Uncategorized

The Power of Paint and Powder: Brave Men's Rights Redditor takes on women and their evil deceptive makeup.

Evil woman preparing for battle.
Evil woman preparing for battle.

Ladies, watch out! Men’s Rights Redditor warspite88 is on to you! Your painted faces don’t fool him! Your concealer cannot conceal the truth! He knows your lips aren’t really that red! He knows your eyelids aren’t really that blue!

Yes, that’s right: it’s time for another angry MRA rant explaining to us why women wearing makeup oppresses men, somehow.

In a post with the delightfully over-the-top title “Men’s rights are directly tied to the power of paint and powder. Ill explain,” warspite88 sets forth his theory:

It is my belief that women have become so beautiful through the use of makeup that most women and men are influenced dramatically and view women more as goddess and men as dogs. The power of makeup has helped to fuel a war against men’s basic human rights.

Uh, what?

Lets face it, men are ugly compared to women, right? Many men feel sorry for women or think it is oppressive that so many women wear makeup.

I’m pretty sure most men don’t get angry when a woman puts on lipstick. That’s just you, dude. Well, you and a thousand other MRAs.

Well, if you dig really deep into history and our modern use of makeup, you will see it points to one key element of humanity, Power.

Wait. I thought female power resided in the ass, not the face. Didn’t Warren Farrell write a book about that or something?

Power to attract those you want (or label unwanted attention as harassment as a result of powder power)

Powder power? Is that like miniskirt power? You are Warren Farrell, aren’t you?

Power to influence Power to feel good about yourself (vain or not) Just a few examples

Dude, sorry to interupt your little rant here, but would it kill you to put periods at the end of your sentences?

Makeup is expensive, a huge industry, so money and making others pay for your power is in high demand.

I had no idea the women were so devious. Making men pay for their makeup, which they then use to make men pay for … more makeup. Lather, rinse, repeat. It’s ingenious. At least until the makeup-using manipulator is found dead in her apartment, lipstick tube still in her hand, crushed by the gigantic boxes of makeup she conned poor male suckers into buying for her.

[W]e see it in every day life, in relationship, those trying to get relationships. we see it in business, court rooms, churches, places of power. We see it in schools, young girls even. We see it in the media oh yes those sexy Fox women, wonder why those women were hired? Why they put on so much makeup? Take a guess boys, take a guess white knights. Take a guess MRMs.

You seem a little fixated on the Fox News women.

The power of paint and powder to influence others minds, their reactions, their actions, it is one of the most deeply rooted human aspects of power projection yet few ever take it seriously. The power of makeup to make women beautiful to seduce and control a horny man or a white knight has built kingdoms, it has destroyed kingdoms, it has had major political influence around the world for all of history.

Behold, the most powerful woman in history:

Hey there fellas!
Hey there fellas!

Weird. I feel an almost irresistible urge to buy that woman some more makeup. MUS T RESIST.

There is a reason why most women use makeup, because it gives them power, subtle, acceptable power that few men can ignore.

Women’s sexuality, it is natural and men are pawns to it because men are wired to view women as sexual objects. … So when men see a woman dolled up with makeup more often than not his head falls head over heels with lust (not love) desire (not caring).

His HEAD falls HEAD over HEELS with LUST.

His HEAD.

Let’s just think about this for a second. How does a HEAD fall head over heels? A HEAD DOESN’T HAVE HEELS IT IS JUST A HEAD.

Does it borrow some heels for the occasion? Does it hold the heels in its mouth? So many questions.

The power of beauty and charisma that comes with paint and powder changes the world.

So how is it related to mens rights?

Oh, this oughtta be good.

Go outside, yes leave your computer. Go to any public place and watch people. Watch how men react to women who are dressed sexy or wear more makeup.

Uh, ok. But then I’d have to put on some pants.

Or just watch this stuff on TV.

Yeah, on second thought, let’s not go outside at all. Let’s base our entire knowledge of how men and women interact on old sitcoms and Fox News. You know, the news channel with all those sexy Fox women.

Anyway, so how does this relate to Men’s Rights?

Men are ugly compared to women with paint and powder right? How dare men show attraction to beautiful women, they must be pigs! Right?

Uh, what? Is this your actual argument? Are you actually trying to make some sort of sense? Or are you just typing?

White Knights love beautiful women on the outside , oh yes the white knight shield of justice is like a mirror to reflect the beauty of any female even a woman who murders her husband or rapes a boy.

Wat.

But a white knights sword is dripping with the blood of innocent men who dare even attempt equality with a beautiful woman.

Damn, this got dark, really dark, all of a sudden.

The power of paint and powder, it has affected every one of you reading this at some point in your life. it will again.

Well, not if one of those white knights has stabbed you to death, I mean, yikes! But let’s not get hung up on details.

It is not evil or wrong to wear makeup in my opinion but it is important that we become aware of how much of a paint and powder worshiping society we have become.

Is it any wonder men’s rights and well being have been left far behind in society that craves women and their paint and powder? Just saying.

Just saying?

JUST SAYING?!!

THAT’S how your ending this post?

And you end your rant with “just saying?”

Really? I mean, if you’re going to put it out there, fucking put it out there! Commit to it! End with something, you know, dramatic.

“By Grabthar’s hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!”

You know, something like that. Something cool.

End strong! End big!

Just saying.

Oh, and in case you’re wondering about that Grabthar’s hammer thing:

Click my kitty to see the smash hit new blog!
Click my kitty to see the smash hit new blog!

cassandrakitty

What part of “shut up about it” did you not understand, Emil?

cassandrakitty

PS : That was a rhetorical question, not a suggestion that you talk some more. Do not talk any more.

dustedeste
dustedeste

Emil, do fuck off, pumpkin.

Emil W.

I’m sorry, but I feel rather strongly about having my arguments twisted, ignored and misrepresented. It’s a part of that honesty thing. I will leave you alone now.

LAST WORD!

Know when I said earlier that I’d encountered men like this before and never enjoyed the experience? Behold as history repeats itself.

dustedeste
dustedeste

*rolls eyes real hard*

*looks around for flounce-scoring chart*

cassandrakitty

Here, have a cute fluffy goat eating some flyers. It’s much more interesting than Emil is.

dustedeste
dustedeste

Yay goats! Here, have some award-winning baby goats as well!

NonServiam
NonServiam

Rants like that make me want to wear a lot more make-up. Bring me my eyeliner! I have men to destroy!

This guy sees himself, a man as a dog. He has multiple heads. Is he Cerberus?

No, he’s just some plastic bags caught in the breeze that people mistook for wild dogs. Plastic. Bags. PLASTIC. BAGS.

*looks around for flounce-scoring chart*

Hmm, I’ll say 7/10. A solid flounce, short and pithy, with flourishes of insufferable sanctimony and a fauxpology opener.

cassandrakitty

But Katz, he was so, like, profound and shit.

To not try to look beyond someone’s appearance and see the person inside would be shallow.

Puddleglum

You know, if this argument (that makeup = power) was valid, wouldn’t that make mimes the most powerful group evah?

dustedeste
dustedeste

I mean, if mimes are awful enough that even the Patrician is scared of them… Hmm, maybe makeup IS power!

Bina
Bina

@samantha:

There is a tribe in Africa, whose name I cannot recall, where the men paint themselves to a glorious beauty. Then they go to a BIG multi-tribe event and dance in all their painted and fashioned glory in order to attract a woman.

Are you by any chance thinking of the Wodaabe? They have male beauty contests judged by women, in which the guys are all done up in makeup and finery…quite the spectacle!

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Bina

That’s really cool! It’s actually cute to make into a love story, a better love story than twilight.
Sorry twilight fans.

Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne

I never knew I was violating the Geneva Convention by wearing eyeliner and mascara. I guess I’m going to be tried for crimes against humanity now.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie
kirbywarp
kirbywarp

fruitloopsie:

No joke, after I saw Marcel Marceu’s “The Maskmaker,” I immediately gained respect for mimes everywhere. That’s power, right there. Pretty sure it wasn’t the make-up though…

Miss. M
Miss. M

Warspite88 has it all wrong haha. Women wear makeup primarily to attempt to look like the “ideal” woman they see portrayed all over magazines and television, or because they simply feel makeup makes them look/feel better about themselves. It also acts as a way to conceal flaws, since women’s value is associated with how “fuckable” they are. I always see MRA / Red Pill types of men going on and on about how men “age like fine wine” and women “age like milk”, and so males power and appeal only gets stronger as they grow older, while women hit 25 and suddenly become bag ladies trying to latch onto some “beta-male” because now she is ugly and needs a man….lol. Seriously, so many dudes on the internet talk just like that.

I swear MRA’s sound like crazy conspiracy theorists sometimes. “THE POWER OF PAINT AND POWDER – BEWARE OF THE WOMEN’S VOODOO MAGIC TRICKS, GENTS, IT’S A FEMINIST CONSPIRACY!!!!”

Bina
Bina

Sorry twilight fans.

Heh…any love story is better than that, with the possible exception of Fifty Shades of Ghaaah.

But yeah, that would be a good story idea, or maybe a fantasy tale set on some other world, but based on similar notions. The Wodaabe have been of interest to me since I saw them in National Geographic several years ago. These guys should read that mag. They might even learn something!

Kakanian
Kakanian

@cassandrakitty

Don’t joke about cooties. Ten thousands of boys growing up in the US perish to it every year.

Bad_dog
Bad_dog

Ok I have to share my two cents on this. As a woman who typically does not wear make up. No, it’s not because I don’t care about my appearance (I do not like the insinuation that only people who care about their appearance wear make up and vice-versa) but I just never cared to wear it. When I am in the office there is a lot of pressure to “look professional” and for women, includes make up. I can’t say I agree with it. I do just as good work without it, and my work attire is appropriate and clean. I love how there is no mention by the OP about women who don’t wear make up… I know there’s tons of crap written by “manosphere” folks about how women should wear make up and if they don’t they are gross, lazy, unfeminine or whatever their insult of the moment is. So which is it dudes? Basically it comes down to if you wear make up you are shallow and if you don’t you’re lazy. What the ever loving fuck. There is literally no winning.

Catherine von Überwald
Catherine von Überwald

And by the way, I don’t trim my nose hair or eyebrows, I don’t have tattoos, I don’t use cologne, I limit my oral hygiene to the barest minimum to not make my dentist angry with me, and when it comes to shaving I tend to put it off until I can make excuses like “everyone will think I don’t care about them enough to look presentable if I don’t shave” or “I’ll be less hot if I shave” to justify it. I am, you might say, committed to honesty.

So, men can go by with barest level of personal grooming and think they are “committed to honesty”. It almost like there are no society enforced standards on how much grooming men must do to not be consider slobs.

I’m bemused that someone with such commitment to “honesty” would be writing fiction. Fiction is full of LIES. LIES, I tell you!

Heretic

Reblogged this on Your social constructs are showing and commented:
I have a couple of posts scheduled for next month, but this was too funny to resist reblogging.

cassandrakitty

If looking like you’re glowering at the people you’re talking to with your forehead is honestly then please, go ahead and lie to me.

Honesty.

(Sleep? Who needs it? Me apparently.)

LBT
LBT

Lets face it, men are ugly compared to women, right?

It’s true. My husband is utterly hideous. I’m totally not attracted to him AT ALL. Which is good, since he is incapable of wearing makeup; he’ll burst into flame if he does. Men CAN’T wear makeup and never have and never used it to look good at any time in human history. (David Bowie was not actually human, but a robot built like Martians.)

men are wired to view women as sexual objects

The hell you say.

RE: Emil

I limit my oral hygiene to the barest minimum to not make my dentist angry with me… I am, you might say, committed to honesty.

Um. I brush my teeth or floss for reasons OTHER than honesty, bro. I also have tattoos in the interest OF personal honesty, actually! The body lies. The ink does not!

RE: Puddleglum

wouldn’t that make mimes the most powerful group evah?

AAAAAAH! Don’t even joke! D:

The “men are ugly, women are beautiful” idea is interesting. It goes back quite a ways; for instance, in Paradise Lost, Eve sees her reflection and falls in love with it, but then thinks Adam is ugly until he talks to her and wows her with his man-brains.

Obviously, it’s just another manifestation of straight male gaze: I’m not attracted to men, so obviously men are inherently unattractive.

cassandrakitty

Chins lie but foreheads are very honest, apparently.

cassandrakitty

You know, I don’t really buy it when men claim that they can’t tell when other men are attractive. Not being attracted to them, sure, OK, but claiming that no men are attractive or that they just can’t tell when men are? Not buying it, guys.

cloudiah

Especially when so many of them whine that they’re only getting creep-shamed because they’re unattractive, while attractive dudes can do anything and the ladies love it.

Lids

Even though I didn’t like my ex much I’m glad he was always like “hey, your makeup looks nice today.” He never complained about it either way, and he noticed if I put more effort into it or changed it up and would compliment me. I hate how a lot of guys are like “zomg i hate makeup u shouldn’t wear it u should go natural and stop wearing makeup like that girl over there!” *points at a girl wearing “natural” makeup*. How bout if you don’t have something nice to say you don’t say nothing at all? And btw nice is saying “your makeup looks nice today” to a person you actually know, not wandering up to a strange woman (or a woman where this isn’t okay with) and say “ur makeup makes my wee wee hard.”

Anyways I also hate how guys seem to think we wear makeup for them. They seem to think everything we do is for them? Wear a low cut top? You’re trying to seduce men. Wear perfume? Trying to seduce men. Lose or gain a few pounds? You are trying to get men to like you more. It’s so annoying. I wear makeup for me and me alone, and same with how I dress and the perfumes I choose to wear and what shape I keep myself in.

Also I LOVE men in makeup. Whether it’s full “women’s” makeup or just stage makeup I love it. In terms of stage makeup well, Prince can still get it even now.
Now there’s a man I can respect. He’s never stopped wearing makeup or tried to act hyper masculine even though he’s been accused of being gay for years for looking and sounding feminine.

Oh, and the Saudi Arabian man who was “too beautiful” and kicked out of his country? It’s obvious he wears makeup and to be honest I appreciate it. I like men who wear a little makeup and aren’t self-conscious about it.

cassandrakitty

People used to tell me that I’d outgrow my love of men in eyeliner but I’m 40 now so that doesn’t seem to be a thing that’s going to happen.

LBT
LBT

RE: cassandrakitty

Projected self-loathing or internalized homophobia? YOU decide, readers!

Seriously, I’ve only been attracted to men, but I have no trouble understanding on an intellectual level the concept of beautiful people with different genders. It’s not that hard, guys. You just think, “Wow, what a fascinating face,” instead of, “I WANT TO STICK MY DICK IN IT.”

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

This guy’s life must be pathetic, in the sense of “evokes pathos.” He seems to have no interaction with people on any basis other than looks, with or without the involvement of his boner. I can’t even imagine having such superficial engagements with every other human being around me. It’s like a peek into some kind of alien world.

strivingally

You should be skinny (but not TOO skinny) and pretty (but not TOO) pretty and good in bed (but not desirous of sex) and not try too hard (but let me give you an exhaustive list of the things I find unattractive) and smile more and be outgoing and friendly (but I can’t stand bimbos who just giggle at everything and overly earnest girls who take everything so *seriously* bore me) and by the way, any time you might be getting close to threading that needle society will suddenly come up with another way Women R Doin Bein A Woman Rong…

How do these guys not have their heads asplode from the contradictions?

Leum
Leum

Would anyone mind a makeup question? I bought some lip gloss at Walgreens a few weeks ago, and liked it, but it wore off as soon as I hate food. Is that a lip gloss thing or a “Leum, don’t buy cheap shitty lip gloss” thing? Likewise, where can I buy some good, relatively inexpensive eyeliner (my friend thinks I’d look really good in purple eyeliner, I wanna try it)?

Leum
Leum

*ate, not hate

Lea
Lea

Why not decorate ourselves if we enjoy it? People wear jewelry, colorful clothes, accessories and flashy sneakers too. In a world that treats women engaging in self care or self love or *gasp* any activity that draws attention toward them as the worst thing ever, I find the act of highlighting my features and treating myself as if I deserve a little glamour in my day to be subversive. After all, how dare I think my features are beautiful enough to draw attention to or to think I have the right to cover up a zit or a freckle as if it’s my face and I can make it look any way I like. I can also feel anyway about it I want to and that includes not liking it at all. The idea that we just have to love every scar and feature is bullshit. As an individual I can have individual thoughts, feelings and preferences about my body. I feel the same about plastic surgery. You want a different body and you can afford one? Go get it. No material thing will ever be more your own than your body. Fill it with silicone or skittles and beer if that pleases you. Pop in some tinted contacts or wear glasses that you think look great, whether you need them or not. Pierce it, shave it, teach it to dance if that makes you happy. We have the right to present ourselves anyway we like and if sometimes I want to present myself with sparkles and gloss, I will.

The point made about fat women is absolutely true. You get shit for supposedly not working out enough and then you get shit for daring to sweat, wear work out clothes and get dirty. No matter what you do, it’s assumed to be a sign of your lack of pride in yourself. You are presumed not to have a personality trait that does not revolve around your size.

The baggage associated with femininity works much the same way. Everything you do is somehow assumed to relate back to your desire to be fuckable (even by other women apparently) or your rejection or fear of being seen to be fuckable. You can’t just like things or have a personal style.

Trying to please anyone but yourself with your appearance is absolutely pointless, especially for women.

Lea
Lea

The body lies. The ink does not!

LBT, that’s beautiful.

Lea
Lea

Leum,
That’s just the nature of gloss.

garvanthemad
garvanthemad

“Dude, your cockamamie thesis is that evil makeup-wearing, husband-murdering, boy-raping women rule the world, while easily manipulated white knights are going around wantonly stabbing any Men’s Rights Activists they can find.”

Actually, if anything I feel like it’s possible he was raped by an older woman when he was a youth, and as an adult had a terrible wife.

Just saying.

Tessa
Tessa

Amongst all the stupidity, I found this part especially horrifying:

Simultaneously, giving men a pass for bad behavior AND blaming women for it. What the hell dude?

On the plus side, Tinyorc has a tattoo of a Hylian shield. That’s pretty cool, though totally a lie against nature apparently.

Myoo
Myoo

I feel like this guy is really proud of the rhetorical value of “paint and powder” even though the phrase evokes “clown makeup” more than it does “21st century cosmetics.”

UNLIMITED POWER!

creepycupcake
creepycupcake

Make-up is not expensive. I buy most of mine from the pound or 99p shop.

cloudiah

LOL, Myoo, you should have put a trigger warning on that for CLOWN

cloudiah

AKA coulrophobia.I did not know that was a word.

@ garvant

Wow, dude, I hope you didn’t sprain anything while making that reach.