a voice for men antifeminist women cuteness evil sexy ladies evil women female beep boop FemRAs infighting irony alert kitties misogyny MRA no girls allowed patronizing as heck PUA red pill rhymes with roosh YouTube

Misogyny Theater: Roosh vs. the Lady MRAs

In this edition of Misogyny Theater, we hear from pickup guru Roosh V, who has some thoughts about the female Men’s Rights Activists – FeMRAs – that we’ve seen so much of in the media of late.

He doesn’t much like them. Not because they’re hateful nitwits like their male comrades in the Men’s Rights movement. But because, you know, they’re women, representatives of what Roosh so memorably calls “a gender who has no loyalty to men.”

He accuses them of pandering to men for attention, and accuses male MRAs, in turn, of being too easily ensnared by their feminine wiles. It’s a mirror image of the accusations that MRAs like to throw at male feminists, and likely to infuriate more than a few MRAs, both male and female.

All of Roosh’s bits in this video come from his recent video “The Men’s Rights Movement Is Making A Huge Mistake.” I’ve indicated all my edits with beeps.

We may be seeing more from Roosh in Misogyny Theater in the future. For the dating-guru-cum-reactionary philosopher, from his secret lair located somewhere in Siberia – no, really, he has literally exiled himself to Siberia — has announced in another video his plans to take over YouTube over the course of the next year or so.

Will he be able to do it? On the one hand, he’s a reactionary woman-hating piece of shit, which means that he should be able to appeal to YouTube’s vast reactionary woman-hating piece of shit demographic. And he has managed to build up his Return of Kings blog into a must-read site for terrible people; a quick check with web traffic monitor Alexa shows that, trafficwise, ROK is trouncing the most popular Men’s Rights site, A Voice for Men.

On the other, as you may have gathered from this video, he has about as much charisma as a sack of potatoes. Stay tuned.

hellkell
hellkell

He’s right that FeMRAs like the attention/validation, but wrong about them moving on. They’ll be booted out of the boy’s club the minute they say something PaulE and the gang don’t like. Also, they only have the “power” that Paul allows them to have.

The cats creeping up slowly are my favorite part of this.

magnesium
magnesium

Ah yes, Siberia, known for it’s overabundance of sexy, young, single ladies.

I, for one, am completely in favor of Roosh moving further and further away from women, and all humans. Maybe this is the first step towards his eventual retirement into self-inflicted poverty and hermit like existence in a shack in rural Russia. He’s unemployable, alone, and getting older. I just hope that one day, long after he has stopped living with electricity and indoor plumbing, someone goes looking for him so that we can all see the inevitable conclusion of his lifestyle.

runsinbackground

So this reminds me of something: yesterday after reading the post about Roosh’s opinion of unmarried women living alone, I sort of fell down a Roosh-hole and ended up reading a ton of articles on rooshv.com (yeah, I was bored at work and angergasms help for some reason). It got me wondering; given his attitude toward women, that they are bad people in all circumstances and that the problem with Western Culture is that it allows them an unnatural amount of license, what does he think about queer people? If he were logically consistent he would seem to be compelled to view gay men as uniquely manly/good, in that they don’t have to have any interaction with evil women at all in order to pursue sex, and conversely to view lesbian women as uniquely feminine/bad. Of course, logical consistency isn’t exactly his strong suit, so I imagine that he’s equally grossed out by both gays and lesbians, and probably sees bisexuals as dangerous traitors to the cause of Gender Essentialism, but I don’t want to do any more slogging through his archive to find out. Can anyone confirm?

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

Okay, so does anyone else get a classic ’80s Thundercats vibe every time they hear the term “FeMRA”?

Lea
Lea

Gaebolga,
I do now. 😀

LBT
LBT

RE: magnesium

Lea
Lea

Isn’t there a D&D monster called the femora? Isn’t it a skeleton full of giant parasitic worms?

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

This is random but has anyone heard from that commenter Just Give Up yet? I’m really worried about her. I hope she talks to us soon.

And I don’t think I’v seen Marie either.

Falconer

All the tundra ladies (all the tundra ladies)
All the tundra ladies (all the tundra ladies)
All the tundra ladies (all the tundra ladies)
Now wrap yourselves up!

(I’m sorry, I’m so sorry)

andrea harris

I wonder if the FeMRA’s will pick up on this and realize that being “one of the boys” is always conditional. I doubt it, though.

vaiyt

Let them eat their own, I say.

Falconer

@fruitloopsie: Marie hasn’t been around for a while, but she and Fade come and go.

I haven’t heard from Just Give Up lately, and I’m ashamed that I haven’t thought about them recently. 🙁

Leah
Leah

after reading through some of the comments on Roosh the Douches’ posts, I found this gem:

“Roosh, your problem is that you have a huge blind spot.

1.You don’t seem to inherently enjoy life very much. Things like learning a difficult language or exercising or dancing don’t seem to register as fun for you.
2. You are average in terms of your physical appearance and below average in terms of economic power.
3. You frequently display a low level of energy as a result of number 1.

When an attractive woman has casual sex (i.e. she is not looking to use sex as a means to her ultimate goal of marriage/children/stability), she wants to have fun. For her to have fun, there needs to be a high level of physical attraction or an above average level of physical attraction combined with something unusual that captures her interest.

Your strong point is coldly evaluating the motives and physical attractiveness of women based on your desires. Your weakness (ie blind spot) is failing to realize that they do the same to you.

Vibe, energy, optimism, non verbal communication, that’s what happens in social interactions, and something you seem to miss.”

I found it particularly hilarious because this guy is right on the Money. Women looking for one night stands wants to meet fun, positive Guys and Roosh (as most other MRA’s, PUA) is anything but that. They always negative, always complaining about something. It’s no Wonder they’re unable to bond with women.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

LBT

NO! Not them! Nobody should be around him!

Lea
I don’t think this is a Femora

AcidTrial
AcidTrial

To be fair, there are some pretty charismatic sacks of potatoes out there, though. The one in my kitchen is pretty cool.

Falconer

Holy carp, Siberia is 77% of Russia, like the entirety of Russia in Asia except for the Pacific coast.

THE NICE NECROMANCER: *tips femora* m’lady.

LBT
LBT

RE: fruitloopsie

NO! Not them! Nobody should be around him!

The moon, maybe?

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Leah
THIS ^

LBT
“The moon, maybe?”

Hmmm… ::rubs chin:: sounds good I like it.

weirwoodtreehugger

How horrible do you have to be to not find the MRM sufficiently misogynistic?

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

I’m gobsmacked that ROK is beating out AVFM in traffic.

David, Alexa.com doesn’t recognize the variables in the link.

drst
drst

I was rooting for him to stay in Siberia. Where all those mysterious methane-produced holes in the ground are opening up.

Hmm…

twincats
twincats

I’ve always pronounced FeMRA as fem-are-ay rather than Femra, don’t know why.

@Leah

Women looking for one night stands wants to meet fun, positive Guys…

Truth. As a former (hmm, how shall I put this? Oh! I know!!) Single Girl Who Lived On Her Own for many years (if you know what I mean), I met many fun, positive guys that I thought I’d like to have teh sexy times with. There had to be a connection, though, even if it wasn’t a deep, lasting one and nothing like that could be forged without fun and positivity. Not with me, anyway. I think it was at least in part because this was back in the 80’s and in the U.S. Military and I had to keep my um, hobby on the down-low and I needed to feel I could trust the guys I had happy fun times with.

/tmi

cloudiah

And we all know what female penguins are like.

Dvärghundspossen

Oh crap, I’m in the same country as Roosh! (Fortunately it’s a big one.)

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

RE: “Not far enough. I say Antarctica or bust. There, he will only be able to irritate the local penguins and seals. (And I suppose scientists at the research base.)”

And if he maybe disturbs a few of the local shogoths in the mountains there, I don’t think anyone would mind…

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

This is the first time I’ve actually watched one of the misogyny theater skits. Most of the time I can handle reading the manosphere garbage. Hearing human beings earnestly say the same trash is a little too much, even with the clever visuals to distract me. But I had to hear what Roosh sounded like. And now I think my sack of sweet potatoes in the pantry is owed an apology. They are much more magnetic and engaging.

I’ve always pronounced FeMRA as fem-are-ay rather than Femra, don’t know why.

Me, too. Though I can also see the appeal of the fem-rah pronunciation.

Shadow
Shadow

I have this sudden image of him desperately spitting game at Baba Yaga. Siiighh, makes my day

sparky
sparky

ROK gets more traffic than AVFM? Heh. That must stick in Elam’s craw.

Lea
Lea

Sparky,
AVfM has some women. No doubt that takes away from the appeal for many Manosphereans.

Weissness
Weissness

I’m hugely looking forward to his video of himself “taking a dump”, mentioned oh-too-briefly in his “taking over YT” video. That could arguably be every video he’s ever made, so that would be redundant; but some things bear repeating.

I don’t want to boost his arbitrary, yet magical, number-of-views goal, but if I find myself on any of his pages in the future (or in Siberia), I will comment on the redundancy.

Also, thank you for the cats.

sadie6

Hasn’t rok published several trollish articles that went viral? That’s probably why they get a lot of traffic.

Aerinea
Aerinea

Lea, you aren’t getting a femora mixed up with a Mohrg, are you? Because they look like skeletons full of large, purple worms.

tealily
tealily

Then there is the irony of a PUA whining about how women aren’t loyal. Not that anyone in the manosphere judges women by anything but a double standard.

Luzbelitx

I’ve always pronounced FeMRA as fem-are-ay rather than Femra, don’t know why

I did the same thing!

Re: Antartica

That would actually be too close to me… can’t he retire to… the inner core of the planet?

And also re: penguins, our Presidenta’s late husband and former Presidente was nicknamed “El Pingüino” (lovingly by his followers and hatefully by his enemies). The followers also began calling themselves penguins to some extent (and using penguin cartoons to identify themselves). Much like the pet of a sport team, I guess?

So that would make her a total Penguin Super [insert gendered slur]! And this place is a Total Gynocracy!What a great time for oppressing teh menz!

Hey, they even depicted her as a penguin!

Luzbelitx

(And yes, putting her head in animal bodies is just a tiny example of the loads of misogyny thrown at her regularly, shame on all those assholes)

bodycrimes

Roosh does have a point about women in this particular movement – it never ends well. The men get jealous of the success of the women and turn on them viciously. These are very volatile personalities that are prone to rages and flounces, so it’s going to happen sooner or later.

On the other hand, Karen Straughan might develop enough of a following that she can finally kick off the losers at AvFM. That would be a good and bad thing. Good because the fallout would be she’d fragment the movement further. Very bad, because she sounds reasonable, if you don’t listen too hard, and she could pick up mainstream traction. Either way, Roosh is right that she will do something that leaves the MRAs for dust (he mentioned her in a tweet).

All the tundra ladies (all the tundra ladies)
All the tundra ladies (all the tundra ladies)
All the tundra ladies (all the tundra ladies)
Now wrap yourselves up!

It’s getting cold out here, so put on all your clothes,
I am getting so cold, I’m gonna put my clothes on!

Although technically I think it should be “all the taiga ladies.”

Falconer

You know, I thought it might be taiga, but the Wikipedia article I scanned only mentioned pine forests and tundra.

Pine forests = taiga.

There are ladies out there but they’re all looking for crashed airplanes. (Cloudiah will get that joke.)

Falconer

Well, wiki says much of Siberia is taiga. Oh well.

Falconer

Oh hey, those Oblivion graphics are pretty good for an eight-year-old game.

cloudiah

I get that joke!

Fibinachi

Yup, second that. That’s the Mohrgs. Never heard of the Femora. I know there’s Fomorian, based on the Irish folklore (giant mishapen giants). Giants, neutral evil, cave dwellers.

Mohrgs are some of my favorite enemies, because as a DM, the the animated bones of a murderer that came back to life because the bastard was too much of a hardass to quit their murdering spree is sort of gleefully over the top.

‘Course the create spawn and paralyses abilities help too. I remember one once that for some godawful reason had Whirlwind Attack (Attack everyone around you) and hit every character in melee range… and proceeded to paralyze all of them. I was less than thrilled, because it meant the entire party was brutally murdered by the unrepentant skeleton of a mass murderer.

runsinbackground

Never mind, I went ahead and answered my own question: not a big fan of the gays, our Roosh. I don’t know what I was expecting, to be honest; if you’re capable of having empathy for others to the extent of being respectful of gay people, you can most likely extend that respect to women, and that’s the opposite of Roosh’s niche. It’s almost too bad, really, because I bet a more nuanced, or at least not explicitly hateful, take on Casual Sex in Foreign Lands could be an interesting read.

Skye
Skye

Fibs, you must be a brutal gm 🙂

I made a joke about ushankas at our last RPG session and the GM offered to double the fate points of anyone who drew zir character wearing an ushanka.

Foolish man.

Lea
Lea

Yep. Those are the things.
I don’t play. My husband did and My oldest daughter used to like us to read the monsters manuals to her.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

I know there’s Fomorian, based on the Irish folklore (giant mishapen giants).

Or rather, there were Fomorians. The Tuatha Dé Danann kinda killed ’em all off (or drove them into the sea, depending on which source you prefer).

I’ve always found it interesting that Irish mythology is so heavily grounded in an ancient version of colonialism; the locals are always getting conquered or ousted by newcomers “from across the sea,” only to get ousted or conquered in turn a few generations later. It oddly mirrors certain aspects of both the iron-age Celtic expansion and much of the history of the British isles themselves.

That said, Balor was a bad-ass….

Falconer

@Gaebolga: Well, D&D helped itself to the fomorians.

Not to be confused with the formians, large ant-centaurs that, for some reason, are immune to poison and cold and ignore the first 10 points of electricity, fire and cold damage.

Which knowledge would have benefited me before I had my wizard drop that fireball on them. Between their saving throws and resistances, they ended up only taking 5 points each….

1 2 3 4