a voice for men antifeminism antifeminist women attention seeking boner rage creepy elliot rodger empathy deficit entitled babies entitlement evil sexy ladies evil women grandiosity heartiste imaginary oppression incel irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA narcissism PUA PUAhate racism

Heartiste takes on an "egotistic, attention starved, solipsistic, passive aggressive, perpetually aggrieved … manlet" who somehow isn't him.

elliothate

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive continues! If you haven’t already, please consider sending some bucks my way. (And don’t worry that the PayPal page says Man Boobz.)

Thanks! (And thanks again to all who’ve already donated.) Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

Well, the great minds of the manosphere have been going into overdrive trying to explain away the fact that a man who had a lot in common with them, ideology-wise, murdered six innocent people on Friday as part of a “Day of Retribution” that he had hoped would involve a lot more dead bodies, particularly of the blonde, female variety.

We had noted cultural commenter JudgyBitch (Janet Bloomfield) looking at Elliot Rodger, a man who wrote a 140-page manifesto detailing his hatred of women and girls, a manifesto that contained the following paragraph:

.. and which ended with a fantasy of putting all the women in the world in concentration camps and starving them to death, while Rodger took a position in a giant tower built just for him “where I can oversee the entire concentration camp and gleefully watch them all die,” and suggesting that Rodger wasn’t actually a misogynist, because he wasn’t able to get into the sorority and murder all the “blonde sluts” he had hoped to murder and so ended up killing more men than women.

We had pickup guru and sometime date rapist Roosh Val looking at that same fellow, a young man who decided that all the women in the world deserved to die because no hot blondes came up and threw themselves at him while he wandered around campus talking to no one, and deciding that “game” would have saved his life and the life of his victims.

And we had Dr. Helen trying her best to insinuate that feminists were to blame for Rodger’s murders in California because a small group of feminists blocked a lecture by a Men’s Rights celebrity in Toronto and therefore prevented Rodger from getting the proper psychiatric care he needed, even though he had been seeing psychiatrists for years as well as a string of counselors in his final days.

But we still haven’t’ heard from the master of PUA purple prose, the Heartiste formerly known as Roissy. What the heck does he think about poor dead murderer Elliot Rodger?

Well, he has answered that question at last. According to Heartiste, the fallen Rodger was a repressed gay “social retard” who was also possibly a hetero incel beta male member of an omega male brothel. Plus some other stuff. I guess I should let Heartiste explain, because there’s no way to summarize his particular brand of fragrant prose poop.

First, teh gay:

Rodger pings some operational gaydars. There’s his plush gay face. There’s the “try-hard” nature of his manifesto, which reads less like a compendium of genuine pain than a B-movie script of what he’d think a guy with girl troubles would write. … And his narcissism; if you haven’t seen by now, Rodger had a stream of attention whoring pouty-lipped Facebook selfies that would make a dancing bar slut blush.

Setting aside the unproved gay hypothesis, Heartiste considers Rodger’s life as an incel – or “involuntary celibate.”

From what I can glean, Elliot Rodger failed with women because he was a social retard. That’s pretty much all there is to it. … He thought that “putting himself out there” with girls was sitting on a park bench like Aqualung. That making a serious move on a girl was quickly muttering “hi” as he stumbled past her, later delirious with rage that she didn’t reciprocate with an equally prompt blowjob. That bumping into an Asian dude talking to a cute chick, and glaring at them with his twisted angry face, was acting “cocky and arrogant”. That his effeminate passivity and lack of proactive engagement with women was evidence that they were “ignoring” him.

Actually, Heartiste sort of has a point here: Rodger seems to have literally never approached a single woman. His idea of courtship was to put on designer clothes and wander around outside, hoping that some lovely blonde gal would take a fancy to him and invite herself to be his girlfriend.

Heartiste, like Roosh, thinks that “game” could have saved Rodger, but only if he had been gotten to earlier. Alas, Heartiste notes, Rodger turned not to PUA but to the website PUAhate.

Which brings us to PUAHate … It’s not a forum for failed pickup artists as some male feminists licking the taint of their femcunt overwhores will want you to believe. It’s a hangout for socially awkward losers who desperately want to blame their failings with women on their sub-Pitt looks instead of on their awful social calibration and their inability to say two words to a girl without filling their Pokemon underoos.

Again, Heartiste is partly right. No, not that bit about the femcunt overwhores and the fellows in their underwears. That other stuff. PUAhate is indeed a cesspit. While there are some people on the site legitimately interested in exposing PUA fraud, they’re outnumbered by angry incels and misogynistic trolls.

No sense ignoring the race angle.

Oh dear. Given that Heartiste is basically a genteel Nazi and Rodger was half-white, half-Asian, this isn’t going to be pretty.

Mixed race people are more likely to have psychological disorders. And Asian men are especially susceptible to dating market lockouts. Throw in the cauldron a stew of vibrant proximate diversity and it’s a surprise suppressed racial/sexual rage doesn’t boil over more often.

Ok, that wasn’t quite as awful as I expected, though I’m pretty sure Heartiste’s reference to “vibrant proximate diversity” is basically just his way of suggesting that segregation is preferable to a society in which different ethnic groups actually come into contact with one another on a regular basis.

Heartiste decides to end by suggesting that the “effeminate” Rodger may be a sign of things to come:

The title of this post is a broad indictment of this infantile Millennial generation, which daily provides evidence that their ranks are filled with effeminate males who, like women, expect the world to cater their needs, no questions asked, no demands made. Elliot Rodger couldn’t stand how unfaaaair girls were to date uglier men than himself, how unfair life was that his car and clothes weren’t a magnet for hot white sorority chicks, how unfair the cosmic laws were to require of him a little bit of effort if he wanted to put an end to his virginity.

Egotistic, attention starved, solipsistic, passive aggressive, perpetually aggrieved, and unwilling to change when posing as a martyr feels so damn good… there’s your new American manlet, same as your new American woman.

Wait, run that first part by me again?

Heartiste has just described the typical manospehrian, to a t.

Conservative Girl
Conservative Girl

I am probably more fascinated with the women who align themselves with the MRAs, than I am the MRAs themselves. I saw a video of of Girl Writes What, Judgy Bitch, and another woman, Dr. somebody, both talking with Paul Elam. All three of them were gushing, self-conscious women in his presence. I found that and their body language, which supported their insecurity and submissiveness to him fascinating. I also saw an interview with Girl Writes What on the campus of a Canadian university…..again…..her body language and she stood, not sitting, in a defensive posture with her legs crossed was very revealing to me. Perhaps these women are not as strong or strident as they might wish us to believe.

Andrea Harris (@SpinsterAndCat)

…his plush gay face

The dude couldn’t help his face, ffs. But “gay face” is one of Heartiste’s things — he says there’s a specific sort of “face” gay men have. Don’t ask me, I don’t get it either.

OK, I admit I lolled, that’s a good zinger. But as for the rest… Sigh. Standard washed up male refuses to examine himself, his life, and his choices. Lather, rinse, repeat. When will these brohats get another song?

alysonmiers

“femcunt overwhores”
Oh, that Heartiste is such a card!

Howard Bannister

…but how would that even…?

weirwoodtreehugger

Do 35 year old books need spoiler alerts?

Anyway, he murders several people in order to join an evil Satan like entity essentially because Fran rejected him and got together with Stu. He also left a rageful diary detailing his desire to kill them for it. He used expressions like “every dog has its day.” They’re pretty much the same person.

Creepy.

On a positive not, I was watching MSNBC earlier and both Ronan Farrow and Joy Reid discussed Rodger’s misogyny instead of focusing solely on the mental health aspect. Farrow even stressed that it was offensive to suggest that Asperger’s causes violent behavior or misogyny. Yay!

mildlymagnificent

Well, that’s one down. Only a couple of millions more to go.

(How many journalists, commentators and “experts” are there, anyway?)

As for the OP. There are no words.

Lady Ballsnip
Lady Ballsnip

I’m being serious:

This whole shooting thing has triggered a really ‘down’ mood. I find it so so horrible. But what makes it worse is that some people even understand him!

I have AS myself and I don’t understand this dude at all. I don’t think that it’s his condition at all, it’s his attitude. THAT’s what makes the difference between people. I know many AS people and it proved to be true time and time again. It’s the personality, not the disorder. Met some really compassionate people there. And more things have been going on with this guy, to say the least.

But it’s not that I hate being associated with this guy. It’s the nastiness, and how MRA/PUA-like people respond. How can you *ever* understand someone who actually takes human lives…. because he feels he doesn’t get enough sex? What the fuck is wrong with you? How can you EVER equate that? Yet I hear it all around. ”Yeah it’s frustrating” etc…. it makes me literally nauseous. No joke. It gives me a horrible feeling.

What also disgusts me is the fact that I heard people around me say that ”if only had he gotten a date”. Seriously? I would never ever introduce anyone to the guy who made those videos, that’s extremely inappropriate, I wouldn’t even without the news of the killing. (had I known him) It’s GOOD that he died a virgin, yet people think that he’d be ‘cured’ if he just had sex? And they explain that away by saying that that’s how you become if you never have a date or sex… At the *very very best* this dude would’ve been a manipulative extremely horrible controlling person with a girl. At the worst a serial killer. Yet, he should’ve just dated? And that girl would be fine? Or don’t we care at all about her as she’s hypothetical and has no face?

Mustn’t think of it all too much….

I contacted a psychologist. I did it anyway to deal with my low self-esteem which was a low priority project anyway (nothing acute) but somehow this awful news of the shooting really hit me. And not just the news, but also these responses.

Something is wrong with me.

Suzy
Suzy

Of course it was “game”! Of course they want nothing to do with a mass murderer even though Heartistuuhhh’s post is full of all the things Roger’s delusional brain was infested with.

Misogyny – check
racism – check
homophobia – check
white male entitlement – check

There are still people, even “feminists” and “egalitarians”, trying to act apologetic and act as though he was oppressed.

My heart goes out to everybody affected by this tragedy. 🙁

Lady Ballsnip
Lady Ballsnip

Suzy: Apparently he never really approached women and just expected blonde ‘hotties’ to magically drop on his lap, horny. I think he also suggested something like that in his last video. He probably saw ”attraction” as ”throws herself at me just like that”.

Maybe I’m behind on info, though 😉

Now PUA’s claim that he should just’ve learned ‘game’.

Wetherby
Wetherby

As I pointed out on another thread, another misogynist “incel” blogger who I shall refer to as GGG (because he Googles himself obsessively and to say he’s not welcome here is putting it mildly) finally lost his virginity at 24 – indeed, thereafter he had quite a few sexual partners. But if anything he’s got worse: he was last seen ranting and raving about how women should be denied the vote, expressing loathing for one of his regular partners and making it clear that he was only interested in her vagina, etc. etc. etc.

So I suspect you’re absolutely right.

Black Linen Sheets
Black Linen Sheets

You don’t get it. That first part about the concentration camp is a reference to the panopticon. Our society is a panopticon and people like basically everyone mentioned in this article including the author should think about how they are themselves policing and snitching on guys like this everytime a woman expresses the slightest bit of interest.

What happened? Was prosecuting your sexual assaulter less important than a shiny new blogger career with a non disclosure clause?

Sellout.

carriekube1
carriekube1

Did you check out how Glenn Beck is already twisting this to his own ends (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgG9CrVAWGA) and how it relates to how evil Teddy Roosevelt is. As well some stuff on eugenics.

hellkell
hellkell

What the fuck to the first part, and lawls no to the second.

WWTH: The entire MRM reminds me of Harold in The Stand.

hellkell
hellkell

Black Linen Sheets: What the fuck are you even on about?

cloudiah

wat

WAT

Sellout.

okay

leftwingfox

WHAAARGARBLE

What the hell was that?

Wetherby
Wetherby

There are plenty of citations of Star Wars, Game of Thrones and World of Warcraft in Rodger’s screed, but none at all of Jeremy Bentham, or indeed any evidence of broader cultural interests than those already itemised. So you’ll forgive my skepticism.

leftwingfox

Blockquote mammoth apparently doesn’t like the “cite” property.

cloudiah

@leftwingfox, WHAARGARBLE was actually a pretty good TL;DR of black linen sheets’ comment, if that’s what you were going for. XD

fromafar2013

Wait, what?

Is that trying to say that people looking out for each other by warning each other about other people they know being past abusers/rapists so no one accidentally winds up as their next victim is a… bad thing?

hellkell
hellkell

this everytime a woman expresses the slightest bit of interest.

In Rodger’s head, the problem was that no women were showing interest.

Stevie
Stevie

Fromafar2013

Congratulations! I think you’ve managed to extract the horrible truth from the rotting mass of verbiage.

On the other hand, I would probably have preferred the bliss of ignorance…

DataWeasel

To whom it may concern,

If BLS is found, please return. Our village is required to keep at least one idiot at any given time.

Stevie
Stevie

Lady Ballsnip

I’m sorry this has whacked you so strongly; I hope that lots of chocolate, or whatever takes the place of chocolate in your comfort zone, will help you until you see your psychologist. There are also some really lovely things on the semi open happy thread; discretion is the better part of valour when it comes to dealing with people like Rodgers and his enablers…

seraph4377

Wetherby – I must have missed those other threads. Are we talking about a certain college-age troll who haunted this site for several years, pretended to “reform” several times, and won troll of the year for successfully hiding behind a fake handle for a whole year?

CorgiTime
CorgiTime

“Mixed race people are more likely to have psychological disorders. And Asian men are especially susceptible to dating market lockouts.”

Fuck this noise.

Recently, my korean american boyfriend and I (a ginger caucasian) had a serious talk about our future and came to agree that years down the road, once we are married, settled down, and everything how’d like to have a child together.

Of course when I mentioned this in passing during a conversation at a party, some asshole has to say shit like, “Mixed race kids have health problems” and “But your kid won’t look like you” and “He won’t know where he comes from!!!!11!” and “If you have a son, he’ll look asian and he won’t get dates” which is all a bunch of bullshit. Plus it’s pretty rude to trash someone’s life plans with their loved one. Seriously, what kind of jerk shits on the plans of two responsible adults to have a kid?

As for psychological problems… Considering that the majority of serial killers in the US are white males, I don’t think that’s a great claim to make.

bodycrimes

I found the comment thread at Heartise enlightening – in a sad and troubling way. Some of the commenters open up about what it’s like to be a male virgin into their 20s, or how they went for years without sex and how they felt they’d failed as men. They understood why Rodger didn’t just go to a prostitute – what they wanted, and they presumed he wanted, was validation from a girl. They wanted a girl to hold hands with and go to the park with. They wanted romance.

But what troubled me greatly was how they resolved their sexual dilemmas – they learned to cut off their romantic feelings about women. ‘Game’ taught them that all women are basically brainless whores who are only good for f**king and if you learn the right tricks, you can get a girl to spread her legs. And if she won’t, doesn’t matter, because it’s on to the next one. They are now on a mission to teach all young guys this philosophy.

Wetherby
Wetherby

No, we’re talking about a certain slightly older than college-age troll who made a very brief appearance here, squicked everyone out to an extent that I’ve rarely seen, got banned very quickly, and then started his own blog in order to promote his decidedly peculiar worldview.

He’s probably most notorious for allegedly begging his own mother for a pity fuck, a request that was inexplicably turned down – and that seems to have at least partly fuelled his viciously misogynist worldview. (He regards his parents as “murderers” for failing to facilitate the loss of his virginity.)

leftwingfox

Cloudiah: Yep. Bockquote mammoth squashed the joke flat, I’m afraid. 🙂

bodycrimes: Exactly! PUA sites encourage the misogyny, hatred and selfish narcissism that turns sad teens into scary men.

I_Roll_Paladin
I_Roll_Paladin

Hey guys, MRA here again. Please sign the petition to have us declared a terrorist group. No, this isn’t a joke and it only takes a second.

Ally S

-______________________________________-

cloudiah

Why do you want us to sign that petition, I_Roll_Paladin? We’re not likely so sign something just because some anonymous MRA tells us we should.

hellkell
hellkell

Why would you want your movement declared as a terrorist group? There’s no tax breaks in that, you know.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I just looked at that petition – it’s a mess. No, thanks.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

“Women are like a plague. They don’t deserve to have any rights. Their wickedness must be contained in order prevent future generations from falling to degeneracy. Women are vicious, evil, barbaric animals, and they need to be treated as such.”

‘Smart’ people: well… Whatever it is it can’t be misogny lets just say that it was a mental condition

Me: ‘eye twitch’ I know people with mental conditions and they are some of the most sweetest people ever PLEASE don’t lump them together with someone who murdered a group of people! Now I want to throw my ipad across the room and scream in a pillow!

“Rodger pings some operational gaydars. There’s his plush gay face. There’s the “try-hard” nature of his manifesto, … And his narcissism.”

I know a few homosexuals and they are not like that at all. I don’t think this guy has even met a homosexual before. And exactly what is a ‘plush gay face’?

fromafar2013

And Asian men are especially susceptible to dating market lockouts.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

“I’m tempted to spam the thread with pictures of famous male J-Pop and K-Pop artists that have legions of screaming western female fans, but I won’t.”

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Auggziliary, lol thanks those are kinda creepy but I do like the kiwi, baby, dog, donut and kitty pillows!

weirwoodtreehugger

Gawker actually did a good post about people’s refusal to see this as a crime motivated by misogyny. The comment section is full of headdesk moments though.

Palomar

“This is sort of tangential but I’ve been racking my brain, trying to figure out who Eliot Rodgers reminded me of. It’s Harold from Stephen King’s The Stand.”

You’re so right. The amount of things they have in common is eerie.

seraph4377

@ wetherby – ah. I don’t remember the name, but I do remember someone like that. Yes, you are wise not to summon him back.

brooked
brooked

@Corgitime

Wow, you should go to different parties. Tell these assholes that you two are going to leave inbreeding and pseudo-science stupidity to the racist morons. Your kid will rock, especially if their not friends with children of people who say baseless racist jibber jabber about mixed-race kids.

“2010 Census Shows Multiple-Race Population Grew Faster Than Single-Race Population”

Aka “Dear Racist Assholes, Welcome to the Future of America”

brooked
brooked

No, that is in fact is a joke. Not a funny one, but definitely a joke.

Doug
Doug

“Some of the commenters open up about what it’s like to be a male virgin into their 20s, or how they went for years without sex and how they felt they’d failed as men. They understood why Rodger didn’t just go to a prostitute – what they wanted, and they presumed he wanted, was validation from a girl. They wanted a girl to hold hands with and go to the park with. They wanted romance.”

I agree that the validation is why a prostitute wouldn’t have helped Rodger. And, while I think a lot of guys really just want to hold hands and go to the park with a girl, I’m not entirely convinced this was Rodger’s longing — maybe it once was, I don’t know. But my sense is that women were just a way for him to keep score against other men.

What I think would be helpful for a lot of men to understand (women too probably) is that sex and love aren’t earned. Can’t be earned. They are a matter of grace from the other person. And, because they can’t be earned, whether you are getting sex or love is not a reliable signifier of your value as a human being and aren’t a metric by which one person should be compared to another.

We all want to be loved, and most of us want sex. But our relationship to those things would probably be a lot healthier if our sense of self-worth weren’t intertwined.

moldybrehd

THIS.

I’m going to bookmark this page just so I can find this again.

Robert
Robert

The myths about mixed race people date back generations. At one time, anthropologists believed that ‘pure bred’ humans were biologically superior. The discovery of hybrid vigor disproved this hypothesis; some people have yet to get the memo.

Also, ‘plush gay face’ sounds adorable. Certainly more appealing than Heartiste.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

3rd-ing Doug’s point that moldybrehd quoted. “Grace” is a perfect concept in this context; this also articulates why the whole “sexual marketplace” metaphor is bullshit.

That also gets at what I find so disturbing about the manosphere response. In saying “if only he had game he could have gotten laid” or “it’s oppressive to men that women don’t give them sex,” they’re buying into and reenforcing the idea that men’s worth is predicated on racking up bedpost notches. Or, the corollary, that only “worthy” people deserve sex. Which is disturbing, because that’s what formed a big part of Rodger’s ideology.

kittehserf

“Plush gay face” sounds like a cat beard or dog beard.

drst
drst

You know, I’m the first to get annoyed with millenials for lacking coping skills. When I was teaching I repeatedly saw them struggling to figure out how to do things for themselves, and not having been given a good grounding in a lot of basics like grammar and so on. And I get that it’s not entirely their fault but largely a problem of how they were taught in school.

But I’m really tired of people talking about millenials being spoiled and handed everything. They have some skills issues, possibly, but given the unemployment rate, the ridiculous costs of housing, medical care and the rising costs of food, not to mention their Herculean student loan debt, anyone who calls them “spoiled” because they have iPhones and take selfies is a fucking idiot.

1 2 3 9