Uncategorized

The Tiny Kitten Comment on YouTube: My Explanation

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at Thu, [Jul 10], 14 3

Now, I admit this looks bad. It looks like I was trying to pretend to be an adorable tiny kitten posting a comment praising my video, and that I screwed up and posted it from the wrong account, revealing that it was actually me posting the comment and not a tiny kitten at all.

Well, nothing could be further from the truth. I was not pretending to be a tiny kitten. I am a tiny kitten. And I like watching my own videos more than I like playing with laser pointers. (But not more than playing with wand toys. I mean, those things are AMAZING.)

Ooh, what was that?

OMFG, BIRD!! BIRD OUTSIDE THE WINDOW!!

Do you guys SEE THIS??!

Oh, flew away.

Time to lick myself I guess.

Trae Dorn

Okay, that was genuinely funny

Puddleglum

I won’t believe this until I also hear from the ferrets.

maistrechat

I’m trying to keep track: we are all now you, a collection of cats in a human suit that is inside a tiny kitten suit?

Or is it a tiny kitten in a “collection of cats in a human suit” suit?

magnesium
magnesium

I. Knew. It.

Kootiepatra
Kootiepatra

…So, if we’re all David, does that mean we’re all tiny kittens too?

serrana
serrana

It’s kittens all the way down.

bunnybunny
bunnybunny

HOWEVER, despite all of this I feel like I have learned pretty much nothing so far from everything that has happened in my life.

Hahaha. Pets. Yeah.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

I lol’d.

Semi-relevant.

cloudiah

Adorable tiny kittens should write a greater percentage of YouTube comments. Then they wouldn’t be such a cesspool.

brooked

So this isn’t a comment on your own 62 minute long “The Truth About Toy Mice” video?

breadandrosesblogger

Hold on, this appears to be a genuine quote from a cat. Dave forgot the quotation marks. Dammmit, man…

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

Very entertaining! But today doesn’t look like a semi-vacation day to me.

weirwoodtreehugger

I secure video footage of the tiny kitten. It’s totally real guys!

tiko72
tiko72

This is mocking at it’s finest.

Also I thought David was on vacation.Four posts in one day,guess I’ll have to delay that early night again.

Real Life Internet Joke
Real Life Internet Joke

I love this. You totally kinda ruined commentator reliability for me but i really enjoyed this a lot more and want to keep this joke going forever. Being an attractive internet person, I understand what is like to be seen as nothing more than an eternal running gag, I also know what it is like when a joke will remain “funny” “forever” “and ever.” HOWEVER, despite all of this I feel like I have learned that the things MRA’s spew are horrifying and idiotic for people with lives. Thank you so much for posting this. Honestly I want to keep making this joke all day, and I look to people like MRA’s to keep giving us gifts of comedy like this. THANKS SO MUCH.

Erica B
Erica B

It’s funny because the faux pas being mocked here is a comment that I’ve seen word for word on another site in response to the Hobby Lobby ruling, but for the life of me I can’t find it. I really wanted to go back and point out that the comment was a cut and paste job from Stefan…Has anybody else seen it by any chance, it was probably either right wing watch or daily kos…argh!

Argenti Aertheri

I love this. You kinda totally ruined tubifex forever, but that’s ok, I still have bloodworms and shrimp. As an adorable tiny fish, I know what’s it’s like to be seen as nothing more than an entertaining creature to harass. I also know what’s it’s like to use that to my “advantage” to “beg for shrimp” from my human. HOWEVER, despite all this I feel like I’ve learned nothing from my life so far. Thank you so much for posting this! Honestly, now I want a clam, and I look to people like you to provide clams. THANKS SO MUCH!

— signed “Puff”

Who I now owe a clam! (But not tubifex, he hates those things.)

Lea
Lea

Well played, sir. Well played.

Robert Ramirez
Robert Ramirez

S.M’s fanboys are now saying he was merely repost a comment but refuse to give the sources of that comment, they are probably going to say it was accidentally deleted. I’ll bet anyone $2.31 that is exactly what the spin is going to be from S.M.

Alice Sanguinaria

I laughed.

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

Of course David’s an adorable tiny kitten! Did anyone think the grand co-ordinator of all things misandrist could be anything else?

me and not you
me and not you

KItten Inception! We’re all kittens with kittens

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

BIRD!!!

Argenti Aertheri

No I’m a fish!! You kitties come over here so I can stalk your ears!

Dvärghundspossen

I love this. You totally kinda ruined lying in mum’s lap in front of the computer for me, what with her laughing and nearly shaking me off, but i really enjoyed this a lot more and want to bark and bark and bark in sheer joy. Being a little fluffy toy dog, I understand what it is like to be seen as nothing more than a harmless piece of fluff until I open my mouth and bark your ears off, and I also know what it is like to be king of the yard and chase away the postman. HOWEVER, despite all of this I feel like I have learned that chasing a laser pointer around can be really fun AS WELL. Thank you so much for posting this. Honestly, I feel like I want to combine these two pastimes, and chase a postman holding a laser pointer while barking my head off. THANKS SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS IDEA.

kittehserf MOD
kittehserf MOD

Dvarg, LOL!

schwadevivre
schwadevivre

Hedgehogs for the win!

An aside, my sigoth and I have a new euphemism to describe our sinful exploits – a hedgehog eating a carrot from this video

daintydougal
daintydougal

Don’t hedgehogs eat worms and slugs and other squishy things? A carrot is pretty hardcore for a hedgehog!

Also I think it’s fairly obvious that this is actually a really real comment from an actual tiny kitten. Like, c’mon guys. Obviously David just moved the comment from elsewhere, to suggest otherwise just means you’re some kind of ideologogist.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I kind of want to do this for a hobby now. Maybe I’ll have an account for a sweet little puppy, too. “Great video, very informative. Needed more squirrels, though.”

yutolia
yutolia

This is awesome. I love it!!!

The Chartreuse Vegan Capsule
The Chartreuse Vegan Capsule

I scrolled through the comments under Molyneux’s video where he posted that and I haven’t seen an explanation from him. Maybe he’s hoping by not saying anything everyone will just forget about it? I mean, deleting it would look bad and give him away even more.

The Chartreuse Vegan Capsule
The Chartreuse Vegan Capsule

“Ok, this is a little embarrassing, but I would like to offer my explanation of this comment that was posted on my most recent video about Stefan Molyneux:”

Just checked it out. Moly says, “We have this problem called violence and we’ve got science which says where it comes from, which is basically the first couple of years of a child’s life.”

Really? What “science” says that?

kittehserf

Vagina dentata and spines?

Ow.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

Maybe he’s hoping by not saying anything everyone will just forget about it?

Funny. I have the same theory about you.

kittehserf

Funny. I have the same theory about you.

Seconded while snickering.

I’m pleased to say that 1) PZ Myers has a post up laughing at Stefail Molyneaux and 2) one of the commenters linked to this post. Kitties rule!