Uncategorized

A Men's Human Rights Movement Graphix Xtravaganza of Joy!!1!

Actual "meme" from AVFM. I did not make it up or choose the font.
Actual “meme” from AVFM. I did not make it up or choose the font.

That last post was a bit, well, grim. So I thought I’d lighten the mood with some terrible, terrible memes from A Voice for Men’s Facebook page. They’re so Men’s Human Rightsy that you can practically smell the human rights wafting off of them!

Or could that be the powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity?

Either way, enjoy! For a fun game, see how many different examples of ideas that do not actually enhance human rights you can find in the memes below! For example, I found both misogyny and transphobia! See what else you can find!

avfmkillsleep avfmtransphobia avfmawesome avfmindustrev avfmmothersdayyy

This last one is kind of my favorite. Fuck you, mom! I took out the garbage last week!

Luzbelitx

I mean the first after the jump. Which means he second one. The “And we can kill you in your sleep”.

Ally S

Where does this notion that all feminists see themselves, personally, as victims come from?

Pure misogyny.

Luzbelitx

Wait. Bonerplates?

Bonerplates! Is it a contest? Cause bonerplates will obviously win so I will not even try. I can’t do better than bonerplates 🙁

Also, LBT I like your new avatar 🙂

safer midwifery utah

this mother’s day, give her a card that says “fuck you, I am not a rapist!”

friday jones
friday jones

I actually have a bubble gum pink Strat, but I find it’s much easier to play the guitar if I hold it down in front of me rather than across my shoulders like a woodsman’s axe.

pallygirl

@friday jones: but if you have the guitar in front, you won’t be able to play Star Spangled Banner properly!

cloudiah

I’m going off topic. I’M GOING OFF TOPIC (needs to be all caps because we usually never do that here, LOL):

pallygirl

There should be an award for the best use of crocs. 🙂

friday jones
friday jones

@pallygirl: I prefer “This Land is Your Land,” anyway. 🙂

Kim
Kim

How can cats squeezing into small places be so adorable? Someone explain the evo-psych reason for it to me please.

white knight
white knight

That graphic design make 1998 geocities graphics look attractive.

Becca Jones-Starr (@rockrezerection)

I should be used to these sort of things…but this made my heart drop. I’d never date any guy that “liked” that page…

oraclenine
oraclenine

Actual conversation; scene, a typical fannish/nerd/ geek household Woman on couch with a tablet, man at desk across the room. He is facing away from the woman.

Me: Huh.

Himself: What? What did you find now?

Me: I’m reading Mammoth.

Himself: That fills me with foreboding.

(note: he claims he has an unspecified trauma disorder brought on by things like me trying to explain penguin whores. or GGG’s suggestions for his cure incel today! government programs or Melller’s dolls and brothels fetish)

Me: No, it’s nothing weird. It’s just, well, it appears I have been feministing wrong all this time.

Himself: Really? How, pray tell, have you failed to feminist?

Me: According to this meme from A Voice For Men- (Himself makes a rude noise)- having dazzled you with my claims of desiring equality I should have killed you in your sleep. We’ve been together nearly thirty years, and I haven’t even made a token effort to put an end to you. I’m a failure as a feminist.

Himself: You were… um, lulling me into a false sense of security and then you’d POUNCE, I just know it.

Me: You’re just trying to make me feel better.

Me: It’s just a meme so it doesn’t really have a very good procedure manual.

Himself: Well I guess we’ll await further instructions from our feminist overladies.You can lull me some more if you want, just to keep in practice.

I also find myself wondering if the artists and photographers know their stuff is being used this way?

@friday jones: LOL

@Kim: humans only bred from the cats that could fit into small boxes because they were the most adorable. So the fitting into small boxes is a trait that is correlated with adorableness, probably linked on the same chromosome, so is conserved between generations. Shit, I think I just did genetics instead of evo-psych.

pallygirl

I’m going to add this, for some reason YouTube gives me tampon ads now as recommendations…

pallygirl

David – for the t-shirt sizing, if it’s going to include the female shaping, are these going to be a tight fit? Or will they be like an unshaped or non-fitted shirt, or you’ll have both available?

Tessa
Tessa

Two of those really bother me. Most are just silly or ridiculous, but the first and the fifth one really point out what’s wrong with their worldview.

1) We will force all this stuff upon you without asking what you want… If you don’t like it, why are you so ungrateful??

5) Historical inaccuracies aside, it’s the same old story of “some person with presumably the same sexual organ as me did some good stuff, so I’m awesome by the penile transitive law. It’s math!”
They always do that with the positive things a small percentage of the male population have achieved throughout history. Never the negative. Nope, they make a big deal about not being associated with the bad things other men do. That particular transitive law is reserved for vaginas*.

*While I agree possession of one or the other of specified organs does not determine “manhood” or “womanhood,” I doubt the creators of these mathematical principles take that into consideration.

pallygirl

David, thanks, all I’ve been able to think about for the last hour or so has been the t-shirts. 🙂

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

kirbywarp:

Why would you have a picture of a macho dude working on a machine in a meme trying to argue that the industrial revolution helped women? Wouldn’t you picture an example of a way in which women were helped?

It’s a man building the first Industrial Revolver, which then started spitting out washing machines and sewing machines and personal massagers. That’s real history. The subsequent use of those appliances by women is trivial.

dlouwe:

Also, isn’t the whole “historical male innovation” thing basically the apex fallacy; claiming that men are innovators because a certain number of men were prominent innovators?

Ah, but the Apex Fallacy does not apply properly here, because the minimum number of inventions by an individual man is zero, just like with just about all women. It’s not possible to invent a negative number of things (notwithstanding the guy who actually invented negative numbers). Therefore, men on average have a higher number of inventions on their CV.

Misha
Misha

@oraclenine

“Himself: Wait a minute. I’M A FEMINIST. Am I supposed to kill myself in my sleep?”

Tea just went everywhere. I only wish it hadn’t been out of my nose.

bunnybunny
bunnybunny

Has this simply been the greatest deception in human history?

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

oraclenine, that was the best conversation ever.

::nods in agreement:: There is probably a PhD psychology thesis waiting to be written about this condition.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

Speaking of cats squeezing into small boxes:

(Possibly my favorite Maru video, but it’s so hard to choose!)

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

It didn’t surprise me that Maru featured heavily in that vid of Furrinati squeezing into things. 😀

Emmy Rae
Emmy Rae

@oraclenine hilarious!

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

RE: Luzbelitx

Wait. Bonerplates?

During our ‘MRA commemorative plate’ challenge, I drew a few boners. And thanks! I like the new avatar too, though I might make the background green, just for posterity’s sake.

Emcube
Emcube

Wow, if your mom is a feminist *insert lie about feminism*. So, don’t get her anything for Mother’s Day. Men need to think twice about splurging for a card? Seriously, how much cash is a dude out for a card anyway? Really, “Think about that before you go dropping card money on you mom. What did she ever do for you, anyway?” Just screams “Men’s rights”, doesn’t it? This movement could not be about hating all women, even your mom, right? As if moms are raking in that sweet, sweet Mother’s Day cash. These people really sound just like estranged abusive fathers who hate that their kids still love their own mothers.

Well, hey, if the men are out buying cards and such for their mothers, how will they donate money to Paul Elam then?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Mothers Day is misandry! I mean, mothering is just what women do, right? So it’s silly to appreciate it, right? And any public appreciation of work that women do is pretty much the same as castrating every man who sees it.

Tell your mother to go to hell for justice today! It’s the MRA way.

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

These are hilarious. What are the names of these masterpieces of surreal art? I propose, from top to bottom: Entitled, Detached from Reality, Ignorant, Objectifying, Historically Inaccurate and Vengeful.

Like a short checklist for MRA personality traits. Isn’t it curious how this so-called “mens’ rights movement” can’t seem to be able to make a single meme that isn’t purely about hating women?

DJG
DJG

Although I’m against many (most?) holidays and wish a copy still existed of my long essay on the theme *Hallmark is the Root of All Evil*, I do wish they hadn’t dragged either of those Sundays in May or June into all this. It only makes those of us who have severed contact with poisonous parental units look bad.

clothesminded601

Women worked during the industrial revolution I think people forget that…

Misha
Misha

Hmm, how about Refuge or Respect in the UK? I suggest these in a completely biased way, because they’ve given so much life-changing support to I and my loved ones 🙂

vaiyt

A staple of bigots everywhere. Of course, if all men are Nikola Tesla, we are naturally led to conclude that all men are also Pol Pot.

sparky
sparky

How about Global Fund for Women? They have high grades from charity watchdogs groups like Charity Watch and Charity Navigator, and it looks like they have a global focus and do good work.

Kakanian
Kakanian

Women worked through all of humanity’s history. Even those that got married and stayed at home. People hardly ever remember that, for some reason.

weirwoodtreehugger

Planned Parenthood is always good.

I also had a question. I submitted a cat picture a couple of weeks ago and it hasn’t shown up yet. Does that mean it was rejected? I submitted from my phone so I also worry that it didn’t go through properly. The sign wasn’t something that I’ve seen on there yet and Dracarys is really cute so you should put her through!

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

sarcasm:

No, no, you clearly have not read the world history as written by Mighty Peen: Chapter 010 clearly demonstrates that all bad things men have done in history have been a woman’s fault. Those devious, emotiona females, pulling the strings of the much superior, rational menzfolk! Pol Pot’s reign would have been peaceful had he not had a female cousin and a sister, who somehow, I don’t know how, made him the terrible person he turned out. Hitler? Friendzoned by Eva Braun. If she had given the poor, troubled Nice Guy Adolf the time of day, he wouldn’t have turned into a genocidal murderer. Not to mention poor Stalin, who was manipulated into dictatorship by… um… Anastasia, probably.

And remember, if someone calls out the historically inaccurate facts we provide, we can always blame the mothers. Unless they died in childbirth, in which case… uh… feminists? Attila was made to kill teh menz in the name of feminism, right?

/sarcasm

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

RE: David

RAINN maybe? Planned Parenthood is also a good one.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

Sadly, Cassandra, this isn’t that ridiculous. I could totally see them saying this in earnest.

So does anyone have thoughts on feminist charities to donate the t-shirt profits to?

I recommend some local DV shelters (especially pet-friendly ones, as they are sorely needed). Maybe even a men’s shelter, if you feel like rubbing the MRAs’ lack of activism in their faces (but I understand that’s not the priority here). Or how about the Girl Scouts? They’re inclusive, trans-friendly, and raising the next generation of gynofascists.

Women worked during the industrial revolution I think people forget that…

Right? Who led the Bread & Roses strike? Who DIED in the Triangle Shirtwaiste fire and protested for safer working conditions? Learn some goddamn labor history, MRAs.

Ten bucks says that someone, somewhere, has blamed Pol Pot’s shit on a woman.

I want this on a t-shirt. And a billboard.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

Sorry for the awkward wording above. The women who died in the Triangle fire were not the ones who subsequently protested the unsafe working conditions. At least, I don’t think so. But if Valerie Solanas has taught us anything, it’s the feminists occasionally come back as zombies…

pallygirl

David: what about a charity that rescue sex slaves, that you can contribute to easily? Wikipedia has a list here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organizations_that_combat_human_trafficking but not sure about the feminism focus.

Re cat charity, how about a local no-kill cat shelter?

I don’t have strong opinions about feminist charities, but as far as animal charities go, I’d like to put in a humble plug for NKLA, which is working to make Los Angeles a no-kill city. The reason I suggest it is because proving that no-kill works on a large scale would have a ripple effect. And euthanasia, of course, disproportionately affects cats.

cerberustheasexual
cerberustheasexual

Oh man, these are amazing. Where to start with them?

1st one: Wah! Patriarchy promised me a submissive house/sex slave who keeps my house in order and my 2.5 children in the suburbs, but that turned out to be a lie and that’s all the fault of the mean nasty women who didn’t turn out to be the fantasy that patriarchy painted them as. I demand women apologize for not being an unrealistic fantasy immediately!

Also, I like how every men’s right BS has to get really vague when it comes to how exactly women have “turned on” men while doing their best to imply it is something fatal and evil because demonization. It’s almost as if they are somewhat embarrassed about trying to defend “the hot girl I’m perving over who is 20 years my junior won’t be my submissive sex slave” or “wah, I don’t have iron-fisted control over my female property” on their own merits.

2nd one: They really do seem to believe that women are some sort of alien attack species that has been going around murdering men in their sleep with their razor-sharp alien incisors. It overall reminds me of the fantastical thinking behind support for “castle doctrine” and right-wing gun frenzy. Oh, all the brown people of the world want nothing more than to break into your home for the sole purpose of murdering you, but will be kind enough to make a lot of noise and alert you to their presence, allowing you to wake up, get focused, get armed, and find them with a close-range weapon they’ll wield at distance threateningly so that you’ll be justified in getting away with murder, I mean, protecting your female property, I mean, protecting your life, yeah. Also this is totes so common that it makes perfect sense for everyone to do this and for laws to protect it, cause this situation isn’t less common than a zombie outbreak.

And it really is about the same thing. I want to feel justified fantasizing about murdering or otherwise visiting cruelty to a minority group, so they are totes murdering me, so I’m justified in abuse/murder/violence.

But hey, women who think violent angry men might be violent are delusional and just using victim-stances to avoid responsibility and it’s unfair misandry, wahhhhh!

3rd one: That’s… not how social construct works. Or the meaning of “gender is a social construct”, though there are arguments to be made at the way various aspects of what is commonly lumped together as gender (gender identity, gender performance, societal interpretations of gender) confuse the topic and allow really dumb transphobic interpretations of feminist observations and…

No, let’s instead just muse on the thing every bigot pulling a “well, if you didn’t want to be oppressed, you could have just chosen to be straight/cisgender/male/white/rich/etc…” argument trips and falls over. Even if these things could be “chosen”, it wouldn’t mean that oppression would be justified. Just look at religion, which is definitely a choice and very much tied to social aspects of humanity, but most of these people wouldn’t favor having Christianity or Atheism shat upon because of religious bigotry or say that oppressed religious groups of the world (if they are ones the arguer belongs to) should just up and be the dominant religion if they don’t want to get hurt.

4th one: Man, I wish. I wish there was a safety net provided by feminism. Hell, I wish there was a robust safety net, period, in this country. And seriously, what is with the shitting on a safety net? It’s the only thing that reduces stress and panic enough to allow real economic choices, innovation, entrepreneurship, and class mobility and…

Oh right, libertarians are closet autocrats and don’t actually want a real competitive economy, they just want all the others to know their place, but still feel like a badass for “earning” the top spot in a rigged game.

5th one: Yes, the dehumanizing and destructive movement that codified a system of gender segregated work with women’s work being undervalued totally did more for women than the movement that prevented women from being murdered by their bosses, got women the right to vote, made marital rape illegal, and gave women more control over their bodies. Uh huh, sure. But hey, it looked all manly and sweaty and coal fire, so let’s have some lily-livered engineer use it for a fantasy of blue-collar masculinity.

6th one: Is it just me or are all MRA complaints about spending money. Wahhh, I don’t want to spend money on women creatures. It’s unfair to pay women creatures. Wahhh.

Okay, don’t. In fact, stop having any contact with women altogether and go to your fantasy kingdom of dudes where you only ever have to have financial and social interactions with other dudes and leave the rest of us the fuck alone, already.

maistrechat

I really really don’t understand why the (supposed) existence of a safety net somehow prevents women from being awesome. Also, being helped. Is the message that you can’t be awesome unless all of your successes are solely due to your own effort? ‘Cause that tells me that the only way to be awesome is to have been abandoned in the wilderness as an infant.

Kakanian
Kakanian

Oh come on, even Tarzan was rescued and raised by a clan of apes.

weirwoodtreehugger

Cool, I don’t mind waiting I was just hoping my kitty wasn’t rejected!