announcements antifeminism antifeminist women cuteness kitties ladies against women MRA

Cats respond to #WomenAgainstFeminism with new blog: Confused Cats Against Feminism

You can't argue with that!
You can’t argue with that!

So two of the females in my household have decided, sadly, that they want to get in on this whole Women Against Feminism thing. Yes, that’s right: they want to publicly declare their opposition to feminism.

Against my better judgment, I agreed to take pictures of them with signs spelling out their objections. None of their arguments make much sense to me, but, hey, they’re entitled to make their case on the internet if that’s what they want.

There’s just one little complication: the two antifeminist females in my household are not, you know, human females. They’re cats. Not being, strictly speaking, women, they can’t really post their pics to the Women Against Feminism blog.

So in the interest of free speech and fair play, I’ve set up a Tumblr blog where my cats, and other cats who share their beliefs, can take their stand against feminism – no matter how ridiculous their arguments are.

I present to you: Confused Cats Against Feminism.

You can see the first post there now, featuring my own adorably furry traitors to their gender.

I urge you to submit pictures of your own antifeminist cats, with their own little signs.

You can submit pics on the Confused Cats Against Feminism site, post pics in the comments below, or you can email them to me here at futrelle at manboobz.com.

There’s just one rule: your cats must be genuinely confused about why they oppose feminism, and generally unclear about what feminism is.

And the ideas expressed on their signs must be their own. In other words, I don’t want any Men’s Rights Activists paying cats on Fiverr to hold their signs for them. That shit won’t fly in this litterbox!

All that said, blatant photoshopping is perfectly fine. This is the internet, after all.

And if your animal friend is something other than a cat, that’s fine too. As long as it’s possible that they might think that they’re a cat.

Also, feel free to put the word “Poland” or the Polish flag on your pictures. A lot of the women on the Women Against Feminism blog do that, for some reason.

saphy
saphy

In my childhood we basically ruined a dog by not having him desexed: dad was opposed for unstated reasons to the removal of our new dog’s balls, and we lived in a rural area where everyone knows that you should desex your dogs to prevent troublesome roaming behaviour because you don’t have secure suburban fences. Well dad got his way, the dog started roaming everywhere and pissing on our neighbours’ homes, and we had to give him away to a shelter because it had by that time become apparent to us that we were not, as a family unit, responsible enough to take care of a dog as it should be cared for.

Am I the only one who really wants to see more photos of David’s cats?

Zolnier
Zolnier

I could so see misogynists in the far future, after their banishment to the cold of Pluto, totally re engineering animals to fit human patriarchal ideas. Just imagine what they’d do to hyenas. And oddly enough ancient philosophers did believe that bees were ruled by kings.

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

Loving all the great photos and cute pets!

Sir Bodsworth wins all the internets for the Dr. Seusse entry!

@saphy – you’re lucky your dog lived! Where I come from, some farmer would have shot him (stupid hillbillies).

grumpycatisagirl

It’s weird tons of people I know seem terminally incapable of not calling all cats she.

I can, of course, think of one particular cat who tends to have the exact opposite happen to her.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I found these cats on Tunacannnn.com and rewarded them handsomely for pretending to have opinions.

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

“I don’t need feminism because what’s a male?”
#confusedaphidsagainstfeminism

Phoenician in a time of Romans
Phoenician in a time of Romans

And, of course, some cats are not quite as confused as they pretend to be…

Dvärghundspossen

saphy, I don’t think it’s known for sure if a female cat’s scream during mating is from pain – the male’s penis is barbed – or not. It certainly doesn’t stop the females mating repeatedly, but then the urge is so strong when they’re in heat.

From what I understand, when the barbs rip the female cat’s vagina she releases an egg, so the purpose of the barbs is absolutely perfectly timed ovulation.

I reckon a cat vagina has gotta be tough enough to take these barbs without getting wounded. Otherwise, female cats would end up with an extremely high risk of infection due to being torn up in the vagina after mating, and that just seems really stupid from an evolutionary standpoint.

(I should add that I’m not a cat expert, this is just speculation on my part.)

Zolnier
Zolnier

“I don’t need feminism because I always win at cock swordfighting.”

#confusedflatwormsagainstfeminism

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

From what I’ve read, the female cat needs the barbs to achieve orgasm, which both releases the egg and brings her out of heat.

When I’ve seen it happen, it’s been astonishing. Like, seriously, if humans orgasmed like cats did I don’t think there’d be any war. It just went on and on and on.

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

It’s the same with rabbits. For years scientists could not work out how to artificially inseminate rabbits, until they sussed that the buck has bristles on his penis which trigger ovulation.

The copulation of cats that I’ve witnessed was hair-raising and earsplitting and looked quite gruelling (every time an attempt failed the queen turned and slashed at the tom’s face), but both participants seemed enthusiastically consenting and in no hurry to stop.

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

Forgot to add: where they artificially inseminate rabbits they use something like a small paintbrush brush with two bristles on it.

twincats
twincats

That article on Discovery was interesting. My cat is the exception that proves the rule, I guess. He’s fine being home with me alone, but once my husband comes home, I may as well not exist for the most part.

strivingally

“I don’t need feminism because I use whichever genitalia is convenient at the time. When it takes this long to catch up to a potential mate, finding out we have incompatible parts would be a shame!”
#ConfusedSnailsAgainstFeminism

contrapangloss

I don’t need feminism because I’m an amazing fencer. #ConfusedPlathyhelminthyesAgainstFeminism

Karalora
Karalora

“I don’t need feminism because my mate is already nothing but an embedded sperm factory for me.”
#ConfusedAnglerfishAgainstFeminism

pallygirl
pallygirl

I don’t need feminism because I already copulated and fed.

#FemaleWolfSpidersDon’tCareAboutFeminism

cloudiah

I love all of these IDNFB slogans/posters.

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

I DO need feminism so the human males will stop hunting me for their bonbon eating mates!

#WoolyMammothsForFeminism

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

Am I the only one who really wants to see more photos of David’s cats?

You are not alone!

This thread just gets better and better!

grumpycatisagirl

I never knew bon bons were made of mammoths. That explains a whole lot.

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

@grumpycatisagirl – yes. The quality of bon bons has decreased significantly since the poor woolies went extinct. Modern elephant is a poor substitute, so I make do with many, many man tears.

maistrechat

@katz

I thought it was hilarious.

Woody
Woody

It’s interesting to see your idea of a “humorous” post.

LBT
LBT

Woody, what are you here for? I’m serious. You don’t seem to be enjoying yourself, nobody likes you… what’s the point?

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

I just read more of that Women against Feminism blog and I was shocked on seeing a few of the comments, I mean I know that they are ridiculous but Geez that’s uncalled for. It makes me really mad. I’ll stop going back.

I don’t need feminism because I already have a man who stays at home when I hunt with the girls <3 and also eating Bon bons

#Lionessesagainstfeminism

I need feminism because the lions won't share

#Hyenasforfeminism

Proberly not very good but hey I tried XD

GrumpyOldNurse
GrumpyOldNurse

Haven’t done this, yet:

Shut up, Woody!

He,he,he, that was fun!

Robert
Robert

Way back when I was at University (Berkeley,California), there was a satirical anti-feminist group called Ladies Against Women. It’s unsettling how many of the tropes they used to mock anti-feminists are now being used with complete seriousness by the current generation of antis.

grumpycatisagirl

The tumblr is in this roundup of cat news in the SF Weekly!:

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

I’m so happy David got two shout-outs in the media! Hopefully, that will help offset the poo being flung at him on Twitter. “Gender terrorist”??

@Phoenician in a time of Romans

Thank you for posting that video! The barking cat is hilarious and the “Oops, I’ve been caught” look is priceless.

kittehserf

Awww, poor little Woody. It must be sad having no sense of humour.

cassandrakitty

Does Woofy just sit there reading this blog waiting for opportunities to insert his pissy little bon-mots? That’s so sad.

kittehserf

He’s probably crying because he hasn’t had an opportunity to express his undying love for Pauly for a while.

pallygirl
pallygirl

Crickey, does that mean Woody thinks all the other posts here aren’t humorous. Mocking misogyny, what on earth could that mean?

pallygirl
pallygirl

I need feminism and I don’t need feminism

#SchrodingersCat

cassandrakitty

In all seriousness, what kind of pathetically misanthropic individual gets all sour-faced and irritable at the sight of silly pictures of cats holding signs? Woody is another candidate for personality implant surgery.

pallygirl
pallygirl

Can we try chip from shoulder removal and stick in arse extraction first?

Oh and bags not me. No returns.

kittehserf

I need feminism and I don’t need feminism

#SchrodingersCat

I laughed really loudly then.

Misfeliny!

cassandrakitty

Like, it’s a cat in a box. How is this offensive or upsetting to even the most humorless person?

kittehserf

Well, if you’re an elf, and the cat is Greebo and he’s been stuck in the box for two irritating minutes …

Gem
Gem

Here is an interesting article on these women. Thoughts?

Karalora
Karalora

@kittehserf

Then he’ll be Bloody Furious. Because of Quantum.

cassandrakitty

The trolls are kind of like what would happen if Pratchett’s elves lacked the ability to manipulate people by projecting glamor, aren’t they?

kittehserf

That’s the best description of trolls yet! If a Pratchett elf thought it was projecting glamour but wasn’t … hmm, sounds like PUAs, too.

Karalora, precisely!

cassandrakitty

PUAs are what happens when manosphere dudes try to project glamor and fail miserably.

pallygirl
pallygirl

The problem is because the manosphere dudes are consuming assfacts instead of TruFacts.

Argenti Aertheri

Puff wanted to play, though I’m not sure why… http://www.feministborg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/x20140725-212532-77132486.jpg.pagespeed.ic.tt9_OLjcfg.jpg

(And for everyone who has asked for one, there you go, a recent pic of my not so little guy)

Oh yeah, of course the catfish come out now >.<

cassandrakitty

What’s that thing that looks like muslin on the right?