advocacy of violence are these guys 12 years old? dark enlightenment evil women gender swap heartiste homophobia literal nazis mantrum men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed white men PUA racism red pill transphobia

The gender and racial makeovers of Thor and Captain America rustle jimmies at The Spearhead and Chateau Heartiste

Captain America and the guy who'll be taking over his job
Captain America and the guy who’ll be taking over his job

So it turns out that Red Pill Redditors aren’t the only ones in a tizzy about Marvel comics’ plan to replace Thor (the superhero, not the actual Norse god, all praise him) with a woman. All over the manosphere, jimmies are rustling at the news.

The proudly racist, woman-hating pickup artist guru known as Heartiste is not only outraged by the “gelding” of Thor but also, and even more vehemently, by Marvel’s decision to make Captain America black, which he bizarrely describes as a kind of racial cuckolding:

Liberals are gloating over the recent editorial choices to geld Thor and race cuck Captain America. The former will become Whor, the female Thor, and the latter will become Captain Gibsmedat, the numinous negro who saves the right kinds of white people from the wrong kinds of white people.

“Gibsmedat” – I had to look it up – is a term that ridiculous racists like to use to describe welfare checks and other “goods, services, or material … given predominately to minorities, in exchange for their tacit agreement to reciprocate by not burning down America’s cities.” It’s short, you see, for “gibs me dat.”

Hilarious, huh? The term seems to be especially popular on Chimpmania.com, a site so ludicrously racist it makes Stormfront look tame.

Heartiste continues, lashing out at a “fat white liberal quasi-male named Devin Faraci” for publicly supporting Marvel’s decision to (at least temporarily) give the Captain America costume to The Falcon, another public-spirited superhero who happens to be black:

The fat white liberal face is archetypal. These race traitors all have a “look”, don’t they? Genetics, perhaps, or just a lifetime spent wiping orange Cheetostaches off their porcine mugs. Look at that faggot. He could double as an old lesbian halfway through her hormonal replacement therapy. If ever a face looked as if it was born to have a fist buried in it, Faraci has it.

Homoophia, racism, misogyny, fat-shaming, then back to homophobia before ending with a fantasy of violence. Charming, huh?

Faraci, for his part, has taken that last bit about facepunching  in stride, adopting it as his Twitter bio.

Oh, but Heartiste isn’t done yet: he then goes on to accuse Faraci – on the basis of precisely no evidence – of hypocritically living in a neighborhood devoid of “the minorities he jerks off to.”

The anti-white liberal white male is the most loathsome of creatures. More despicable than the minorities he jerks off to, because he fulminates a credo at 180 degree odds with his chosen lifestyle for status whoring feels. Hypocritical, smug, and you just know the first to run from a fight, gathering his skirt up and shrieking like a little girl.

I wonder about the demographics of this pigman’s neighborhood? Anyone care to investigate? I might put up a post in future called “The Leftoid List”, with the names of infamous anti-white leftoid equalist turds juxtaposed with the race demographics of their immediate neighborhoods. Should be illuminating.

That would be illuminating. Not about the “Leftoids” in question, but about the fellow who calls himself Heartiste.

The comments to Heartiste’s article are, of course, appalling, filled with rants about “homos and … leftards” and “social justice fags.” They hit all the “alt right” talking points, from homophobia to racism.

They even manage to evoke the far right’s all-time favorite villain: The Jew. One commenter announces that he

did some half-hearted googling about “Faraci” to see whether his mother had been a jewess or maybe whether he had changed his jew birthname to a more WOP-sounding name when he joined the Film Actors Guild … .

And then there’s this exchange:

Bill  What a lardass scumbag. I don’t go to those movies but lots of impressionable people do, both in the US as well as abroad. The lefties who dominate the entertainment industry are on a crusade to insert black hero type characters into every film, even if it means switching an existing character’s race from white to black. If an immigrant from an out of the way place arrived here and watched tv and movies he would think all blacks are honest judges, compassionate doctors, and wise presidents and half the white people were criminals.      on July 18, 2014 at 2:57 pm | Reply Hilary Clinton      “lefties” is speld J-E-

(I’m pretty sure that is not the actual Hillary Clinton commenting.)

Meanwhile, another commenter claims that this “anti-White Kulturkampf [is] part of the greatest gencoide ever perpetrated.”

That’s right: Heartiste’s neo-Nazi fanboys think there’s a Nazi-style genocide being perpetuated against them.

Not that they’re particularly shy about advocating violence themselves. One long-time commenter writes:

Laguna Beach Fogey  That fat white liberal head would look awesome stuck on a pike outside the Chateau’s walls.

Meanwhile, another commenter posts the address and telephone number of a guy named Farci living in California; another gently points outit’s up to someone who calls himself Ted Cunterblast to point out that he’s gotten the guy’s name wrong. Yes, that’s right: among Heartiste’s followers, it’s Ted Cunterblast who serves as the closest thing to a voice of reason.

But it’s not just Heartiste and his horde who are angry about white male superheros becoming something other than white or male.

Over on the also-ran Men’s Rights hub The Spearhead, W.F. Price takes a few minutes out from tending to the new baby in the household to bash out some ill-formed thoughts on what he calls “Trans Thor.”

I’m not sure whether this is an attempt to grab some publicity or a true appeal to feminists/transsexuals, but it’s a risky move in the long-term. While adults might tolerate the switch as an amusing diversion, comics are fundamentally children’s literature. …

So I wonder whether this new storyline is intended for an adult audience, and if so, whether it’s a signal that Marvel either doesn’t care about the base market for comics, or has already been surpassed by other companies that appeal better to boys and has decided to give up. …

And if Marvel thinks it can make up for the loss of interest in boys by picking up girls, it’s time to think again. Normal girls (as opposed to future feminists) far prefer feminine characters doing ladylike things — not dominatrix types holding giant hammers. …

Finally, adult women who like Thor will not be all that happy about this. Thor’s main appeal to women is as a Nordic hunk. It’s hard to overstate the appeal of manly warriors with flowing blond hair — especially to white women. Changing Thor into a woman is going to seriously anger some of these female fans; perhaps even more than the men.

The commenters on The Spearhead, as usual, manage to outdo Price in their bigotry and ridiculousness.

One commenter claims that

This is just another variation on “piss Christ.” Changing a European mythical figure into a woman is meant to humiliate.

Spearhead regular Uncle Elmer suggests that switching Thor’s gender is designed to appeal to actual feminist Nazis:

Himmler was fascinated by Teutonic myths and named his daughter after some Germanic heroine. He was also obsessed with pre-Christian witch cults and blamed the church for mass murder of thousands of witches during the middle ages.

So it fits that making Thor a woman is a move to placate Femi-Nazis.

Meanwhile, Nemo suggests that the gender-switchers are more like old-school Stalinists:

This trend of replacing/murdering/transgendering/etc. white heterosexual male characters reminds me of the Soviet Union’s airbrushing of Politburo members who had fallen out of favor with Stalin.  A newly declared “unperson” such as Trotsky who had been photographed with Lenin would be turned into a wall or a tree in the old photos . The Party would “re-imagine” history in a manner that made it conform with current doctrine.  http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hick0088/classes/csci_2101/false.html  The link above notes that women are willing to use the same technique to remove old boyfriends and ex-husbands from family photos.  The parallels between communism and feminism are no longer being downplayed or suppressed by the MSM. Why bother? It’s now considered to be perfectly normal to distort reality or fiction or anything else for political motives.  Anyone who objects to the airbrushing of the past is now the bad guy.  How long will it be before they start sending thugs with icepicks after real men instead of just killing comic book characters?

I don’t know, dude. Probably never? It’s not feminists who are suggesting that a punch in the face – or a beheading – is the proper response to a comic book character getting a gender or racial makeover.

Kakanian
Kakanian

[quote]Also: any recommendations for good comics/webcomics?[/quote]

Blue Pills a positive love story, Epileptic, Blacksad, Notes for a War Story, the Dungeon series, Miss don’t touch me.

We’ve been scanlating a lot of franco-belgian comics for a few years now, but I suppose you’re looking for things that can be acquired through legal channels.

thebobgoblin
Reply to  contrapangloss

Yeah, she’s thin and hourglass now, just like all the other hero women. The justification given being that the new reboot started all the characters out early in their careers. Waller has just “come in” from field work and taken a desk job as CO of the Suicide Squad; she’s still in her late 20s, maybe early 30s. I guess they’re trying to show that when she was young, Amanda Waller was lean and strong, and only got fat as she got older or more sedentary as an espionage desk jockey. Which wouldn’t be troublesome so much if she didn’t have the same body type as every other comic book woman.

I mean, not every lean and strong woman has an hourglass figure designed to appeal to fanboys.

RE: contrapangloss

Amanda Wallers is being downsized? But, but, but…

I KNOOOOOW AAAAAH.

RE: Karalora

This reminds me of my sister’s reimagining of Robin Hood in the Wild West, with a multi-ethnic Merry Men/Women.

That sounds pretty cool!

RE: Kakanian

OMG seconding Blacksad. Took me forever to get to reading it but it is GORGEOUS.

LBT

I guess Amanda Waller stopped relaxing her hair sometime in her late thirties… *eyeroll*

Skye
Skye

LBT, on the dude you’re arguing (well) with, why’s he putting scare quotes around the word “blacks”? I mean it’s bad enough for him to defend something he hasn’t read and the bit about Superman being a Nazi power fantasy is totally from some bizarre alternate reality, but is he saying blacks aren’t real or are simply a rhetorical point? I don’t get it.

Skye
Skye

Couldn’t Amanda Waller have still the same size even when she was in her twenties?

contrapangloss

Bobgoblin, in that first sketch her leg position seems highly impractical. Kind of an “I may shooting you full on, but I really have to go to the bathroom,” position.

Shadow
Shadow

That’s what really gets me about these guys. If this was a permanent replacement I could totally understand being pissed off/devastated, but this is clearly going to be a temporary run with Marvel most likely trying to create side runs and new series’.

@LBT

I was totally gonna suggest CCH Pounder based off her work as Mrs. Frederic. I had no idea she was the one doing the voicing on JLU! I haven’t encountered Amanda Waller in the comicverse, but I loved the slow revealing of her character in JLU.

thebobgoblin
Reply to  Skye

Skye, she comes from a Special Forces background. I honestly don’t think you’d find many active Special Forces people who are as plump as Waller was traditionally depicted as being, at least not while they’re actually doing Special Forces training and missions She may have been the size overall, but more muscular, though, and only have gotten “fat” with a more sedentary assignment.

But I don’t think the current artists and writers have paid much attention to what actual physically strong, combat-trained people look like, and have focused instead on fantasy archetypes that fanboys either want to fap to, or picture themselves as.

thebobgoblin
Reply to  contrapangloss

contrapangloss…. maybe they burst in on her while she was taking a pee?

Children of the Broccoli
Children of the Broccoli

I highly recommend Order of the Stick (giantitp.com). A diverse cast, kick-ass women, and D&D jokes galore.

RE: Skye

Frankly? He didn’t even look at the comic so he doubted black people were even IN IT. Even though it’s very easy to just Google the goddamn covers and see for yourself. He thought I was talking about HYPOTHETICAL black people, I guess.

And yeah, the Superman = Nazi thing just made me goggle. Seriously, the most cursory research into Superman will show him created by Jews, fighting Nazis and Klansmen… HOW IS HE A NAZI POWER FANTASY?

RE: Shadow

I had no idea she was the one doing the voicing on JLU!

Yes! Wasn’t she a great choice? Her voice is perfect. And honestly, I haven’t been able to read many of her comics appearances either, so I mostly know her from JLU. I think they did a great job of portraying her as ruthless and smart and forward-thinking, while still keeping her child-friendly.

Robert
Robert

LBT, good takedown of the intactivist. The Foreskin Man #3 was one I hadn’t seen – wow, Vulva Girl? He gets to be Man, she’s Girl? Color ME surprised.

It actually reminded me of an Die Antwoord video for their song, “Evil Boy”, which references the Xhosa circumcision ritual. Definitely NSFW.

pendraegon
pendraegon

@Children of the Broccoli Kazumi from OOTS has one the just plain funniest lines of all time.

pendraegon
pendraegon
LBT

What’s even weirder about the intactivist doofus is that he seems to be leaving me alone now that he thinks I’m an intactivist myself. It’s weird.

How the hell do you explain, “In theory, I agree with you, but you guys use so much racist misogynist drivel to support your theories that I find you absolutely repulsive?”

LBT

Your link’s busted, pendraegon. Extra ” at the end of the URL there.

Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Did one of Heartiste’s lackeys really just call Italians “wops?” What year is this again? 1930? As an Italian-American myself, don’t know whether I should be offended or just laugh at him. I guess a chunk of white nationalists still believe Italians aren’t white.

Karalora
Karalora

“Why should I care how many people I have to kill? I can just make MORE in my TUMMY!” is indeed the best line from anything, ever.

pendraegon
pendraegon

Blargh I fail. This should fix it.

pendraegon
pendraegon

Or not. I am with the giving up now. Really wish wordpress allowed you to preview a comment before posting.

Kakanian
Kakanian

[blockquote] I guess a chunk of white nationalists still believe Italians aren’t white.[/blockquote] I guess they’re still mad about that one catholic President too.

duckbunny

LBT: it’s always tricky trying to get across that you’re not on someone’s side, you’re on a different, unrelated, in fact mostly opposing side, that happens to be facing the same way right now. People like the with us/against us dichotomy.

Everything I know about comics comes from Big Bang Theory and a blog or two.

Oooh, Big Bang Theory is not a good source of information on nerd culture. Particularly since the primary thing they say about comics is “girls are never into them.”

And since we’re talking about superheroes and stuff, here is the buff guy that all the ladies love.

cloudiah

I knew that buff guy was going to be a kitten.

Robert
Robert

Duckbunny, good point. I once asked (in a different forum) if anyone had an idea why the Soviets under Stalin were viewed as less evil than the Nazis. Got a private message congratulating me on seeing through the anti-Nazi propaganda. Wait, what?!

I am still boggled at how very concerned some men are about circumcision, both pro and con. My ‘favorite’ argument is the ‘won’t the boy wonder why his penis doesn’t look like Dad’s’ one. I don’t think I ever really saw my father’s penis, and do not feel deprived in any way. But then again, I have very little interest in the appearance of penises in general – just weird that way, I suppose.

Children Of The Broccoli
Children Of The Broccoli

Yes, that was one of the best scenes in the comic. My other favorite was Haley’s, “Darn it! Now I have to go find someone to let capture me!”

And here’s a (hopefully working) link for Kazumi’s moment of awesome: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0587.html

RE: duckbunny

People like the with us/against us dichotomy.

Yeah, no kidding. Especially on tumblr.

RE: Robert

Funny. I never see that argument used on trans people. Gee, wonder why.

Kim
Kim

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

Pteryxx, I’d never heard of Amanda Waller either. I love that third picture of her … and I hate the way they’ve changed her into just another bog-standard sex object with their feckin feckin retcon.

katz – and here’s adorable buff hero all grown up.

(Now that’s a retcon I’d like to see.)

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

That whole “won’t he wonder why his penis looks different from Dad’s?” thing is so weird.

I never thought Penis Comparison was much of a thing in father-son relationships. Even if it was, hello, small child, adult (allegedly) man, they’re gonna look pretty damn different anyway.

And if Looking Different from Dad is such a trauma, how do all those kids cope whose hair or skin or eyes don’t look the same as their fathers’? Couldn’t possibly be that it’s Daddy obsessing about his dangly bits, could it, noooo …

OMG, cat Thor! I approve.

Skye
Skye

Thebobgoblin, I guess that makes sense. There’s just something about the sedentary = fat bit that seems sort of like “everyone can look like a super model if he/she/they just weren’t lazy. ”

How could I forget Order of the Stick?! Truly awesome.

Kittehserf, I’d totally read Thor cat

strivingally

Webcomics!

As I mentioned in another thread, I adore both El Goonish Shive and Questionable Content, which are both dealing with non-binary gender issues in a sensible way among much surreal shape-shifting, intelligent (and creepy perverted) robots, aleins and magic.

I’m also a big fan of Selkie, which is a great story about a single guy and his adopted daughter who is … not human. It’s a pretty great look at the struggles of being different, but fair warning, there’s some pretty intense depictions of bullying later in the run.

I used to like Queen of Wands but I’m less of a fan of Punch An’ Pie, by the same writer. And quite a few of my faves are now finished, sadly.

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

That Thor cat pic is by Jenny Parks. She does soooo many cool cat pics. Lots of superheroes!

weirwoodtreehugger

The penis lookalike thing doesn’t make sense. My dad isn’t circumcised but my brother is. Why is that?

Kakanian
Kakanian

>Even if a boy wonder did wonder why he looked different from batman, it’s not exactly hard concept to explain.

It’d be kind of hilarious to explain to a little kid why Batman, Superman and the rest of the men in these comics don’t look anything like regular people wearing beachwear “down there” more often than not. Opens up a whole mess of issues about what counts as permissionable modes of homoeroticism for heterosexual men in the US.

Tessa
Tessa

LBT:

Rapunzel’s Revenge by Patricia Hale. Reinvisions Rapunzel in a fantasy Wild West, with people of all colors and genders involved. Shotgun it with Tangled!

I recommend this too, but it’s Shannon Hale. And everybody should read her books. Her teen books, anyway.

I only know Amanda Waller from Arrow, so I had no idea she was ever anything other than standard woman bodytype in the comics.

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

Reminds me of a book on the history of comics I read around 1980 – it would have been a few years old then – that took time to snark at the heroes with their impossibly wide stances and conspicuously empty jocks. The snark was with a picture of Thor, as I remember! Well done, comic artists, you’ve been laughed at for a good generation or so now.

Karalora
Karalora

And even if it did come up, what’s so hard about saying “Your grandparents had the doctors do an operation on your dad when he was born, but we decided not to do that to you”? If the kid asks for more detail, give it to him. If it embarrasses you to talk about…tough nuts, being honest with your kid is more important. Admit that it’s embarrassing to you and bull through it. That’s how harmless things stop being embarrassing.

…she said, as someone who has no kids and probably never will have any.

Dvärghundspossen

Regarding Amanda Waller, btw, it doesn’t make sense to say that she’s gonna have an hourglass figure because she’s in great shape. Thin women who are super-fit do not have hourglass figures. I’m not saying it’s impossible to be fairly hour-glass-shaped; I had pretty much an hour-glass figure when I was younger, but I was really out of shape then. What I’m saying is, you’re not gonna look like an hourglass if you’re really FIT and strong in addition to being thin.
You just have to take a quick glance at female top athletes to see that; in most sports, a female top athlete will be thin, yes, but she will have a fairly straight-shaped body, with visible muscle but not much in the way of feminine curves.

In the comic book universe it’s obviously possible to be super-fit and look like an hourglass, since that’s the case with 99 % (if not more) of all female heroes… But it’s completely unrealistic. If Amanda Waller had been a fat super-fit special forces woman, it would not have been an iota less realistic than the supposedly super-fit hourglasses.

Dvärghundspossen

weirwoodtreehugger

Hourglass is just a body type. It has nothing to do with being in or out of shape. It’s the body type I’ve had since puberty and I’ve had lots of fluctuations in levels of fitness and weight. I was an athlete and I still had an hourglass figure. It’s genetics. Growing big breasts did set my diving back a bit and made it more difficult. That’s probably why the top athletes don’t have big boobs and curvy hips. You can be in really great shape and still not be the best because certain sports advantage certain body types and none of them advantage an hourglass figure.

Dvärghundspossen

Okay, I realize I was generalizing too much. Let’s put it like this, then: Boobs are mainly made of fat. It’s at least very uncommon to store loads of fat in your boobs, a little bit of fat on your hips and almost zero fat anywhere else on your body. Obviously people differ in where they store most fat, but storing loads of fat in one place whereas having extremely little body fat on the rest of your body has gotta be at the extreme end of the bell curve.

For most people, it’s the case that they won’t have big boobs unless they have some layer of body fat on, say, their arms and legs as well. Having some layer of body fat on your arms and legs will mean either that your arms and legs are thick, or that they are thin because your arm and leg muscles are tiny (i.e., you’re out of shape). It’s not that there’s anything wrong with having tiny arm and leg muscles, btw, physical exercises isn’t everyone’s cup of tea for a large variety of reasons, and people don’t have any moral obligation to work out. But for this reason, it’s really improbable to have loads of women running around who are supposed to be super fit, who are thin despite being physically strong (meaning they must have very little body fat overall), but they still have a bit of a curve to their hips plus huge boobs. Even if a few women really look like that because they’re genetically determined to store 75 % of their body fat in their boobs and 15 % on their hips and only 10 % spread out over the rest of their bodies, it’s super-improbable to have lots of women who look like that. So no one should claim that Amanda Waller was made to have that body type in the name of realism, or that realism means that she can’t be fat and in the special forces.

Kakanian
Kakanian

>In fairness to superhero comics, though, artists are over this whole “it would be embarrassing to draw a bulge, since that would indicate that our heroes have naughty bits” thing by now. In the 21th century, male superheroes clearly have genitals inside their tights.

Uh, you have to qualify that – US artists still seem to as good as never draw male genitals, the South-Eastern European artists currently employed regularily include them and for some reason they seem to be super-prevailant in the Ultimates Universe. It seems that there’s a certain cultural divide between the artists.

Wierdly stuffed pants were also pretty common with Liefeld and other artists back during the 80s-90s, but I don’t think we should classify those as genitals. They seem to be more of a subtype of pouches or jock straps.

There’s also the fact that the Ultimate universe is the one where heros really tend to be assholes to each other and to everyone around them, which makes it seem like the company’s trying to push some wierd sectarian agenda about male genitals as the root of all evil or something. Would probably make a worthy non-topic for MRAs to harass comic companies over.

Dvärghundspossen

Okay, stuff that I regularly read: A number of X-men titles, Guardians, and until about a year or two ago Action Comics, Firestorm and JLI. My collected impression is that male superheros nowadays have genitals, but I admit that I haven’t made a thorough survey of the entire field. 🙂

twincats
twincats

But I didn’t say I got my info about nerd culture from there, just info on comics which they seem to discuss fairly frequently. And accurately, too, if my nerd husband is any indicator. The female characters on the show got really into comics in at least one episode when the guys go to a sci-fi/fantasy convention out of town and the women decide to find out what their boyfriends see in comics. From what I can tell*, that’s never been revisited,
though 🙁

*I get quite a lot of BBT at my dad’s because he’s a big fan of the show. I spend a fair amount of time at his house because he doesn’t drive anymore.

twincats
twincats

Don’t know why I got an extra line in there.

Does this count as a block quote monster attack even though it didn’t happen in the actual blockquote?