a woman is always to blame advocacy of violence alpha males antifeminism boner rage creepy elliot rodger empathy deficit entitlement evil sexy ladies evil women incel internal debate men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA patriarchy playing the victim sympathy for murderers western women suck

CoAlpha Forum member on Elliot Rodger: "Had he just butchered as many sorority girls as he could he would have been a true hero."

A makeshift shrine on the lawn of the sorority targeted by Elliot Rodger
A makeshift shrine on the lawn of the sorority targeted by Elliot Rodger

Most of those in the manosphere, whatever their real feelings, have been relatively circumspect about expressing sympathy with, or support for, Elliot Rodger. Sure, many manospherians – from MRAs to PUAs to MGTOWs – have long been half-warning, half-threatening those of us in the “blue pill” world that angry young men are going to rise up and take a sort of self-styled revenge upon their supposed female and feminist oppressors.

But when one man actually launches a “Day of Retribution” intended to punish the “blonde sluts” of the world (as well as any man who roused his ire or got in his way), most manospherians have tried to change the subject, denying any connection between his ideas and theirs, and in some cases even trying to pretend that the man who wanted to watch all women die in concentration camps wasn’t even a misogynist at all.

That’s not the case over at the CoAlpha Forum, a self-proclaimed “Reactionary Free Speech Forum” given over to a strange and scary patriarchal variant on manosphere ideology.

The main thing keeping the CoAlphas from celebrating Elliot Rodgers as an Incel Hero? He killed too many men – and didn’t “butcher” enough “sorority girls.”

In one thread immediately following the shootings, the CoAlphas wondered why Rodger didn’t kill more women. Cornfed complained:

The guy seems to have killed mostly men for some reason. I would have much more sympathy for him if he had confined himself to shooting up a sorority house as per his original stated intention.

Fschmidt, one of the site’s administrators, offered a distinct lack of sympathy to the victims, and indeed any victims of any killings in the United States.

America has a population of over 300 million human vermin, so if a few are killed, it hardly matters who they are because the numbers are insignificant.  A guy like him would have been useful to us alive.  The question is how to reach guys like him before they snap.  Maybe I should have posted to PuaHate (where he posted).  The average IQ there seemed pretty low, which is why I didn't post there.  But if that forum comes back, I will take another look.

Vegeta2 just came out and said it: In his eyes, Elliot would have been a true hero — if he had only killed more women.

Dont waste your time on Puahate. it is a cesspool. I've lurked there There are, I believe thousands of men like Elliot. Once in a while one of these men will want revenge for being rejected, humiliated and bullied. Had he just butchered as many sorority girls as he could he would have been a true hero. My problem is that his killings were random. For all we know there could have been a fellow Incel among his victims

Cornfed was also less than impressed with Rodger’s “haul” as a spree killer:

The dead victims of this guy appear to have been three Chinese nerds, some random guy and two skanks. Not a very admirable haul. People really should not do this, but if they do then they ought to put more thought into it.

In a second thread started several days after the killings, fschmidt postulated that Elliot Rodger’s real problem was that he was a “man of integrity” who suffered because he was pressured to “try to fit into a depraved culture that he could never really be a part of.”

And suprisingly, he got some pushback from one commenter. Though Moralmoe91 made clear that he “agreed with most of Rodger’s criticisms of: women, society as a whole, and the messed up male/female dynamics that are rampant today,” he just couldn’t agree with the killing, which he thought was wrong because, you know, killing is bad, and also very likely to cause big problems for incels and antifeminists like him.

Fschmidt offered a rather chillingly blase response to Moralmoe91’s contention that killing people was not such a great idea.

I don’t understand the point of condemning his actions.  I mean, I don’t approve but I am not particularly against the death of Americans.

In a series of coments, poor Moe did his best to explain to fschmidt that Rodger’s actions might end up hurting him too. And he repeated his apparently quite controversial notion that murder is actually bad.

You guys don't seem to understand what i'm trying to say... I agree with all of you about how messed up American Culture is, particularly the women. I can also identify very strongly with Elliot's pain... However what he did was wrong and only hurt our cause. Feminists have been assassinating our character and calling us hateful for years and because of guys like Elliot they now have evidence to support all of the negative shit they have been saying about us.  His actions did nothing to help dateless men.... It only hurt our image and made us look bad... That is part of the reason why dateless men have got to condemn his actions. The biggest reason being that murder is morally wrong.

No dice. Fschmidt was convinced by none of it. Not even the bit about murder.

Murder?  Killing is only murder when one kills a member of one’s own culture.  Modern Western culture is not my culture, so I do not consider killing its members to be murder.

That may be the creepiest thing I’ve read since Elliot Rodger’s manifesto.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Well, I mean, did a woman ever come up and offer him a house just because she felt bad for having previously denied him one? And is the house inside her vagina?

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

RE: katz

Now I’m imagining some dude going from couch surfing to an apartment with roommates to an apartment by himself to owning a house and identifying as “homeless” the whole time.

What’s saddening is that I’m POSITIVE someone has done this at some point. And then you have the really pretentious “homeless by choice” people… (This is not to disparage people of such a temperament they can handle unorthodox housing arrangements; some people really seem happiest with their mobile home or their remodeled schoolbus or roughing it. Just don’t pretend everyone can do what you can.)

RE: cassandrakitty

And is the house inside her vagina?

Psh. I WISH I had a house up there. Fucking thing would’ve been really goddamn useful! Hell, I woulda settled for just having a fucking TENT up in there!

kittehserf

LBT – journeys, hmm. ::tries to think of not-totally-predictable- story to fit theme::

kittehserf

Hell, I woulda settled for just having a fucking TENT up in there!

That’s a whole different sort of pegging, then.

That’s a whole different sort of pegging, then.

Kittehserf wins the thread.

kittehserf

Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week.

Argenti Aertheri

This keeps coming up buried with the rest of the ableism, and it bugs me. Yes he was prescribed a drug that is usually used as an antipsychotic. So am I. As a sleeping pill. Think the ableist crowd can refrain from using the script as “proof” of psychosis? (Probably not…)

Minor peeve. I’ll return the thread to it’s rightful owner now. Take it away Kitteh!

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

I concur with katz. It wins. (Although it mostly unfortunately reminds me of the Ann McCaffery tent peg WTF moment.)

And don’t bust your brain, Kittehs! You can make whatever prompt you like.

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

ARGENNNNTTTIIIII

kittehserf

::curtseys::

I’ll bow out on a high note, for the moment. Louis wants to do some writing, and I need to get on with my knitting after that. Back later!

Argenti Aertheri

Hi LBT!!! We should work out the details of getting you Sneak’s plant, the plants are out of the terrarium and doing fine, I wanna give it a bit before shipping, but yep, Sneak’s getting zir plant!

faux
faux

@kittehserf who says

faux, hi, have a Welcome Package!

Always good to see another servant of the Furrinati delurking. 😀

thank you, ever so kindly. it is always nice to feel welcomed when first posting. i hope that my avoidance of the key will not be overly annoying. my financial well being once relied upon being able to press 120 keys per minute, with a dork ass boss lurking behind me trying to glance down my blouse. years later, i take perverse pride in not fulfilling all of my keystroke duties.

faux
faux

hmmmm….. i can see that i inadvertently used some html code which made the word ‘shift’ disappear while attempting to describe the ‘shift’ key.

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

RE: Argenti

Sneak is incredibly excited. At the moment, zie has a basil and an African violet, both of which are blooming and happy. Zie desires more for zer little window sill garden. (What was it you were giving zer again? I’ve forgotten…)

Argenti Aertheri

…an African violet. I can send a crassula gollum along too if zie wants some variety?

natalie jones (@zerohourcomic)

Well, exactly how does one fix this no date problem? I mean, most guys don’t want a mentally disabled that their going to have to watch out for as perspective date.

cupisnique

natalie I suspect you’re intentionally being an asshole with that last statement, piss off.

Also, it’s prospective

mildlymagnificent

Fer crissake. No date?

Wash your hair, clean your teeth, shine your shoes.

Join a theatre/ gaming/ hiking/ /chess/ guerrilla gardening group or any other club or activity where you might find people you like who might like you. Be polite to everyone. In your case that might mean keeping your mouth shut for hours at a time.

Whatever. Just get on with your life.

kittehserf

Anyone think “Natalie” is another sock?

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Ooh, I have an idea! If you DON’T have a date, and you WANT a date, why not go on a site specifically created to mock misogyny, in a thread where misogynists have said things so vile as to make the regulars physically ill, to ask for advice? What could possibly go wrong?

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

RE: Argenti

Somehow, I am sure Sneak would not mind having another African violet. Zer current one has white flowers with just a touch of light purple. Sneak is also deeply excited by the thought of a crassula gollum; zie’s never had a cactus before. (Unless you count aloe, I guess.)

RE: natalie jones

As a mentally disabled person myself, I can assure you that there are guys to date who aren’t assholes. Some of them are also mentally disabled, and some of them aren’t. Frankly, I would see the datelessness as more a side effect of the massive ableism in society, rather than its own problem that the incels seem to make it out to be.

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

Also, my husband has never had to “watch out for” me. I’m a grown man, for Chrissakes. I can watch out for myself, or swap off so I can watch out for him. (Just because someone’s sane doesn’t mean they don’t get worn out! For instance, hubby totally overdid it at Pride yesterday, and has been resting all today, poor thing.)

Argenti Aertheri

LBT — okay! The crassula is more like aloe than a pointy cactus though, really weird looking plant! (And if zie can get the African violet to flower, the parent plant flowers pure purple)

natalie jones (@zerohourcomic)

LBT Thank you and ‘watch out for’ I meant ‘know when to avoid’.

As for the rest of you.

*slow clap*

Like shooting fish in a barrel (if you get my drift).

weirwoodtreehugger

What the fuck are you on about Natalie? You’re proud that you got mocked on a mockery site you’ve been trolling? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

cloudiah

Yeah, I’m thinking Natalie is socking.

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

RE: Argenti

Zie is very excited about the challenge. And it took a bit, but zie got the other violet to flower, so I’m sure zie can manage this one too! I’m going to end up living in a greenhouse.

RE: natalie jones

LBT Thank you and ‘watch out for’ I meant ‘know when to avoid’.

…I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. Are you saying it’s hard to find dates because they worry you’re dangerous? Because you’re worried THEY’RE dangerous? What is it, exactly, that you’re asking about?

faux
faux

natalie jones says

my best advice would be to engage in activities that make you happy. this is very effective for many reasons — you just might find a decent person to date who *coincidentally* enjoys the same activity wherein mutual attraction may ensue. should you not meet said decent person, at least you will be making yourself happy.

my husband and i started dating 19 years ago when we were both in college. i was a returning student, he was 9 years younger, just got out of the army and my brother’s best friend. i was 31 and going through chemo for hodgkins lymphoma. as you would imagine, i neither looked nor felt my best, nor was i looking for romance. my illness was as obvious as anything could be and yet we found many things that we both enjoyed. perhaps my optimism that i would regain my health and overall attitude had a lot to do with things. i know for me, i had already found a man who loved me during sickness and poverty and i did not think twice when he asked me to marry him. he’s spent the last 19 years proving those marriage vows and being the best possible daddy.

somehow, i don’t see that you are actually finding any joy posting here, so why not lay off it? it’s damn hard to find a date when you are actively engaging in solitary activities which bring you no joy. in fact, it’s downright unattractive on a number of levels.

Argenti Aertheri

Faux — *claps* congrats to you and the husband! (I may be a bit drunk, but I’m a sucker for happy stories)

Natalie — that phrase seriously underestimates the ability of fish to hang out on the bottom.

Speaking of fish, Puff is getting bigger than large grapes, and the Boston aquarium has some of his species and D’AWWW they’re just as cute full grown. (And I got a list of potential tankmates, so yeah for that)

LBT (with an open writeathon!)

Also, the fact of the matter is… the “no date problem” basically depends on another person. Sometimes, no matter what you do, no one will want to date you. End stop. That’s part of life.

Incels are particularly bad, I feel, because it’s group people together when they have NOTHING IN COMMON. It’s literally grouping people together not because they have something, but that they DON’T have something. I might as well try and make an identity out of people who don’t have cars.

Incel seems to be an identity people really put a lot of stock in, and resist giving up that emotional tie and resentment at all costs. (See: GGG.) It seems to be that the only way NOT to be incel is to be having sex whenever you want it with someone exactly according to your taste, and… that’s just not reasonable. I’m fucking married, and I don’t get sex whenever I want it!

Ally S

This is somewhat off-topic but up here in Canada CAFE has just been granted status as a tax-exempt charity.

Fuck that noise.

natalie jones (@zerohourcomic)

Not proud. Just sayin’ trollin’ here is easy like sunday mornin’.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Argenti: pix? He must be getting easier to photograph now. She? Zie?

Ally: I looked up the requirements for charitable organization, because I wanted to be able to issue tax receipts for my arts group. We aren’t charitable. CAFE is ostensibly be doing work that is benefiting the public. They say they’re trying to improve men’s lives.

I feel fairly confident that there are enough undeluded people at CRA that their annual reporting will be looked at VERY closely.

What the CRA says about who can be a registered charity:

A registered charity is an organization established and operated for charitable purposes, and must devote its resources to charitable activities. The charity must be resident in Canada, and cannot use its income to benefit its members.

A charity also has to meet a public benefit test. To qualify under this test, an organization must show that:

-its activities and purposes provide a tangible benefit to the public
-those people who are eligible for benefits are either the public as a whole, or a significant section of it, in that they are not a restricted group or one where members share a private connection, such as social clubs or professional associations with specific membership
-the charity’s activities must be legal and must not be contrary to public policy

To register as a charity, the organization has to be either incorporated or governed by a legal document called a trust or a constitution. This document has to explain the organization’s purposes and structure.

faux
faux

@LBT

agreed on the incel club. it is the equivalent of going to your ‘not stamp collecting’ hobby club (with props to penn & teller).

@Argenti

thank you 🙂 my point was that decent folk are not immediately horrified at the prospect of dating sick people, be it mental, physical, visible or not. it’s also a happy story with a good ending.

Argenti Aertheri

LBT — Puff’s been dubbed a he to even out my tanks as his tank is under the one with my gorgeous girls in it (my cories, a couple of the females have STUNNING colors).

I can try getting pix, problem is that he refuses to remotely hold still. Might be able to get some while he’s eating though. He gorged on brine shrimp earlier, so maybe Tuesday I’ll give him a treat and see if he’ll stay in one place to eat it!

weirwoodtreehugger

Natalie,
Trolling is easy everywhere on the internet. It’s sure a lot easier than contributing something meaningful to the conversation.

Trolls are sad and pathetic. Why you’re all hyped about being an asshole, I have no clue. If you think we’re upset by it, we’re not. We’ve had better. But we feed trolls till they burst here so I guess you can keep making an ass out of yourself if that’s your thing. I suggest you come up with some more entertaining material. Step up your game a bit.

kittehserf

faux, lovely to hear your and your husband’s story! Like Argenti, I’m a sucker for those.

You nailed it about trolls:

Yeah, if the closest they come to joy or pleasure is trying to anger, distress or just annoy other people – well, golly gee, what a surprise that nobody wants to date them.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Yes, lovely is the perfect word to describe Faux’s story. It’s nice to hear about something that is, well, nice, for a change.

I think “Natalie” needs a glass of milk and beddy bye.

kbtotes
kbtotes

A guy with mommy issues that blames every single person in life for his problems shouldn’t be blaming women for all his problems. He was obviously frustrated with life and never had the skills to even make a friend, yet he was given so many opportunities. The people on this website are just sad.

kittehserf

I think “Natalie” needs a glass of milk and beddy bye.

But no teddy bear. Teddy bears deserve better.

Shiraz
Shiraz

OK, no teddy. But maybe a security blanket?

kittehserf

Probably a good idea.

Wetherby
Wetherby

@caamib:

Natalie, are you a man or a woman? If you’re a woman why do you call yourself incel when you know you could find both relationships and sex?

Hmm – there’s someone on the CoAlpha forums going by the name “caamib” who has GGG’s old avatar and links to GGG’s current blog. Indeed, someone else refers to it as “your site”.

Naturally, I’m sure this is just a very unfortunate coincidence – but as a friendly word of advice to our new visitor, if you don’t want to be mistaken for a man who begs for pity fucks with his mother, you might want to stop spouting drivel about how all women can get instant relationships with the merest snap of their fingers. Because that’s a bit of a tell right there.

(Not least of the fact that you’ve barely spoken to a real flesh-and-blood woman in your life.)

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Hey, his mom is a woman! And so is the cop who, iirc, arrested him for trying to nag her into having sex with him on account of it’s her duty as a person who’s vowed to protect and serve. Yeah, that plan didn’t go so well, but hey, being put in handcuffs counts as physical contact, right?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Oh! I almost forgot, he met a woman who was a therapist too.

Her : So, how can I help you feel better about yourself?
Him : You could fuck me
Her : No, actually, I couldn’t. I don’t want to either. So, how about we talk about your…
Him : Murderer! You are literally murdering me by not having sex with me!

And then he went and protested outside some government building. Super effective activist powers go!

friday jones
friday jones

I used to call these MRA’s assholes, but then I thought about it a bit more and realized that that was an insult to a human organ that does a great job of regulating our excretion of poop. It’s about time that we gave the human asshole the respect it deserves and stop denigrating it by calling MRA’s “assholes.” MRA’s aren’t assholes, they’re ASS CANCER.

titianblue
titianblue

Has anyone contacted the Dark Lord about the multitude of socks on this thread?

kittehserf

I did about Natalie; she seems to have her own blog of incel ridiculousness. Don’t know about the others.

scott1139
scott1139

@friday jones

I think calling them ‘shit’ would also work: they’re repulsive, toxic, and must be excreted to prevent harm to the body.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Argenti:

Another Latin fan! *high five*

“Lingua Latina non mortua est; sed contemplacit pro fiordis”

– some random latinist on the Internet (don’t blame the errors on me, I’m just parroting)