ableism alpha males antifeminism citation needed crackpottery creepy demonspawn domestic violence dozens of upvotes evil sexy ladies excusing abuse mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA one hundred upvotes patriarchy patronizing as heck red pill reddit women are children

Red Pill Theorist: Women are like children. Except you can have sex with them.

This Morpheus dude may have a point.
This Morpheus dude may have a point.

Put on your thinking caps today, because we are going to wade into the highly rarefied world of Red Pill Theory. Our Guest Lecturer today is a totally ALPHA DOG Red Pill Redditor by the name of GayLubeOil — don’t worry, fellas, he’s straight! — who has some important insights for us all on the nature of women.

Namely, that women are basically just overgrown children. Who give blow jobs.

Let’s let him explain, in a post that’s now Number One With A Sticky in the Red Pill Subreddit.

Treating Women Like Children (self.TheRedPill) submitted 8 hours ago by Endorsed ContributorGayLubeOil - stickied post One of the key tenants of Red Pill is that women act like children. There are many reasons for this. Women are not held accountable for their actions growing up, so they are completely new to the concept of accountability. If a woman sucks a dick, she tells a realy long story about how she was put in a dick sucking situation. Women don't realy believe in their own agency. That's why they often believe in cosmic forces like fate and patriarchy, because nothing they ever do is their fault. If women don't take responsibility for their actions, someone else has to. That's why we have to treat women like children. Obviously, some woman is going to read this have a cascade of feels and then deal with said feels in the most immature way possible.  While Red Pill theory has definitely harsh view of women, the practical application isn't as anti-social as our detractors believe.  One of the things that children suck at, is regulating their internal state. They're too little to know if their hungry, sleepy or if they need to go for a walk. When a child throws a tantrum its often not about the toy, there is often some underlying issue you need to take care of.  As stupid as its sounds you can completely avoid a lot of arguments by ignoring everything she says and going for the underlying problem. I cant believe you never told me that you X! Aww is she hungry. She gets this way when shes hungry. Then just feed her some Greek yogurt or something, and the problem will go away. Or just take her for a walk around the block, because shes just anxious from being at work the entire day.  Red Pill holds that male leadership is the cornerstone of a good relationship. Sometimes that means treating her like a child.

After reading all of that, you may have a few questions. Obviously, the most important question is: why Greek Yogurt? Well, in addition to being very popular with the ladies, it is apparently quite high in iron. Let’s let Professor LubeOil explain why that’s so crucial:

GayLubeOil[S] 44 points 7 hours ago* The reason I used Greek Yogurt as an example is that its high in Iron. A surprising number of women are anemic which means they bruise easily. Its obviusly not your fault that she cant get enough nutrients into her body. However You don't want to be seen walking around with a bruised woman. Which is why GayLubeOil recommends feeding your anemic woman Greek Yogurt mixed with pomegranate so you don't look like an abusive asshole. If you are an abusive asshole yogurt and pomegranate will not fix or prevent hemotoma. Sorry abusive assholes.  permalinkparentgive gold [–]Knoxhon_ 8 points 5 hours ago Sorry abusive assholes.  lmfao
Well, with that critical issue taken care of in a totally not creepy or red-flaggy kind of way, let’s move on to some of the serious discussion Professsor LubeOil’s thesis inspired in the Red Pill Subreddit.

Ah, who am I kidding? They mainly just posted comments about how totally right he was and how women totally are a bunch of overgrown children. But saying women are children is totes not misogyny!

Usherai 39 points 7 hours ago For all the accusations of misogyny thrown at TRP, I don't think most guys, even here, go far enough. Women are exactly like children in that without strong male leadership they will ruin themselves by being slaves to their emotions and short-sightedness. Their inability to take responsibility for themselves means that men need to be the ones directing, influencing, and manipulating their emotions into beneficial behaviors and pursuits.  This means that the mindset RP men should have in their relationships with women is one of complete and utter superiority. Your analysis and suggestions are pretty spot on.
And, heck, even if a dude maybe is a teensy bit of a misogynist, what’s the big deal, so long as it convinces him to treat his women properly — that is, like you would treat special needs children.

GayLubeOil[S] 41 points 7 hours ago Even if someone is a blatant misogynist and thinks women are completely inferior to men, that doesn't necessarily translate into him treating women poorly. Lets say you had a special needs child . The kids obviously intellectually inferior, to you and his peers. You knowing this doesn't make you an asshole. Knowing this and admitting this is the first step in being a good parent for this kid. Yea maybe you have to wipe his mouth after he eats or pick up after him a bit more. But pretending that he is a totally normal kid is going to make you a shittier parent than admitting the truth. That's why you should do what men have done for most of human history:treat women like women instead of pretending that they are men with breasts.  permalinkparentgive gold [–]Knoxhon_ 14 points 5 hours ago misogyny isn't about superior/inferior. it's about a hatred of women as a group. this is a common misconception.  permalinkparentgive gold [–]Endorsed ContributorDemonspawn 13 points 4 hours ago But so much of the population has equality disease: thinking someone isn't equal must be coming from hate... because they are equal, don'tchaknow!

Damn those feminazis and their “equality!” Why, it’s almost un-American!

cloudiah

Also, I may just be deluding myself, so there’s that.XD

LBT
LBT

Thanks cloudiah. That helps a bit. I’d like to hope things are getting better.

BigMomma

OK, LBT, for the thick yoghurt:

4 cups plain yog…line a colander with a piece of cheesecloth, with the edges overhanging 3-4″. Put the colnader in the sink, pour in yoghurt, cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to drain for 3 – 5 hours at room temp or overnight in the fridge. You can save the whey that drips out and use in place of water in curries/breads or even water your plants with it. scoop out thick yog into a covered container in fridge. It will keep for 2 weeks.

Making yoghurt from scratch:

You’ll need to buy a starter yoghurt. Make sure the yoghurt you get has live cultures like streptococcus thermophilus and/or Lactobacillus bulgaricus. Pour 2 cups of milk into a pan and bring to a boil over a medium or medium-high heat. Stir frequently so it doesn’t stick to pan bottom. As it comes to a boil pour into a medium size glass/pottery/steel/ceramic bowl. Let cool to around 110F. Stir in 1-2 tbsps of store bought yoghurt. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in oven, with the heat off. The idea is to create a draught free, humid environment. The guy whose recipe it is, says he leaves the oven light on. Leave for about 6 hours and you’ll have yoghurt. Save 2 tbsp for your next batch and that’s it. No more store bought yoghurt.

BigMomma

Katz, yup, send through the music and I’ll start them practising now. I’ll make them practise out front in my yard at dark behind the tall fence where they can’t be seen. We have bats flying about due to the mango trees, so I think that will add a special something.

@Kittehs, yeah I know. Very exciting. We are all going down to watch (obv) and it’s a good opportunity to catch up with a friend who has just had a baby after several horrible rounds of IVF

I’m petitioning NSW RTA to change the licence plate slogan to demi-illegitimate children and supersonic highways.

kittehserf

I saw a strange number plate today – EVLTDY. I suspect it was meant to read “evil today” but I read it as “evil tidy” – much more interesting.

BigMomma

or evil teddy which is what I saw

Oh dear god yes. Can you, like, bleach their hair white or something like that?

BigMomma

I’m sure I have some chalk lying about, as well as face paints from various half assed children’s activities. I’ll get right on it.

kittehserf

Evil teddy, I like it!

LBT
LBT

Thanks BigMomma

And I assumed ‘evil toady,’ Kittehs.

pecunium

LBT: This actually makes me wonder. I’ve got a question for the older US Boobzers. Despite my high mileage, I’m still relatively young (newly twenty-six) and I’ve always wondered: has the US always been like this? Did it used to be better or worse?

Depends on what you are measuring. I’d say the issues around non-hetero sexuality are better now. Issues related to women’s reproductive choices are worse. Race issue are mixed (better in some places, but a fuckton worse in others, e.g. Arizona and Florida).

And it depends on where you’re standing. What I feel is a bit less hopeful about a lot of things than I did when I was in my twenties, even though many of the things I care about are better.

Because a lot are worse: mostly because our gov’t has gotten more to the right, and our fiscal policies/social support network have gone to shit, and I think the ways those things have gotten worse have made the other things more volatile; because the people benefiting from those changes have used the other things as scapegoats.

Falconer

I’m 35 and I think that women’s reproductive health is worse now than it was in the 90s, what with “abortifacients” and the whole push back on employers covering birth control.

I think the attitudes toward climate change are worse. Climate change itself is worse, but that’s the nature of that beast.

The economy was better in the 90s than it was in the Aughts before the housing bubble burst, but it’s better today than it was in September/October ’07 when we were on the verge of collapse.

Occupy petered out but marriage equality is on the march.

Argenti Aertheri

LBT, I am perpetually forgetting that you’re younger than me! Only difference I can say is the recent assault on women’s rights, but you’ve seen that one.

Trolly is boring, and really bad at logic, grammar and spelling.

Robert
Robert

Regarding things being better or worse – I’m turning 53 this Saturday. During my lifetime, being a same-sexer has gone from crime/mental illness to oppressed minority group. I call that progress. I’m legally married to my husband, and nobody around here says boo about it. The Arizona bill was vetoed because it would have been bad for business, which is the real third rail in USA politics. When I came out in high school (1978) it was an act of sheer bravado; now, some high schools have GSAs. A celebrity who openly slurs gays will receive negative attention. All this represents progress, in my opinion.

LBT
LBT

Thanks, older boobzers. It gives me something to chew on.

RE: Argenti

LBT, I am perpetually forgetting that you’re younger than me!

*snrk* I get that a lot. Blame the mileage; I do.

Naomi
Naomi

Hey David, I just found your website through looking up that horrible Karen Straughan woman. I’ve been watching her videos in a sort of horrified delirium since I randomly found them on Youtube. THANK YOU for this website holy shit I am so glad there is an online space somewhere regularly calling out crazy, hateful, (and probably self-hating) people out on their misogyny. It absolutely infuriates me to read that stuff but I can’t bring myself to respond and but my anger into words!!! Your blog is a new favorite thank you so much. And I know men aren’t supposed to get kudos points for being decent human beings (aka believes in social/political/economic equality of the sexes), but I’m so surprised and touched that you’re a man and I’m happy that it insulates your argument from dumb counter points like, “well you’re just a stupid woman!” (that so many feminists have to endure). Thank you so much, you’re awesome!

cloudiah

Hi Naomi, and welcome. Please accept a welcome package. Also, I just want to let you know that we frown on using “crazy” to describe these chucklefucks, both because we can’t actually diagnose them and (more importantly) because of the harmful blowback using that word causes for people with mental illness. I hope you stay around and have fun with us — you’ll definitely have a better experience if you can train yourself out of using that word.

TinaS(realnottroll)
TinaS(realnottroll)

Huh, really? I find that being a woman who controls her own emotions, takes responsibility, takes the lead, gets tired of excuses and bullshit, etc…acting like teh menz, I guess…gets me a shocked, butthurt look. Like, how dare I call men out on their own childishness, passive agressive behavior and bullshit. It messes with their heads a bit until they come to the realization that ..hey, she’s serious. Uh, yeah…door’s over there. They either want women to , er, act like children so they can feel all manly or they want women to take control of themselves which they can’t seem to stand either. One or the other, fellas; I’m not going to allow my “working diagnosis Bi Polar disorder” run free just because you can’t make up your freaking minds. One or the other not both. “you’re the king, my king” Oh hell no. This isn’t Stepford Wives. Book is great, btw. The original movie is spot on.

Good morning, all. It’s been a while. How are you.

Naomi
Naomi

@cloudiah Thanks for the link! And of course, wow, that’s definitely an ableist word. I’m so sorry. As someone who’s had depression before I should have known better. Thanks for pointing it out!

Viscaria
Viscaria

That’s super cool of you Naomi 🙂 glad you came back!

Naomi gets all the props and we should totally frame that comment and show it to new people as an example of how it’s done.

trans_commie

Seconding katz! I’m glad to see more delurkers like Naomi.

kittehserf

Too right!

cloudiah

Yay for Naomi!

People should delurk MOAR!!! XD

Roberta
Roberta

I just want to thank you for showing me I’m not alone in feeling sick at the misogynistic/insultingly stupid / stupidly insulting atmosphere that often crops up on reddit. I used to be quite active on the site. Since Elliot Rodgers’ rampage, I haven’t been able to go online without finding an inbox full of hate-filled, defensive responses to old posts where I express the opinion that gender equity is something worth fighting for…

cloudiah

Roberta, if you ever go back on reddit, try /r/againstmensrights. Sort of like here, in that it filters the hate-filled/misogynistic crap through a heavy layer of mockery.

yumicpcake

LMFAO…….overgrown man children attempting to turn the tables ……it’s not a huge population of gaming women out there, it’s largely overgrown boys…….then you have the NFL, NBA, FIFA…….tons of games where overgrown boys throw huge tantrums when their teams don’t win. The overwhelming population of men who can’t even do their own laundry or pick up after themselves, basically marrying another mother to cook and clean and raise kids while they watch games at the bar and cheat on their wives with younger women…….yeah I totally get it, this guy is full of shit!!

weirwoodtreehugger

Someone who necro’d a thread to deliver a poorly spelled and nonsensical rant filled with childish name calling thinks we need to grow up? Right.

cyp
cyp

So are you saying he is not right? I have seen very few women take responsabillity for their own actions. It is always someone else’s fault or it just happened, it was fate. it was never their decisions. And the state supports this.About being mysoginistic apparently every unpleasent truth about women is mysoginistic. And yes women lack a lot of basic minerals like iron because they do not eat healthy instead base their diets on what they read in fashion magazines and such.

ej
ej

@cyp
No, “unpleasent truths” are not misogynistic.

What is misogynistic is treating women as a single entity, rather than individuals.

What is misogynistic is coming into a feminist space to mansplain to us that we never take responsibility for ourselves, without giving actual evidence (with citations) of this trend.

What is misogynistic is coming here to tell women that we are unhealthy and don’t know how to take care of ourselves. I know much more about my diet and what my body needs than a stranger on the internet does, thank you very much.

Basically, if you want to see what a misogynist looks like, check the mirror.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

“I have seen very few women take responsabillity for their own actions” ≠ “very few women take responsibility for their own actions.”

One is your perception of the behavior of a small, self-selected subset of “women,” which is the group of women who are either willing or somehow forced to spend time with a misogynist asshole. The other is a universal statement about the behavior of ~3.7 billion people.

Women in your presence may very well not be willing to engage with you in an honest way. They might be psychologically immature. They might also be reflexively trying to defend themselves from misogynist, assholish criticism from you by denying they did anything wrong.

It may also be the case that you are ascribing responsibility onto them for things that are beyond their control. It’s pretty common for misogynists like yourself to, for instance, blame women when bad things happen to them. “Why were you dressed like that? Why did you go there? Why were you exercising your right to behave like an adult human being in the world, rather than acting like a gazelle on the savanna near a lion pride?” A woman who knows she did nothing wrong by going to a bar with some friends is going to push back onto you trying to assert that she should lock herself up in a tower if she doesn’t want drunk horny guys violating her boundaries.

I mean, there are lots of reasons why your perception might be incorrect, and even if it is correct, there is no reasonable way to extrapolate your personal experience to the universe of all women.

In short, you’re an idiot.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

cyp, while it’s true that some women do eat in a way that’s more influenced by fashion than by dietary medicine, the same is true of a lot of men: look at any weightlifting forum for a good example of this. It’s not a gendered thing.

As for women taking responsibility for their own actions: again, I’ve seen a lot of men refuse to take responsibility for their actions, and a lot of women be willing to shoulder their burdens.

The point you’re making, I think, could be stated as being that people behave irrationally. Which is entirely true and I will lament it.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I have to say that I like the reference to iron in particular, without any apparent thought going into why iron in particular might be a problematic mineral for women.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Ten bucks says he chose iron as a reference to periods. Because eew, icky, girls bleed down there, girls are gross!

cyp
cyp

lot of hate comments… how fun! Let’s start with the beginning. there are a number of reasons why I say most women do not take responsability for their actions:
1. drinking and then blaming their behaviour in that state on someone else
2. getting into poisoneus relationship and not wanting to understand they chose this and they need to change the cause for their choice
3. things that just break by themselves without any human action being done to them

@Policy of Madness I already stated that is the women I met not the entire 3.7 billion. And no I am not assigning responsability for something not under their control.

@ej apparently yours was the only non-hateful comment and I agree with what you said. My point about women lacking in certain minerals including iron comes from the fact that a lot of women tend to avoid red meat and other products with high callory content. Most of those minerals come from meat and dairy products and can be acquired very hard from vegetables.You are completely correct that there are men that cannot take

Wha…what have I missed here?

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@Pandapool:
I’m guessing that it’s a reference to vegetarianism being more common among women, and a diet over-heavy in meat being seen as being more “manly.” And really, that tells its own story, doesn’t it.

@cyp:
Please understand that I agree with PoM and M. I’m not your token Good Feminist; whatever they say to you goes for me as well.

However, I am a scientist, and as a scientist I must call you up on your claims which are based on hearsay, supposition and “everybody knows” rather than on data. Peer reviewed study or GTFO, cyp.

cyp
cyp

@EJ ok call me up on my claims! So far you have not. And it is not hearsay more than what you said is hearsay.It is just my experience and I already mentioned that. You cannot disprove my life experience since it is mine.
1. I was not refering at vegetariasm especially, but also diets that are close it. i never said a diet over heavy in meat is more manly, just that meat is a necessary aliment and that women are the ones that remove it from their diet more often.
2. never thought you as a good feminist as I am not so naive to believe those exist. But I considered you as a person that can talk reasonable about facts instead of just splurring insults as your friends that you are defending.
3 http://www.vegetarianvoice.com/vegetarian-nutrition/7/five-nutrients-vegetarian-diets-lack/
4. Also you mentioned that there are also men that do not take responsability for their actions (as always feminism has taken the worse attributes in men and seen them as qualities) but the difference is the law does not protect men when they do this. They do protect women a whole lot though. If you want equality let it be complete!

Newt
Newt

As well as lacking citations, your “reasons” are too vague to meaningfully discuss – as if you’re reluctant to place your goalposts. For example:

drinking and then blaming their behaviour in that state on someone else

Could you give an example of the sort of behaviour you’re talking about?

Newt
Newt

@cyp:

3. Congratulations, you managed to paste a link. That article points out alternative ways to get each of these nutrients, so it contradicts your own claim that meat is “necessary”.

Furthermore, that article is about vegetarians, not about women. Do you have any sources that back up your argument?

4. What laws are you talking about? In which country/ies have these been implemented?

mola the ocean sunfish
mola the ocean sunfish

@ Newt

He means rape, of course! Because everyone knows if a women are responsible for their own rapes, especially if they were drunk at the time. And the law “protects” them from the consequences of the poor choice to drink while female own by putting them through hell and failing to prosecute or convict, or ridiculously light sentences.

weirwoodtreehugger

In misogyny speak, “women don’t take responsibility for their actions” = “women should take responsibility for men’s actions.”

That’s what that means. Every time.

weirwoodtreehugger

I guess cyp hates men if he thinks that they can’t help but rape and abuse women given the opportunity.

Newt
Newt

@mola

I know he *means* that, but I was wondering whether he’d come straight out and admit it, or squirm for a while longer.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Well, if we’re going to be reasonable, then I’d have thought that you would have avoided insulting me either. However, this was evidently fated to not be the case. I’d disappointed.

WWTH, Mola and Newt make some excellent points there, particularly Newt. I await your response to her rebuttal with great interest.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Yes, I am also curious as to what cyp means by “women’s behavior,” as I am 95% sure what is meant by that is “men’s behavior toward women.”

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@mola:
He might not only mean rape. He might also be referring to the wage gap, to name one example. There’s all sorts of victim blaming one can indulge in.

Newt
Newt

@EJ: Aww, thanks. For reference, I’m a “he”.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

*I’m disappointed, not I’d.

Writing this in fits and starts whilst my SQL runs is not good for my proofreading.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

You agreed with a universal statement, that women act like children and don’t take responsibility for their actions. Your response was “So are you saying he is not right?” You decided to support this with your anecdata. Are you trying to be cute now and claim you don’t know how language works? In other words, are you trying to avoid taking responsibility for an action you made, in typing out your unconditional support of a universal statement?