a voice for men antifeminism antifeminist women attention seeking boner rage creepy elliot rodger empathy deficit entitled babies entitlement evil sexy ladies evil women grandiosity heartiste imaginary oppression incel irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA narcissism PUA PUAhate racism

Heartiste takes on an "egotistic, attention starved, solipsistic, passive aggressive, perpetually aggrieved … manlet" who somehow isn't him.

elliothate

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive continues! If you haven’t already, please consider sending some bucks my way. (And don’t worry that the PayPal page says Man Boobz.)

Thanks! (And thanks again to all who’ve already donated.) Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

Well, the great minds of the manosphere have been going into overdrive trying to explain away the fact that a man who had a lot in common with them, ideology-wise, murdered six innocent people on Friday as part of a “Day of Retribution” that he had hoped would involve a lot more dead bodies, particularly of the blonde, female variety.

We had noted cultural commenter JudgyBitch (Janet Bloomfield) looking at Elliot Rodger, a man who wrote a 140-page manifesto detailing his hatred of women and girls, a manifesto that contained the following paragraph:

Women are like a plague. They don’t deserve to have any rights. Their wickedness must be contained in order prevent future generations from falling to degeneracy. Women are vicious, evil, barbaric animals, and they need to be treated as such.

.. and which ended with a fantasy of putting all the women in the world in concentration camps and starving them to death, while Rodger took a position in a giant tower built just for him “where I can oversee the entire concentration camp and gleefully watch them all die,” and suggesting that Rodger wasn’t actually a misogynist, because he wasn’t able to get into the sorority and murder all the “blonde sluts” he had hoped to murder and so ended up killing more men than women.

We had pickup guru and sometime date rapist Roosh Val looking at that same fellow, a young man who decided that all the women in the world deserved to die because no hot blondes came up and threw themselves at him while he wandered around campus talking to no one, and deciding that “game” would have saved his life and the life of his victims.

And we had Dr. Helen trying her best to insinuate that feminists were to blame for Rodger’s murders in California because a small group of feminists blocked a lecture by a Men’s Rights celebrity in Toronto and therefore prevented Rodger from getting the proper psychiatric care he needed, even though he had been seeing psychiatrists for years as well as a string of counselors in his final days.

But we still haven’t’ heard from the master of PUA purple prose, the Heartiste formerly known as Roissy. What the heck does he think about poor dead murderer Elliot Rodger?

Well, he has answered that question at last. According to Heartiste, the fallen Rodger was a repressed gay “social retard” who was also possibly a hetero incel beta male member of an omega male brothel. Plus some other stuff. I guess I should let Heartiste explain, because there’s no way to summarize his particular brand of fragrant prose poop.

First, teh gay:

Rodger pings some operational gaydars. There’s his plush gay face. There’s the “try-hard” nature of his manifesto, which reads less like a compendium of genuine pain than a B-movie script of what he’d think a guy with girl troubles would write. … And his narcissism; if you haven’t seen by now, Rodger had a stream of attention whoring pouty-lipped Facebook selfies that would make a dancing bar slut blush.

Setting aside the unproved gay hypothesis, Heartiste considers Rodger’s life as an incel – or “involuntary celibate.”

From what I can glean, Elliot Rodger failed with women because he was a social retard. That’s pretty much all there is to it. … He thought that “putting himself out there” with girls was sitting on a park bench like Aqualung. That making a serious move on a girl was quickly muttering “hi” as he stumbled past her, later delirious with rage that she didn’t reciprocate with an equally prompt blowjob. That bumping into an Asian dude talking to a cute chick, and glaring at them with his twisted angry face, was acting “cocky and arrogant”. That his effeminate passivity and lack of proactive engagement with women was evidence that they were “ignoring” him.

Actually, Heartiste sort of has a point here: Rodger seems to have literally never approached a single woman. His idea of courtship was to put on designer clothes and wander around outside, hoping that some lovely blonde gal would take a fancy to him and invite herself to be his girlfriend.

Heartiste, like Roosh, thinks that “game” could have saved Rodger, but only if he had been gotten to earlier. Alas, Heartiste notes, Rodger turned not to PUA but to the website PUAhate.

Which brings us to PUAHate … It’s not a forum for failed pickup artists as some male feminists licking the taint of their femcunt overwhores will want you to believe. It’s a hangout for socially awkward losers who desperately want to blame their failings with women on their sub-Pitt looks instead of on their awful social calibration and their inability to say two words to a girl without filling their Pokemon underoos.

Again, Heartiste is partly right. No, not that bit about the femcunt overwhores and the fellows in their underwears. That other stuff. PUAhate is indeed a cesspit. While there are some people on the site legitimately interested in exposing PUA fraud, they’re outnumbered by angry incels and misogynistic trolls.

No sense ignoring the race angle.

Oh dear. Given that Heartiste is basically a genteel Nazi and Rodger was half-white, half-Asian, this isn’t going to be pretty.

Mixed race people are more likely to have psychological disorders. And Asian men are especially susceptible to dating market lockouts. Throw in the cauldron a stew of vibrant proximate diversity and it’s a surprise suppressed racial/sexual rage doesn’t boil over more often.

Ok, that wasn’t quite as awful as I expected, though I’m pretty sure Heartiste’s reference to “vibrant proximate diversity” is basically just his way of suggesting that segregation is preferable to a society in which different ethnic groups actually come into contact with one another on a regular basis.

Heartiste decides to end by suggesting that the “effeminate” Rodger may be a sign of things to come:

The title of this post is a broad indictment of this infantile Millennial generation, which daily provides evidence that their ranks are filled with effeminate males who, like women, expect the world to cater their needs, no questions asked, no demands made. Elliot Rodger couldn’t stand how unfaaaair girls were to date uglier men than himself, how unfair life was that his car and clothes weren’t a magnet for hot white sorority chicks, how unfair the cosmic laws were to require of him a little bit of effort if he wanted to put an end to his virginity.

Egotistic, attention starved, solipsistic, passive aggressive, perpetually aggrieved, and unwilling to change when posing as a martyr feels so damn good… there’s your new American manlet, same as your new American woman.

Wait, run that first part by me again?

Heartiste has just described the typical manospehrian, to a t.

Shiraz
Shiraz

I mean, I dunno. I never trolled or socked before. But it just seems to me if you barge into a thread about a guy who stabbed and shot people, it’s not a good idea to allege you have a gun shop. It might make you seem like you are overidentifying with the killer.

contrapangloss

I just got back from Rexacoricophalapatorious. It was fun! Unfortunately, Station 5 is throwing off the course of human history, again, so I really must go.

This is the third time, too!

fromafar,
Oh, thank goodness! My…friend will be relieved to hear it.
*runs to seek angel snogging*

WWTH,
You get that nefarious ne’er-do-well!
*sulks*
I don;t have a wine shower, not even in my Fortress of Solitude…that I totally have.

Shiraz
Shiraz

On a lighter note, I’m enjoying all the pop culture references from the regulars.
Supernatural? Oh hell yeah. Though I’d rather snogg Bennie the Cajun vampire than Castiel — I think. 😉

contrapangloss

Fortress of Solitude? That sounds nice. Why did I move into Stark’s tower, again?

Clint and Tony just refuse to shut up.

Going to take a break and go back to finding Bucky with Rodgers. It’s more peaceful.

Lea

It might make you seem like you are overidentifying with the killer.

Ya think?!?!

You know what I think?

…*glug*

Shiraz,
That was when the show got it’s homoeroticest, imo. That first scene with Bennie and Dean was like slash shipper candy.

contrapangloss,
Good idea.
PS. My fortress of solitude is more like a computer room full of dogs. Aside from the snoring, it is pretty peaceful.

weirwoodtreehugger

Sorry Fromafar it is an ability only I have. I think I can teach you to turn Yoo-Hoo into whiskey though. The CIA taught me how to do that. Unfortunately, the instructions are in my super cool spy submarine and James Bond is borrowing it so it will have to wait until later.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Adorbs, Lea. Simply adorbs.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Not caught up (still, trying to eat without using your left molars is hard! Fucking dentistry [could’ve solved my annoyance by not letting a woman fill my cavities I guess…])

Anyways!

“The type of rape that is laughable is when a woman claims rape after she sleeps with a man and regrets it. Other than that, I am against any man who snatches a woman and forces himself on her. Show me one news article where an American law enforcement agency did nothing about a rape that I consider a rape. Sex regret does not count.

FTFY

Kim
Kim

dustedeste
dustedeste

Mmmm, Bennie the Cajun Vampire WAS pretty hot! And he scored pretty low on my Supernatural-douchebaggery list, so. I mean, it’s not technically HIS fault that his backstory came out of the fridge.

fromafar2013

@ wwth

” I think I can teach you to turn Yoo-Hoo into whiskey though.”

GOOD ENOUGH. I can wait ;D

weirwoodtreehugger

Kim,
I would consider myself a pretty open minded person and people can be attracted to whoever they want as far as I’m concerned. But why, why would you kiss a weeping angel? *shudders*

fromafar2013

@ Kim

“Angel snogging related – if they are weeping angels, is it better to kiss with your eyes open or closed?”

Oh shit.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Oh, hey, my original thought is on topic again!

Socially awkward geek boy crushes? My BF has learned to accept that he’s my second favorite socially awkward geek boy, cuz Reid. (Why are they always picking on the cutie?)

Leykis 101 Graduate
Leykis 101 Graduate

Elliot Rodgers was an evil entitled narcissist at the farthest extreme end of the bell curve.

The men in his situation empathize with him to the extent they “understand” what he was going though. This does NOT mean men who empathize(d) with Elliot Rodgers are the same as Elliot Rodgers or equally capable of carrying out such a horrific act of evil.

It appears Elliot Rodgers only received negative reinforcement from other like-minded individuals from the farthest extreme of the Mano-sphere bell curve. Clearly this man never understood Tom Leykis or Chateau Heartiste because if he had, this situation would have NEVER occurred.

@ bodycrimes

“I found the comment thread at Heartise enlightening – in a sad and troubling way. Some of the commenters open up about what it’s like to be a male virgin into their 20s, or how they went for years without sex and how they felt they’d failed as men. They understood why Rodger didn’t just go to a prostitute – what they wanted, and they presumed he wanted, was validation from a girl. They wanted a girl to hold hands with and go to the park with. They wanted romance.”

-Yes, and an unfortunate effect of today’s society is the fact there is a large percentage of young, kind, good, loving, monogamous, hopeless romantic men who fantasize about everlasting love and romance who are being ignored and shit on by women. Especially at college. That’s why they flock to websites in droves.

Elliot Rodgers was evil. But everything he said about constantly observing attractive college aged women flocking to “disheveled” “obnoxious” “slobs” “losers” and “brutes” is 100% true. Speaking personally college was a BRUTAL time of challenge and self reflection for me. It put my value systems and especially the high esteem I had for women, to the test. It’s during this time of twist,turmoil, and optimistic erosion many of these men are forming the future basis for how they will later treat women. Especially if their dating and social market value increases later in life. These men are struggling to understand the reality of their environment and how to respond to it.

“But what troubled me greatly was how they resolved their sexual dilemmas – they learned to cut off their romantic feelings about women. ‘Game’ taught them that all women are basically brainless whores who are only good for f**king and if you learn the right tricks, you can get a girl to spread her legs. And if she won’t, doesn’t matter, because it’s on to the next one. They are now on a mission to teach all young guys this philosophy.”

-This is very, very troubling. Becoming an emotional Vulcan at the flip of a switch is not something anyone, including myself, originally ever wanted. Especially in our most intimate sexual relations. But it’s something we must learn to teach ourselves lest our women, especially after they have have lived the life they wanted, and are ready to “settle down”, use our love, against us, to walk over us, hurt us, extort us, and leave us out in the cold, naked and defrauded.

I’m very sorry it has to be this way.

contrapangloss

So, I was just ridding Theoden of the Shadow, when this grumpy man with metal claws started yelling about some Magnetio character.

I’m getting too old for this.

Kim,
Best to blow the kiss while running for your life?

Dustedeste,
Almost nothing about the show disappoints me. That’s mostly because I hated it on sight and then grew to love it for it’s camp and cuteness. Some of the story lines bore me. I’d rather they’d have made Bennie’s story the spin off. Bloodlines looks craptacular. I feel like they are pulling a Cousin Oliver with the new, young, dull, characters. Then again, I turned my nose up at Supernatural when I first saw it too. To be fair, first season wasn’t great.

hellkell
hellkell

What is up with the trolls who go from zero to “bitch” in no time at all lately? Nasty strain of the blog herpes.

Argenti Aertheri ,
Dr. Reid is dreamy.

Shiraz
Shiraz

@dustedeste

Yes. Bennie equals hotness.

@Hellkell

Did you read back enough to get the low down on troll’s life as a construction worker/gun dealer? Also, his talking points have a lot in common with a wacked-out Fox News correspondant. Well, the special ones they reserve for off times.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

I missed Erin so I can’t say if trolly is or isn’t her/him. I was getting a Blog Herpes vibe, myself, but Pell wouldn’t surprise me either.

contrapangloss,
Good one. Tee-hee.

contrapangloss

The best thing to come from Erin was Marie’s statue.

brooked
brooked

Well, Davis has proven that brevity is not the soul of wit.

I’d actually agree that the KKK isn’t much of a threat anymore because it barely exists, having finally faded away after 1980s due to costly civil suits and civil rights legislation Sure, several thousand white nationalist and nostalgic southern racists may don the outfits, but it used to have millions of members and functioned a sort social club/ legally sanctioned terrorist group. So if Davis is under 35, lacks any historical perspective and doesn’t concern himself with the millions of older blacks who remember being terrorized by a murderous Klan that worked in concert with local authorities, he might not give a shit about the KKK.

Kim
Kim

You’re making me want to give Supernatural another chance. I wasn’t grabbed by the initial episodes. Should I try again from Season 2? Or is it important watch Season 1 for vital background info?

hellkell
hellkell

Shoraz: Yeah, I saw that he’s a construction working gunshop owner who won’t sell to women. How that works, I don’t know.

Lea

Speaking of awkward nerdy hotness:

He’s hotter than a piping hot cup of Taster’s Choice.

hellkell
hellkell

Kim: Hold your nose and get through Season 1. Season 2 is much better, but yeah, you need the backstory.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Lea — he really is! All that brain sitting under that messy hair? And not many men can pull off the sweater vest!

Just call me Argenti btw 🙂

fromafar2013

Oh gods, there’s a teal deer pooping in the thread!

weirwoodtreehugger

Shorter Leykis 101 graduate:

You women had it coming because you wouldn’t fuck him.

Kim,
I can’t remember when it got good. It may have been season two or season three. We actually skipped ahead and then went back and watched the older episodes once we got into the show.
My favorite episode was the one where they bring the cast into our world. My second favorite would be the episode about the Supernatural Con in a haunted house. The writers and actors are very aware of fanfic and the fans’ head cannon. They tip their hats to it without giving in to it. I like that.
The gag reels are on Youtube and they are all hilarious.

I gave up on Fringe early on and I’m told I should give it another try. Meh. Maybe.

Kim
Kim

@brooked

I can see what Davis is self-centered enough to only care about things which affect him directly, but surely he knows how much money racism has denied him. I know it’s easy for white people to overlook the inherited wealth they have, as a result of discrimination, compared to PoC in otherwise similar circumstances, but you’d think PoC would be aware of it, and how it’s a lot more money than what a few individuals could scam off them.

contrapangloss

The confirmation bias is strong, with this Leykis. We must recruit him to our order of super-secret dark-side statisticians in our Imperial Propaganda Unit.

hellkell
hellkell

Leykis 101 Graduate? That’s not something to be proud of.

Argenti Aertheri ,
I love a sweater vest.
Add argyle to the sweater vest for extra awesomeness.

“You’d think it was less of a sweater, but it’s really more of a vest.” AJ from Fairly Odd Parents http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090701222910/fairlyoddparents/en/images/d/dc/AJ.jpg

cloudiah

Leykis 101 Graduate? That’s not something to be proud of.

Seriously. Earning a GED? That’s a respectable accomplishment. Your dog graduating from obedience school? Also awesome. Listening to a misogynist blowhard blather on about how women ALL WANT TO STEAL YOUR SPERMS? Not actually impressive. More like pathetic and sad.

cloudiah

Supernatural is really good? If Mammotheers endorse it, I feel like I should also give it a second chance.

brooked
brooked

@Kim

We don’t know what Davis thinks about institutional racism because people only mentioned the KKK and no one make any broader references to racism. If he thinks black women are more harmful to him then racism, then he’s really, really fixated on his misogyny and i. Honestly wouldn’t know what to say at that point.

contrapangloss

That probably went way over his head.

Step One: Only see girls with jocks, because you only notice girls with ‘brutes’.
Step Two: Whine about it online.
Step Three: Notice a bunch of other guys whining about it online, because the happily dating legit nice guys are too busy being with their beloveds to bother hanging out in that forum.
Step Four: Assume that all the other whining guys comprise all of guy-dom, instead of a misogynistic nice-guy-TM fraction.
Step Five: Conclude all women must just date brutes.

Dude, the reason ‘Incels’ are girlfriendless isn’t because women like brutes. It’s because they have a problem with treating women like people.

Lea

Y’all, just got back and I’m happy to report that I also have a degree now. It is a real degree from a real place. Do not doubt the realness of my degree.

Also, I remember that name from someone tweet sexist shit at Rebecca Watson recently.

Is this you Tom?

contrapangloss

Sorry, have to go save the world from an alien probe, now that I’ve played with the teal deer. Who knew that letting all our cetaceans go extinct was such a bad plan?

Spock, why are you looking at me that way! Stop it! Fine! You knew!

Beam me up, Scotty! Please!

Lea

Oh, this is a fan of the idiot bigot that’s comment section is currently full of shitlords making jokes…JOKES about the murderer now.

I. can’t. even.

I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue.

“some”, not “someone’.
Oops.

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m sort of look warm about Supernatural. It feels a little derivative of X Files and Angel but it’s still clever enough to keep watching. I’m on season 4 so far.

Lea

I’m giving her all I got, contrapangloss!

weirwoodtreehugger

Er, I mean lukewarm. WTF was that typo?

dustedeste
dustedeste

@Lea:

Oh, I know the show’s the media equivalant of the junkiest of junk food, but I’m hardly below buying a handful of 33-cent candy bars at the dollar store and eating them all at once, so why not love an awful show, too? It has dragged along rather, in parts, though. And I’m still SO MAD they fridged Kevin.

And yes, Bloodlines looks like it’s gonna be a failure of a show, and tbh I feel like I already watched that particular failure of a show when my parents got really into Grimm for a while.

@Kim:

I’m a chronic completeist, so I’d say JUST POWER THROUGH IT, but I don’t actually remember if there’s anything important. Then again, I kinda enjoyed the campiness of the first season, so… I have no taste 😛

@Leykis 101 Graduate:

Lol, go fuck yourself, asshole. None of us owe you – or anyone else – that.

Christ, it’s like whac-a-mole these days.