antifeminism beta males bunnies creepy dozens of upvotes empathy deficit entitled babies evil sexy ladies evil single moms excusing abuse idiocy imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA one hundred upvotes only men pay taxes apparently oppressed men reddit sexual harassment

Men’s Rights Redditor: “Going to a strip club as a guy must be like going to a regular nightclub as a girl!”

Peep show
Peep show

How stupid do you have to be to actually believe the following nonsense? Not just regular stupid. Men’s Rights stupid.

Wow, just wow. This blew my mind the other day when I went to the strip club (self.MensRights)  submitted 1 day ago* by horqth  So I went in there, with no intention of buying anything, I just went in there and got something to drink and sat down by myself.  After a few minutes, strippers comes up to me and starts to be nice to me, tells me I look good, that I dress well and, they are just basically trying to charm me and they treats me as a king. (This is just to get me to spend money on them of course, but if we ignore that, these girls are basically making me feel really good about myself)  Then it hit me: going to a strip club as a guy must be like going to a regular nightclub as a girl!  Because when a girl goes to a club all the guys will come up to her and treat her nice, and try to charm her.  Told my friends about this and they said their minds were blown as well, what do you think?  Edit: spelling

Heck, this is even stupid by normal Men’s Rights standards. It made me think of this line from Ruthless People.

Now, horqth could very well be a troll. His account is brand new, and, I mean, this is just amazingly dumb. But here’s the thing: his comments are being treated as if they are completely reasonable by the Men’s Rights subreddit. I noticed only a couple of mostly ignored comments out of more than 100 even raising the possiblity that he was a troll.

Not only has his post gotten dozens of upvotes, but in the comments there are numerous other Men’s Rights Redditors — not trolls — who’ve actually managed to outdo him in the sheer ridiculousness of their opinions. And they’re getting upvotes too.

Milessycamore seemed to suggest that horqth had understated the degree to which men were being victimized in both places, and more than 200 Redditors agreed:

milessycamore 162 points 1 day ago (212|50)  except the difference is that you, as a man... pay BOTH places...

Saxonjf thought it would be nice if more women would act like these strippers and make men feel “important special.”

saxonjf 8 points 1 day ago (10|2)  Great analogy. I've never been to a strip club (and have no intention), but it wouldn't hurt women to realize that making a man feel important special will help the relationship.  We've grown up in an era where denigrating men is fashionable, and women don't realize that building us up, rather than tearing us down, will make a huge difference in our relationships.

Itchybrain, putting his economist hat on, suggested that the root of the problem was the massive over-valuation of women:

itchybrain 27 points 1 day ago (36|9)  Very true. Most guys minds would explode if they got the attention the average looking girl gets. I think Marc Rudov said that for a guy to get the kind of attention the average girl gets he would have to be a millionaire. It just shows you how over valued women are sexually and how under valued men are.

So how did the ladies get so overvalued in the first place? Blame the government and all that darn welfare. Responding to one contrarian Men’s Righster who suggested — get this! — that women are appropriately valued — FloranHunter laid down this truth bomb, by which I mean a bunch of complete and utter crap:

FloranHunter 7 points 17 hours ago (8|1)  Not exactly.  The government MASSIVELY subsidizes women, especially single mothers. They still can't get everything they want or possibly need with it but women no longer need a man to survive. This causes a corresponding massive devaluation of unattractive but socially useful (aka has an ok or better job) men. In the past, women needed men or they starved or were vulnerable to violence. This is no longer the case.

If only we could return to the good old days, when women would starve unless they were super nice to unattractive dudes who pestered them in bars!

Lawtonfogle also has no problem with the idea of men being valued for their money; he just wants to get more bang(s) for the buck.

Lawtonfogle 10 points 1 day ago (12|2)  Government intervention in the means of social support programs that result in a woman having far more bargaining power in relationship dynamics. If it weren't for laws that provided support for children and forced fathers to pay for children (even when they aren't the biological father), it would be a very different issue. Men would still be valued for their money and women for their attractiveness, but money would hold more value and being a male willing to commit would also hold (more) value.      permalink     source     parent     save     give gold     hide child comments  [–]IOIOOIIOIO 5 points 23 hours ago (7|2)  Effective male contraception is going to be amazing.

I give up.

Lloyd
Lloyd

I’m pretty sure that condoms are effective male contraception.
I just… Wow!
Did I misread that or did FloranHunter complain about women being too safe from violence?

Cat lady - I love cats, but that does not mean I am mentally unstable.
Cat lady - I love cats, but that does not mean I am mentally unstable.

The key problem – known to everyone intuitively, but now deemed politically inadmissible – is that men (but not women) need a good job in order to ‘have a life’ – that is, to acquire a partner and have a family. The explanation for this could not be clearer. Males possess mate-value in terms of the degree to which they possess ‘good genes’, regarding which male status is the major indicator. This is not the case for any woman: there being no overlap with men here, because female mate-value is ‘fertility’, not ‘good genes’; and as such is unrelated to status. Status is purely a measure of male mate-value. Inasmuch as the scope for males to achieve status is ever more narrowed by deliberate government anti-male discrimination and in artificially favouring women — and inasmuch as this is exacerbated by an inexcusably elitist-separatist motivation by those who have placed themselves within the government-media-education über-class — then many or most men indeed will not be able to ‘have a life’. The predictable impact of this is serious social breakdown, one major manifestation of which would be likely violence against the government-media-education elites, given that they are clearly identifiable as being responsible.

Zoe Blunt

Someone please tell these d00dz about vasectomies.

hellkell
hellkell

Cat lady: what the fuck? I hate to be the one to break it to you, but men are not undervalued.

Obvious troll is obvious.

sparky
sparky

What I have learned from this post:

1. Men want women to make them feel “important special.” It doesn’t really matter what the woman actually thinks about the man.
2. The life of a single mother on welfare is cushy and glamorous.
3. It would be better if it was back in the old days, when, without a man, a woman starved or fell prey to violence.
4. Men are valued for their money and women for their attractiveness. Women’s attractiveness value has been over-inflated by government intervention. The only way to right this is to make sure money is valued way more than attractiveness. Women cannot be valued for their money and men cannot be valued for their attractiveness. No one can be valued for their personality.
5. Fathers shouldn’t have to help support and raise their children.
6. All women are essentially like strippers; they all pay attention to men for monetary gain.

Yep, greatest human rights movement of the 20th century.

melee_mel
melee_mel

How about this? How about: “Strip clubs are about the only place in the universe that Mens Rights’ maxim of ‘women are only after men’s cash’ becomes true”? SHE IS BEING NICE TO YOU BECAUSE SHE WANTS YOUR MONEY. That is her fucking job.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Didn’t quite follow all of that, Cat Lady, but I’m guessing your key theme is that love conquers all?

Fade
Fade

*sssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

@cat lady

i hope you realize that made no sense.

are you forgetting that “status” as a men benefits them? Like, if you have a well paying job, you get lots of money if you have a fancy title you get respect.

those status things are for men. they’re to benefit them. and if they’re whining that it’s not getting them women, well, no one is obligated to date anyone else.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Men don’t care about “good genes”. That is not a thing that dudes have ever invoked to justify their preferences, nope, never happened.

(Personally I don’t see why anyone should justify their preferences, as long as the people they prefer are all adults and capable of consent, but that’s a different argument.)

hellkell
hellkell

I do love how the original mister completely missed the entire point of strip clubs–to separate people from their cash.

I’m sure cat lady is not at all the catwoman who pooped in another thread a couple of days ago.

kittehserf

Is this Cat Lady troll the same as Cat Woman from the thread the other day? I call sock.

Ruthless People is one of my favourite films and that is one of my favourite scenes.

Of course Earl looks smart alongside MRAs.

kittehserf

Ninjaed by katz!

sparky
sparky

“20th century” should be “21st century.” Sorry, apparently I’m still preoccupied with 1985.

Cat lady: You do know that women also pass on their genes to their children? In fact half of everyone’s genes came from their mother. So, no, this:

…is complete and utter nonesense. Well, your whole post is complete and utter nonsense, this bit just stuck out at me.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

There should be some sort of punishment for creating a nym too long to fit in the space available. Since she’s claiming to be a cat I say we spray her with water.

hellkell
hellkell

Which one was Catwoman again?

Fade
Fade

in cute animal updates, which are way more important than boring evopsych trolls who post walls of text, my sisters guinea pig is crawling all over my arms and seriously hindering my internet abilities

kittehserf

Cat woman was a very smelly sockish twit who did a driveby the other day. It was so boring I can’t remember the details.

Fade – squeee! 🙂

LBT
LBT

You know, guys. I’ve heard a lot of criticisms of welfare in my day, from all sorts of arenas: moral, political, economical. But this is the very first time I’ve ever encountered the complaint that welfare keeps a woman from fucking you. I mean, godDAMN.

RE: Cat Lady

Oh. It’s YOU again.

Uh, no. That’s bullshit. There are men who are supported by their families, or spouses, or by social support programs. *points to self* There are women who need to work or they’ll starve. *points to my mother*

Yup, because when I look at my husband, that’s what I think about. His genes.

Where are you pulling this shit from? Oh, right, the Institute of Your Ass.

Did you even THINK about how you sound right now? Seriously, I’ve read Dr. Bronner’s soap lables less goofy than this!

Well, that was a FASCINATING little fantasy, madam, but it’s just that: fantasy.

LBT
LBT

Wait, wait, I just realized something.

If hubby’s appeal to me is his genes… but I’m gay… and he can’t impregnate me… OH GOD HELP I’M BROKEN!

Please tell me that was a Bowling for Soup reference.

kittehserf

Oh strewth, I’d forgotten the names of the Eleven Kilometres socks. 😀

But someone called Catwoman / Cat woman was here the other day, briefly.

Anyways, I’ve dropped a note to the Dark Lord to see if this is yet another escapee from the sock drawer.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
Roscoe P. Coltrane

The comments by “saxonjf” and “lawnfogle” in the OP are a stupid because they actually idealize the notion of women immitating strippers and fawning over men for profit. Aren’t MRAs supposed to oppose the objectification of men?

Also the whole analogy is stupid, because as far as motives are concerned, it equates men in a club setting with strippers. To me this seems overly simplistic at best and misandric at worst.

Timothy Byrne (@TByrne75)

Ruthless people is in my top 5 favourite comedies ever. So many quotable lines :

“When my husband hears about this, he will EXPLODE!!”

“Either the police chief is a complete moron, and complete morons are rare…[sideways glance at Earl]”

“What’d he do? Hire a publicist??”

“I’ve been kidnapped by K-mart!!”

“We have 150 officers, 75 cars and 2 helicopters. He WON’T get away!”

“You’re very good at this. You should write children’s books.”

“I’m no criminal. I can’t even sell retail. And that’s legal!”

I could go on….

Oh yeah, the article. *snickers* I enjoyed the commenter that wasn’t a woman, and hadn’t been (allegedly) to a strip club, but still commented knowledgeably on the comparison…

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I do sometimes look at men and think about their jeans, and factor that assessment into how attractive I find them. Does that count?

hellkell
hellkell

Men are not being objectified in this instance. The strippers are still treating them like people.

Misandry is not a thing, jackass.

hellkell
hellkell

Blockquote monster is peckish.

kittehserf

Timothy – and Earl’s great line:

Earl: Yeah, and then we’re off to Haiti!

Carol: Not Haiti, Tahiti.

Earl: I knew that.

kittehserf

WTF is boring old Roscoe Coltrane doing back here? He was trolling years ago.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Why do sexist dudes find the idea of objectification so hard to grasp? You’d think we were asking them to summarize Foucault in 50 words or less.

LBT
LBT

Good job, hellkell. And yeah, just ban ’em, David, it’s not like they’re being INTERESTING.

Also, bonus points to hellkell for quoting my wayward adolescence.

Timothy Byrne (@TByrne75)

@kittehserf. Bill Pullman’s expression sells the hell out of that line.

Also – “I seemed to go on forever. It must have lasted…..two minutes.”

And “So if I looked like his mother, and you looked like his father, this is what our son would look like……strong argument for birth control.”

Timothy Byrne (@TByrne75)

*EDIT*

“It seemed to go on forever. It must have lasted…….. two minutes.”

kittehserf

LOL yes, his shifty-eyed look when he said that!

sparky
sparky

katz: Yes, that’s the song!

Marie
Marie

@cat lady-I love cats, but that does not mean I am mentally unstable.

Subtle name. I can totally see you’re here in good faith.

Shaenon

Where do MRAs live that all the women they meet are either welfare queens or sponging off men? Have they honestly never seen a woman working a crummy, demanding job just to pay the rent?

…Didn’t one of them just get back from a strip club?

Shaenon

As an average-looking woman, I can’t say I’ve ever walked into a bar and had hot guys in G-strings offer me lap dances. Not until I’d bought them a couple of drinks, anyway.

LBT
LBT

RE: Shaenon

…Didn’t one of them just get back from a strip club?

Oh, but that doesn’t COUNT. Everyone knows women in strip clubs do it out of sheer love of the job. Money is just a nice perk to buy bonbons with.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

For our resident Aussies

Please remember to water your koala if you see one.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

@cassandra: I call you on your summarising error, it was a summarise Proust competition!

From the first comment listed by David:

So I went in there, with no intention of buying anything, I just went in there and got myself something to drink…

Why was he in the stripclub rather than just a regular bar? Aren’t the prices for the alcohol more expensive anyways and/or there’s a cover charge, so he is – in fact – buying “something” already?

HeatherN

Effective male contraception is going to be amazing.

I was quite literally laughing out loud at that one.

These boys can’t ever seem to remember the existence of condoms when they go on about “male contraception.”

Hookerwithaheartofmuscle
Hookerwithaheartofmuscle

As a sex worker I always laugh at the MRAs forgetting about condoms because clients always use the the same stupid line(s)

1. Sex *feels* better without a condom (fuck getting STIs or causing pregnancy, this is about how their dick *feels*).
2. I can’t cum with a condom on (me – ok I can give a handjob. But reference point ones reasons why I won’t fuck anyone without using a condom).

They always get a massive case of the sads when I point these out and use the weird “compliment” that they only as me due to my (ergh) “tightness”.

Needless to say this is why they see a sex worker cos god knows I wouldn’t date them/I feel awful for their wives.

It harps back to MAN FEELZ cos you know, their penis not being happy is the reason why woman are so goddamn awful.

CL
CL

MY KINGDOM FOR EFFECTIVE MALE CONTRACEPTION.

grumpycatisagirl

David commented:

Cat lady, not only are you sock puppeting (this is your third identity so far) but that comment was all copypasta from here.

(Note to readers; Steve Moxon is a fairly high-profile British MRA, sort of their version of Warren Farrell, though a bit more extreme from what I’ve seen.)

Well, no wonder Cat Lady made no sense. The “Women in the Workplace” publication at that link is one horrible wall of words saying nothing. I think it might be the single most boring text I’ve ever tried to read.

Why on earth would Parliament post shit like that on its Web site?

Calum Morrison

I wonder if these guys have actually met women? In my experience most of the women I’ve met and wanted to hang around (based on their awesomeness as a person or lack of it), have been independent, tenacious, ambitious and self-sufficient. Also, getting compliments in a club is not the apex of human experience, I kind of actually want these guys to transform into an attractive woman for a day, Disney style, and experience the “utopia” for themselves. Wow all these guys are hitting on me! I can retire happy my life is complete!

1 2 3 9