a voice for men creepy MRA vaginas

Who designed A Voice for Men's new commemorative coins, Judy Chicago?

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at Fri, [Jul 11], 14 6

This is a picture of A Voice for Men’s new commemorative coin. No, really, they have a commemorative coin. It was designed by Peter Vinczer, father of A Voice for Men’s Attila Vinczer, possibly — I suspect — with the help of Judy Chicago. The coins cost $58.88, and will be issued in a first edition of 10,000.

In the comments to AVFM’s announcement, six people have proudly announced that they’ve purchased a coin. So get yours quickly, because there are only 9,994 left before the first edition runs out!

The only real question is what exactly is being depicted on the coin:

Is it:

1) An otter in a manhole

2) A man levitating a carrot over a milkshake

3) A vagina

4) A vagina

5) Come on, it’s obviously a vagina

ANSWER: I have no fucking clue. Seriously, I’ve been staring at this for like ten minutes and I have no idea what on earth this could be. What is the round thing? Why is there a tiny hand? If that thing above the circle thing is a raindrop or a teardrop or whatever, why is it upside-down? Why would AVFM issue a goddamn commemorative coin in the first place.

I do know one thing, though: If you can afford to waste $$58.88 on this piece of crap, you are not oppressed in any way. And you should probably have your right to vote stripped from you.

Just kidding about that last bit. You should still be allowed to vote even if you buy vagina coins from a dude named Attila.

serrana
serrana

I can’t unsee the upside down sperm jacking going up there. And obviously, Skeleton Handed Woman poked a heart-shaped hole in the condom because women are incapable of love.

Dvärghundspossen

I think what they MEANT to convey with the coin is a drop, though seemingly small and unpowerful causes a ripple effect (the most overused metaphor for cause and effect, yawn) The hand is an MHRAs hand starting the drop-in-the-water process. However they completely fucking failed because like David mentioned:
A: there is an obvious beaver in the water. Probably unintended, but clear as day.
B: the drop is backwards
C: the hand is awkwardly positioned, and so tiny!

So yeah, they generally suck at design, but it’s pretty telling that none of this obvious shit was corrected before actually creating THoUSANDS of coins: they are incapable of self critique. Can’t notice their errors. That’s my theory anyway.

That must be it! But I had NEVER EVER guessed it myself! It looks more like some big puddle of go, and then someone comes and curiously intends to touch the goo to see what kind of liquid it really is, but then the puddle turns out to be some kind of geyser and spits out a big goo-drop straight up into the air.

Puddleglum

To everyone who pointed out the dent/asshole in the middle, now all I can think of now is how awful it would be to handle this coin. Equally awful – MRAs fondling the coin. Ewww.

Ledasmom
Ledasmom

I kind of want to start a band called Obvious Beaver now; that is, I would if I had any musical talent expressible in positive numbers.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

@ledasmom You could also call them the Georgia O’Keefes.

Wow though. This coin is just awful. Or is it a medal?

I guess this is the best coin to commemorate their legacy. Confusing and lacking a clear message, but you’re sure the message is ugly.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

To be a troll is a special thing, but to be a Fedora’d Man is another thing entirely. This is a coin of great value. If the day comes when you must find me again, just give that coin to any man from Edmonton and say ‘b*tches ain’t shit”.

dikotome

I am a woman. I am a thinking woman. I subscribed to your blog a while before it became over the top popular. I made comments. They arent being posted? Why is that?

kittehserf MOD

Equally awful – MRAs fondling the coin. Ewww.

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cassandrakitty

I am a woman. I am a woman whose nym keeps changing. Why am I so pretentious? Only the meter knows.

kittehserf MOD

Why are you dropping random OT comments in different threads, Gretchen/dikotome? You haven’t any comments in moderation.

Also, over the top popular? You’re complaining about the blog being popular? I’ve been posting here for years and I don’t recognise you; are you claiming to be an old-timer cruelly shouldered aside by the new kids, or what?

kittehserf MOD

The meter of my patience is ticking down with this one.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Gretchen/dikotome mocked misogyny before mocking misogyny was cool, y’all.

Unimaginative

She’s a hipster and has to not like us anymore because we’ve gone mainstream? Um, have we gone mainstream? I have to admit, I’m not terribly edgy.

LBT
LBT

I don’t recognize her either, Kittehs, and I think I predate you.

Gretchen, everyone gets moderated at first. Everyone. If you were a regular, I’d expect you to know that.

Tracy
Tracy

*sigh* You’re all completely mistaken about what the coin represents. Allow me to set you all straight.

The big round blobby thing is a flattened princess cupcake. This is made obvious by the huge splotch of icing shooting from it. If you look closely, you can make out princess cupcake’s smooshed face.

The hand, of course, is the hand of one who has taken the red pill and, as such, smashed the matriarchy that so governs this world.

‘A Voice For Men’ isn’t centered because the shock waves given off by the cupcake-smooshing knocked it off kilter. I would think this is obvious.

Argenti Aertheri

I don’t recognize her either, but I’ve taken a months long hiatus twice now.

LBT — you predate kitteh, though I’m not sure by how much. Of those of us around currently (if my sense of “currently” is right and I’m not 3 hours behind again), I think Cassandra’s been here longest, but I have no idea who came first with her, Katz, cloudiah and pecunium.

Why am I behind? My pharm student is officially a pharmicist!! And my BF dumped me but still wants to be friends and will let me know what that means? Idk, I can grok monogamous people, right until they get involved with poly people and have a sex buddy on the side and still want one partner…*throws hands in air*

So! I guess for clarity and accuracy, they’re gettin initals! Pharm student is L, and my now ex maybe FWB idfk is R.

And I spent the day at an Italian, and Catholic, funeral (my mother’s 94 year old uncle) — with a priest I could barely understand and a bunch of relatives I barely know. At least both my aunts showed up so I wasn’t completely lost. I’ve had a busy few days in other words >.<

…Was that new person trying to assert her right to post by virtue of being a woman?

LBT:

I don’t recognize her either, Kittehs, and I think I predate you.

Yep, you do.

She didn’t even have any comments in moderation. Only two I’d seen were the ones here complaining about it.

Argenti Aertheri

Katz — that struck me as weird too, like we don’t have commenters who aren’t women…hell, like we don’t have well known, and respected, cis men around here. Pretty sure the only requirements are still “don’t be an ass, and like cats…the latter is optional but helpful”.

kittehserf MOD

Argenti – congrats to pharm student, and I’m sorry about the BF dumping you, or rather, what sounds like his reasons. Was he wanting you to be monogamous while he played poly? (I’m calling it played ‘cos it sounds awfully like the sort of stunt too many straight dudes seem to pull with that – only ever sauce for the gander, not for the goose.)

cassandrakitty

Maybe it’s just me, but when a new commenter comes in all “I am a WOMAN yes a woman and you should take my opinion very seriously because I am a WOMAN” my first assumption is that they’re probably not a woman. It would be like me entering a conversation going “I am a BRUNETTE yes my hair is brown and my opinion AS A BRUNETTE is…”

kittehserf MOD

Am I the only person hearing David Walliams saying “I’m a lady!” after that? (Disclaimer: I only watched a few eps of Little Britain, didn’t like most of it.)

cassandrakitty

A lot of dudes seem to assume that an open relationship means it will be open for them and not so open for the other person. That rarely works out well.

kittehserf MOD

I am a cat. I am a purring cat. I made my human subscribe to your blog a while before it became over the top popular. I left paw prints everywhere. They arent being posted? Why is that?

cassandrakitty

Just out of interest, if people keep changing their nym will that trigger new person moderation or is it going by the email address?

kittehserf MOD

I think it does trigger moderation. Adding MOD to my nym sent the first comment into moderation (very meta). But I checked the pending queue when I saw the first complaint, and there was nothing there. I don’t think anyone was online who could have approved it.

kittehserf MOD

That’s amusing. I just took a sticky at the spam queue, and it seems the bots have learned a new word – “fastidious” keeps cropping up.

Also, someone should tell their spambots that necroing threads is an even bigger waste of time than spamming generally.

Kim
Kim

I reckon it’s a condom with a hole in it and a woman’s hand reaching in to spermjack the condom wearer. The drip in the middle is, of course, liquid gold.

sadie6

Okay! Now that I looked at it long enough, it’s seriously an upside down eye with a tear and a hand (woman’s hand?) reaching over to wipe it away. If not i can’t imagine what else.

Argenti Aertheri

No no, he was fine with me seeing L still. Wasn’t used to not being primary, but had dated poly people before. TMI ALERT!! In part thanks to my trauma history, in part physics, sex didn’t work, so him seeking sex elsewhere was my idea. (And, hilariously, turns out she and i both came up on the other’s OKC matches with silly high match percent and were both intimidated by the other! No fucking CLUE where that’ll lead!))

It was all above board, no assholery involved. Not that men won’t pull that shit, but he didn’t.

As for his reasons for breaking up with me…I only sorta get it myself, but he hasn’t been an ass — when I said ok, I’d leave him alone if he didn’t want to see me anymore, he gave a quick “don’t do that”, I just don’t know where on the scale from serious relationship to just friends he’ll decide he wants to be. Idk if I can do just friends at this point, but yeah, we’re both being very nerd “gah I never do this, how do normal people break up?” about it.

kittehserf MOD

So he’s trying to sort out his feelings as much as anything else? Okay, that’s a relief. Pity it’s all got a bit messy, though. 🙁

Argenti Aertheri

Yeah, no assholery involved, just a messy mess. Otoh, L’s got a fancy new job and can afford to get us in the same state again finally, so idk. That was a bit “wait, you’ll pay for me to come to Pittsburgh to visit? WHEN?!?”

cassandrakitty

Would you want to move back to Pittsburg? Seemed like you liked living there a lot more than where you are now.

Ally S

Femitheist Divine left a comment? o_O Like we need more TERFs around here…::sigh::

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

I’m struck by the sheer weirdness of this comment. I mean, assuming the commenters here are all women? Gives away that you haven’t read the blog before, but not the most bizarre assumption that has been made about us. (Out of curiousity, what is the most bizarre assumption someone has made about the WHTM commenters?)

But assuming that the mods do not let through comments not made by a woman? I mean, how would you think we ascertained which comments were by women? We’re feminists, almost by definition (and certainly by the definition of feminism everyone here supports) we don’t think there’s any innate difference between women and men (and I’ll leave it up to more articulate people to discuss the sex & gender binary as a social construct). I don’t think even the most gender-essentialist feminist would argue that you can tell someone’s gender from their comment on a blog. Do you really think that every new commenter must state “hello I am definitely a woman and here is my opinion” before their comment is let through? Really?

And as for “thinking” women, I’m pretty sure you’ll find that the people who don’t believe others can think are known here as “trolls”. Everyone not a troll here believes women (and men, and non-binary people) can think, although sometimes we believe they choose not to, or that their thinking is illogical.

TL;DR Your comment makes exactly no sense and you should probably be concerned about that.

cassandrakitty

I’m a non-thinking woman. It’s not really me typing right now, it’s just that the cat won’t stop running over the keyboard.

Argenti Aertheri

Cassandra — Pittsburgh, with the H, they’re very proud of having kept the h when spelling standardization failed to work. And yes. If I get disability, and moving won’t fuck me over, I’m moving back there.

When you take a westbound train into Pittsburgh, you go through So Much Scenery, and then a tunnel. When you exit the tunnel, there it is, the point, and the city in all her glory. I fell in love the first time I exited that tunnel.

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

Also, a side note. I know David’s been accused of many things, but I don’t think “female”is one of them. I assume, since you used to subscribe here, that you would be aware that the author is male. That would mean that you would believe David would not be able to comment on his own blog.

I just. I am so confused. Can we keep this one?

cassandrakitty

David can only comment while wearing his cat disguise. It’s why he doesn’t comment that often – the paws make it a bit of a challenge.

Dvärghundspossen

I’m sorry that things are so messy for you, Argenti.

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

Wouldn’t that be David can only comment when out of his human disguise cassandrakitty? Or is he a bunch of cats in ferret disguises in a human disguise in a cat disguise?

cassandrakitty

This is why we, his kitten minions, comment for him. It’s just easier all around.

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

Phew. Sure sounds like it.

kittehserf MOD

Wait, wut? Where was that, Ally? Does she go by the nym Gretchen/dikotome as well?

Oh, geez, there’d have to be a few. Off the top of my head Mikey’s insistence that we’re all SPINSTERS!!!!!1!eleventy! would be a contender.

::snerk:: At least the first one. The trolls like Erin or wossname “watching bras in the laundry” give themselves away pretty quickly, but it usually more than just one comment to do it.

kittehserf MOD

(C’mon, did anyone really believe kitties wouldn’t be at the core of this? Ferrets are cute, yes, but it’s kitties all the way down.)

::nods:: Kitten paws are smaller.

Ally S

@kitteh

See this comment: https://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2014/07/12/who-designed-a-voice-for-mens-new-commemorative-coins-judy-chicago/comment-page-5/#comment-535176

Obviously nothing transmisogynistic in that comment, but the research I’ve done suggests that she is a TERF.

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

Thanks for the clarification kittehs! And, yeah men claiming to be women tend to give themselves away, but I don’t think anyone would go “yep I am 100% convinced you are not the gender you claim you are”. They’d just go “um your experience sounds pretty unrealistic”.

cassandrakitty

My favorite hilarious assumption was when Mikey called a commenter who was far as I know is still in high school a spinster.

kittehserf MOD

Oh, gotcha, Ally! I’d missed that one, I was thinking of Gretchen of the Strange Clown Necro Blech stuff. (If you haven’t looked at that, don’t.)

D’you think FD is for real, or out to troll MRAs? I’ve read very little about her.

wewereemergencies – yeah, it tends to be subtler than that! Like “this is setting my trolldar off, anyone else feel that?”

It’s easy to clarify with kitties. It’s always kitties, in all things, furever and ever, amencats.

cassandra – and he called quite a few married Mammotheers spinsters, too, including dudes, iirc.

I still think he’s in the lead for Troll of the Year. The only others with any staying power have been most likely the blog herpes. Even if they weren’t, I’d never vote for whinerbros trotting out the same old, same old as he did.

pallygirl
pallygirl

At this point I have to hand in my feminist card because I don’t like scented fucking candles. Unless they’re a very light vanilla scent. Otherwise, my hay fever plays up badly.