a woman is always to blame antifeminism evil sexy ladies go read this homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA rape culture the myth of warren farrell

Check out the “Farrell’s Follies” series of posts on Reddit

Warren Farrell: Full of terrible ideas
Warren Farrell: His ideas are as bad as that logo

Today, just a recommendation: if you’d like to learn more about the wrongheaded and often quite bewildering opinions of Men’s Rights grandpappy Warren Farrell, take a look at the excellent Farrell’s Follies series now being posted on the AgainstMensRights subreddit. The Redditor known as feminista_throwaway has been systematically going through Farrell’s Myth of Male Power and looking in detail at Farrell’s positions on such issues as “Date Fraud,” why it’s supposedly easier to be a gay man than a straight man, why patriarchy is women’s fault, and how men and women don’t really love each other. There’s a guide to the whole series here.

kittehserf

Oh wow. Just looked at the ‘men and women don’t love each other’ one. What a chucklefuck Farrell is. Protip, dude: just because YOU are an unloveable and loveless creep doesn’t give you the right to project that onto other people.

weirwoodtreehugger

I had the same thought Kitteh.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Aw, Warren has realized that nobody loves him and it’s very likely that nobody ever will? That’s what you get for being a creepy, selfish. petulant asshole, I guess.

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m confused about what token resistance is. Is it when you say no but you want to say yes and eventually do? Or is it when you say no even though you desire the other person but for some reason choose no (like wanting to wait for a commitment or having to get up early the next day and not wanting to be tired)?
Obviously it’s wrong to push someone who has said no either way. I was just curious. I also really hate the date fraud. It implies that sex is payment for buying dinner or a movie ticket or whatever and if you say no you’re cheating your date out of something they’re entitled to. Ick.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Or even just, you agreed to a date and then decided that you didn’t want another one because it didn’t go that well. How dare you! I can see Farrell being unable to grasp the idea that people change their minds based on new/more information, or viewing that as fraud.

sparky
sparky

Oh, this is lovely:

When females ask males to protect them with their strength, the risk is having the very strength that protects them in one instance be used against them in another. Thus the athletes for whom females cheer are also involved in one third of campus sexual assaults.19 On a broader level, when people allow kings “divine rights,” the upside is the potential for greater protection; the downside the potential for greater misuse. When individuals empower their drugs, religions, kings, or males, they risk being disempowered.
p.71

Women need men to protect them from other men. But no whining when the protector turns into the one you need protection from. Men are empowered to rape by women. Except male power is a myth.

That’s an awful lot of mental gymnastics he’s going through in order to blame women for rape.

kittehserf

Farrell lets his nasty little id out in that explicit one about “far enough for now,” doesn’t he? It’d be nice to think he’s just clueless about how people can make out without any intention of having sex, but that’s giving him too much benefit of the doubt. He’s all too obviously one of the specimens who knows perfectly well what a soft no is, or that someone can be indecisive, or pressured, but doesn’t like the answer and wants to make sure he fucks her regardless.

I find it hard to believe that a man who puts this sort of shit into print hasn’t actually raped someone at some time.

LBT
LBT

Oh good lord, the gay one.

A homosexual experience might mean two hours of sexual pleasure. The consequences? – two hours of sexual pleasure.

Yes. AIDS NEVER HAPPENED. Neither does gaybashing! We live in a happy gay sex utopia!

On second thought, perhaps Warren Farrell ought to join the g0ys. I’m sure they’d adore each other.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Hey now, the goys may be ridiculous but I’m not sure they deserve Farrell.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

I was thinking about the most recent Will Farrell post the other day, and I came to the realization that when he’s complaining that women have all the power because butts, he’s really just admitting that he, personally, would do anything for the mere chance at getting laid. Aside from the fact that the manosphere should be turning on him after this huge, public admission of betaness, it really just shows what a sad, pathetic loser he is (and thinks all men are).

These links are just confirming my thesis. What a sad little man.

leatapp
leatapp

Men and women don’t really love eachother?
This one is going to really surprise Hubby.
…and I only just broke it to him that we aren’t really married with kids, cuz uh’ teh homosexicals.

JK…We’re going to tell this silly shit to some of our married friends tonight, though. Thanks for the Lulz, assholes.

Alice Sanguinaria

Farrell is a creepy asshole. I can’t imagine how the MRAs haven’t noticed how misogynist and how misandrist he is, with his assumptions that women owe men sex and that men are controlled by the power of a woman’s ass.

LBT
LBT

RE: cassandrakitty

Hey now, the goys may be ridiculous but I’m not sure they deserve Farrell.

Oh, they deserve him, all right. The g0ys hate any guy who isn’t the paragon of closeted cis masculinity, and their “leader” likes to run scams, squeeze money from his followers, and never actually risk being outed, meaning he never actually does any activism of note. They and Farrell are like brothers.

Now, the Cockrub Warriors, THEY don’t deserve Farrell.

kittehserf

Men and women don’t really love eachother?
This one is going to really surprise Hubby.

Yup. I just asked Mr K if he wanted to hear something funny, and gave him the potted version.

His expression was somewhere between “blank” and “trying to twist up in puzzlement”.

Now he’s just said “I do not understand these things.”

kittehserf

Poop, forgot to blockquote leatapp’s comment. First two lines in my comment above are hers.

Alice Sanguinaria

kittehs – Well yeah, according to some modmail I got yesterday, we’re all ugly, bitter lesbians who can’t ever find happiness. Why else can men and women not love one another? /s

hokesone
hokesone

Thanks for the AMR love David! Feminista has done an amazing job unpacking Farrell’s bullshit.

LBT
LBT

I’m trans. Does that mean my husband loves me or not? 🙁

cloudiah

Hey, Alice! :: waves ::

Has anyone posted about this Canadian feminist who was assaulted?

AVfMers (John Hembling, typhonblue, GWW, Attila Vinczer) and Misters (/u/edtastic) are all over the comments, arguing that (a) she’s obviously lying and (b) she probably brought it on herself since she’s a feminist.

Alice Sanguinaria

Hey cloudiah! And hi HokesOne!

hokesone
hokesone

Hii! How’s being a lesbian who will never be pretty or happy?

Since finding out that I’m all of those things in that same mod mail, things have been pretty wild. I could have sworn that I wasn’t any of those things… but you know… It is what it is.

hokesone
hokesone

Cloudiah, we have a thread on AMR about it but I haven’t seen much press or even blog write ups about it yet.

Alice Sanguinaria

HokesOne – Pretty liberating, actually. I thought I was an asexual Asian female (and cute according to people who’ve seen my pictures), but apparently I’m an ugly bitter lesbian. Who knew? Whee, freedom!

After I cried a bit finding out, I’ve come to accept my new reality. How’s you, fellow bitter ugly lesbian who will never find happiness?

cloudiah

Another story identifies the student who was assaulted by name, hopefully with her permission, and immediately MRAs are pooping in the comments there too. Sigh.

kittehserf

Wait, wait, I thought we were all our gravatars? D’you mean you’re not a white kitty with a hand-crafted custom halo? And I’m not a nekkid French king?

OH NOES I CANNOT COPE

Alice Sanguinaria

kittehs – we are DOOMEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

kittehserf

If we’re all ugly bitter lesbians, does this mean we have to dress in ApprovedUglyBitterLesbian™ fashion? Because overalls and a buzzcut really don’t suit me, and I’ve finally got it all sorted with makeup and don’t want to have to bin it all!

sparky
sparky

Has anyone posted about this Canadian feminist who was assaulted?

Why do I read the comments? Here’s one by DriverSuz. There’s a bunch of other comments, also, to the effect that feminism is a violent hate movement.

driversuz
2 hours ago
“advocating sexual violence” is pretty much what feminists do, one way or another.

So, today I learned that when a feminist student gets assaulted, it proves that feminism is a violent hate movement.

LBT
LBT

Awwww. I don’t even get to be a cat. I’m just a splotch. 🙁

weirwoodtreehugger

Cloudiah, for some the first comment on that story was “you will never meet a Muslim feminist.” What that had to do with the story I don’t know. I have met Muslim feminists before, but OK bro!
Then they all smugly point out that it isn’t proven that the attack was related to her feminism. Of course, the article actually pointed that out already.
There you go manboobzers. I read the comments so you don’t have to.

trans_commie

That is such a terrible logo.

weirwoodtreehugger

driversuz
2 hours ago

Huh? I’m going to need a citation on that one, Now I’m glad I only read the HuffPo comments.

kittehserf

Awwww. I don’t even get to be a cat. I’m just a splotch. 🙁

No no no, you’re not a splotch, you’re a trippy Op Art piece.

J.J
J.J

If we are all bitter ugly lesbians, where do bisexuals (and asexuals and demisexuals and other sexuals that I might not know about) fit into this? Are they figments of our imagination?

Am I going to have to break up with my boyfriend, cut off all my hair, and be woman-only from now on? Even though I’m supposed to have sex with men?

Wait, I’m pretending that any of this makes sense. It doesn’t. He says black people are an endangered species! Oh, so half of my ancestors are actually rare beings that preserve themselves via welfare and male exclusion. Yeah, okay. Have fun imagining women’s butts that you can’t touch.

hellkell
hellkell

Will Farrell

He makes some goofy movies, but he’s not that bad.

Holy cats, driversuz is dumb and mean.

kittehserf

Yup. Totally imaginary.

Even being lesbian is imaginary, ‘cos we know women only do Teh Secks together to give dudes something to look at. I daresay we’re bitter lesbians because we’re ugly and real manly menz don’t want to look at us, because sad boners.

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

Fun fact: I found out about MRAs from Warren Farrel’s work. And by that, I mean someone posted a thread about a feminist protest at one of his talks, and someone else in that thread posted the date fraud exert, defending it. I was pretty much anti-MRA from then on out, considering the people defending the exert thought of him as the ideological father and least extreme figure in the movement. I still don’t know how anyone could think of him any higher than David Icke or the Timecube guy.

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

@J.J: Hey now, some of us are cuckolded, beta-male, white knight, manginas! D:

vaiyt

I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m totally a dark-skinned woman with fire coming out of my right eye and a snazzy pink poncho.

trans_commie

And I’m not actually an undead teenage shrine maiden? The world is turning upside down. D=

hellkell
hellkell

I am totally a blue foldie kitten sticking my tongue out at everyone.

kittehserf

@J.J: Hey now, some of us are cuckolded, beta-male, white knight, manginas! D:

XD

We must all assert our gravatarness (or is that gravatariosity?)!

‘Cos that means I’m sitting in a comfy bed instead of an uncomfy desk chair right now.

trans_commie

katz is totally the Chimera of Arezzo that takes care of kittens.

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

And I am definitely a classic grindcore album cover. 😛

J.J
J.J

I am a pink flower.

Which means I am a vagina.

Which means I am a 24/7 all access PAAAAAR-TAY. Or something.

@BreakfastMan

Oh, you beta males do not count, you are merely slaves to our boot-ays.

That are ugly and make sad boners but still enslave men.

…okay, it is officially sleepy time ’cause now my brain is just going butts butts butts butts butts.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

the AFVM brigade’s comments on that Queen’s Journal story are appalling even by their standards.

I didn’t know that was even possible 🙁

kittehserf

you are merely slaves to our boot-ays

Or boot-arrs when we’re in pirate mode.

I could only see a succession of fuzzy cat butts when I read that. They do seem to think it’s their best view.

cloudiah

I’m a lion. RAWR!!!

weirwoodtreehugger

That’s still more intelligent and nuanced than the average MRA.

1 2 3 5