men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA whores

Dean Esmay's Secret Plan to Fight Sexism by Calling Everyone a Whore

Let’s say that you’re the “Managing Editor” of a website known far and wide for calling women “whores,” as well as an assortment of other 4- and 5-letter words generally considered crude sexist slurs. Let’s just say that you had a convention, and that during this convention your official spokeswoman went on a bit of a name calling rampage on Twitter, repeatedly attacking a woman who had tried to report on said convention as an “attention whore,” a “fame whore,” and a “little whore,” and offering similar “whore”-based assessments to other critics of the site.

And let’s just say that despite all this you also had a desire to convince the world that your site was not actually the misogynistic cesspit that it so obviously is. Would you:

1) Apologize for using the words “whore” and “bitch” and “c*nt” and other similar sexist epithets against women.

2) In your capacity as editor, quietly remove the word “whore” (and “bitch” and “c*nt”) from future postings on the site, and tell your PR maven to maybe come up with a less misogynistic insult of choice.

3) Start calling men whores so that no one can accuse you of hating women because, see we use “whore” to refer to men too!

The answer, of course, is 3 — at least if you’re Dean Esmay, “Managing Editor” of A Voice for Men. In a recent comment thread on AVFM, he declared:

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at Tue, [Jul 8], 14 5

CONFIDENTIAL TO D— E—-: No one is buying your bullshit. Also, if you want to try to convince the world that you’re a Friend of Sex Workers, you should probably stop using the word “whore” as an insult for women or men.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Kid, you’re getting over your head here. You can keep claiming that asking a girl out for coffee can get you expelled, but no one here is stupid enough to believe that.
In fact, based on the tizzy you’re working yourself into, I’m going to suggest you stay away from caffeine for the next 48 hours.

sebhai
sebhai

“Ergo, I can be expelled/jailed for asking a girl out of a date even once. And because I can’t mind-read, I have no way of knowing whether or not it was wanted in advance.”

Which school actually do this,can you prove it?

fromafar2013

@ bittersteel

You were a feminist once? Not based on your current knowledge level.

Your turning point was when straw feminists outlawed paternity tests to cuckold beta males?

You use phrases like ‘alpha thugs’.

All feminists do is complain about men on the internet…

So, you’re a Poe then? Okay. Good to know.

sebhai
sebhai

“I also read about how feminist groups had paternity tests banned in the France and Australia so that they could cuckold the hardworking beta men and force them to take care of some alpha thug’s children”
Do you mind providing the articles?

weirwoodtreehugger

Title VII, not title IX you dumbfuck.

Where does it say that asking a person out on a date is harassment. It’s harassment if you keep asking after a no. If that occurs, it is up to the employer to take action. If the employer fails to take action, the victim can sue the employer. Nowhere does it say you can go to jail if you ask someone on a date.

Try a little harder to do logic.

maistrechat
Reply to  bittersteel

to BS:

I understand what you mean now – you’re referring to Title VII, not Title IX, and apparently have neglected the fact that to be considered harassment the conduct has to be “pervasive and unwelcome”.

to everyone else

Considering the terminology above (“cuckold” “thug”) this person can’t be sincere

To put it another way, why is it a good thing that your children be genetically related to you? This is an honest question.

Kate
Kate

“A date is a sexual advance”, umm… I think that you may be doing dating wrong… a date is an opportunity to get to know someone to see if you have things in common and to see if it could lead to future dates. Agreeing to a date isn’t agreeing to a sexual advance or sexual relations.

You’re extrapolating to a life in prison with no career from a faulty premise.

piratejennie

@bluesteel

This hardly seems worth it but ableist language is not accepted on this blog.

Please do not use terms like insane or diagnose mental illness simply based on observation.

weirwoodtreehugger

Considering how many US universities and college are under investigation for ignoring rape, I have a really hard time believing male students are being expelled all over the place for asking a female student out.

damselindetech

I’m a feminist and my fingernails are made of Twizzlers and I keep cold cuts in my underpants.

*waits patiently for all of feminism to come around*

Pithy Pseudonym
Pithy Pseudonym

I think bittersteel is fast approaching the “not even wrong” stage…

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

Bitternuts has “never seen, ever” in his exceedingly long and varied life, an example of a man calling a woman “slut”.

And none of his truly excellent women friends – of whom he has positively legions – has ever mentioned to him that it has happened to them (even though he concedes that might be because he just won’t let the conversation ever get around to anything personal cos he just doesn’t care. What a truly excellent friend he must be).

THEREFORE: it can’t have happened, ever, not once, to anyone.

Doh!

The logic dazzles.

piratejennie

Agreeing with WWTH and others about this one being for real.

This is also smelling a bit of socks since we just had an “I used to be a feminist” ranter on not too long ago.

fromafar2013

I keep cold cuts in my underpants.

I thought I was the only one!!! XD

Kate
Kate

“It was also interesting that around that time, I actually figured out how to make friends and as I observed people instead of just reading about women complaining about men on the internet, I realized just exactly how wrong they were.”

On this blog alone I have seen discussions of blocking/felting knit objects, cooking all kinds of marvelous foods, kittens galore, hikes, international travels, mental and physical ailments and potential treatments, etc. And that’s on a blog that’s aimed at mocking misogyny. I’ve seen similar on pretty much any other widely commented feminist blog I can think of. What sites were you reading where the commentariate spent their time complaining about men? All the blogs I’ve been to are people talking about their lives.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I could get behind this vision. Is there a specific brand of cold cuts that must be used?

piratejennie

Yoiks, sorry for the name glitch in the earlier comment. Not enough coffee, too many random associations.

bittersteel

“Your just a misogynist, we got it. Your posts are ridulous and paranoid. You’re co-opting women and minority issues to put yourself at the center of the universe. Put the coffee down, man.”

I don’t do drugs. Caffeine is a drug.

Also, I’m not “co-opting” minority issues. I AM a minority and I’ve been bullied quite a bit throughout my life for that, especially since I live in a mostly-white community. I’ve been harassed by the TSA when I go to airports. I’ve been looked at suspiciously when I go to places mostly frequented by white people. I’ve been called quite a few racist names. I’ve come home crying because people said I’m not really American and then when I tell my parents about it they say that I don’t have any ties to the country they were born in, so I’m not from there either. Do you have any idea what that feels like? Being told by literally everyone that you don’t belong?

I’m also a nerd, so I’ve been made fun of for that too.

When I was in high school, I was elected to homecoming court. And I had no idea why, because I was never popular, so I was really happy at first. Then I found out that it was because people thought it would be funny to make a short, minority nerd go to homecoming and hold a girl’s hand because he never was interested in doing that otherwise and because he really didn’t talk to people. I only found out because I was on the bus and I heard a younger girl (white) laughing about as she told one of her middle school friends. And for the next month I had to pretend that I was totally oblivious to what was going on. And I couldn’t back out of going because I couldn’t tell my parents because they were so proud and they somehow took that to mean that I was popular after all.

You guys are the ones who appropriate my struggles for your own benefit. Which is really funny because the vast majority of the people doing these things to me were white women (and sometimes white men and African American women). I think you do it for the almighty dollar. If you appropriate our struggles for your own struggles, you can take the money that you claim will be used to help us and use it for your own benefit. We’re not dumb though. Even non-white feminists know this. That’s why they invented #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen and #NotYourAsianSidekick.

And you dare tell me that I’m appropriating your struggles and making them mine because I’m evil and hateful. As if you own them and you know what it’s like to be me. Wow.

cloudiah

Anyone want to propose a mod challenge just for bittersteel?

Pithy Pseudonym
Pithy Pseudonym

Sock, Poe, or None Of The Above, I’m hoping he sticks around long enough to give us an example of a college guy being expelled for asking someone out on a date.

damselindetech

Only organic, free-range, non-GMO, antibiotic and hormone-free cold-cuts will suffice. SO SAY WE ALL.

bittersteel

“All feminists do is complain about men on the internet…”

No, that’s not what I said. I said that all I did was go online and read about women talking about men/complaining about them. So I thought that’s what the world was like. That was before I went out and interacted with people and observed them. If feminists only complained about men on the internet, I really wouldn’t bother with them. But they do a lot more than that. They get paternity tests banned, for example.

piratejennie

Can I do Red Vines & Tofurky Deli Slices instead?

Pithy Pseudonym
Pithy Pseudonym

Probably too open ended to be a proper Mod Challenge, but how about, “Compare and contrast Titles VII and IX.”

Kate
Kate

“I think you do it for the almighty dollar. If you appropriate our struggles for your own struggles, you can take the money that you claim will be used to help us and use it for your own benefit.”

What money? From where? This is an honest question, what are you talking about??

damselindetech

Also, I’m pretty sure NAMRAALT is playing Mad Games or BINGO

damselindetech

Can I do Red Vines & Tofurky Deli Slices instead?

Your request will be submitted to the committee and you will receive a written response in 10-180 business days.

Kate
Kate

possible mod challenge: provide links to back up the claims made about WHTM shaming men based on quantity (or lack thereof) of sexual encounters?

bittersteel

“This hardly seems worth it but ableist language is not accepted on this blog.”

I apologize. Ableism is something that I still struggle with. I honestly didn’t mean to offend anybody with that part. I was just really upset. If anybody was offended, I’d be happy to talk to you more so that I can understand your perspective on this because it honestly is something new to me.

“why does it matter if the children you are taking care of happen to have come from somebody else’s genetic material? I have never understood this point. It’s a child, not some object.”

Um, because 1. as an organism I have a biological drive to pass on my own genes and 2. I have no desire to work extremely hard my entire life purely for the benefit of others if I’m not getting anything out of it at all. How on Earth is that fair? Like, right now I’m studying for a demanding career and it takes up a lot of my time. I don’t get to do all of the fun things that other people get to do. And those same people believe that after all that hard work, I should fund them so that they can continue having that lifestyle. They think I owe it to them and that I shouldn’t get any benefits out of my hard work. And that’s not fair at all. I don’t think that having a child that is related to you is a positive right in the sense that society has to give it to me. But I do think that I should be allowed to decide if I want to spend all of my hard earned money purely for the benefit of someone else, especially someone who thinks that I’m a slave/scum and despises me so much that they would cheat on me and use me. No thanks. I’m a human being too.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Also, I’m pretty sure NAMRAALT is playing Mad Games or BINGO

I opened up a troll bingo card a few minutes ago and started filling it with bittersteel’s talking points. I’ve got four so far – not bad.

Damn, I’ll have to go to Whole Foods tonight. Anything for feminism!

Shiraz
Shiraz

Once again, the nerd rage is there. Nerd equals mainstream now, kiddo.

Christ, try harder. Your song and dance routine has been done before.

sebhai
sebhai

@bittersteel

So I guess based on your experience?
You feel qualified to talk about the evil of feminism,or the evil of white women?
So let’s just said that all white women are evil,that immediately proves that your opinion on feminism that it is just to victimized men is absolutely right?
So where does that put us non-white feminists?
I’m not white you know,so you sincerely believes if I proclaimed myself as a feminist,you would said I am not the right kind of feminists?
Again I would want to questioned your stance on feminism,is it because of the way you have been treated by white women or what you actually read on internet?
Oh believe me I too have been treated worse by some white women and white men,but most of these people are liberals but it still won’t change my allegiance towards liberal values…
By the way I need to hear if there is a school out there that expelled a guy for asking a woman out,you don’t need to tell your life story.I certainly don’t expect you to hear mine or any of the women here..
Besides you still can’t refute our points

fromafar2013

@ bittersteel

Dude, racists fucking suck. Racism is terrible and a huge problem, especially in ‘Murica, land of ironic xenophobia.

But the fact that racist people have been shitty to you does not give you a free pass to be a misogynist. This shit intersects. That’s why the current wave of feminism is all about intersectionality.

You think reinforcing the status quo helps? No. Feminists are hoping to dismantle the systems of oppression that affect all people, and while the focus is on patriarchy, it affects other oppression too. And feminism is not a monolith impervious to critique. You pointed out that the criticisms of it were coming from OTHER FEMINISTS.

You act like Womanists don’t exist, or that all feminists are rich upper class white women who don’t do feminism right.

What are you trying to prove?

bittersteel

“And none of his truly excellent women friends – of whom he has positively legions – has ever mentioned to him that it has happened to them (even though he concedes that might be because he just won’t let the conversation ever get around to anything personal cos he just doesn’t care. What a truly excellent friend he must be)”

We talk about other personal things. I don’t like talking about romantic lives because sex makes me uncomfortable and I don’t want to get upset. And most of them allow me to steer the conversation to something else if the topic over comes up.

Also guys, just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean that I’m a troll. And I’m not defending Dean Esmay at all, in case that isn’t clear. Dean Esmay doesn’t mean anything to me and neither does Paul Elam. Sometimes they’re way too inflammatory/stupid in the way that they discuss things and I wish that someone with more social awareness was running the movement. But the central message that they have is absolutely correct and it’s something that I believe in.

damselindetech

For starters, you’ve stated yourself that you are not dating, so you’re safe. But also, what you’ve described, ” I do think that I should be allowed to decide if I want to spend all of my hard earned money purely for the benefit of someone else, especially someone who thinks that I’m a slave/scum and despises me so much that they would cheat on me and use me” is an abusive relationship, which I wouldn’t advocate anyone willingly enter into.

Long story short, 1) women are individuals and people, 2) should you decide to try dating, you should be looking for a partner who shares your values and is nice to you and doesn’t treat you like a slave/scum.

fromafar2013

“This hardly seems worth it but ableist language is not accepted on this blog.”

I apologize. Ableism is something that I still struggle with.

Wha-what? Oh. Cool.

That is a good apology.

bittersteel

“Didn’t we just have a troll who claimed to be a “minority” for being a white man living in a neighborhood of Latinos? Ah, whatever.”

Wow, that’s incredibly racist of you to assume that just because I’m not a liberal that I must be pretending to be a minority. Obviously only Democrats should be allowed to speak for minorities. Minorities that don’t toe the party line aren’t minorities at all! Why won’t those minorities just shut up and realize that we’re giving them their voice by discussing their issues for them! I mean, Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell and Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal practically aren’t minorities at all! They must secretly be white people pretending to be minorities! That’s it! That’s why they won’t let us speak for them!

Yeah, no. I’m not a white man living in a Latino neighborhood. I’m an Asian boy living in a white neighborhood in a white state and a white country. But I don’t have a problem with white people as a whole because I lived in a community where I was the only one like me, so there were no clustering of people of the same group with each other and no group polarization. I had a lot of people who didn’t like me and were white but also a few who did like me and were white. So I know that all white people aren’t bad and you won’t use that to convince me to give you my voice and speak for me.

mildlymagnificent

OK. I realise that poor old bittersteel is all hot and bothered about paternity testing in Australia. Seeing as his fingers seem unable to do the googlewalk, I did it for him.

Surprise, surprise. Whaddya know. Paternity testing is not just legal in Australia. The government’s own legal advice people will help men who want to contest child support claims. The government has even gone so far as to formally accredit laboratories whose reports will be acceptable to the courts.

The only cases I know of where DNA testing is invalid or inadmissible in civil court disputes are those where the samples were obtained without consent. But that’s applicable in practically all jurisdictions that I know of. Nothing special about Australia or France.

Kate
Kate

“Like, right now I’m studying for a demanding career and it takes up a lot of my time. I don’t get to do all of the fun things that other people get to do. And those same people believe that after all that hard work, I should fund them so that they can continue having that lifestyle. They think I owe it to them and that I shouldn’t get any benefits out of my hard work. And that’s not fair at all.”

Last time responding to you since you don’t really engage questions, but can you see how you’re projecting a whole lot of venom onto an imaginary person here? You’re imagining that a) anyone you might be interested in the future has frittered away her life on “fun” and a “less demanding” career, and based on that you believe that b) she will not respect you or any vows she takes, and will not only cheat on you, but lie to you and have another man’s child all to, c) get access to your bank account.

You not only have a very low opinion of all women to think that they are all like that, but you have a very low opinion of yourself if you feel that you would get as far as step b) with a woman like that.

You’ve already mentally put yourself 5-10 years in the future as an unhappy cuckolded man who is hard and embittered and are allowing that to color your relationships with people today. You would be better served to find a hobby that you like and direct this amount of attention towards it. I can’t guarantee that you’ll be a happier person as a result, but you can do it without having to worry about strangely specific what-ifs.

maistrechat
Reply to  Shiraz

For 2. this is totally not even wrong territory. Marriage/a relationship is not the same as ownership. Your partner is able to have sex with as many or as few consenting adults as they want. It’s totally fine to be upset about this but that doesn’t mean they are treating you like a slave. Dictating to people who they can and can’t sleep with on the other hand IS treating someone like property.

sparky
sparky

I think bittersteel’s mod challenge should be having to back up his claims without using evo psych bullshit.

Or to keep his posts short, say under so many characters? Like a tweet.

I am laughing my ass off about the danger of getting expelled for asking a woman out because Title IX.

sebhai
sebhai

” I don’t get to do all of the fun things that other people get to do. I don’t think that having a child that is related to you is a positive right in the sense that society has to give it to me. But I do think that I should be allowed to decide if I want to spend all of my hard earned money purely for the benefit of someone else, especially someone who thinks that I’m a slave/scum and despises me so much that they would cheat on me and use me. No thanks. I’m a human being too.”

Don’t worry,it wouldn’t happen to you you said never approach a woman but did any of those woman aproach you apart from that group of obese women?
Why the hell do you still think feminist are the one to be blamed if you happen to meet a cuckolding woman,you said you’re a minority,do you have the same issues you have with the women in your minority group the same way you have with white women?
You’re obviously resent white women for bullying you,but I still can’t see how you can’t find a woman from your own community?
Or you really think that women of your community had been poisoned by feminism as well?
Did cheating by women happens a lot in your culture as well?

“And those same people believe that after all that hard work, I should fund them so that they can continue having that lifestyle. They think I owe it to them and that I shouldn’t get any benefits out of my hard work. And that’s not fair at all.”

Who are these people?!!
The feminists ?!!
Didn’t you know we’re still begging for an equal pay,so we don’t need people like you to fund us?!!!

fromafar2013

@ bittersteel

Shiraz was making fun of a different troll, who was not a minority but claimed to be one by using the word literally. Zie was making fun of a past racist troll and hoping you weren’t also one.

OMG, he’s adorable! Can we keep him?

Mmm, I’m not sure, this seems like the kind who will chew the furniture and pee on the rug.

bittersteel

“I’ve heard this before, and it makes no sense to me. You’re not genetically programmed to go on the internet and you do that anyway, so I’m not seeing how 1. works.”

Just because I’m not genetically programmed to do some things doesn’t mean that I’m not genetically programmed to do other things. Like, I’m not genetically programmed to use the internet, but I am genetically programmed to eat. Because eating is a biological imperative.

“2. this is totally not even wrong territory. Marriage/a relationship is not the same as ownership. Your partner is able to have sex with as many or as few consenting adults as they want. It’s totally fine to be upset about this but that doesn’t mean they are treating you like a slave. Dictating to people who they can and can’t sleep with on the other hand IS treating someone like property.”

I’m not dictating anything to anybody. I have the absolute right to enter into any relationships I wish on whatever grounds that I wish. If I refuse to enter into a relationship with someone because they have blue hair, I have that right. If I refuse to enter into a relationship with someone because they an STD, I have that right. That’s what freedom of association is. And I absolutely will refuse to be part of a relationship with someone who sleeps around and then saddles me with someone else’s child. I have that right too. You have a really twisted way of looking at it such that you seem to think that the woman is entitled to the relationship with me and if I refuse because I don’t want to be with someone who sleeps with other men, that’s misogyny. Well guess what? Women aren’t entitled to relationships or sex any more than men are, and I have the right to decide for myself if I want to be in a relationship with someone who treats me like garbage. She’s free to sleep with whomever she wishes, and is also free to deal with the consequences of her own actions like an adult. And I’m free to leave the relationship if I don’t like how she’s acting.

But in feminists’ worldview, I’m not free to do that and only women can set boundaries in the relationship because she has a vagina and needs to be taken care of. And you’re accusing me of being a misogynist who thinks that women can’t deal with the consequences of their own actions and choose whether or not to freely enter into contracts with men. LOL

“Raising a child you are not biologically related to is no more “for the benefit of somebody else” than raising your own biological children. They’re both for the benefit of the child. Children are not some reward you get once you hit level 30.”

The support of a beta male is not some reward you get when you hit level 30 either. And the child is someone else last time I checked. It’s not me. No benefit to me=I’m not going to do something that is time consuming, emotionally taxing, and unjust.

mildlymagnificent

I should have said something to bittersteel earlier.

A simple online search would have told you that your “information” about paternity testing in Australia was wrong. The reference I linked for you was literally the first on the list when I searched “australia paternity tests”.

Had you done this for yourself, you should have realised that the source you got that from was unreliable. If you’ve not done similar cross-checking for all those other claims you’re making, I think you should be more cautious in making definitive statements based on others reports of unknown quality.

(It’s perfectly OK to treat someone as usually reliable if you have checked their work in the past and it’s been verified by research papers or other neutral sources. But if you’ve never checked anything for yourself, be prepared to be shot down in flames.)

piratejennie

@shiraz

Yeah, that was undfreeland in the “Creepy Comment of the Day” thread.

I was kind of feeling that vibe, but regulars have pointed out that those features (claiming to have been a feminist, claiming to have feminist friends, being a self described nerd or in other ways not popular) are common with some trolls.

@bittersteel

I missed your apology for using ableist language in an earlier comment. Noted and thanks for acknowledging that.

brooked
brooked

I mean, let’s be real here. You guys think that MRAs are guys who can’t get laid. Why on earth would we want to slut shame? Doesn’t enforcing those types of sexual standards on women just make it less likely that we would get laid than if we encouraged women to have as much sex as possible? Plus I know from personal experience that I don’t really think about who’s sleeping with whom at college.

Actually we guys don’t believe that. You’re in college? I would have guessed you were still in high school. Go figure.

weirwoodtreehugger

Oh look. Another troll who thinks only the bigotry that effects him exists.

How is it that racism is real but misogyny is something evil man hating feminists made up?

You don’t get to complain about your marginalized status due to membership in one oppressed group while shitting on another oppressed group. Not on this blog. And before you say anything, no we wouldn’t be accepting of a racist white feminist around here either.

Also, it just me or was bs’s parenting comment really offensive to adoptive and step parents?

bittersteel

This is from your own guys’ link: “The Child Support Agency will not accept a DNA test report that shows that you are not the father of the child.”

LOL, you guys just proved my own point for me.