off topic open thread

Open Thread for Personal Stuff: Very Belated May 2014 Edition

Le chien, so chic
Le chien, so chic

An open thread for personal stuff, continuing from here.

As usual for these threads: no trolls, no arguments.

Ally S

Oh nice, NOAA’s hazardous weather outlook for our area says that there is a chance of rapid snow melt and slow-moving thunderstorms producing heavy rain.

You know what that means? Potential localized flooding. In addition to a non-negligible threat of tornadoes tomorrow. I seriously hate my life.

weirwoodtreehugger

I like the notion that you don’t have to love your body and have a good body image to be a worthwhile person. Of course, if someone has a positive body image (whatever their shape is) that’s great. But I’ve always had a negative body image, even as a kid and I don’t think it will ever change. It’s just something I’ve learned to live with. It should be enough that for the most part I don’t practice disordered eating anymore. Asking me to love the way my body looks is too much damn pressure.

weirwoodtreehugger

Thanks LBT.

LBT
LBT

RE: WWTH

I hear that. I’m twenty-six and am only just now starting to feel good about myself. It’s an unexpected bonus, but had I been unable to, I figure there are worse things.

kittehserf

@Boogerghost – glad you had a good visit to Melbourne! Do you live in Oz?

Damn, I can relate about study. I never did come up with something I could do (not that we had the $$ to make it feasible anyway).

@Sam-I-Was – AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I saw a Mr K clone once, way back in the 80s. Terrible embarassing, I couldn’t stop staring. Luckily his attention was all on his partner and their baby!

@Lea –

Elyse Anders at Skepchick had a great article about how it’s OK not to love your body. It’s your body and you don’t have to feel a certain way about it. She’s a cancer survivor who runs marathons. She’s lost all kinds of weight and she doesn’t think her butt is fantastic. She isn’t ashamed of it either. I like her point of view. If beauty is important to someone, I think that’s fine. They should go for it and be as beautiful as they wanna be. I don’t think we all need to be or feel beautiful to matter.

I must read this. The whole “love your body” bit seems an exaggerated line to me – love in my mind is a strong emotion and implies more time spent thinking about something than I’d want to spend on my body. Being content with my body or just not thinking about aches and pains suits me fine. Love is for other persons, two-legged or four. Sir loves my body, that’s enough for me. I’ve only been pretty much content with it since we got together – seven years out of fifty. It’s a nice change.

@Ken L – oh good, another Springsteen fan! 🙂

@LBT – I’m picturing you listening to a Springsteen album and thinking “The Boss reminds me of someone, who is it?” 😉

Now, brain bleach!

Fribby napping in her favourite spot.

Maddie “This bowl is so empty I can’t even bear to look at it!”

kittehserf

Drat. The paragraph about Elyse Sanders should have been blockquoted. Has the Blockquote Mammoth had its fill at last?

Ken L.
Ken L.

@kittehserf

it just hit me like a ton of bricks your icon. it’s the Boss. I thought looking at your blog it might be either that or Mandy Patikin in Princess bride. also gotta say not a cat person but Fribby pic is very cute.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Hi, everyone! Congrats, inurashii! I’m back from New Orleans, which is home to some very funky smells. I’m nowhere near caught up, and will probably be mostly lurking for the next couple of months while I re-re-design my life again. And still work my overloaded day job, so I can afford to re-re-design my life.

I’m actually not all the way home, but Edmonton is showing signs of green leaf, which is lovely. I expect Spring to unfurl in the next couple of weeks, and then I can soak in the balsam. Love Spring (sniff sniff inhale Ahhhh!).

At some point in the last year, I came across this tumblr by an autistic young man (or possibly a few of them, I’m not sure). http://theconcealedweapon.tumblr.com

In fact, I probably found it here. Anyway, I highly recommend it. My nephew has Aspergers, and this tumblr has corrected a LOT of my misconceptions. Also, they have no love for TERFS, MRAs, misogynists, or assholes in general.

News for me: I cannot eat fresh corn. Bad in that I love corn, but good in that now I KNOW what’s been causing my bathroom emergencies after eating out… Friggin’ digestive system.

kittehserf

Ken – LOL the power! Yeah, my sister asked me a while back if I realised Mr K and the Boss look very much alike. I hadn’t (this was before I’d really looked at Bruce’s pics; I didn’t have any of his albums then) and when I did look – yup, she was right. It doesn’t take much photoshopping to make his features very much like Mr K’s, and I’ve got heaps of portraits done that way now. Given I can’t take snaps of Mr K, doing it this way was a real find.

This is a then-and-now; the painting is Louis XIII Crowned by Victory, by Philippe de Champaigne, from around 1635.

Eyeballing Mandy Patinkin is one of my chief joys in watching Princess Bride. Oh, and the duel where he and Westley are talking about real Renaissance sword-masters.

Thanks about Fribs! She did look very cute lying like that. I’m glad she didn’t do the wake-up-and-move thing kitties usually do when someone picks up a camera. 😛

Ally S

[CN: severe weather, death of animals]
The weather forecast just seems to be getting worse. I really hope the update brings good news, but so far the weather outlook for our part of Colorado is really scary (capitalization is from the NWS website, not me):

NUMEROUS SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL LIKELY DEVELOP ACROSS NORTHEAST
COLORADO THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO THE EVENING. LARGE AND
DESTRUCTIVE HAIL…TORNADOES…DAMAGING WINDS…AND LOCALLY HEAVY
RAINFALL ARE POSSIBLE.

SUFFICIENT INSTABILITY COMBINED WITH STRONG AND DEEP WIND SHEAR
IN THE ATMOSPHERE WILL SET THE STAGE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE
WEATHER. THE STORMS ARE FIRST EXPECTED TO DEVELOP IN THE FOOTHILLS
AND PALMER DIVIDE BETWEEN NOON AND 2 PM…AND THE SPREAD NORTHEAST
INTO THE I-25 URBAN CORRIDOR BY EARLY TO MID AFTERNOON AND THEN
ONTO THE EASTERN PLAINS BY LATE AFTERNOON. BE READY TO TAKE QUICK
ACTION IF WARNINGS ARE ISSUED FOR YOUR LOCATION.

And I’m afraid they don’t seem far off. Outside the air has that super moist, fresh smell characteristic of atmospheric conditions perfect for severe weather. I’ve known this smell ever since I was a little kid. It is an instant trigger for me. It’s only 6:30 AM right now and I already feel like our lives are in danger. I can’t think straight, I completely lack any appetite, and I feel my stomach churning. All I want to do today is just sit in my bed and pretend I’m in a different world. This is a nightmare.

We can’t afford to have damaging weather hit our area even if we do survive (and we probably will survive). There is so much at stake: our cats, our dog, all of the 265 trees we just planted three weeks ago, the plants in the greenhouse, and so much more. Any substantial damage will be a disaster for us because we are already in a financially tight situation.

In addition, there’s a chance that, if a tornado or a large hailstorm hits us, we won’t have time to bring in the cats. The dog will come in immediately because she comes when she’s called, but not the cats. If the cats stay outside during such weather, they will most likely die unless they are lucky enough to find shelter on their own. Golf-ball-sized hail doesn’t typically injure adult human beings, but it will probably severely harm the pets if it hits them.

If there are any good/warm thoughts, prayers, etc. you can send our way, we would all really appreciate it.

Luzbelitx

@Ally, lots of good vibes and love to you! I hope you all (trees included) make it through ok.

As for me, my lawyer just called and confirmed my daughter’s father receive the court notification, so there’s reasonable hope of having an actual audience (and even more hopefully, an agreement) next week.

@Ally

Sending good thoughts your way. I hope you stay safe.

weirwoodtreehugger

Ally,

I’m sorry to hear you might get severe weather. If it makes you feel better, I do believe animals can sense impending dangerous weather. Darrow is normally one of those rare cats who is rarely afraid of anything. Last year, he was sitting in the window and suddenly bolted from it and headed to a location in the apt. that was not near a window. Five minutes later we suddenly got a very severe storm.

Content note: I’m going to describe the storm. Just a warning in case you want to skip the rest of this paragraph. The storm formed really suddenly. I had no idea it was coming. There wasn’t a lot of thunder. It was really strong wind and a lot of trees were knocked over and branches were breaking off and flying around. It was scary and obviously unsafe by the windows.

Somehow he knew it was coming. Dracarys too hid under the bed and she usually isn’t bothered by storms either. I do think cats are very good at knowing when they need shelter. Is it possible to keep them inside all day if it will set your mind at ease?

Ally S

Thanks, everyone. I just got the cats in. I feel bad for putting them in the office, but at least they’ll be safe there. They also happen to be close to the tornado shelter area of our choice in the house, so if there’s a tornado we can easily grab them quickly.

girlscientist
girlscientist

@LBT: Sorry to hear about the lack of funds and your parents’ conspicuous spending. I sent you a few bucks – I’m not using them, and I hope they can make a difference for you.

I’m having a bad, unproductive day today. The weather is beautiful, yesterday I finished writing a poem for the first time since 1997, and I finished writing the responses to the reviewer comments for the paper of doom. But I’m stuck feeling miserable because of my estranged BFF, whose abusive S.O. forced her to more or less cut me off. From what little I know bout her life for the last two years, she’s done her best to get a stable job and to make friends outside of her GF’s sphere of influence, and she’s succeded, because she’s awesome like that. But while my BFF’s life was in turmoil, her GF decided to have child (and looking back to how my friend was doing at the time, I’m pretty sure my BFF didn’t *want* a child, at least at that time, and the whole pregnancy thing has definitely thrown a wrench in her wishes for her career). My BFF’s parents divorced when she was very little, and she’s always felt that her father had abandoned her. I think her GF more or less had the child in order to nail my friend in the relationship, and I’m afraid that she’s blackmailing my friend into feeling obligated to stay with her for the sake of the child.

I don’t have definitive proof that my friend is being abused. Only circumstancial evidence, like the fact that when I confronted her she got angry and told me to mind my own business (I figured it out *just* as her GF must have gotten pregnant, so my timing was probably not the best, not to mention that I was really clumsy about it).
I met her GF once, and she exhibited what I thought were a number of red flags: she made a few remarks that seemed like microagressions to me (she criticized my friend’s mother in front of my friend and me, she said that my friend’s taste in TV shows was “pathetic” and made a comment about my friend’s relationship to her father’s new family which seemed so hurtful it left me speechless… all that with a smile on her face). At one point in the conversation I made a self-deprecating joke and she mocked me (it was almost like she couldn’t help herself). She seemed incredibly self-satisfied for no discernable reason, and flat-out admitted that she was reading all the text messages I sent my friend. Later, after my friend had stopped responding to my texts, I found her GF’s old blog, on which she had flat out doxxed my friend.
And then there’s my friend’s behaviour, which was so weird: she never invited me to hang out and always had an excuse when I invited her, and yet at work she seemed to really enjoy every occasion to hang out with me. She had a weirdly low self-esteem for someone who claimed to be in a happy long-term relationship. Once, she injured her back, and she said she “must have fallen while roller-skating.” She was always very good about seeing a doctor whenever she didn’t feel well, but she had this lingering cough (which lasted *months*) which she refused to see a doctor for. And once, I put my hand on her shoulder, and she hissed, like I was burning her. And there was the whole friendship dynamic between her and me, which was just really bizarre.

I haven’t given up on my friend. We don’t communicate much these days, but I send her an e-mail about once a month with a funny link so that she knows there’s someone who loves her. I read all the books on domestic violence I can put my hands on in order to get a clearer picture of what’s going on with her. And I try to make myself as strong as possible to that, if she needs me, I can be there for her. But damn, there are days when it’s hard, and today is one of those days.

Sorry for the tl;dr, but I needed to get it out. Thanks, David, for putting these threads out. You’re the best!

cloudiah

Ally, glad you got the cats in. Thinking all kinds of positive/good thoughts in your general direction.

girlscientist, I think you are doing exactly what you need to do to be there for your friend. If/when she needs help, she will know you are there for her.

@girlscientist

Sending good thoughts for you and your friend. It sounds like you’re doing all you can.

girlscientist
girlscientist

@cloudiah, marie: Thanks! It’s just that some days I really miss her and that’s really difficult. I’ve gotten much better at trusting her, but some days I feel helpless and I lash out at her inside my head, which is unhelpful. Thank goodness the berating stays *inside* my head.

LBT
LBT

RE: girlscientist

They have, thank you! Would you like to put it to a story? If you don’t have a preference, I’ll just push it to the Thing in the Drain, which is the current story in funding.

Ally: Oh, wow, stay safe! I know tornadoes are your absolute least favorite thing.

Winter Walker

@Ally: My apologies for that specific use of language. I meant absolutely no offense to anyone. My pal refers to herself as a dyke, and wears the term with pride. I’m so used to it being a non-issue in my very queer circle of friends that I sometimes forget that words like “fag” and “dyke” can be hurtful, especially when it’s my BFF talking. I’ve heard her squeal “I am such a fucking dyke!” so often that the word often doesn’t register as anything but a synonym for lesbian.

I totally understand your sensitivity. From all I’ve witnessed and heard from various trans friends, it seems that transitioning is one of the most difficult things a person can do, and most of society will not support them. Our “Privilege Olympics” are only ever silly talks between close friends who all have a lot of respect for each other, in a safe space where we can let our tongues flap as stupidly as they want to. Which, in hindsight, might not make for the best material to post publicly. I was only thinking from the point of view of the participants, who usually end up almost wetting ourselves with laughter. We’ve all had the serious discussions about privilege, othering, and all the ways the world can shit on a person, and sometimes the need is felt to toss our good behaviour out the window and let off steam. Again, no offense was ever intended, and I’m sorry if my wording came off as too glib. Another issue might be that we live in one of the most queer-friendly cities in the world, and thus don’t experience as much abuse as we have, or would elsewhere, and so we forget ourselves. One more apology, okay? I feel like a real shit now, and I’m very sorry.

On a brighter note, I’m glad you got the cats in, and I hope the storm wasn’t too awful! Keeping the kitties safe and happy is always top priority. If anything ever happened to my little fuzzball I’d be crushed.

Aaaaannnnnd, a bit of personal griping to end this post. Allergy season is in full swing. I’m either swelling and leaking from every facial orifice, doped out of my tree on Benedryl, or hiding behind my air filter. Once again, I’m more or less stuck indoors until October. My immune system fucking hates me. I’d hate it back, but a faulty immune system is better than none. Maybe I should just wear a full-face particulate respirator all summer. It might be sweaty and uncomfortable, but what a fashion statement!

girlscientist
girlscientist

@LBT: “The Thing in the Drain” is fine!

Ally S

The entire Front Range is under a tornado watch until this evening – that includes us. Starting to feel dizzy. I can’t handle this. We have everything prepared in case of a tornado but I have an unshakable feeling of dread and powerlessness right now.

@Winter Walker

I get you. Thanks for understanding. 🙂

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

Well, looks like my period of unemployment shall be ending soon; I got a job offer with very nice pay recently. So, things are looking up here. 😀

@breakfastman

Yay! 😀 congrats.

Ally S

Anxiety attack is gone, and it appears that literally all of the severe weather is missing our area. Just barely missing, though – there is a tornado that has touched down in Denver.

@BreakfastMan

Yay for employment! ^_^

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

@Marie
@Ally S

It will be nice to actually have money again, I won’t lie. The job itself isn’t exactly what I wanted when I set out to find a job, but I think it will work and possibly help me get my foot in the door. 🙂

@ally

glad to hear that your anxiety attack is gone and the weather missed you. Yay!

LBT
LBT

RE: BreakfastMan

Woo! Congratulations!

RE: girlscientist

I shall get to work on uploading that chunk of the Thing in the Drain! Stay tuned!

kittehserf

BreakfastMan, yay for employment!

weirwoodtreehugger

I just got back from the Failure reunion concert and it was amazing. They didn’t have an opening band so there was time for them to do two sets and were able to play a significant amount of their catalog. It was such a perfect (day early) birthday present.

One of the nice things about getting older is that the bands I loved as a teenager are now getting back together for reunion tours. Yay!

kittehserf

New picture – a certain man looking pensive, against a stormy sky. (No, it’s not a dark and stormy night.) I had the strongest push to do a picture of him before – not an urge, a push.

Boogerghost
Boogerghost

@kittehserf, No, I unfortunately do not live in Oz. Loved Melbs though. 😀 Would definitely consider living there some day!

@kittehs

Nice pic 😀

kittehserf

Boogerghost, don’t think of moving to Oz until we’ve got rid of this government – it’s busy outdoing the Republicans in victimising the most vulnerable (example: people under thirty will have to wait six months to get unemployment benefit). We’ve also got the most disgusting Prime Minister we’ve ever had. When a caller to talkback radio tells him that a) she’s on the age pension, b) she has terminal illness and c) she has to work on an adult sex line to have enough money to survive, his response is to wink and smirk.

Marie, thanks! 🙂

@kittehs

christ, what an asshole.

grumpycatisagirl

christ, what an asshole.

Yeah, seriously. The guy should be thrown out. Stop contaminating beautiful Australia.

beegee
beegee

@K

I hope I’m just massively projecting here but your post reminds me of where I was 10 years ago and now bf has ruined me financially. He was never good with money, but wanted to be the breadwinner and the big man in the house. Again, I hope I’m really projecting but being financially irresponsible and forcing the partner to pick up the slack can be a sign of possible financial abuse.

With that being said, if his problem is just a resistance to budgeting then I can understand. Not everyone likes to budget, but we all have to live within our means. I found that what worked for me in the past when I managed my own money was an “envelope system” where I seperated the money into catagories as soon as I got it. One of my envelopes was for “spending money”, and I spent as recklessly as I wanted from it, but the catch was that when the money was gone, it was gone, no whining, and no borrowing from other envelopes.

It can be really hard to adjust when you’re first starting out and your “spending money” envelope is practically nil. If he can’t adapt, or if he blames you for all his woes, then you’re better off living on your own until he figures out how to manage his money on his own. He may have to figure this stuff out on his own, please don’t allow him to drag you down with him! You don’t want to be digging yourself out from a relationship-induced hole in your 30s like I am.

Also consider why you’re cohabiting. I’m not making a moral judgement here-I’ve been cohabiting myself for 10 years, but in my personal experience over time cohabiting relationships can be as hard to get out of as marriage is but they don’t always offer all the protection that marriage does. Depending on the local laws co-habiting couples may have to go out of their way to make legal agreements to protect both partners. Again, no judgement, but just something to think about so you can protect yourself. I really wish that someone told me this when I was your age.

Anyway, as for myself, I’ve been working little by little on getting myself set up. Some of the things that I’ve done so far is;

-call a therapist to get emotional support
-ordered a credit report to check out what kind of damage he’s done
-researched on how to get a PO Box so that I can get my bills sent to them so that I KNOW they are being paid on time.
-researched child support laws
-tried to find ways to make some spare money because I have basically NOTHING in savings.

Things that I will be doing this weekend;

-Talking to my father and letting him know that I will be leaving and ask if I can store some of my stuff at his house and whether he could vouche for me in court. Based on past behaviour I don’t expect that my father will be supportive and based on how the laws on cohabitation are here I may loose most my furniture. 🙁

Anyway, you guys have been a huge help to me. Truly, you’re about the only people that have taken me seriously. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ally S

Fellow mammotheers in Colorado: please stay safe. We have been getting golf-ball-sized hail, 60 MPH winds, and tornadoes all over northeastern Colorado. Luckily, our city has avoided the worst of the severe weather, but over the past three days Denver and the eastern adjacent areas have had at least 11 tornado warnings – about half of which were actual touchdowns. On top of all of that, there is a high risk of localized flooding.

Most people seem to be coping with the weather just fine, but for me it’s a nightmare. I almost feel as though the weather is trying to be sadistic towards me. I can’t even walk outside the library to get something to eat right now, even though I’m starving (I haven’t eaten anything today), because I can’t stop thinking “What if my skull gets pummeled with hail? What if a tornado rips the city apart? What if there is another flooding emergency in this city like last year?” X_X

Fuck this phobia. I feel for anyone else who has it because it ruins my entire day once it gets triggered.

grumpycatisagirl

Ugh. Ally, I hope this all over for you sooner rather than later.

Ally S

What also pisses me off is that the forecast over the past 3 days has been alarmist as fuck (“DAMAGING WINDS TORNADOES PING PONG BALL SIZED HAIL AND FLASH FLOODING TODAY”) but NOTHING is hitting us so far. I’m constantly on the edge yet nothing bad is happening, and that’s just making my anxiety worse. It’s eating away at my confidence. I know no one is to blame for this, and I know that Colorado weather is erratic at this time of the year, but I wish things weren’t so plagued by uncertainty.

hrovitnir
hrovitnir

Bah, Ally, that’s not cool at all. I do not have a weather phobia but I can relate because I had a phobia of natural disasters as a child. Phobia/something that resembles that anyway, because it’s gone now. But I was really afraid of earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes and hurricanes. I had nightmares, declared I would never go to countries with those things (only earthquakes are an issue here really) and even as a young adult standing where I could see a dormant volcano made me super uncomfortable.

CN: Minor discussion of sexual assault and abuse, no details.

I really think it’s a lack of control thing. My mother was terribly traumatised by sexual assault and abuse and tried to “save” me by warning me at a young age… I have big issues around sexual assault and anything that pushes those “out of your control” buttons has pretty serious effects. Ticking has given me panic attacks and I have NO sense of humour about tickling at all.

Interestingly we had a series of fairly major earthquakes last year and I wasn’t at all afraid. Not even regular level afraid. And I think *that* is because years and years of my family pushing me until I lost all control, overwhelmed by emotional pain, then make up and start again taught me to eventually be extremely calm in an actual emergency. Asking someone to please not talk about something bigoted? Can result in depressive episode and difficulty leaving the house. Violence? Switch over to preternaturally calm, I can deal.

/CN

I came here to say Marie, I am addicted to your tumblr now. I have about 8 tabs open because I want to share all the awesomeness but can’t flood my Facebook all at once with too many anti-bigotry posts (I mean, that would just be *weird*. I should stick to the insincere “if you love your beautiful daughter” posts. Eugh, I’m so judgemental. :/ )

@Ally

::offers hugs::

@hrovitnir

Wait, you’ve seen my tumblr? You like my tumblr? ::Squees:: 😀

Ally S

Okay, the weather is finally calming down now…thank god.

@hrovitnir

I’ve been scared of volcanoes as well, but not nearly as much as tornadoes. I remember when I was 11 and afraid of Mount St. Helens in Washington state erupting. I thought that, if it erupted, the ash would fall in Colorado and then kill everyone due to its toxicity.

@ally

glad to hear the weather’s calming down.

Ally S

Here’s a radar image loop from the Denver/Boulder NWS radar. I’m in Boulder. These massive storms keep creeping up really close and then start dissipating as soon as they are within a certain distance. X_X

Ally S

Also, hrovitnir, here’s my Tumblr in case you have one and want to follow me: disaffected-dyke.tumblr.com

hrovitnir
hrovitnir

Marie | May 22, 2014 at 6:15 pm
Wait, you’ve seen my tumblr? You like my tumblr? ::Squees:: 😀

😀 You shared adorable ratses, and it was all downhill from there. Uphill? That doesn’t sound better! You have my favourite mix of righteously angry and cool/cute stuff.

I had someone on FB once say they thought I enjoyed being angry. I thought about it and concluded: “kind of? It’s better than being miserable? I seek out people being ANGRY about horrible things because it’s much better than reading everyone else NOT CARE about horrible things.”

@hrovitnir

Oo, yes please. Don’t have a Tumblr but read a bunch of them from bookmarks. I love your writing but I don’t want to pontificate all over your blog so Tumblr ftw.

Tornadoes are awful. Now I am less afraid I feel like they are awful/freaking amazing but still. How do they exist?? My volcano thing came after reading about how nothing can stop lava. At about 6 or 7. Now I also know it’s pretty slow and most people get killed by smoke/ash so yay?

Still have had nightmares in recent years about being trapped and having to walk into lava: thanks brain.

I mostly feel like NO FAIR that you’re being triggered by this shit with everything else. It’s completely and utterly unmalicious but still feels like kicking a dog when she’s down.

@hrovintir

aww thanks ::blushies:: Rats are some of my favorite animals, I’ve kept two pairs over the course of my life, but didn’t get more after my last rat died. She kept going for nearly three years, even though her sister died after one and a half 🙁 But she was adorable and affectionate and a little clumsy, and I miss her dearly. I was afraid if I got more right after she died I’d feel like I was trying to replace her.

Um anyway that got out of hand. But I love rats, and reblog them whenever I see them.

Me too, tbh. I think some of my worst feeling is when I’m just downright apathetic, and even hearing something, I can’t care. It happens most when my depression is super horrible.

But even when I’m not depressed, I find anger a first emotion to many things: family members being dicks, horrible stuff happening, ect. And it took a while to realize that anger was okay, if you aren’t hurting people with it. I spent so long when I was younger feeling like some kind of monster because anger was a ‘first stop’ emotion for me, and I’m glad that’s over.

I got out of hand. But I like righteous anger. Or even not-righteous anger, so long as you aren’t hurting people.