ableism alpha males antifeminism citation needed crackpottery creepy demonspawn domestic violence dozens of upvotes evil sexy ladies excusing abuse mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA one hundred upvotes patriarchy patronizing as heck red pill reddit women are children

Red Pill Theorist: Women are like children. Except you can have sex with them.

This Morpheus dude may have a point.
This Morpheus dude may have a point.

Put on your thinking caps today, because we are going to wade into the highly rarefied world of Red Pill Theory. Our Guest Lecturer today is a totally ALPHA DOG Red Pill Redditor by the name of GayLubeOil — don’t worry, fellas, he’s straight! — who has some important insights for us all on the nature of women.

Namely, that women are basically just overgrown children. Who give blow jobs.

Let’s let him explain, in a post that’s now Number One With A Sticky in the Red Pill Subreddit.

Treating Women Like Children (self.TheRedPill) submitted 8 hours ago by Endorsed ContributorGayLubeOil - stickied post One of the key tenants of Red Pill is that women act like children. There are many reasons for this. Women are not held accountable for their actions growing up, so they are completely new to the concept of accountability. If a woman sucks a dick, she tells a realy long story about how she was put in a dick sucking situation. Women don't realy believe in their own agency. That's why they often believe in cosmic forces like fate and patriarchy, because nothing they ever do is their fault. If women don't take responsibility for their actions, someone else has to. That's why we have to treat women like children. Obviously, some woman is going to read this have a cascade of feels and then deal with said feels in the most immature way possible.  While Red Pill theory has definitely harsh view of women, the practical application isn't as anti-social as our detractors believe.  One of the things that children suck at, is regulating their internal state. They're too little to know if their hungry, sleepy or if they need to go for a walk. When a child throws a tantrum its often not about the toy, there is often some underlying issue you need to take care of.  As stupid as its sounds you can completely avoid a lot of arguments by ignoring everything she says and going for the underlying problem. I cant believe you never told me that you X! Aww is she hungry. She gets this way when shes hungry. Then just feed her some Greek yogurt or something, and the problem will go away. Or just take her for a walk around the block, because shes just anxious from being at work the entire day.  Red Pill holds that male leadership is the cornerstone of a good relationship. Sometimes that means treating her like a child.

After reading all of that, you may have a few questions. Obviously, the most important question is: why Greek Yogurt? Well, in addition to being very popular with the ladies, it is apparently quite high in iron. Let’s let Professor LubeOil explain why that’s so crucial:

GayLubeOil[S] 44 points 7 hours ago* The reason I used Greek Yogurt as an example is that its high in Iron. A surprising number of women are anemic which means they bruise easily. Its obviusly not your fault that she cant get enough nutrients into her body. However You don't want to be seen walking around with a bruised woman. Which is why GayLubeOil recommends feeding your anemic woman Greek Yogurt mixed with pomegranate so you don't look like an abusive asshole. If you are an abusive asshole yogurt and pomegranate will not fix or prevent hemotoma. Sorry abusive assholes.  permalinkparentgive gold [–]Knoxhon_ 8 points 5 hours ago Sorry abusive assholes.  lmfao
Well, with that critical issue taken care of in a totally not creepy or red-flaggy kind of way, let’s move on to some of the serious discussion Professsor LubeOil’s thesis inspired in the Red Pill Subreddit.

Ah, who am I kidding? They mainly just posted comments about how totally right he was and how women totally are a bunch of overgrown children. But saying women are children is totes not misogyny!

Usherai 39 points 7 hours ago For all the accusations of misogyny thrown at TRP, I don't think most guys, even here, go far enough. Women are exactly like children in that without strong male leadership they will ruin themselves by being slaves to their emotions and short-sightedness. Their inability to take responsibility for themselves means that men need to be the ones directing, influencing, and manipulating their emotions into beneficial behaviors and pursuits.  This means that the mindset RP men should have in their relationships with women is one of complete and utter superiority. Your analysis and suggestions are pretty spot on.
And, heck, even if a dude maybe is a teensy bit of a misogynist, what’s the big deal, so long as it convinces him to treat his women properly — that is, like you would treat special needs children.

GayLubeOil[S] 41 points 7 hours ago Even if someone is a blatant misogynist and thinks women are completely inferior to men, that doesn't necessarily translate into him treating women poorly. Lets say you had a special needs child . The kids obviously intellectually inferior, to you and his peers. You knowing this doesn't make you an asshole. Knowing this and admitting this is the first step in being a good parent for this kid. Yea maybe you have to wipe his mouth after he eats or pick up after him a bit more. But pretending that he is a totally normal kid is going to make you a shittier parent than admitting the truth. That's why you should do what men have done for most of human history:treat women like women instead of pretending that they are men with breasts.  permalinkparentgive gold [–]Knoxhon_ 14 points 5 hours ago misogyny isn't about superior/inferior. it's about a hatred of women as a group. this is a common misconception.  permalinkparentgive gold [–]Endorsed ContributorDemonspawn 13 points 4 hours ago But so much of the population has equality disease: thinking someone isn't equal must be coming from hate... because they are equal, don'tchaknow!

Damn those feminazis and their “equality!” Why, it’s almost un-American!

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Also may be a difference in how things are made? I dunno, but I’ve never liked, for example, the yogurt anyplace else as much as I did in the middle east. The closest I’ve been able to find is the yogurt you can get in Indian grocers, and I don’t like most Euro-style yogurt much unless it’s flavored with something. Whereas in Saudi my mum couldn’t keep enough of it in the fridge to keep up with my snacking.

LBT
LBT

Oh man, I love the Indian grocery in town, even if it’s kinda far. FIVE POUNDS OF YOGURT! Even by my standards, that’ll last me a bit.

Cabot Greek Yogurt is my favorite though. It has this wonderful tang, and hubby would use it for a base of macaroni and cheese sauce. Yummmmmm.

Unfortunately, Cabot doesn’t sell here. 🙁

pecunium

Fitz: Im afraid that we have not ploughed any real new ground here

You are right, you’ve not said anything new, so the refutations are pretty standard.

You are upset that women have rights. You are apoligising for people who want to strip them of those rights.

Which means you are a shitty person, and a sorry sample of humanity.

The idea that historically high levels of divorce are simply and only people leaving “abusive” relationships and not callous, frivilous or self serving behavior is likewise nieve.

What ignorant twaddle* In Britain, in my lifetime, it took a Fucking Act of Parliament to get a divorce. If you are trying to tell me that didn’t prevent people from divorcing… may I interest you the rights to charge tolls on a bridge? Perhaps you would like some land in Florida?

Your, “matrix” for “judging the health of a society” has a huge subtext of what you think is “proper”. My metric is that the people in it have the liberty to live thier lives in the ways they see fit, and aren’t forced to cohabit (much less have sex with) people which whom they don’t wish to cohabit.

If feminism is not strong enough and self confident enough to admit that it has caused serious dislocations in relationships and (at the very least) contributed to family breakdown, then its clearly not a liberal and humane intellectual movment but simply a great refusal to contribute to a healthy or stable social order.

More ignorant twaddle.

Has the effects of feminism caused, “dislocations”? Yes.

Do I think this is bad? No.

That, my dear boy, is the fundamental difference. You seem to think that chaining women to hearth and home and husband is somehow the mark of a “healthy” society, and I don’t.

*For those playing, “name that fallacy”, it’s also question begging.

pecunium

You might be wearing rose colored glasses.. Sure divorce peaked at that time period…but it is still at historic highs

Gee… it was almost impossible to get; and it was rare. It was made less impossible, more people did it.

Sort of like slavery, it was outlawed (in the West) and it stopped. I’ll bet, were it to be made legal again, people would start doing it again.

Funny thing, when the power of the state is against something, it isn’t done so often. When the state is in control of all aspects of a thing, then the legality/ease of obtaining, is the controlling factor.

You don’t logic very well. But I see you are very good at feels.

This is a wonderfull outline of the autonomous individual and the like…but I cant really take it seriously because the rates of everything from divorce to illigitamacy and the like could be miniscule or sky high…. and a societies “health”could still be said tobe perfectly fine under this fuzzy standard.

Bingo! You got it. Societies are healthy in relation to how the members inside it feel about their place in it. The larger the number of people who feel they are in a good place the healthier it is.

Your argument is, at root, that Teh MENZ! deserve to be coddled. This is reactionary (and wrong). Since they aren’t, you have decided the society is, “unhealthy” when what is actually happening is that a minority who weren’t able to adapt to the reality of the present age are whining about how unfair is no one is treating them as special snowflakes.

Such a definition is clearly a dialectic because it pits men against woman in a war for power over histroical time…

Wrong. Because the opposition you posit isn’t striving to take the thesis/antithesis and resolve them with synthesis. The MRM is looking to ereadicate the antithesis, and re-establish the thesis as the status quo.

Not Hegelian, not Dialectic, merely Reactionary.

You would be much better off if you said something more concrete like…Divorce rates over thirty percent represent social deprivation…or illigitamacy rates over 30% represent decadence and social irresponsibility..[sic]

Why? Defend your thesis (well, you can’t really, because it’s bullshit, but I’d like to see what you think the reasons for such an arbitrary [and irrelevant] metric are).

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

My local Indian grocer (have to drive to it, so not that local, but close) sells fresh samosa and burfi. I love that place so much. Also the owner, who once told Mr C to come back and pay next time we were there because he ran in right when they were closing and they’d already shut down the till. I guess we really are there a lot, huh?

And now I want to go get burfi tomorrow.

hellkell
hellkell

The best samosa I ever had was a homemade chicken samosa at this little run-down convenient store in Vancouver.

gillyrosebee
gillyrosebee

Good luck with it, cloudiah! Ranch dressing has been the last of the processed foods I’ve been hanging on to; I’m really happy to have a less processed substitute. It’s way cheaper, too, which is good given how much I go through!

You’ll most likely want to play with the balance of spices to get them just right. When I was doing the research on it, I found a lot of recipes that put sugar in with the spices, and call for garlic salt as well as a lot more dill than it turns out that I like. The blend I gave you is the one I’ve hit on as perfect, but I’d encourage you to experiment until you get what you prefer!

Housemate used to work at McD’s and says when they’d run out of the premade sauce, they’d mix half ketchup and half mayo with sweet relish and use that.

pecunium

cassandra: Also may be a difference in how things are made? I dunno, but I’ve never liked, for example, the yogurt anyplace else as much as I did in the middle east.

Have you tried lebneh?

pecunium

cassandra: We’re so wimpy and used to easy weather here that some people refuse to go out when it’s raining. Mr C and I did absolutely nothing on the last day off we had together because we didn’t want to get wet.

New York is worse for that. It rains, in part of the day (because rain here never seems to last more than a couple of hours) and the rest of the day foot traffic is dead. I don’t get it. In LA/SF we’d see a drop in sales, but never more than about 30 percent (and that for a fairly heavy rain). Here, a small bit of rain = 50 percent, or more.

pecunium

Binjabreel: Yeah, ’92 was a good water year (really strong La Niña.)

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I’ve seen people here freak out about it being unsafe to drive if it’s raining at all. It really is about what you’re used to.

pecunium

Funny thing: I read a study (about ten years ago) about accidents per capita in the rain.

LA
Boston
Seattle
NYC
Chicago
SF
DC

LA had the best stats. Seattle was down near the bottom (having driven in all of them but DC, I’d have to say LA is probably the place I’d rather drive in the rain, and I know why Seattle did so poorly. When it starts to rain, traffic speeds up)

pecunium

Sorry it was accidents per capita, normed for miles driven, so LA had the lowest rate, per driver, per 100,000 miles (I think that was the measure being used).

cloudiah

That’s interesting. I do notice that driving gets worse here when it rains, but maybe LA drivers are just plain good at driving, since we do so much of it. (I’m not really part of that “we” since my 16-year-old car only has about 84K miles on it.)

gillyrosebee
gillyrosebee

Speaking of statistics, does anyone know a good place to get aggregate conviction rates for various crimes in the US/UK? One of the MRAs mucking up the comments on that Matchar piece is arguing that the rate of conviction for rape is much higher than that for murder because “Prosecutors love putting away rapists because it makes them look good.”

Of course no discussion of the fact that something like only 37% of reported rapes are taken to trial, versus (one would assume) all murders, or the low number of rapes that are actually reported. Pull all that together and although it doesn’t feel completely wrong (given the problematic nature of the way society deals with the crime, one imagines that only the most clear cut cases are actually taken to trial), I’d still like to check it.

If an MRA tried to tell me that rain was wet, I’d still go out and stand in it for a few minutes, just to be sure…

BigMomma

I have a recipe for yoghurt from a trusted and falling apart Indian cookery book. The author also recommends draining yoghurt (lebneh) to use as a rich creamy yoghurt in curry (LBT, I’m thinking about your hubby right now)

I use yoghurt a lot as I cook primarily Indian food. I make my own spice blends and pastes too, yum. I’ve tried to ‘stabilise’low fat yoghurt with cornflour but it still never works. So I use full fat and whisk it before use into a creamy texture. It’s still easy to get full fat greek yoghurt in Australia though.

pecunium

I think it’s that LA drivers are good drivers, and they slow down when the rain starts (also, the warnings about being careful in the first couple of hours, so the slick can be washed away).

pecunium

I can get you stats on rates, not convictions:

kittehserf

I wish people here

would

do that. Rain seems to bring out all the incompetent/careless/fucking stupid drivers.

kittehserf

LOL the blockquote monster’s had its revenge! That “would” was meant to be in italics.

😀

BigMomma

@kittehserf, yeah, I’ve had the experience in driving in a full on rain storm with visibility down to just beyond the bonnet. I’ve slowed to 60k on a 100k road, debating pulling over. And then people barrel past me, clearly still going at 100k.

kittehserf

That’s pretty much St Kilda Road every time it rains, BigMomma. Step onto the pedestrian crossing at your peril, because the idea that it takes longer to stop in the wet is apparently too much for some idiots to grasp.

BigMomma

Plus, you can’t even fucking see when it’s pelting down that damn hard.

I’ve slowed to 60k on a 100k road

60,000 is still too fast, IMHO.

BigMomma

Australia’s a big country, Katz, we need the speed to get places.

Australia, the land of supersonic highways.

kittehserf

Or at least, drivers who think they are!

BigMomma

I wish there were supersonic highways…the Pacific Highway which runs the coast from Brisbane to Sydney, being the only motorway between these major cities, is actually a two lane pot holed road in places. And there’s no decent intercity public transport, the trains are a joke.

BigMomma

sorry, I’m being dull. Apologies. Worn out after a weekend of evil feminist fun with my husband and demi-illegitimate children at a theme park, then the beach.

kittehserf

After the walls o’ text from various trolls, grammar ninnies and ur-doin-feminism-rong types, talking about pot-holes on the Hume & co is not dull, believe me.

cloudiah

I love the idea of demi-illegitimate children & supersonic highways.

I’m moving to Australia.

BigMomma

come cloudiah, we even have libraries

cloudiah

I wanna… I will visit Australia someday…

kittehserf

Oooh yes!

Come to Melbourne!

I sure hope you can/ feel up do doing brunch on May 4th (in LA, obvs, not here).

“Demi-legitimate Children and Supersonic Highways” is the name of my concept album.

Merus
Merus

Don’t take my Matrix comparisons away from me.

BigMomma

katz…like. Can my daughters sing/play piano/recorder on it?

My 10yr old is playing with her school recorder group at the opera house this year!

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Fitzge, if you want to measure the overall “health” of a society, there are a lot more metrics available. Poverty, education, life expectancy, income, human rights, to name just a few. You also have to focus on the well-being of all segments of society, not just able-bodied straight cis white males between the ages of 18 and 55. Using family structure to gauge societal health is like a doctor focusing on the big toe to evaluate the overall health of the patient.

Then elsewhere you move the goalposts and claim you’re trying to measure the overall health of “gender relations”.

What you’re really angry about is the disappearance of social stigmas around divorce, children outside of wedlock, etc. You imagine there was some historical golden age, some prelapsarian paradise where there were Rules, and women and children Knew Their Place. And now that the lid’s been ripped off, you blame feminism and think the world is going to hell in a handbasket. You’re making the same error that right-wing Christians make, assuming that without Rules and Regulations handed down from on high, people just don’t know right from wrong and will behave immorally. Most folks have pretty strong internal moral compasses and don’t need a book or a bunch of lawmakers to spell out right vs. wrong for them.

One can equally argue that the bump in divorce rates reflects the moral degeneracy of the previous system. People no longer have to stay trapped in loveless, terrible marriages for the sake of…..what? Appearances? People nowadays get married, and stay married, because they love each other and want to be together, not because society expects it of them. Marriages are based on mutual partnership instead of the man controlling and dominating the woman as if she were a dog. That sounds to me like an improvement in gender relations.

You’re making the mistake of trying to validate your personal hangups by applying pseudo-social science, and in the process strewing a big chumbucket of fail all over this thread. The other sharks got to you first, but I can’t resist a good debunkin’.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

That would make a great license plate slogan, too.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Heeeere blockquote monster! Breakfast!!

leatapp
leatapp

The absence of slavery and monarchy are “way outside any historical norm”. So? You’re committing a logical fallacy if you think something being the old way or being popular in the olden days makes it preferable.

Misogynists are so desperate for an excuse for their hatred of women. There isn’t one. There is no valid reason for being a hateful, abusive, bigot.

Bina
Bina

Ah yes, the Golden Age. That golden figment of shitty imaginations. How I do NOT miss it!

Sam-I-Was?
Sam-I-Was?

You know it’s kind of funny how so many people talk about the good old days but being slightly *cough cough* older civilization as we know it is not coming to a halt anytime soon contrary to what some people think even if woman are treated as equals instead of children. Every generation is proclaimed to be the downfall of life as we know it. Funny how we’re still here isn’t it?

The good old days quite honestly sucked for most people. Sure if you were married you could be an abusive ass to your wife and she wouldn’t be able to leave you. I’m not entirely sure why you think that is a good thing. A woman having a child without being married also not a terrible thing in the mind of the vast majority of people. Allowing adults to get married to those they love is a good thing and god will not smote you the moment it is legal.

If you are afraid of the changes in society feel free to complain about them and if so inclined rally to get laws passed that allow discrimination. Just don’t be surprised when the majority of the people tell you to shove it you asshat.

katz…like. Can my daughters sing/play piano/recorder on it?

Naturally. Do they mind being in a creepy-sounding children’s choir? It’s an album about a dystopic future.

kittehserf

BigMomma, that’s cool about your daughter’s group playing at the Opera House!

titianblue
titianblue

This thread does amuse me.

Toll-y: But feminism means women can choose to do whatever makes them happiest.
Boobzers: Yes
Troll-y: So women are starting to be able to do whatever makes them happiest!
Boobzers: Yes! Isn’t that wonderful.
Troll-y: But women doing whatever makes them happiest is dreadful.
Boobzers: Sorry, what?
Troll-y: Women mustn’t be allowed to do whatever they want! That’s just a sick society, it’s historically wrong, it’s the end of everything. It’s the apocalypse!
Boobzers: Ok. Bored with troll-y. Anyone got any good recipes?

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

Hahaha… Didn’t mean to come off so reactionary about non fat yoghurt, my time in Santa Cruz surrounded by clueless but well meaning pseudo hippies carrying a u-haul of unexamined privilege lecturing me on scrambling an egg in a teaspoon of butter while they use some spread that’s 60% hydrogenated oils has made me a little trigger-happy about my dairy products 😛

LBT
LBT

RE: Sam-I-Was

You know it’s kind of funny how so many people talk about the good old days

This actually makes me wonder. I’ve got a question for the older US Boobzers. Despite my high mileage, I’m still relatively young (newly twenty-six) and I’ve always wondered: has the US always been like this? Did it used to be better or worse? I keep hearing conflicting things and maybe it’s just because it’s conflicting truths, that’s it’s better for some people or worse for others, but things seem to have gotten shittier as I’ve aged. (That might be due to me falling down the ladder, though, rather than an actual general impression of my local society.)

RE: BigMomma

Oooh! Share, share!

RE: katz

My kid sister would like this concept album please thank you.

cloudiah

@LBT, As an old, I think things are generally a little bit better than they were when I was your age, but it can be hard to see because (a) not everything is better, and lots of important things are terrible, and (b) when things do get better it often engenders a significant reaction from those with entrenched privilege. (Which someone here called, hopefully, an “extinction burst.”)