announcements antifeminism antifeminist women cuteness kitties ladies against women MRA

Cats respond to #WomenAgainstFeminism with new blog: Confused Cats Against Feminism

You can't argue with that!
You can’t argue with that!

So two of the females in my household have decided, sadly, that they want to get in on this whole Women Against Feminism thing. Yes, that’s right: they want to publicly declare their opposition to feminism.

Against my better judgment, I agreed to take pictures of them with signs spelling out their objections. None of their arguments make much sense to me, but, hey, they’re entitled to make their case on the internet if that’s what they want.

There’s just one little complication: the two antifeminist females in my household are not, you know, human females. They’re cats. Not being, strictly speaking, women, they can’t really post their pics to the Women Against Feminism blog.

So in the interest of free speech and fair play, I’ve set up a Tumblr blog where my cats, and other cats who share their beliefs, can take their stand against feminism – no matter how ridiculous their arguments are.

I present to you: Confused Cats Against Feminism.

You can see the first post there now, featuring my own adorably furry traitors to their gender.

I urge you to submit pictures of your own antifeminist cats, with their own little signs.

You can submit pics on the Confused Cats Against Feminism site, post pics in the comments below, or you can email them to me here at futrelle at manboobz.com.

There’s just one rule: your cats must be genuinely confused about why they oppose feminism, and generally unclear about what feminism is.

And the ideas expressed on their signs must be their own. In other words, I don’t want any Men’s Rights Activists paying cats on Fiverr to hold their signs for them. That shit won’t fly in this litterbox!

All that said, blatant photoshopping is perfectly fine. This is the internet, after all.

And if your animal friend is something other than a cat, that’s fine too. As long as it’s possible that they might think that they’re a cat.

Also, feel free to put the word “Poland” or the Polish flag on your pictures. A lot of the women on the Women Against Feminism blog do that, for some reason.

Argenti Aertheri

Mesh from a HVAC vent cover surrounding the intake it the sump — genius decided to jump up there and proceed to flop around like a fish literally out of water. I returned him to the water and covered it more throughly. Ugly, but I’m still amazed he even managed to get up there! (The tube to the left is an air line running down into my fish bucket since the gobies are still awaiting release into Puff’s tank, I want them eating well first, cuz, well, look at the belly on Puff!!)

Sunflower

Lmfao this is perfect timing because I just made a bunch of ridiculous spoof anti feminist things to put on signs xD

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

“Don’t open the box! Don’t open the goddamned box!”

#SchrodingersCat

Ally S

@Gem

An article written by Cathy Young in which she regurgitates anti-feminist claims about feminists calling all women victims. No thanks.

pallygirl

I just read the Gem piece. The writer should be sacked from any magazine called Reason.

pallygirl

I don’t need feminism because hallucinogens.

#CheshireCat

Ally S

Cathy Young (the author of that article Gem linked to) is nothing more than another Contrarian Tradcon Woman that anti-feminist men use to shame women who openly oppose men’s misogyny. She is the kind of anti-feminist who is automatically believed whenever she says her own life experience is proof that patriarchy doesn’t exist – in direct opposition to women who speak about how misogyny impacts their lives. The latter are almost never listened to.

Fibinachi

Gem | July 25, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Here is an interesting article on these women. Thoughts?

———————–

Thoughts:

“How long have I been on this train? Feels like a human age. Maybe I should try to find a job that involves less pendling on public transport swear to god I’ve seen that tree before. Argh. Deja vu. I’m stuck on the railtracks of repetition…
… Todays notes mention I’m a gay prince. That can’t be right—oh. As in colorfull. That is one unfortunate way of phrasing that. Who writes these letters anyway?

I need more coffee. This sleeping pattern isn’t working. What rhynes with meticulous anyhow. Huh. So am I supposed to play an eccentric, colorful prince that seduces people? This is for a polterabend. Oh no. That’s wrong on multiple levels and how will I ever manage that anyhow?!?

Is that the same tree again?

Stating that 10 % of men are poisoned candies and claiming that all men are sharks doesn’t seem like two identical statements. If I see the phrase “limbic system” or “counter feminist theory” I’m out.

“Matronizing”? I get it…. But that’s not funny. Just odd. Wonder what the shadowrun ruleset says about sharks as mentor spirits. What if I made an actual misogynist shark worshipper? Would anyone else get the joke? Dob’t think so… Wait, 80something likes and shares is the same as an article is the same as a shark is the same as a poisoned candy? It’s handwaves all the way down.

Arfh when is this train-ride done—- it’s been just five minutes? Oh god I’m in purgatory.”

pallygirl

Ally: exactly. And those MRAs who say women can’t science or logic fail at science practice #1: when you do an experiment, test to prove your hypothesis wrong. It only takes one fact that doesn’t fit to destroy a hypothesis. That one data point is worth more than 1 million data points that fit the hypothesis.

Fibinachi

Cathy Young:
Friedan would have been aghast had she known that, 50 years after she began her battle, feminist energies were being spent on bashing men who commit the heinous crime of taking too much space on the subway.

Actually in linked article about men and space:
The issue here isn’t that women feel physically threatened or fear asking someone to move over. It’s just interesting to observe the very clear difference between men and women when it comes to how much space they feel comfortable taking up in public — especially when they are inadvertently inconveniencing someone else.

HENIOUS MALE BASHING! Noticing trends and taking pictures is misandry in the extreme!

kittehserf MOD

::snort:: it isn’t inadvertent, often enough. Ask some dudes to move their knees in so you’re not actually perched with half a buttock on the seat and they react like you’ve asked if you can crush their nads in a vice.

I had to look up polterabend. My brain tried to do an autocorrect and turn it into poultrybend.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Shouldn’t Cathy Young have outgrown the “I am a chill girl, please give me male approval” stage by this point in her life?

weirwoodtreehugger

The other day a woman sat next to me on the bus. She had a child, a diaper bag and a large purse with her. Somehow she managed to not invade my personal space. I always find it really hard to believe that a man has no choice but to press his leg against me or elbow me the whole time.

pallygirl

This seems to be strongly cultural. In NZ, on public transport (train or bus) we pretty much try to completely ignore the stranger sitting next to us, which means we also try to avoid any body contact at all. Males and females both observe this rule. Or maybe because Wellington has had such good public transport for so long, it’s just us.

Ally S

Whenever anti-feminists reduce feminist talking points to absurd statements like “Women are literally dehumanized by men asking them if they want coffee”, it’s only because they are aiming to discredit women on the basis of their so-called hysteria. It’s not just a silencing tactic; it’s an active reminder to women that they are delusional. Also known as gaslighting.

pallygirl

It would be better if we could refuse to use the term hysteria. given its history. In psychiatry, hysteria has not been used as a term since 1980: http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/12/2/152.full which is good because the term is hideously gendered.

Ally S

Yeah, I was only saying “hysteria” because I was referencing the terms that these anti-feminists use.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

It’s so tempting sometimes to say “look, you and I both know they’re not that big, so stop crowding me” to some dude who has his knees spread so wide you’d think he was about to give birth, but common sense and the knowledge of how quickly some men can escalate from mildly intrusive to violent has prevented me from doing so thus far.

pallygirl

🙂 Is there a word that means the opposite of polymath so I can use it to describe MRAs to show the breadth of their failure.

Are anti-feminists MRAs too? I’m a little stuck on the intersectionality of that, and they do seem to feel that men are generally being downtrodden, i.e. having fewer “rights”, in comparison to women. I think I have used those terms correctly otherwise it would be Male Rights Activists, which is not the phrase used.

kittehserf MOD

Monomath? Unimath? Failedatmath? (Not that I can talk, anything more complicated than the times table gives me the wibblies.)

A response I read on a thread about dudes and their mile-wide knees: “My arse is bigger than your balls.” Funny, but not one I’d like to use, because of the potential for insults or real escalation as a result.

We seem to be halfway there about the no-contact stuff on the trains. People are more likely to talk on a country train, especially if it’s crowded, than on a metropolitan one, ime. The not-touching is generally right (apart from Menz Knees) but there’s one habit I’m noticing that pisses me off – people typing on their laptops and constantly touching the person next to them (ie me!) in the ribs. I really hate that; they’re tiny touches but they feel intimate and intrusive. I tend to react by nudging or squirming quite hard – I get away with this because I’m usually leaning against the wall, dozing or looking like it. (Oh, I bumped you? Don’t touch me while I’m asleep, then.)

Another confused anti-feminist cat

(well, it’s the same one, really)

pallygirl

I’ve got it: polyapotychia. Apparently this is a neologism, and please note that I made sure that the entire word is based on Greek. 🙂 I am grrr when I see combined Greek and Latin words.

kittehserf MOD

What does it mean, pallygirl? Totally crap/ignorant of heaps of things?

Many failings. 🙂

pallygirl

BTW nice cat on the train set. I feel that you caught the cat in mode one. Mode two would be batting all the moving trains off the model set-up. And possibly running away with one in its mouth.

kittehserf MOD

It’s even worse than that, pallygirl – I photoshopped Mads into a pic of a kitty sitting on the rail set. Poor Mads doesn’t have a train set at all and here I am tormenting her with that fact.

pallygirl

I see a meta picture of Mads looking at the picture of herself on the trainset, showing that she clearly doesn’t need feminism because look what you did to her with the Photoshop!

This description makes sense in my head. It may not make sense to anyone else.

strivingally

I don’t need feminism because I only live for three days so the patriarchy doesn’t have time to oppress me.

#ConfusedMayfliesAgainstFeminism

Argenti Aertheri

“Argenti, so fish are into getting themselves stuck in places they really shouldn’t, too! Silly puff.”

The best part? He did it while I was standing in front of his tank. Puffers are definitely smart enough to recognize their humans (he’s funny about anyone else feeding him, he suddenly becomes wary of the pipette) — so the question is if it was pure chance, or he decided to try it when I was sure to notice if it went badly. I know he recognizes me, but idk if he’s THAT smart (I mean, he did have a brine shrimp literally swim into him before he figured out it was food)

But yeah, he’s me not-so-little-anymore goof!

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

“I don’t need feminism because … oh look! There’s a pretty budgie in that shiny thing.” #ConfusedBudgiesAgainstFeminism

kittehserf MOD

This description makes sense in my head. It may not make sense to anyone else.

It does, it does! 😀

Argenti, I can just imagine thinking “Oh good, the big dispenser of food is here. Now’s the time I can investigate this spot like I’ve been wanting to!” That, or “Look how clever I am – oh shit – “

kittehserf MOD

This cat doesn’t need feminism because it’s obviously Ceiling Cat destroying the world in fire and brimstone.

pallygirl

Hmm.. biggest cat has a WMD that is his butt.

kittehserf MOD

Bwahahahaha! Sounds like Fribs. Hers is the same. Other night I heard her in the litter and got up to go clean it. I was in the lounge, quite some distance from where she was, but as I stood up it was like I hit a solid wall of Stench.

Fibinachi

Thoughts Two:

“I’m on a train again.
A train to the surface of the sun.
How can it be this warm? At this point I should seriously consider taking a long term vacation in my deep-freezer.
This relentless onslaught of hostile climates about as accomodating as Mars must be how mra’s feel about feminist inclined spaces. Wonder if they sell memetically sealed suits for ideologically exposure vectors.
Did I just self-monologue a bad pun on atmospheric sealing?
Apparently even my inner voice is droll. Argh.

How come it’s a male bashing statement to ask why men often feel inclined to take up large space areas? I’m taking up two seats on my own.
Huh.
Remember some of that pickup advice? That was training your body to assume the right of complete expansion.
Oh god. Look around you, Fibs. Half the men in this section must be PUA’s in disguise!

Wait.
No. That’s heat damage talking. Getting cooked makes me paranoid.
Paranoid. Space. Usage.

whore penguins hard chairs Tom Martin oh drekking dark voids of space Tom Martin is behind it alll!

Crap, the guy taking up four seats is staring.
Does he know I know he’s a deep cover mra?

I need a memetically sealed suit.

How long can one train ride possibly take?
Wait. I’ve seen that tree before.”

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Fibinachi

::snaps::

cloudiah

fibi, those made me giggle–especially since the “Haven’t we seen that tree before?” thing used to be an old family game on long road trips.

cloudiah

Oh, and I just want to say that all of you complaining about men taking up too much space on public transportation are being totally unfair! Clearly, they’re just saving room for cats.

Fibinachi

Fibinachi

::snaps::

I already have aaaaarrrrrfggfhhhhgggfgfffdfffff. It’s just me, Fourseater and my giant bag of peas a passing man just asked why one could buy on every station in our fair capital and not being an expert agriculturalist I do not know but now it seems too pea perfect to be a mistake is the chairs in on it?! Is this now the mra and the pea? Maybe they’re ecologically, biodegradable listening devices for the pod people and that WOULD make sense because peas come in pods and
And wait
Waitwaitwait.

There’s three letters in pea and three letters in mra and PEA can also mean Perfect Egalitarian Activist which is so smug It Cannot Be A Coincidence.

Darwins devilish declarations on descent peas are people the peas are made from people.

Have I seen that tree before? Is the tree’s in on it too? Terrible treant theories!
———————-

Re:Gem.

The above three short snippets are my thoughts about your linked article. I presume they possess essentially as much substance as that actual article.

grumpycatisagirl

I can think of no greater honor than getting your tumbler called the “strangest tumblr of the week” in Italian. http://www.meltybuzz.it/gatti-contro-il-femminismo-il-tumblr-confused-cats-against-feminist-a130370.html

Woody
Woody

I have hardly ever seen men spread their legs on trains and subways. The only time I ever hear about this non-issue are places like this.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I never see men spread their legs on trains and subways. Never. I never ride trains and subways but that cannot possibly be the reason I never see this non-issue.
Better trolls pls.

weirwoodtreehugger

Woody,

Maybe it’s because men have a tendency to only take up men’s personal space.

Oh, and shut up.

weirwoodtreehugger

I mean women’s space 😀

pallygirl

And if it’s off-peak with loads of seating available, who the hell cares? It’s only when the behaviour is disadvantaging others. But expecting a troll to understand/care about complexities like temporal influences is like expecting my cat to summarise Proust.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Love the trolls who think they can dictate what we talk about and how we should go about doing so. Woody, go make a puppet out of napkins or something, OK?

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

pallygirl; But science and MRAs go together like marmite and peanut butter. Anyone who actually likes this combination: you’re wrong. 😛

Up yours, heathen. Spread that shit on warm toast, add some cheese, and you’re in heaven.

If you don’t like it, go live in Australia.

pallygirl

@Phoenician: you’re just wrong on soooooooo many levels of taste.