a voice for men creepy MRA vaginas

Who designed A Voice for Men's new commemorative coins, Judy Chicago?

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at Fri, [Jul 11], 14 6

This is a picture of A Voice for Men’s new commemorative coin. No, really, they have a commemorative coin. It was designed by Peter Vinczer, father of A Voice for Men’s Attila Vinczer, possibly — I suspect — with the help of Judy Chicago. The coins cost $58.88, and will be issued in a first edition of 10,000.

In the comments to AVFM’s announcement, six people have proudly announced that they’ve purchased a coin. So get yours quickly, because there are only 9,994 left before the first edition runs out!

The only real question is what exactly is being depicted on the coin:

Is it:

1) An otter in a manhole

2) A man levitating a carrot over a milkshake

3) A vagina

4) A vagina

5) Come on, it’s obviously a vagina

ANSWER: I have no fucking clue. Seriously, I’ve been staring at this for like ten minutes and I have no idea what on earth this could be. What is the round thing? Why is there a tiny hand? If that thing above the circle thing is a raindrop or a teardrop or whatever, why is it upside-down? Why would AVFM issue a goddamn commemorative coin in the first place.

I do know one thing, though: If you can afford to waste $$58.88 on this piece of crap, you are not oppressed in any way. And you should probably have your right to vote stripped from you.

Just kidding about that last bit. You should still be allowed to vote even if you buy vagina coins from a dude named Attila.

GrumpyOldMan
GrumpyOldMan

It looked like a cat’s face staring out of a pool (if you can imagine a cat calmly resting in a pool) — I took it as a sign that the Furrinati have infiltrated the MRA.

pallygirl
pallygirl

@bluecatbabe: my Cornish maternal grandfather used to wear Old Spice, so the smell brings back happy childhood memories for me. 🙂

weirwoodtreehugger

I wish the furrinati would infiltrate the MRAs. It would make them much better people. I don’t they even want to bother. Can you imagine the horrors of having an MRA for a human servant? I can’t imagine a cat willing to make that sacrifice and as much as I love dogs, they are too benevolent and don’t know how to keep difficult humans in line.

kittehserf MOD

GrumpyOldMan – it might be this sort of cat in water. In which case I can only say, MUAHAHAHAHAHA! If those Furrinati are onto them, they’re finished.

WatermelonSugar
WatermelonSugar

Oh, for the love of all things holy.

Off topic again.

Elam, inspired by a bizarre feud with journalist Bucky Turko, seems to be editing conference-related dates on all AVFM platforms. All ties of the conference to the 26th are being re-written.

(The short version of the story is AVFM accused BT of not attending the conference, just the WF workshop/press thing on the 26th, because apparently in MRA-land, press events for a conference have nothing to do with the conference.)

I don’t Internet much, so I don’t really know how to access archive stuff. Do any of you have screen caps/way back machine type stuff with the original material? I just can’t do that kind of sleuthing.

Catching Elam in such a redic thing would be wonderful, especially with his ongoing war on “yellow journalism” and misrepresenting facts.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

It’s a vagina, greedily spermjacking a masturbatory incel NiceGuy ™ in order to keep said miNG ™ from having the disposable income to waste on a commemorative coin even though the poor misandristed soul has never even had sex. Because MISANDRY!

Seriously, the wierd blob at the bottom is the evil feminist vagina, complete with creepy face, the drop is definitely stolen sperm, and the hand is the hand the miNG ™ used to masturbate. I think the phrase “A VOICE FOR MEN” means that they groan during masturbation, though I’m not certain.

Nitram

I think what they MEANT to convey with the coin is a drop, though seemingly small and unpowerful causes a ripple effect (the most overused metaphor for cause and effect, yawn) The hand is an MHRAs hand starting the drop-in-the-water process. However they completely fucking failed because like David mentioned:
A: there is an obvious beaver in the water. Probably unintended, but clear as day.
B: the drop is backwards
C: the hand is awkwardly positioned, and so tiny!

So yeah, they generally suck at design, but it’s pretty telling that none of this obvious shit was corrected before actually creating THoUSANDS of coins: they are incapable of self critique. Can’t notice their errors. That’s my theory anyway.

Nitram

Now if it were a honey badger coin, I would totally get it. A badger. In honey. And a tiny lady hand.

marinerachel

It does look like a pierced condom.

Nitram

That 2008-2014 suggests the movement only lasted that long. Like a headstone. But maybe that’s how coins work I don’t know. The movement is dead outta the water! Badum, tsshhh!

pallygirl
pallygirl

So MHRA stands for Men Hate Real Art. Who knew?

pallygirl, LOL!

Doesn’t surprise me, though. Is there anything but hate in their maggotty little brains?

Tessa
Tessa

Nitram:

B: the drop is backwards
C: the hand is awkwardly positioned, and so tiny!

About B, I think it’s supposed to be one of those projectile drops that happens when a drop hits the water hard enough that some water is knocked up into the air.

However, it’s still shaped poorly, and offers no other indication that it’s actually going upward. That’s just my speculation.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Other questions…

1) why is “A Voice For Men” off center at the top?
2) why is the bottom legend allcrammedtogetherwithnospaces?
3) aren’t anniversaries usually observed in increments of 5 years, not 6?
4) if this is a commemorative coin, what’s the denomination? otherwise, isn’t it really a commemorative medallion?
5) if actual coin, is it legal tender?
6) is it pure silver, or silver plate?
7) resale value to non-MHRA collectors: exactly zilch, especially if silver plate and having baffling, hideous design. It wouldn’t even be worth the trouble to refine. But maybe they can swap it for a can of lima beans when the fempocalypse arrives.

kirbywarp

I don’t know if someone linked this already, but here’s the text on the back of the coin from the announcement on the AVFM site.

Men’s Rights are Human Rights

Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.
~ Robert F. Kennedy

So yeah. The badly-rendered water is hope… I guess. Maybe the hand is throwing something in the water. Wow is that an ugly coin though.

@Tessa:

I think you got it right.

weirwoodtreehugger

Or they can give it to a ship captain and try saying “all women morghulis.” If the ship captain is also an MRA he’ll get free passage!

kittehserf MOD

I’ve just figured out the real silver content and probable origin of this *cough* coin *cough.

Hey, kirbywarp, hi! ::waves::

kirbywarp

Hi kittehserf! Long time no see! How’re things going around here?

kittehserf MOD

Pretty good! The Dark Lord’s made emilygoddess and me moderators, and everything’s rattling along pretty much as usual. There have been some strange trolls and a suspected return or three of the Blog Herpes, as well as one by Pell.

How’s everything with you? It’s good to see you on site again!

kirbywarp

Things are pretty good actually. Got my own place now, and I’m a rock climber! (read: I’ve gone climbing 4 times)

kirbywarp

I really should visit more. I kinda miss the trolls. Plus it seems some really weird stuff’s been going on with the AVFM thing and coin and debate.

kittehserf MOD

Whoot, two bits of good news!

Were they the first times you went rock climbing?

kirbywarp

I did top-roping at a summer camp back when I was a kid and I remember loving it. Now I’m tagging along with my brother. Luckily the place is very close by. I get to actually exercise now and climb things, win win!

pecunium

katz: Phttbbbbbb! The cadence is “sound-off”, it’s not just the rythm which is the same, but the pitch pattern.

kirbywarp, cool!

pecunium

And I need to spend the time transcribing. Good luck with your studies. Are you taking classes at PCC? If so is Dena still teaching?

Podkayne

I was curious about the Premier Canadian Mint and wanted to see if they had a website, so I googled. I found this: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Premier-Canadian-Mint/Newmarket-Ontario/The-Premier-Canadian-MintNot-Royal-Canadian-Mint-wrongfully-dismissed-me-as-an-employee-a-277037 but also this: http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/1450909-selfless-acts-of-kindness/ . Not planning to google more, though. There doesn’t seem to be an official website, at least not on my first page of results. I’m not trying to dig down on the issue, but I’m Canadian, and I’m starting to feel a bit worried with the number of vocal MRAs and MRA organizations that are apparently based in Canada. I’m trying to look these things up the chain more.

Fine, but the drop only stays that shape until it parts with the main body of water, at which point surface tension immediately makes it round.

Спасибо. Yes, I’m at PCC, but I don’t know if there is a Dena there; she is not teaching my class.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Yes. I agree with the others who think the coin depicts spermjacking. It looks like a condom being pierced. The tear? From the hypothetical male who is being spermjacked? Stupid shit.

Femitheist Divine

“What would go well on this circle? How about an oval!”

At least put in another shape; not the aesthetic that I’d aim for.

sn0rkmaiden

That really looks like an anus to me. Maybe the upside teardrop is supposed to be a suppository? In which case that hand is being pretty clumsy about administering it.

thewatchingdog
thewatchingdog

All this endless fundraising …what are they stockpiling cash for? there not spending it on men’s domestic violence shelters or somesuch…also this coin looks 3rd rate..words and water graphic are both off centered and really poorly done..as noted the hand sculpting is high school lvl…and “commemorative coins” are a TV guide lvl cheap money scam…this stinks of a cheap money grab.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

It’s an extension of the vending machine mindset with which they approach human relations. If they just throw enough money into the Paul Elam wishing well, feminism will magically disappear.

pallygirl
pallygirl

As I’ve said before, AVfM is a cargo cult.

kittehserf MOD

Oooh, maybe it’s the representation of our douchebag sexist racist shithead Prime Minister who once used the term “suppository of all wisdom”.

Nitram

Poor Robert Kennedy is rolling in his grave. Seriously so sick of bigots hijacking real civil rights’ language and harnessing the clout of real activists’ quotes to try and trick the public and even themselves into believing they are an oppressed group. Ick.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Wow, he could give Dan Quayle a run for his money in the dumbass politician contest.

kittehserf MOD

Oh, he’d win by a mile. He’s not only a dumbass, he’s scum – right up there in the Worst Prime Minister Ever tables, and he’s only been in office since September. This fucking asshole refers to refugees who’re desperate enough to want to commit suicide as moral blackmailers.

Ledasmom
Ledasmom

Are they sure they got the right Peter Vinczer, not just some guy who happened to be named Peter Vinczer?
What is bothering me almost as much as the crappy graphics is “A Voice For Men” not being centered across the top. It’s just butt(heh)-ugly. I have seen better design on a souvenir press-a-penny. This thing looks like it was built from bad clipart and a random whack with a hammer.

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

@ pallygirl – isn’t it weird about smells though? Old Spice smelt absolutely brilliant on my first ever boyfriend, and to me, to this very day, smells just wrong on everybody else.

Something I think smells even better is Bay Rum, but it does depend how you feel about cloves.

Hope you are thriving btw.

pallygirl
pallygirl

@bluecatbabe: thanks for the kind thoughts. And I do like the smell of cloves. 🙂

LBT
LBT

Kirbywarp has returned to us! Hi, kirby! *wavewave*

Hey LBT! *waves*

yutolia
yutolia

I agree with everybody who says it’s sperm-jacking, but to me it looks like a tampered-with diaphragm and not a condom. Still have no idea what the little hand is doing though…

Wow, maybe I should come up with some commemorative coins to sell to MRAs… they can support my lifestyle instead of Paul Elam’s!

I guess someone realized that there was probably a big overlap between AVFM dudes and goldbugs.

gorillaella

Do you think the heart shaped hole in the center of the cowpie is a bit of male whimsy, or the nose of a swimming otter

gorillaella

I have no idea what the deformed hand signifies.

Purple Poodlecat
Purple Poodlecat

@gorillaella: I’m with Ivy Shoots on this: it clearly has to be John the Otter, who is what passes for a leading light in the illustrious MHRM.

@kittehserf: Wow, that is scummy. I’ve heard plenty of bad stuff about Abbott, from the media and from friends in Australia, but that’s the worst so far.