Uncategorized

A Men's Human Rights Movement Graphix Xtravaganza of Joy!!1!

Actual "meme" from AVFM. I did not make it up or choose the font.
Actual “meme” from AVFM. I did not make it up or choose the font.

That last post was a bit, well, grim. So I thought I’d lighten the mood with some terrible, terrible memes from A Voice for Men’s Facebook page. They’re so Men’s Human Rightsy that you can practically smell the human rights wafting off of them!

Or could that be the powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity?

Either way, enjoy! For a fun game, see how many different examples of ideas that do not actually enhance human rights you can find in the memes below! For example, I found both misogyny and transphobia! See what else you can find!

avfmkillsleep avfmtransphobia avfmawesome avfmindustrev avfmmothersdayyy

This last one is kind of my favorite. Fuck you, mom! I took out the garbage last week!

Amanda Ching

“The mothers of our children, we broke our backs…”

Also grammatically incorrect! Go AVFM jackasses who don’t understand modifying clauses!

Fibinachi

Oh god.

I just realized something.

That M logo? It’s quite clearly a man with spread legs and a large schlong because these guys are so manly manly manly.

Oh god.

Cannot unsee.

valarauka
valarauka

Ah yes, the Industrial Revolution. Such a male innovation. With products like the dishwasher, which was of course a male inventi- oh, wait, no, that was Josephine Cochran. Ah well. But it was men who made advances in the more “industrial” sectors, right? Like petroleum? Oh wait. Edith Flanigen was a big name there. Might as well use computers to check up on the facts. Computers that wouldn’t exist in the way we know them without Ada Lovelace or Hedy Lamarr.

Maybe they should just put white-out over the mistakes in their memes. But then, that was also invented by a woman, so I guess they’re stuck.

Misha
Misha

Wtf…? Is that a Nazi Germany wallpic they’ve chosen? Is the circled dude a MGTOWer? What is going ON with that page??

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

All I see in that first one is a MRA engaging in a histrionic whine – while picturing themselves holding a gun. Sorta changes the tone of the complaint if someone flashes a weapon at you when they make it.

Andrew Johnston

If gender is a social construct, then identifying as female is a choice, not an imposed disadvantage. You cannot claim to be disadvantaged if you’re making life hard for yourself by placing unnecessary conditions on your own existence.

On a similar note, if race is a social construct, then identifying as any particular race is a choice, not an imposed disadvantage. If you really don’t like being “randomly” stopped by the police or security, you could simply opt to be white.

That’s what “social construct” means, right? Right? Please tell me I’m smart.

insanitybytes22

What is with the attractive women making scary faces meme?? I mean, scary-face “we can kill you in your sleep” girl looks a lot more like a sexual fantasy than a threat.

manhattansbalcony

I have slept beside at least one woman who could be described as “card-carrying” feminist (Douglass College alum) and I can assure you she very rarely attempted to kill me in my sleep.

Lea
Lea

Wow, if your mom is a feminist *insert lie about feminism*. So, don’t get her anything for Mother’s Day. Men need to think twice about splurging for a card? Seriously, how much cash is a dude out for a card anyway? Really, “Think about that before you go dropping card money on you mom. What did she ever do for you, anyway?” Just screams “Men’s rights”, doesn’t it? This movement could not be about hating all women, even your mom, right? As if moms are raking in that sweet, sweet Mother’s Day cash. These people really sound just like estranged abusive fathers who hate that their kids still love their own mothers.

The difference between what feminists and the assholes of AVfM think of men is just this:

Feminists: Men are people who can control their actions and thus rapists chose to rape. Rape is not a biological imperative that men cannot control. Rape culture tells men that only a small segments of rapes are “really rapes” so that it’s OK if they commit them and if you teach them that all rapes are wrong, they are less likely to rape.

MRAs: Men can’t help but rape. Their brains and empathy shuts down at the sight of a woman’s butt. Some rapes are totally justified, in fact, women are begging to be raped by existing while female. Minors predate on child molesters. Getting groped and assaulted is just a price they pay for being in the company of well known, well off men. Street harassment is A-OK and probably women’s fault. Men gonna men. Consent is too hard to understand and makes sex boring anyway.

One of those groups does indeed hate men and treat them as subhuman monsters. The other are feminists.

Yes, I expect my children (even my sons *gasp*) to understand and respect bodily autonomy and consent. I expect them to see all people as deserving of equality, compassion and dignity. That isn’t hard to grasp. Kids can do it.

Misha
Misha

Cor. I thought for a wild second it was a deeply symbolic message of symbological deepness pandering to one well-known ‘Dr’ of AVfM – all hail Paul Elam!
Until I saw the lone dudemeister peering around, like a ‘Where’s MGTOW Wally’.

MrFancyPants
MrFancyPants

That first graphic is missing the words “WE HUNTED THE MAMMOTH FOR YOU!!!11!!”

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

Fibinachi, unfortunately, I’ve been seeing that for quite awhile.

AVFMers still don’t get that rants at essay length are not memes.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

@valarauka:

Well done.

It may be useful to also point out that a woman, Stephanie Kwolek (who died this past June at age 90), invented Kevlar, which has been saving the menz’ lives for several decades now. Seems to me we are not doing that whole feminazi male elimination thing right.

Howard Bannister

Feminists give us a leg up, and hold a safety net under us? Good for them!

They say it like it’s a bad thing, and that’s not the weirdest thing going on here.

ladyrainicorn517

Yeah! If gender is a social construct, you ladies can just choose to be men, and then you won’t get raped! And then you’ll all be masculine and gross and we’ll hate you for not acting like women! WIN-WIN.

vaiyt

That first picture bleeds madonna-whore complex.

cloudiah

I would like to encourage Mammotheers to make your own AVfM memes, because even when we try to make terrible, craptastic memes they still somehow turn out better than AVfM’s.

So, if women can’t be awesome if feminism is helping them…is the MRM trying to prevent men from being awesome?

Howard Bannister

Would it kill any of these guys to take a design course?

Of course, design is sort of coded as feminine, isn’t it? So maybe it would kill them.

Save The Queen
Save The Queen

Plus, by doing a design course, they’d have to sit next to girls and who wants that? There’s cooties and they wouldn’t escape without a false rape allegation

beardedbeard

Yeah you no good feminists stop encoring women to kill men while they sleep!

I have to ask what kind of acid trip makes that meme sound reasonable?

pendraegon
pendraegon

@Lea that may be the most comprehensible description of rape culture I’ve ever read. Hope you don’t mind if I crib from it next time I have to explain what rape culture is and why it’s something to be opposed.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

That “woman can be awesome” one is practically perfect. A whine blaming feminism for preventing women from being awesome, and what is awesome? An attractive young woman in a suggestive pose making sultry eyes while holding a pink guitar. Truly the woman all men want women want to be.

Silly awesome woman, that’s not how you play a guitar.

dlouwe
dlouwe

The MRM is “not even wrong” personified. I have a hard time understanding how they could even reach their conclusions a lot of the time.

Kevin K
Kevin K

Well, it’s pretty clear they have “mother issues”.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Why would you have a picture of a macho dude working on a machine in a meme trying to argue that the industrial revolution helped women? Wouldn’t you picture an example of a way in which women were helped?

Save The Queen
Save The Queen

The first one reminds me so much of 19th Century primary documents written by colonial administrators in India and Africa.. Also, justifications for slavery in the antebellum south.

“We’ve brought these people civilization purely out of the goodness of our hearts! We feed them/clothe them/give them work to do! Why do they resist/run away/kill us?”

Oh yeah, the whole slavery/exploitation thing.

MRAs really have no conception of history.

Jackasses.

Sarah
Sarah

I find that last one to be particularly ironic in light of the histrionics over the #endfathersday hashtag–which turned out to be a 4chan hoax.

Falconer

@kirbywarp: That’s clearly hair metal she’s playing there.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Falconer:

Now I wish that was a real thing.

I also wish I could draw, so I could visualize some of the mangled metaphor in their text memes. Particularly, a super over-the-top image of a woman on a pedestal surrounded by suffering and wailing men, and the hand of Dworkin reaching through the clouds to lift the woman up higher.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

If gender is a social construct, then it is constructed “socially,” by society. That doesn’t mean you can freely choose. Castes are social constructs as well, but you don’t choose which caste society puts you in.

MRA Logic: Not quite as logicky as MRAs think.

dlouwe
dlouwe

Also, isn’t the whole “historical male innovation” thing basically the apex fallacy; claiming that men are innovators because a certain number of men were prominent innovators?

sadie6

AVFM and the men on that facebook page most likely didn’t break their backs for anyone. It pisses me off so much when people try to credit for other people’s accomplishments.

Do they want women to bow down to them or what?

“Oh thank you man on facebook for the guys that worked in a factory years ago even though you weren’t there”

no I appreciate the men that have done great things but I will not thank every single man in the world.

Lea
Lea

I can’t help boggling at the “You made us believe” line about “purity” and perfection and how not living up to that is letting men down. This is just bizarre. It sounds like it was written by a man who hasn’t stopped crying since he found out girls really do poop.

Men whose backs are not actually broken and who are in no way put upon by women not being “All that is good in the world” are complaining of what here? Exactly what is the grievous injury done to men by women not being what they want them to be (perfect) and dedicating their lives to making these men happy? How is a human being “pure” exactly? Is this his gross way of describing chastity? So, he’s sad that women are having sex with people who aren’t him. That’s “turning on” men? That’s deceiving them?

Also, How are feminists responsible for patriarchal ideals of women? Where are the feminists that support the idea that women need to be “pure”? Feminists are the only women MRAs say they are actively against. So, the deceitful, non-perfect women in this proudly displayed AVfM poster are feminists, right? This make sense how?
How do these people even string these poorly thought out whines together, much less think they should share them with the world? I don’t even…

How did women make these men believe they were “all that is good in the world”? That’s a really stupid thing to believe. If you see women as fully human, that’s not even a possible thing to believe. I don’t know where this poor disappointed man got this impression. It’s cartoonish.

These are the people claiming feminists are “playing the victim”.
This would be so funny, if they weren’t dead serious.

Luzbelitx

For a bunch of guys who think a person can get away with anything by “playing the victim”, they really suck at playing the victim.

Bina
Bina

Saying the industrial revolution did more for women than feminism ever did is like saying that some dude hammering together a ballot box was all it took to give us the vote. Or that boxing gloves have done more to fend off sexual assault than any legislation making it off-limits. Or some such other silly shit.

But then again, this is the MRBM. They don’t have to make sense, they just have to thump their chests and pontificate, and we will all automatically bow to their superior ManLogic™.

Because REASONS.

>snurk<

damselindetech

Ask any feminist if all women are perfect. Seriously, ask. Has anyone asked? Yeah, I know, that’s a rhetorical question. What MRAs fail to realize is feminists saying “No woman ever asks for or deserved to be raped” =/= “All women are perfect and wonderful and I would totally leave my children alone with any of them, including Karla Homolka.”

Alice Sanguinaria

I laughed too hard.

Bina
Bina

Oh god.

I just realized something.

Oh god.

Cannot unsee.

LOL…I’ve long thought as much myself. And I suppose the spread legs are supposed to look defiant and intimidating. Like, “Bow down before the Power of my Almighty DONG!”, or some such.

Personally, though, I think it looks much more like the legs of a toddler wearing a loaded diaper. Which is far more fitting.

Lady Mondegreen

Yay, the Industrial Revolution! Children and women and men working 16 hour days in appalling conditions for paltry wages! THANKS, MRAS!!

(What’s that you say? The MRAs responsible for silly memes like this aren’t actually personally responsible for the Industrial Revolution? Oh well I guess they should stop patting themselves on the back, then.)

strivingally

Dear AVfWoman-haters,

The industrial revolution only led to women being liberated via the advent of the oral contraceptive pill. Before that, women couldn’t really participate in said revolution due to not having control over their own bodies (and I’m sure the atheist man-logickers in the MRA would be pleased to know that their next counter-argument, “if they didn’t want to have kids they could’ve just shut their legs!” is exactly the same one used by religious leaders to justify all kinds of regressive bullshit).

As the oral contraceptive pill is used by 90-99% of women, depending on which stats you use, and this has allowed two to three generations of women to make their own decisions about if, when, and for how long to raise children, not to mention the countless unwanted kids that men would’ve been paying child support for without the OCP, I think you might be misattributing the source of women’s liberation economically (being able to plan a career path based around controlling their fertility kinda trumps having access to jobs they couldn’t stay in).

Aaaaand as for it being a male invention, so what? That means that men contributed to something they didn’t benefit from directly (but benefited a hell of a lot from indirectly) and created what economist Ross Gittins regards as one of the biggest economic revolutions of the modern era.

So kindly cram your “we created the Industrial Revolution for you, so STFU laydiez” bullshit.

sparky
sparky

…And at this point, I’m just kinda like, “Yes. That’s right. Feminists are going to kill you in your sleep. Feminists are just like Freddy Krueger.”

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

Golly, so many fails: design, content, wording, message… Is there no start to the meme-making talents of the MRA?

This “we can kill you in your sleep” business is pretty weird. In theory, anyone could kill anyone in their sleep, or have a jolly good try.

Which is probably why people by and large prefer to sleep with people that they trust not to kill them.

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

Ah… I get it! MRAs don’t trust women not to kill them in their sleep but want to sleep with them anyway.

Lady Mondegreen

Also, what Lea said about that “You made us believe you were innocent, pure….” one.

That is some load, right there.

“We” made you believe that? Who’s “we,” dude? Feminists? No, feminists have always spoken out against ridiculous demeaning dehumanizing bullshit like that (and yes, it is dehumanizing, even if it’s superficially flattering.)

But misogyny sparked by a man or men figuring out that women aren’t pure, innocent, perfectly lovely (and harmless) beings is a Thing, one that goes way back. Octave Mirbeau’s Torture Garden expresses it clearly–the narrator knew a Bad Woman, so now he thinks All Women are evil and destructive.

Women can’t just be people, individuals with complex personalities who differ one from another as much as men do. No, we have to be some man’s ideal.

It’s a version of the Madonna/Whore complex. No woman is really a Madonna–therefore they must all be “whores.” Because there isn’t anything else, right? For women to be?

strivingally

This stupid myth that “feminism = wanting women to be worshipped and men to be abased” needs to die of obscurity.

No. Putting women on a pedestal is just as bad as saying they belong in the kitchen.

I think it was someone here (might’ve been a different feminist blog) who aptly summed it up in saying that a pedestal is a horribly restrictive place with no freedom to move, and high enough that when you inevitably fall off – because you’re not perfect – you get hurt.

A friend of mine once schooled me on this when I made a joke about her being out of her (then-)boyfriend’s league.

Ally S

If gender is a social construct, then identifying as female is a choice.

This is a complete misunderstanding of what a social construct even is. Just because an identity is socially constructed doesn’t mean it’s chosen with the same ease that people choose between red and blue shirts.

Ally S

I mean, is it that hard to understand that socially constructed are literally imposed on society? There is no choice involved.

gorillaella

There should be a commemorative plate celebrating the awfulness of these memes

1 2 3 5