a voice for men creepy MRA vaginas

Who designed A Voice for Men's new commemorative coins, Judy Chicago?

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at Fri, [Jul 11], 14 6

This is a picture of A Voice for Men’s new commemorative coin. No, really, they have a commemorative coin. It was designed by Peter Vinczer, father of A Voice for Men’s Attila Vinczer, possibly — I suspect — with the help of Judy Chicago. The coins cost $58.88, and will be issued in a first edition of 10,000.

In the comments to AVFM’s announcement, six people have proudly announced that they’ve purchased a coin. So get yours quickly, because there are only 9,994 left before the first edition runs out!

The only real question is what exactly is being depicted on the coin:

Is it:

1) An otter in a manhole

2) A man levitating a carrot over a milkshake

3) A vagina

4) A vagina

5) Come on, it’s obviously a vagina

ANSWER: I have no fucking clue. Seriously, I’ve been staring at this for like ten minutes and I have no idea what on earth this could be. What is the round thing? Why is there a tiny hand? If that thing above the circle thing is a raindrop or a teardrop or whatever, why is it upside-down? Why would AVFM issue a goddamn commemorative coin in the first place.

I do know one thing, though: If you can afford to waste $$58.88 on this piece of crap, you are not oppressed in any way. And you should probably have your right to vote stripped from you.

Just kidding about that last bit. You should still be allowed to vote even if you buy vagina coins from a dude named Attila.

SandyH
SandyH

A weeping butthole.

Pithy Pseudonym

An evil, evil spermjacking feminist about to pierce a diaphragm?

Hyena Girl

Angry pancake

Viscaria
Viscaria

No, but seriously? Commemorative coins? One sec let me call my dead grandfather.

sadie6

It looks like someone levitating a raindrop out of an anus.

Pithy Pseudonym

Mr. Yuk’s deathmask?

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

It looks like a surfacing/sinking beaver to me. There’s probably some symbolism in there somewhere, what with the hand and the tiny droplet too… but it’s best not to dwell on that.

cassandrakitty

Some sort of super mystical Masonic symbol hovering over a puddle of mud? We should totally add this to banknotes.

The super mystical symbol also kind of looks like the head of an X-files style alien. So perhaps this is telling us something about Paul Elam. The truth is out there, Woofy!

archaeoholmes

It looks like a single drop being expelled from a bumhole and someone’s hand being just too late to catch it

cassandrakitty

The hand is pretty weird looking too. I guess we can add “draw hands” to the long list of things MRAs can’t do right.

Kent Fisher (@profKDF)

I immediately assumed it a was a diaphragm with a hole poked in it, in the classic paranoid fantasy of males suspecting their female partners of contraceptive-duggery.

Ken L.

The funniest part is we all know exactly what it is, but the MRM is to stupid to know they designed it wrong. I seem to recall one of their talking asses mentioning a ripple effect. Drop of water in a pond and all that. Here is the thing a drop is bulbous on the end going down and tapers to the place it started. So either they went for some very interpretive thing which less face is beyond them or they are just idiots. I go with idiots. With the dates at the bottom is it to much to hope AFVM is dead?

Kent Fisher (@profKDF)

And the hand is no doubt futilely trying to block the escaping drop of semen.

grumpycatisagirl

“MHRA 2008-2014.” Does that mean that “MHRA” is over in 2014? Good.

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

Why do the reflections on the Strange Thing make it look like a Strange Smiley Face?

Ewww.

Also, why is the drop going the wrong way?

cassandrakitty

Also are they suggesting that their movement started in 2008? Warren Farrel is going to be mighty pissed about that.

archaeoholmes

I hate avfm, but the more I look at that earnest, yet shit, design, the sadder for them it makes me feel.

Sir Bodsworth Ruggleby III
Sir Bodsworth Ruggleby III

Symbolic representation of a hand applying hemorrhoid ointment to the appropriate place?

cassandrakitty

I can’t unsee the suggestion that it’s a butthole now, my only question is why the, um, opening? Is heart shaped.

(And you thought shaving your pubes into a decorative shape was high maintenance.)

Sir Bodsworth Ruggleby III
Sir Bodsworth Ruggleby III

@ Cassandrakitty – I’m just glad they’re claiming it ends in 2014

Gary T
Gary T

Have to admit, that thing is subject to amusing interpretations.
I am coming to this really not knowing what it is, but my guess is, as Ken L. says, it is supposed to be a drop of water falling into a pond, producing ripples. And yes, the freekin drop is upsidedown. Unless it is supposed to be coming out of the pond, but that doesn’t make much sense either.
I am not a coinsmith, but come on, physics?

marinerachel
marinerachel

Can we have a commemorative coin?

That’s the most self-righteous thing I’ve ever seen.

Tigerbos
Tigerbos

Clearly it’s a woman’s hand puncturing a man’s condom with a sharp teardrop object so she can highjack his sperm. Cannot believe you can’t see that 🙂 lol

leftwingfox

Years ago as a teenager, I found a brass coin in the gutter. It featured a topless woman from the waist up on one side, with the motto “Heads I Win. The other side, had the woman’s nude bottom and the logo “tails you lose”

It’s a far more honest design for AVFM, and can be purchased for about a buck on ebay.

marinerachel
marinerachel

I think it’s the ocean of white man tears and the actions of MRAs (the hand) are resulting in those tears being evaporated, one at a time.

If they think that’s what a vagina looks like, well, yoiks.

bunnybunny
bunnybunny

The funniest part is we all know exactly what it is

We do?

Sir Bodsworth Ruggleby III
Sir Bodsworth Ruggleby III

Oh! It’s Elam throwing his financial records in a pond before the IRS auditors get to him!

Ken L.

I can see they commercial now: ” Coin collectors… Male coin collectors and the woman who love you. You have the fifty state quarters, you have the double eagle, the 9/11 coin, etc.
But do you have a coin commemorating the long six year struggle of men? No, well you can now. For just 58.88, you can commemorate all those blisters from re-typing the same stupid arguments over and over, the chapped lips from kissing Erin Pizzey and Warren Farrell’s asses, and all the cuts from those boxer cutter wielding harpies. Just make your check out to Paul Elam. No when won’t say the price again just send it blank you can trust us, act now or your a Feminist.”

cassandrakitty

Which would make the floating teardrop thingy the all-seeing eye of the auditory, who WILL find whatever it is you’re trying to hide.

Ken L.

@bunnybunny

I should have said we would.

marinerachel
marinerachel

It does look like a rolled up condom.

cassandrakitty

The more I look at the hand the more it looks like some sort of mutant waxed version of Cousin It.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@Sir Bodsworth Ruggleby III

You win the internet for that one. I giggled so hard I have tears in my eyes.

cloudiah

This is the one and only time I want Woody to appear, because I think he is the only person who would understand the coin.

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

LOL!

DJG
DJG

The Hand of Reason has called a drop out of the pool? (Wrong, I know; far too Lady of the Lake.)

I’ll join with those who are just glad they’re seeming to put this year as their end date.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

Now I’m seeing a squashed fedora.

cloudiah

And why $58.88? That is such an oddly specific price.

Ken L.

I take it back, archaeoholmes is right, it’s an anus crying a tear. It is the perfect symbol for the MRM.

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

No, I’ve just realised what it is! The hand is the hand of God, as in Michelangelo’s Creation of Adam. Except that this is God waving his hand over the void and creating the first spooge.

cassandrakitty

Maybe it’s a numerology thing? 8 is good luck, especially when it comes to money, so 3 8s in a row means “please keep paying Paul’s rent for him by purchasing this coin”.

athyco

But this single image of a water drop frozen in time does say so much!

Along with the MGTOW symbolism in that single (obviously smaller than the implied original) drop bravely straining to avoid drowning in the birth-watery grave of feminized society, there is also the ripple effect. How far reaching, from even a single drop! How egalitarian in its concentric scope! And that last little drop that still must fall will set off yet another ripple! How seminal to the future A Voice for Men will be!

The hand at top right (maybe shaking off a cramp after a wank?) is drawn poorly to show that–no matter how misshapen by injustices and injuries–there is still power to deliver a drop, a splatter, perhaps even a stream, to cause more and more ripples. The resemblance of the concentric circles to a used condom could also show an important goal: the power of the change remaining solely for men in the ability to deny women access to liquid gold.

Oh crap, the Molyneux thread really affected me.

cloudiah

Okay, I had to go see what they were saying about the coin:

There was obviously a great deal happening at AVFM’s First International Conference on Men’s Issues. Unfortunately, some great efforts by some really remarkable individuals did not quite get the attention they deserved.

One of those efforts was the commemorative coin designed by Peter Vinczer, the father of our very own Attila Vinczer. For those not already familiar, Peter Vinczer is not a dabbler in advertising novelties. He is a world class jeweler and minter, widely recognized as a master artisan in his trade. He donated his talents to design the AVFM coin which was minted and is now available through son Attila’s business, the Premier Canadian Mint.

Each coin is 1 ounce of .999 fine silver, and commemorates the years from which AVFM was founded and up to the point of the First International Conference on Men’s Issues.

Elam and Vinczer have teamed up to profit off their loyal sycophants! How human rights!

You can click on the image here to see it full size. The print on the reverse is not easy to read in the image provided, but reads as follows:

Men’s Rights are Human Rights

Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.
~ Robert F. Kennedy

Regardless of personal politics, this great quote is so fitting for our work here at AVFM, and the imagery provided by Peter Vinczer artfully depicts that sentiment that will resonate for lifetimes.

Part of the proceeds from sales of this coin will be donated to A Voice for Men, and the first 100 purchases will receive a signed certificate by the mint master sequentially numbered and with the person’s name on the certificate. Shipping costs will vary depending on destination.

Get yours now while they are available.

So that’s Robert F. Kennedy’s ghostly hand applying unguent to the hopeful, rippling anus-heart of the MHRM? Seems a tiny bit disrespectful. But I don’t want to come off as judgmental.

BTW, some AVfMenners aren’t feeling fleeced enough! There have been calls to mint a version in gold, so that they can give even more money to Vinczer/Elam.

athorist

@Ken L.: actually, water drops are completely spherical (because of surface tension? I don’t really consider to actually have knowledge if I just saw it on QI.). So they’ve even got wrong the thing that’s already wrong.

It look like an anus to me too, but on closer inspection I got the ripples. Or perhaps they were going for ‘a drop in an ocean’, although that’s probably too self-aware.

safer midwifery utah

it looks like semen being ejected from a cervix

Lea
Lea

Lindy West called it.
It’s a leaky butt hole.

WatermelonSugar
WatermelonSugar

Folks, AVFM is an all-voulenteer organization, and they can’t design every coin well.

weirwoodtreehugger

~ Robert F. Kennedy

Somehow I don’t think RFK was talking about the oppression of feminists existing on the internet and the injustice of the sad boners of privileged white man.

I am not at all shocked that the proceeds go in the pockets of Elam and Attila (wtf is with that name?) instead of towards something that might actually be helpful to men. Like a suicide prevention org or something.

I saw it as a single anguished male tear being extracted by the evil feminist pool of lady privilege but a leaky butthole works too!

Unimaginative

But in numerology, you add up all the individual digits, and then you do the same to the sum, until you get a single-digit number.

So 5 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 29, which is 11, which is 2.

According to numerology.com, 2 is “the most feminine among all numbers.” So, really, the mystery deepens. Is world class jeweller and minter Peter Vinczer really a feminist plant?

1 2 3 8