from his secret lair located somewhere in Siberia – no, really, he has literally exiled himself to Siberia — has announced in another video his plans to take over YouTube over the course of the next year or so.

Will he be able to do it? On the one hand, he’s a reactionary woman-hating piece of shit, which means that he should be able to appeal to YouTube’s vast reactionary woman-hating piece of shit demographic. And he has managed to build up his Return of Kings blog into a must-read site for terrible people; a quick check with web traffic monitor Alexa shows that, trafficwise, ROK is trouncing the most popular Men’s Rights site, A Voice for Men.

On the other, as you may have gathered from this video, he has about as much charisma as a sack of potatoes. Stay tuned.

saintnick86
saintnick86

[A]s you may have gathered from this video, he has about as much charisma as a sack of potatoes.

Hey now! Potatoes can at least make for a nice meal…

Lea
Lea

I keep up with Penny Dreadful. I find it tediously slow in places, certainly melodramatic (as intended), but the cast and the costumes are amazing. I don’t watch Once Upon a Time, but I like the concept of a horror version of Once Upon a Time. It reminds me of A Night in Lonesome October.

I really like The Strain. Those are some disgusting vampires.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Actually, my favorite part of Penny Dreadful is the relationship between Vanessa and Ethan. It’s platonic, but they have this initial chemistry that’s interesting; they’re both immediately challenged by each other but content with a friendship in which they watch each others’ backs. And Ethan? He’s like this typical cowboy, sharp-shooter and all, drowning his sorrorws in booze and women (in the begining), yet he’s more emotionally present for Vanessa than Sir Malcom ever was for most of the show.
Hey Lea, I never heard of “A Night in Lonesome October.” Care to give any details?

Kim
Kim

@Flying Mouse
I loved the books – well, the first few anyway. I liked them a lot better in Scotland than in America. Watching the first ep of Outlander was very compelling. It wasn’t a direct translation but it felt very right and the actors are great choices. It has been quite a few years since I read the books admittedly, so I remember the feel more than the specifics, but the feel is lovely and I am dying for the next episode. I haven’t had this kind of anticipation for a show in a long time. I’m glad they made a show not a movie. IMO they should stop trying to turn novels into movies and stick to (high quality) tv shows.

@Lea
My bf is complaining a lot about how slow it is. I’m surprised he hasn’t given up on it yet actually. It’s more gruesome than I would normally watch but they avoid showing how the gore got that way which I can deal with.

I am not many episodes in as they’re not broadcasting it in Australia yet, and I only just heard about it.

Oh, another showI just heard about – Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire – even though it’s years old. I watched some clips and looks like it could be really funny. It gets a 7.2 on IMDB despite being deliberately B-grade. Anyone have an opinion?

Falconer

I myself am between games.

Hmm, multiple ‘Teers looking for group. Wonder if there’s a solution there….

cloudiah

An explanation of the whole “Shut up, Woody” thing has been added to the Welcome Package. Pretty soon, we’re going to need to build an annex to that thing.

hellkell
hellkell

I really like The Strain. Those are some disgusting vampires.

Me too. The show is janky as hell–I keep expecting to see “American International Pictures” pop up somewhere in the credits–but it works. I had to laugh that it took until episode five or whatever Sunday’s was before anyone even said the word “vampire.”

Corey Stoll’s wig should get its own show.

hellkell
hellkell

Oh, yeah, The Knick is really good too. I’m very glad 2014 medicine has advanced from 1900 medicine. Not a show to watch while you’re eating.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

So this is from a reddit Redpiller (as highlighted by Sunjammer0037 on r/thebluepill). Note: these are from the same comment (a reply to Sunjammer0037):

I hate whores, I hate cunts, and I definitely hate the average bitch. I do not, however, hate women. Scream it from the highest mountain. Broadcast it on the radio. Do whatever you gotta do to get the word out. You’re still wrong.

and later

Yup, you’re a man hater. Case closed.

I rarely see such stunning examples of… intellectual inconsistency in the wild. It is like the platonic ideal of illogic.

(From here: http://www.reddit.com/r/PurplePillDebate/comments/2d0kzc/question_for_red_pillers_why_do_you_hate_single/cjpa6f1)

mildlymagnificent

All the taiga ladies (all the taiga ladies)
All the taiga ladies (all the taiga ladies)
All the taiga ladies (all the taiga ladies)
60 lbs of weed!

I hope you understand this strangely constructed in-joke.

You’ll have to stay in all day, Ally. Your ribbon wrapped internet could arrive at any time.

coffee
coffee

This article is insulting towards sacks of potatoes.

Kim
Kim

I myself am between games.

Hmm, multiple ‘Teers looking for group. Wonder if there’s a solution there….

Is it possible to play D&D over skype or similar, or would it not work if it wasn’t in person?

I’ve never played before, it just always sounds fun. I listened to the Penny Arcade guys playing a game and it was so funny.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Women’s rights and modern medicine are pretty much the top two on my lists of “favorite reasons to live in the 21st century”, frankly. I like biology/medicine related nonfiction, and I strongly recommend “The Demon Under the Microscope”, which is about the discovery and social results of the discovery of sulfa drugs, which were the first effective antibiotics in the general sense.

In an ironic twist, the disaster that lead to a stronger FDA that could actually regulate drugs was not one of the useless patent medicines circulating the US at the time–it was a case of a very useful and very safe drug that a manufacturer sold dissolved in a poisonous solvent (diethylene glycol). Yes, that happened.

I’m currently listening to “The Emperor of All Maladies”, which is about cancer, and it is fascinating so far.

Shiraz
Shiraz

I think The Knick is a winner, hellkell. Though I can’t help but feel Clive Owen’s character is a reincarnation of House — arrogance and drug addition, doesn’t bother being nice to people.

sparky
sparky

Has anyone read any of Ramsey Campbell’s novels? A lot of them deal with Lovecraftian type horror. I would recommend them to anyone who likes that kind of horror; especially The Darkest Park of the Woods; The Overnight; Ancient Images and Midnight Sun.

Fibinachi

Well, the seldom used forum has a small section on roleplaying games and some archival postage that hints that people have done it before q:

Also, you can play RPG’s over the internet with CASUAL EASE because of the WONDERS OF THE ELECTRONIC MEDIUM that is our WIRELESS TRANSFERENCE OF SIGNALS through the AETHERIUM (I may have been writing newspaper articles for a fake newspaper to give to my players).

Or just skype.

But that particular gem of the internet is a fully functional and integrated platform with stuff.

There’s also all the pathfinder rules available for free.

pf20srd.com

or if more narrative stuff is your cuppa, Lady Blackbird is all kinds of joy. http://www.onesevendesign.com/ladyblackbird/lady_blackbird.pdf

hellkell
hellkell

I’m sure we’re going to see plenty of White Dudely Angst, but as long as there’s enough interesting B plots, I think it’ll be OK. I want to know more about Algernon, Cornelia, Nurse Elkins and Sister Harriet.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

@Shiraz and Kim – Thanks! I’m still not sure if I’ll try it myself, but I’m glad to know that it’s a quality production thus far. 🙂

marinerachel
marinerachel

I could not be more pleased that Mr. Owen was cast in The Knick. I LOVE him. LOVE. HIM.

tiko72
tiko72

@lea

I’ve only read one of Algernon Blackwood’s books and that’s ‘the willows’. I say read but I only got the book after I heard it read out on the radio (read by Roger Allam who has the perfect voice for it)To me it’s the perfect horror story,maybe horror is too strong a word but everything is just right with the writing,Blackwood never once goes overboard.
I don’t think it would work as a play or a movie, Blackwood writes so the readers imagination plays a large part in the story.After reading the book myself I still think that listening to it being read on the radio is better and I never miss it when in gets repeated.

tcwill00
tcwill00

Fibs beat me to the Roll20 rec. In my defense I can only plead that I was held down and severely d’awwwed for three quarters of an hour by a sleeping baby boy.

tcwill00
tcwill00

Anyway, I have played many dozens of hours of games on Roll20, and the only problem that I encountered is the learning curve on the dice commands, especially for something complicated like Savage Worlds where you’re rolling multiple dice and taking the best result, and rerolling maximums, etc.

Last October I ran the classic module Tegel Manor using the Basic D&D clone game Labyrinth Lord, and it was a lot of fun.

The tale about the goblin illusionists has me thinking what fun I could have with a gnome illusionist/thief. Sure, he can’t win a stand-up fight, but the idea is he doesn’t even try. Pity the focus shifted through the editions from winning treasure to fighting monsters….

And I have shamed myself. Take from me my grognard card, scribble all over it to indicate that it’s dead, and hand it over to the DM. The module is, of course, THE FORGOTTEN TEMPLE OF THARIZDUN, not THE LOST etc.

(For what it’s worth, a lot of the early adventure modules don’t live up to the hype of their titles. THE SINISTER SECRET OF SALTMARSH ain’t all that sinister, sister.)

Shiraz
Shiraz

Yeah, hellkell, I have high hopes for the supporting cast too.

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m pleased to see Algernon Blackwood fans in here. I absolutely adore Willows. It’s terrifying. Especially for a city person like me who feels a bit out of their comfort zone in the wilderness. I like it much more than anything Lovecraft wrote even though the Call of Cthulu is also great.

Hyatt
Hyatt

Re: “Shut up, Woody”, I always think “Shut up, Wesley!” Which really isn’t fair; Wesley was a mostly well-meaning kid, not an obnoxious contrarian troll.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

@ Shadow

I am indeed positively gleeful about how frustrated Woody must be. Such a simple challenge, so much fail. If Roosh decides to comment here we should make his challenge having to say something positive about women.

childrenofthebroccoli
childrenofthebroccoli

If you want to find a D&D group in meatspace, try checking out your local comics and/or gaming shop. A lot of them run games that are open to the public on weekends.

weirwoodtreehugger

Wait, what was the rest of the challenge? I can’t remember.

Ally S

TW: police brutality, anti-black violence

Update on the Ferguson police brutality and the shooting of Mike Brown: As of now, the St. Louis police is firing tear gas and rubber bullets at clearly peaceful protesters. There is live coverage of these events here: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

Please spread this link around like wildfire. These cops are fucking evil.

cloudiah

@mildlymagnificent, You may want to award Ally this page.

cloudiah

Perhaps I should have refreshed the page before inserting frivolity.

What is going on in Ferguson is horrendous.

weirwoodtreehugger

In addition to firing at peaceful protesters, two journalists have been arrested and eventually released without charge. Apparently the first amendment is no longer a thing?

DJG
DJG

@ jared – There’s a MGTOW combination of spite and envy. They’ve had to give up relationships, marriages, children, while we’ve surrendered nothing, and have all the options for a full romantic life completely open to us as the changing of times in our favour will allow. Why should we inferiour beings get to have the freedom they’re trying to stake out, women in our lives on our own terms AND love/sex/marriage/children as well? At first, I expected them to attack us on this ground as a completely undeserved privilege (as they are so fond of thinking of Straight Man as Victim #1), but it seems instead that this is where some of them, so supposedly devoted to cold logic (at least, their version of same), wrap themselves in religion. I suppose there’s some spiteful comfort in the thought that certain people who are logistically always going to have more fun than one in this life are headed downstairs in an afterlife.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

I’m pleased that the interwebs are here. It used to be a lot easier to pound on protestors and claim the protestors started it…the footage to be disappeared later.

cloudiah

Truth.

sparky
sparky

TW: police brutality, anti-black violence

Please spread this link around like wildfire. These cops are fucking evil.

I’m so disgusted with my country right now.

kmcorby

Hah, love the cats! The words were a yammering soundtrack to the hilarious cats.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

If you’re on twitter and haven’t followed Zerlina Maxwell, you might want to do it. She’s collecting a lot of the news out of Ferguson.

The images of the police in Ferguson have been terrifying. They look like a fucking invading army. This is Rebecca Watson’s take on it:

(twitter embeds, right?)

strivingally

Elon James White also does a lot of good work and right now his twitter feed is so damn depressing.

Day one
Reasonable response
“Not being denied…”

As I saw someone point out, it’s telling how differently the police respond to a bunch of white men with guns “protesting” in open-carry rallies, compared to a bunch of unarmed black people protesting against police brutality.

strivingally

Oh also, in news to raise a mirthless laugh from the cynical among us?

Just saw Kate Harding retweeting someone else who pointed out there’s only two cities in which Washington Post reporters have been arrested this year. One of them’s Ferguson.

The other is Tehran.

I can’t even.

Megan Rivera

The kitties were literally the only thing that made that video remotely watchable.

Ally S

David, can we have an open thread for the shooting of Mike Brown and the situation in Ferguson?

redpoppy
redpoppy

I read the overall summary I just cannot bring myself to watch it. Hearing them talk hurts too much. Reading is bad enough, but the talking would be 10x worse. Ugh.

Also, the situation in Ferguson is beyond bullshit. Police brutality, institutional racism, I just can’t even with it right now.

Ally S
redpoppy
redpoppy

It’s just enraging. Whites were way more likely to have contraband but, oh no. We have to stop those black people!

strivingally

Seconding the request for a dedicated thread. I feel rage is inappropriate in a thread that was initially about laughing at the ridiculousness that is Doosh V.

redpoppy
redpoppy

Sure. It’s just kinda hard to hide it.