are these guys 12 years old? attention seeking creepy evil old ladies evil sexy ladies evil wives evil women mansplaining marriage strike men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny playing the victim red pill slacktivism YouTube

Actual Video Footage of Man Going His Own Way

If you’ve ever wondered what the carefree, unencumbered-by-women-and-their-cooties life of a true Man Going His Own Way looks like, you’re in luck, as the video above presents ACTUAL FOOTAGE of just this. Apparently, Going Your Own Way looks an awful lot like Hanging Around and Pestering, at least if you’re Vention1MGTOW, a YouTube videoblogger who regularly offers up little glimpses into his awesome life.

In the video above, our hero, in between fits of giggles, gleefully relates how he “trolled” a cutsey YouTube video showing a high school coach who’d gotten his team to help him propose to his girlfriend. Vention1MGTOW did his best to ruin the mood by posting “a few strategic comments” (that is, endless screeds) attacking marriage and women and, well, you know the drill. My favorite line from his comments, which he proudly reads aloud:

I’m sure some old wrinkled up, STD, ex-party party girl would love to move into my home and begin diverting my income for her own use but I don’t really see a benefit for me in that deal.

I hate to break it to you, dude, but I’m pretty sure even the most thoroughly wrinkled-up ex-party girl would rather die alone and unloved than have to put up with you. Hell, I’m pretty sure the only reason your dog (he has a dog) puts up with you is because he has no idea what you’re saying.

If you check out the coach’s video, you can see that a whole swarm of MGTOWers have descended upon the comments. Vention1MGTOW’s comments are actually some of the more polite from that bunch.

Vention1MGTOW – from his choice of snack (ramen noodles) to his, er, casual sense of interior decoration – seems like such a perfect embodiment of MGTOWer stereotypes that it’s hard to believe he’s for real. But he is. He’s got 82 videos up on his YouTube channel detailing his various obsessions: MGTOW, Bitcoins, hugelkultur gardening, doomsday prepping. Oh, and he’s got a Segway.

If the video above merely whetted your appetite for more of Vention1MGTOW’s trolling, here’s a video in which he successfully infiltrates the YouTube comments for an Enya video in order to inform the women there that they’re all going to get old and ugly and no one will want them.

I may have to come back to him again later. He’s a charmer.

Many thanks to the unknown hero on Reddit who brought this fellow to my attention.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Cassandra – tonight’s lovely meal was a southwestern chicken & rice dish, with sweet potato on the side and sliced kiwi for dessert. All simmered in dudebro tears.

And you, did you miserably enjoy a nice meal and cats today?

cassandrakitty

I miserably enjoyed a lovely curry and am now miserably listening to some new music that we sent to me for review. Tomorrow I will miserably hang out in the sunshine at the coffee shop with Mr C, and then miserably watch a movie.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Here are some kitties that love to hug.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I hope you enjoy them, ladies! Muahahaha!

cassandrakitty

So much less satisfying than trolling someone’s engagement announcement while eating your third pot noodle of the day.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I watched that video, enjoyed, and put “Feel bad about self” on tomorrow’s to-do list.

Cassandra, you poor thing. So much misery in store. And all of it so meaningless without the validation of an angry YouTube troll. Enjoy that sunshine, if you’re not too dazed from hitting the wall.

I have no choice tomorrow but to enjoy a bleak Easter dinner among several awesome, fun family members and then grow 20 minutes older and more unlovable as I sit occupying a single chair, watching my twin sons hunt for eggs under a blue spring sky. Later on, a dismal hour of hugs and snuggling and bedtime stories. Somehow I’ll get through it, even though I’m over 25 and have no more reason to exist.

(Sorry the other thread is making you ragey – internet hugs if you want them. People with All The Answers can be tedious.)

cassandrakitty

And now my cat wants a cuddle too. Maybe she’s realized that some day soon she too will hit the wall (because she runs too fast) and she needs comforting?

Life truly is a pit of woe and despair, and me without a single pot noodle in the house.

kittehserf

I’ve just miserably eaten some yummy toast and butter and will now miserably make a cup of tea. I’ve miserably found a nice trenchcoat for much less than I thought I’d have to pay and will wear it on my miserable holiday in Chicago, miserably catching up with miserable friends I haven’t seen for four years. Later I shall probably miserably snooze in front of the heater, assuming my miserable kitties have left any space to do so.

kittehserf

LOL!

There’s a bit in one of The Cat Who where Koko and Yum Yum splat into each other running full tilt round a blind corner. Many kitty lols to be had in those books.

cassandrakitty

I just miserably received the platform chucks that I miserably bought on sale for only $25! They’re a lot more blingy than I expected, which is also making me depressed, because as a feminist I hate bright, sparkly things, especially if they’re purple.

kittehserf

That’s just really miserable, cassandra.

::hands over feminist-approved khaki-coloured tissues::

cassandrakitty

On the plus side, with the help of the platforms I might actually be able to see over the wall.
(Yes, I know that chucks + platforms is totally juvenile even without the bling. Don’t care.)

kittehserf

Juvenile footwear wins over juvenile trolling any day.

Wow, you guys all have such miserable lives. I just miserably made some maple and chocolate glazed donuts and I’m going to miserably share them in the morning.

cassandrakitty

Just in case I was to feel like adding some misery to my life, how hard are donuts to make, for someone who’s too miserable to do much baking in general?

cassandrakitty

Oh, also, tomorrow I will buy some very sad (and religiously themed!) hot cross buns, which we will miserably consume during the movie.

Ooh, miserable hot cross buns. Are you going to suffer through the raisin ones or the ones with citron and lemon glaze?

Cake donuts aren’t any miserably harder than making a cake as long as you’re comfortable deep frying. Yeast donuts are somewhat more miserably difficult, or anyway I always find yeast products to be difficult. Apple fritters are pretty miserably easy. They are the drop cookies of the donut world.

mildlymagnificent

I’ve just miserably polished off the last hot x bun from a packet that we got – for free – from a neighbour. So sad.

contrapangloss

Katz, those sound delicious.

I really, really feel like learning how to bake now, because those sound amazing, and I could do with misery like that.

Right now, I’m miserably enjoying my fantastic– I mean miserable! — couch and eating tasty (oops, miserable) Fettuccine Alfredo. Unfortunately, my apartment doesn’t allow pets, so I lack a cuddly furinatii overlord to make things more awesome… Wait, MISERABLE!

cassandrakitty

These ones have currants AND a glaze. There won’t be any more after Easter, so I’m going to load up on them tomorrow.

Contrapangloss, you should totally learn to bake. It is a completely miserable hobby that you will hate and eating the results will be even more painful. If you were here we could suffer through it together.

kittehserf

We got through two miserable packets of hot cross buns that we got miserably on sale by waiting till the last minute. They were miserable fruit ones with butter melted miserably on top.

I am now miserably having another cup of tea while the Furrinati miserably snore in their baskets/on the windowsill.

Fibinachi

I just spent a good hour weeping bitterly over my plate of bacon wrapped chicken filet, with a side of pasta, personal recipe tomato sauce and chopped up water melon / olive / feta / cherry tomato / greens mix while reading a terrible book that brought me no joy.

So miserable.

kittehserf

I am drooling weeping with envy compassion here, Fibi!

mildlymagnificent

One way or another we seem to have accumulated inordinate quantities of dried fruits and kilos of nuts. So even though hot cross bun season will be over, we’ll have the dreary burden of having to bake our own or make cake type versions with mixed fruits and spices. It’s a miserable struggle at times, but we’re strong. We can do it.

(Right now I have a miserable weakness for those mixtures where you first soak the dried fruit in Earl Grey tea or orange juice.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

All you people are so, so brave.

The miserable hot cross buns I bought yesterday accidentally turned sideways in their miserable shopping bag, causing the icing to miserably “hit the wall” and stick to the top of the box. If they were married this never would have happened. Obviously they must have passed their expiration date.

I guess we’ll have a pity breakfast and eat them anyways.

leatapp
leatapp

Depressions are the worst. I’m sorry you have to deal with that, Viscaria. I know that feel.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants,
Whip up some royal icing and re-cross your buns. No one will ever know. Except us and we’re all ferrets in a David suit.

We got the tomatoes in yesterday. We went for a nice lunch, ran into teachers and friends. The wee ones got haircuts and visited with their biomom. Today we dye eggs, pass out candy and take the kids out to a friend’s farm to look at the baby bunnies. Later in the evening we’ll have cousins, in laws, outlaws etc. over. I’m about to go eat a big breakfast then catch up on Hannibal.
I think I’ll muddle through.

Happy Easter and happy 4/20! Y’all enjoy the day in your own special ways. 🙂

kittehserf

Pity breakfast – I love it.

I suspect that’s what Maddie’s always after when she’s eaten her breakfast but gives us the big sad eyes (or squeezed-up eyes and “mrrrt”) when we’re having ours, because we’re eating and she’s not and she’s only a poor little cat who’s starving and just wants to share a meal.

Bina
Bina

All this misery and suffering is making me giggle. You guys are too much. And where, oh where, has our lonely troll gone? LOL.

cloudiah

I’m making very miserable potatoes au gratin to take to Easter dinner at our little gathering of former neighbors — people that I’ve known since I was a baby.

hellkell
hellkell

I’m going to make the mother of all miserable meatloaves and some miserable goddamn mashed potatoes later. Then I’ll cuddle with the sad-ass cats and miserable Mr and watch some Game of Thrones and Mad Men. I seriously don’t know how I’ll muddle the fuck through this miserable day.

Fibinachi

Woah, hellkell, I am so sorry. That sounds just awful. Just… awful.

fromafar2013

My miserable weekend was spent hiking with my mangina boyfriend* in a horrible state park with our stupid dogs and then slaving away getting the speed boat ready for launch. Today we are having a miserable BBQ with his family for Easter where we will be forced to eat such nasty foods as hot dogs, burgers and potato salad. The worst part? There will be things like Sam Adams summer ale and yuengling there to drink. And I’ll be forced to be nice to people I like.

* a picture of the boyfriend, being a wuss in Italy http://wp.me/a4phJN-2M

Fibinachi

I also extend my apologies to fromafar2013. Along with having what is obviously a terrible boyfriend (What kind of fiend goes hiking with a pet in a park? And spending TIME with a FAMILY on EASTER? My god. Some people, y’know? I just… I just can’t), you are clearly also suffering from an acute case of speed boat-itis.

It’s just sad. Having speed boats. Just sad. All the water gets everywhere.

Disgusting, think of all the nasty things you could do with those extra fruits and nuts. You could make nasty homemade granola. Or just some trail mix to munch while suffering through some miserable nature.

kittehserf

I am weeping at the horror of it all! So much misery, so much suffering.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I’m weeping too, kittehserf, reading all these tales of woe. Why, oh why, do good things happen to good people? The justice of it all…

leatapp – we had a restoration expert (my niece) do some work on the buns and she was able to closely approximate the crosses, using the original icing. Only X-rays would have revealed the alterations.

Then we ate them all sitting around the table together, because misery loves company.

chimisaur
chimisaur

Can I miserably-ly cuddle my dog too? Or is cuddling her merely irksome since she’s not a cat? If it helps, she hits a wall at least once a day (hardwood floors and sliding glass doors are inconvenient for rapidly growing dogzillas), and I am slowly coming to the realization her generosity for the cuddles is entirely ( *gasp* ) optional.

A Dude

Counter-trolled that dipshit and his little toadies. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel with MGTOWs, because little do they know that they are wearing their hearts on their sleeves.

susanbotchie

MGTOWers have to troll. It makes them feel better, because even they go out the house (or mommy’s basement 🙂 sometimes, and can’t help but to notice that older women are respected by their man colleagues. Also, some of these women became wives in their 30s, to successful men. Yep, it happens…my sister, my grandmother (who had a decent job, way back then) my boss’s wife, the senior exec at my old job, my mother-in-law’s sister… All these older women remained picky and remained married to Husbands whom they love. These women made their own money, and had plenty to live on, had they remained single.

Steve Jones
Steve Jones

“I hate to break it to you, dude, but I’m pretty sure even the most thoroughly wrinkled-up ex-party girl would rather die alone and unloved than have to put up with you.”

Works both ways, men can just stay single and still get heaps of sex etc.

titianblue
titianblue

@Steve Jones, yes, of course they can. And your point is?

Michael Martin
Michael Martin

If what you say is true why is the marriage rate less than 50% in the United States now. The divorce rate in California is over 75% (google it).
Money Magazine says that there is a drain of rich men in USA leaving for other countries where the laws are different (not the women). (they are a little better). Women don’t want to be equal in the bottom dirty, danigerous low paying jobs, they only want the high paying jobs. Leach women that gets a high paying job one should take a bottom job included. Why are men the last off the ship when it is sinking, if we are not disposable. (Check cruise ship lines). Why are men hit in all the movies by women & that is OK. Why have men not been relieved of their slave role of being provider in marriage by marriage laws. Women have be relieved if duty to clean & cook. I should be relieved of my slave role of having to work (especially in the legal system). Why do women get custody of the children, & half a mans assets that she did not earn. The USA is full of man hating women & misandry. I don’t see any love here for the men who have worked fought & given their lives for women & children. Worked our guts out to give you money & a good life, died for you in war so you couid live free. We are not appreciated or cared about for what we have done. ALL I SEE IN THIS ARTICLE IS HATE, WHERE IS THE LOVE??????? (Not all MGTOW are poor, Bill Mayer?) many have girlfriends, many wealthy MGTOW, we just don’t spend money on women, we don’t marry or have kids with them, we don’t live with them. Also we have one billion members in India & other countries.

sparky
sparky

Michael Martin: Where is the love, you ask?

Why on earth should I show love to people who think I’m an evil, stupid, manipulative, cowardly, lazy, money-grubbing, less-than-human thing?

I don’t think so, dude.

Take your teal deer and go your own way, already. Nobody’s stopping you.

Marie
Marie

@sparky

So I take it teal dear person was a troll? I’m too unfocused to read that long…thing.

grumpycatisagirl

Wow, the only comprehensible thing about that was that it was terrible.

Leach women that gets a high paying job one should take a bottom job included.

That’s my favorite of all the gibberish.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@Marie, it was the usual MGHOW stuff: “blah blah, how come you can go your own way and I can’t? blah blah, I don’t hate women it’s just that women are terrible, blah blah”. TBH I didn’t even read the whole thing.

hellkell
hellkell

Michael: this is why we think MGTOW are a joke, because you won’t fucking leave. Seriously, go your own woman-hating way, just GO.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Whoops, got my MGTOW necrotrolls confused. Shocking, I know.

sparky
sparky

Marie: Yeah, what emilygoddess said. Standard tripe about men dying in the mines and going down with ships because “women and children first.”

The MGTOW necro-trolls are coming out of the woodwork today. There’s another on this thread:

What is up with this?