a voice for men antifeminism Dean Esmay drama kings incoherent rage irony alert MRA

Hatemongering Bigots Are All Alike, Misandrist: The Dean Esmay Story

Sometimes it's hard to decide whether to go with "hatemongering bigot" or "bigot hatemonger."
Dean Esmay choosing his words: Sometimes it’s hard to decide whether to go with “hatemongering bigot” or “bigot hatemonger.”

It’s Twitter Thursday here on We Hunted the Mammoth! Which is my way of saying that I spent last night poking around in the Twitterings of some of the A Voice for Men crowd. And I’ve decided that, as much as I enjoy Judgy B’s passive-aggressive evasiveness and schoolyard taunts, I think I like Dean Esmay’s tweets better.

Why? Because he tweets as if at any moment his head might literally explode.

Let’s take a look, shall we, at this selection of tweets from Mr. Esmay I gathered up last night. I have taken the liberty of highlighting some, well, let’s just call them recurring motifs.

dean1fixed

dean2

deanfuckbigotdeangoddamneddeangofuckdeanhatebigotlaugh

I was sort of thinking that “Bigots Usually Laugh When Their Hate Is Shown” could be the title of the second volume in the Dean Esmay Story.

deanhatefulbigotrydeanhatemongdean4inarowdeanhatemonger2 deanhatemongerinbigotsdeanhatemongerliedeanlyingbigotdeanhatemongfabdeantroll

U mad bro?

Oh, one more. I just like that in one tweet, he talks about “gendercide” being committed against men. And then two tweets later he calls someone a bigot for saying that violence is gendered.

deanviolenvegenderednot

I would also like to point out that all of these tweets were tweeted in the last ten days. I can only wonder how many hatemongering bigots he says bye bye to in a year.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

By which I mean that the difference isn’t just down to aging, he seems angry and unhappy all the time now. People who remember him in previous non-MRA incarnations keep saying that he wasn’t like this before, which is why I’m thinking that either being involved in the MRM makes men miserable and angry or only men who’re angry and miserable get involved in the MRM.

Xanith
Xanith

The way Esmay says “bye” to people and yet continues to engage with them makes me think of a lot of trolls and lost MRA-types who comment here. They’ll say “bye” or “good night” or whatever and then leave several more comments before actually leaving.

They just never know when to quit, do they?

kittehserf

You notice, too, how men who’ve left the MRM say how much less ragey they feel. Maybe not outright happy but a hell of a lot less self-pitying and blamey and full of shit. They realise how bloody miserable being in the MRM made them, and that it was all founded on rubbish.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Which would already be a bad thing, but it gets even worse when you realize that there are people actively trying to fuel that unhappy state of mind in order to make money off of it.

Nitram
Nitram

Duckbunny,
“Has someone stolen his thesaurus?”

I so lol’d at this!!! Quick wit, clever, love it.

kittehserf

They really are a cult, aren’t they? And worse than some, because there aren’t even moments of joy or a sense of union, even if it’s an us-against-the-world one.

gorillaella

In the pic Deano looks like he is flipping the bird

Woody
Woody

So let’s summarize- you’re mocking Dean because of his passionate opposition to bigots and hatemongers?

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

Oh good Woody’s back.

No, we’re mocking Dean because he says he is opposed to bigots and hatemongers, while being very closely aligned, and working, with them, as well as saying hateful, bigoted things.

Let’s summarise – we’re mocking Dean because of his hypocrisy.

I guess Woody didn’t have a heart attack from overexcitement after all.

wewereemergencies
wewereemergencies

He could have just told us that, rather than making such a stupid comment.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

Passionate opposition =/= name-calling. Also, his lack of creativity deserves mocking.

Bummer for them that no protesters showed up today so the only thing heard in the news was crickets. Even their Twitter accounts are silent. I guess the promises of the Washington Post, Time Magazine, and ABC News were just another sham to get the misters pumped up to buy tickets. What do you think, Woody?

Alex

There’s our Woody! Dance monkey!

Ken L.

@ brooked

Greg is on Marc Maron’s WTF a lot and he does stand up here and there.

Now I see the Greg Proops fellow is the shows host. he had a bad tie on too. it was hard to tell without watching the video.

gorillaella

Check out youtube, Jon Stewart, June 25th re sexual assault in uni. it is funny, yet not so funny

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Good lord, there are almost MORE commercials on the on-line show than on tv!

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

I remember when hatemongering was an artisan’s craft. You’d go down to the village hatemonger and he’d make it up fresh and wrap your order in newspaper for you. It’s all just become so impersonal these days.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Woody! Thank goodness, I was starting to worry about you. I knew that nothing short of grievous injury would keep you from defending the denizens of AVfM.

brooked
brooked

@Ken L

Thanks for the update, I figured Proops was on some podcast, comedians are legally required on at least one.

Sworebytheprecious posted a photo of the building housing the conference on Twitter and it looks exactly like I imagined a VFW hall in a dinky Midwestern suburb would look. It’s modest, to say the least. It’s hard to imagine any real organization or company holding a conference there, but I knew that before I saw it since conferences usually take place in a hotel or in a convention center near multiple hotels.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I remember when hatemongering was an artisan’s craft

My grandfather wanted to be a hatemonger, but the apprenticeship was so long back then. It took years before you could learn to monger quality hate. Now with those new-fangled machines and deregulation of the trade, just anybody can put out a shingle and hatemonger to their heart’s content.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

And you get hipster types setting up old-fashioned hatemonger’s stalls at farmer’s markets, and yeah, it’s better than the hate you get at the supermarket. But the price! Seriously!

weirwoodtreehugger

Does artisan hatemonger come in a mason jar? Is it pickled? Is there a bird on it?

marinerachel

It’s not unlike being a reiki master. You get your certification online after about a week of reading and, wham, you’re registered and licensed to monger. Hate away, friends.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

That’s just bigoted hatemonger. And boy, will you pay a premium for that!

WOODY!

Don’t worry, I took it upon myself to post on your behalf during your recharge.

marinerachel

Stop flipping me the bird, Dean. It’s rude.

Alice Sanguinaria

Hey David! Sorry for being off topic, but we found a doozy of an article for you.

I introduce AVFM’s article “Murder as a Possible Outcome of Escalating False Rape Prosecutions”. Here’s the archive.today link, because you know how they’re going to go ahead and delete this at some point.

Reddit user /u/Wrecksomething found it, so all credit for this article goes to them.

pallygirl
pallygirl

So if they delete all the hateful stuff on their website, what’s left? The banner?

Sworebytheprecious (@DarkHorseSwore)

well, on to tomorrow!

so little to say to me… but i’m still here

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Ergg. A commentor wished men would slice up women’s genitals so we could have equality. That article is a call for rapists to murder their victims to avoid jail.

toolbox
toolbox

Men’s Rights: so forward thinking they’ve found themselves back in the 13th century

marinerachel

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Have we discussed the MARVELOUS curtain behind Mr. Esmay yet? What does one even call that pattern? I inherited an antique chaise lounge from my dead grandmother with upholstery similar to it. It really, really needs reupholstering.

Brodt
Brodt

Wow….he does realize that just because you use the word “bigot” in in every single sentence, does not actually mean that you’re right, or have the slightest clue what you’re talking about. It does often help to actually back up your accusations.

Also….seriously, did he actually attempt to call someone out for homophobia? I’m not sure that anyone associated with the MRM can talk on that issue. I’ve experienced fairly minimal homophobia from feminists…a little here or there sure, and straight people can be pretty fucking heteronormative even when they mean well. On the other hand…just about every case of aggressive, in-your-face overt bigotry and hatred based upon my sexuality has been from MRA, or MRA-sympathetic individuals. So seriously…fuck those guys.

tealily
tealily

Hahahahaha! Does the projection never end with MRAs? So far, not one of them I’ve seen has ANY business commenting on anyone else’s appearance.

kittehserf

marinerachel – “Take no notice of the man in front of the curtain!”

I’d kind of like that pattern in gold on crimson. Full on baroque extravagance.

tealily
tealily

That’s not a curtain, it’s a partition in the basement.

estraven
estraven

Our old house built in 1859 had wallpaper that looked like that. Actually it had several layers of wallpaper and the top one was similar to that curtain. (Shudders)

marinerachel

That’s exactly what it is – baroque extravagance. My chaise lounge is very similar just gold on green. It’s marvelous.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Not to mention all the competition from the costermongers, and the fact that you had to have a good set of lungs:

“Hate! Hate! Nice fresh hate!
Makee mind weak!
Makee life bleak!
Who’ll buy my hate?”

Maybe Esmay is trying to subliminally arouse an appetite for his product by dropping “hate” and “bigot” into every sentence, the way movie theaters used to flash pictures of popcorn and soda on the screen.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

That would be especially clever, since the bigoted variety of hate is definitely an upsell.

House Mouse Queen

That dude Esmay is going to explode one of these days in a Spinal Tapesque blob that gets left on a seat. On his tombstone it will say ‘Here lies a hatemongering bigoted fucking bigot who forever went after abusive hatemonger bigot lies.’

daintydougal
daintydougal

I’m glad someone mentioned that curtain! And is that a wedding ring? And what is he holding? An e-cig? A sonic screwdriver? And just why is he so very angry?

sparky
sparky

Alice Sanguinaria:

Holy shit. Behold, the greatest civil rights movement of the 21sy century:

(TW for rape, murder and rape and murder apologia)

For the most part. But as the social pendulum swings away from chivalry and more toward male self-preservation, and as the unavoidable collective anger begins to mount and find its way into common discussion, there may come a tipping point that will tilt in a cataclysmically bad direction.
Setting aside the emotion and trauma of a false accusation, prosecution and conviction for fictional rape, and viewed from a purely pragmatic, survival oriented stance, a jail sentence for murder is a preferable outcome for a man than a jail sentence for rape.

Yep. Paul Elam and the John the Other just said its pragmatic to kill a woman who accuses a man of rape.

And of course, all rape accusations are false and rape victims are given tons of power, prestige, money and attention.

Yep. Human rights activists fighting the bigoted hatemongering bigots and hatemongerers.

seraph4377

Know what? I bet this is another example of how right-wingers seem to think that words like racist, sexist or bigot don’t describe real things, but are just “cards” that liberals like to play to silence conservatives. So they try to use them themselves, believing that whoever slaps the other person with the bigot-card first is the winner and the other side has to shut up, because of course politics is just a game.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Damn, I’d missed his profile pic. Y’all are right. That pic he looks like the “yo, dude, pass me a beer” sort, the main pic is all…”fuck this noise, why do I bother?” — he’s not even angry, more like defeated.

Even for him, that’s sad. Dean, dude, brush your hair out, grab some sunglasses and a cold beer and go sit outside!

As for what he’s holding, no fucking clue. If that curtain is what it looks like, shit’s like $20 a yard, not cheap, especially not for a man you’d figure would be happy with miniblinds. They’re nice though, I mean, I prefer the red and creme (cream?) ones the BF has, but I like the pattern in general.

marinerachel

I think that’s a magic marker, perhaps a highlighter of sorts. Maybe one of those memory erasing devices from Men in Black.

strivingally

Like when Glenn Beck tried to hold a rally in front of the Lincoln Memorial on the 47th anniversary of MLK Jr’s “I Have A Dream” speech in that very place? Ugh.

It’s almost like they think social justice movements are a sham, and nobody has any legitimate grievances – except of course, anybody who looks and thinks like them.

kittehserf

That thing he’s holding just looks like an elborate biro to me – the bit at the top you push down.

Tracy
Tracy

He’s holding an e-cig – a pretty sweet one! (Mine is similar)