a woman is always to blame antifeminism evil sexy ladies go read this homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA rape culture the myth of warren farrell

Check out the “Farrell’s Follies” series of posts on Reddit

Warren Farrell: Full of terrible ideas
Warren Farrell: His ideas are as bad as that logo

Today, just a recommendation: if you’d like to learn more about the wrongheaded and often quite bewildering opinions of Men’s Rights grandpappy Warren Farrell, take a look at the excellent Farrell’s Follies series now being posted on the AgainstMensRights subreddit. The Redditor known as feminista_throwaway has been systematically going through Farrell’s Myth of Male Power and looking in detail at Farrell’s positions on such issues as “Date Fraud,” why it’s supposedly easier to be a gay man than a straight man, why patriarchy is women’s fault, and how men and women don’t really love each other. There’s a guide to the whole series here.

Howard Bannister

@Auggz

Why? Because the universe hates you too, apparently.

cassandrakitty

Some short men have a hard time getting dates, and this totally supports my theory that women aren’t CEOs because they’re just too lazy!

weirwoodtreehugger

Cassandra,
I’m sure they lecture the DMV worker about how being required to renew your tabs is misandry. Then they follow that up with a rant about how feeeeemaaaales shouldn’t be allowed to drive.

RE: cassandrakitty

Can you imagine these people at the DMV?

I’d really rather not, thanks. And god only knows how they handle health insurance…

LBT

I really don’t get the short guy thing. My vessel’s 5’4, and I haven’t really noticed that influencing anyone. But then again, most of them either think I’m Twinkie McGayerson or a woman, so maybe that has something to do with it.

cassandrakitty

Even basic stuff like setting up internet and cable, do they just tweet angrily at Comcast about how they don’t have service yet? If their service goes down do they write an angry blog post about it rather than just calling customer service and asking for someone to come fix it?

weirwoodtreehugger

It isn’t even short short man. That’s the radio/MTV version. It’s short dick man. Here’s the original for those who aren’t at work.

LBT

This is making me want to post trashy queercore shit, just because dunbe got under my skin with that, “aw, it’s so much easier for a guy to date a guy than a girl!” bullshit.

cassandrakitty

Well, if women have any preferences at all about what kind of penises they like that is of course the ultimate misandry, and should be punished by a hail of rape and death threats.

(And tweeting the Justice Department about how it should be illegal, because apparently that’s how we get things done in the MRM.)

weirwoodtreehugger

You can’t tell a man’s penis size while he has clothes on though. A small penis wouldn’t make it harder to get dates. Also, some gay men have penis size preferences too so it doesn’t make the case that it’s easier for men to be gay.

cassandrakitty

IME gay men tend both to have much stricter preferences about penis everything, and be much more upfront about telling potential dates to GTFO if they don’t fit those preferences. If whiny dude thinks that dating women is shredding his self esteem he wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a gay club.

vaiyt

Lol you guys are so pathetic.

What a devastating argument. I am floored.

I really can’t in good conscience award that flounce more than 1/10. It just has nothing to recommend it at all.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I learned so much about the plight of men from that 20 year old song about dick preferences. Thank you for broadening my horizons.

By contrast, I haven’t seen women’s worth as people measured out on a 10-pt scale of how sexy they are since… oh yeah. Yesterday. I saw that yesterday.

RE: WWTH

Honestly, penis size is the LEAST of your worries in the gay dating scene, if you ask me. I’m still waiting to hear why these fuckers seem to have forgotten that bashing exists.

sparky
sparky

But of course, they can use any organization’s logo without permission. Of course, “you’re consent is not required.” But of course they can tell the police what is and is not illegal via Twitter; all they want to do is remind the cops that of course they have the right to do whatever they damn well please. And of course they have the right to “interview” assault victims! Because of course they’re the ones who will properly determine whether a crime has been committed or not and whether the victim is a “real” victim or not. And of course we all know she’s just making it up -like all women everywhere make up stuff like this all the time, so you can’t really believe a woman’s word (and even if she didn’t, she probably deserved it – just like every woman who’s ever suffered violence at the hands of men probably deserved it). Because, of course men are smarter, better and more virtuous than women.

These are all things that they believe they have an absolute right to do. But there is, of course no entitlement here or anything.

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

@dunbe: Wow, you didn’t even try. So fucking pitiful. Well, at least you didn’t distract us for long. Now we can get back to talking about cats and how horrible that new TMNT movie is going to be, and other such important things.

trans_commie

@dunbe

0/10 would advise not to try again

hellkell
hellkell

Can you imagine these people at the DMV?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

I can’t even imagine the shitfits they’d throw if they had to bring the amount of paperwork I did to put my married name on my license.

Alice Sanguinaria

augg – why did you buy 10 lbs of soap? O_o

dlouwe
dlouwe

A dog in nerd glasses is actually a surprisingly accurate depiction of me. Though the “I have no idea what I’m doing” science dog is often probably moreso.

weirwoodtreehugger

LBT,
For them to acknowledge gay bashing, they would have to stop being self-centered and realize that other people have their own experiences and struggles. That’s probably never going to happen.

Bina
Bina

Auggz, have you got a machete? Or maybe a mallet and chisel?

Integral
Integral

That’s a great price for handmade soap, I wish I could find a deal like that. I keep meaning to try making some. It’s kind of scary though.

I’ve read that you can cut it by wrapping dental floss around if it’s in a loaf shape.

Bina
Bina

(Or a meat cleaver, or a cheese grater?)

cassandrakitty

Or, if you’re at college, a guillotine for cutting paper?

hellkell
hellkell

Even picture wire would cut through soap.

cassandrakitty

So basically like Westboro Baptist, but incompetent.

kittehserf

What about the wire potters use for cutting things off the wheel?

Diana Adams – it’s not far-fetched at all to think of MRAs saying Josef Fritzl was protecting and feeding his daughter and she was boss. It’s pretty much what they said about Ariel Castro.

Walter
Walter

I’ll be honest, I think that in the US, solely in the realm of casual, anonymous sex, it is easier for men to be gay than straight. Understand, I’m not some straight guy using homosexuality as a tool to put down women. I’m bisexual and have had sexual experiences with both men and women. I’m speaking from my own experience.
From my experience finding an anonymous sex partner is easier if you’re looking for a man.
Of course gay men experience a lot of discrimination and prejudice everywhere in the world. So on a real level, it’s much easier being straight than gay. But if you’re in a western nation that at least tries a little bit to protect homosexuals, and you’re just talking about casual, anonymous sex, it is easier to be gay.

weirwoodtreehugger

Walter,
Whether or not it’s easier to pick up men than women is beside the point. It’s offensive and tone deaf to make the claim that being a gay is easier because of the very real bigotry that gay people. You’re kind of brushing that off here.

kittehserf

It also ignores the real dangers women face in seeking casual sex from men, and the fact that even when it’s safe, it’s unlikely to provide a worthwhile sexual experience (if orgasmic PiV is what’s sought).

cassandrakitty

Plus, what does our hypothetical gay man look like? If he’s under 25, good looking, and has a nice body then sure, plenty of casual sex on offer for him. If he looks like most MRAs, not so much.

Not to mention the fact that casual sex isn’t really what they’re looking for, and they’d probably be horrified if they fucked a woman and afterwards she was all “well that was nice, see ya”. There’d be hundreds of new rants about how callous women are and how she didn’t even offer to cook him breakfast or do his laundry before she left.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

auggz – pastry cutter? Or one of those two-handled pizza knives?

kittehserf

Heheh I’d love to see Farrell or the head honchos at AVfM trying their luck at a gay club.

Bina
Bina

Don’t laugh, Kittehs…bears would probably say they were woofy.

Robert
Robert

Kitteh – that is an horrific image. Also, in most sexual marketplace situations, gay men over fifty, under five foot six, or a MoC are invisible. I would have great difficulty readjusting to the ‘dating game’ after two decades of married life. If what you’re after is sport-fucking, your options are much better as a white, able-bodied, cis gay man under thirty.

Reminded me of something a friend said years ago, regarding being an Asian gay man in San Francisco. He said there were two kinds of white gay men – the ones who wouldn’t see you standing next to them, and the ones who would spot you two blocks away in a heavy fog.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

You will maybe be surprised how easy it is to cut the loaves into bars. There are demos on youtube if you need to see.

House Mouse Queen

@LBT
“This is making me want to post trashy queercore shit”

Dooooeeeeet!

We all know it’s easier to be gay in this world. Warren Farrell said so.

kittehserf

Robert – it is quite a gross image, isn’t it? But the thought of how utterly invisible those idiots would be is really appealing. They like to pretend teh poor menz have such a hard time with nasty picky women, and that it’s sooooo much easier to be gay … well, try it, dudes, that’s all I can say. Leaving out their willful cluelessness about being gay and the bigotry one faces, I would just love to see the total FAIL of those guys in a club. They think they get mocked here

Bina
Bina

There are gay guys who go for “papa bear” types, but there are nowhere near as many of them as there are of the kind who reflexively chase after cute young twinks. My best friend was one of the latter type when he first came out, and he had guys of all ages after him…but the most fanatical chasers were the older (and often, married) men. He wasn’t at all thrilled with that; I remember him very firmly telling me, “If I’m gonna be gay, I’m gonna be gay with someone my own age.” And that’s just what happened…within a year or so, he was happily paired up with his now hubby, who is just one year older.

cassandrakitty

They really have no idea just how much the combination of male privilege and being straight is protecting them from blunt, unvarnished commentary on their physical appearance. So let them go to a gay club, or post a profile on Grindr, and get some honest feedback. They’re not going to like it.

kittehserf

Bina – I reckon even a guy who fancied papa bear types would mock these clowns. Their hideous personalities would show up, and that’s before Pauly did the googly-eyed vein-popping rage thing.

General question: if I did a quick Elam as Jack Torrance pic, what scene would people recommend? I’m tempted by the frozen-in-the-snow one, but that might be a bit over the line, considering Johnny’s dead there.

hellkell
hellkell

Kittehs: it would have to be the famous “HEEEEEEEEERRRRRRE’S JOHNNY” scene.

cassandrakitty

Definitely the one where he’s coming through the door. You wouldn’t even need to edit the face at all, he has the expression down already.

kittehserf

It’d practically be a case of putting Elam’s eyeballs in over Nicholson’s face. 😛

So, here it is:

Heeere’s Pauly

RE: WWTH

*sigh* Yeah, that or they take the g0y stance that we wouldn’t get bashed if we just didn’t act like such [gay slurs] all the time.

RE: Walter

Like I said to dunbe, boy, where do you LIVE? ‘Cause I want to move where you are. Also, you’re taking the statement out of context. Warren Farrell wasn’t saying it’s easier to pick up sex as a gay man; he was saying it’s just plain flat-out EASIER to be a gay man.

RE: Bina

Don’t laugh, Kittehs…bears would probably say they were woofy.

Not THIS bear, thank you very much! (Well, I’ve lost a lot of weight, the past year. But that’ll hopefully be fixed!)

I’m into the papa bear types (blame my family; all twinks to me look like my younger brother, causing insta-buzzkill) and I STILL wouldn’t have anything to do with these fuckers. I don’t fuck creepers, yo. I like NICE men.

RE: House Mouse Queen

Dooooeeeeet!

Your wish is my command! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RVkBwHeAqk

LBT

Also, this song seems totally relevant to the current conversation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0vyJGia4Y

Walter
Walter

Weirwoodtreehugger

I acknowledged the real problems that gay people have in society. They face far more discrimination than straight people. I understand that and have never denied it.

Cassandrakitty

In all honesty, I’ve known men less attractive than these MRA guys who got a lot of sex. I’m fat, ugly, non white and have no social skills, but I was always able to find a partner. I got rejected a lot, but I was always able to find someone who fit my criteria.

You’re probably right about those guys wanting more than anonymous sex, though. I hadn’t thought about that, but you’re right. It’s not a purely sexual thing for these MRA people.